Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ottoman Turks and New World Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ottoman Turks and New World Expansion
    Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 02:58
Ottomans can use their african lands for expanding America,  but their center was istanbul. So They prefered to interest lands more near to istanbul.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 17:26
Dear All, this reminds me a long tiome topic opened on thsi regards about what if chineses discovered America. I said then and Im saying now.

Spaniards approached to the new world after first Columbus trips. Colonies were set up on Cuba. Expeditions departured from Cuba to the shores of Yucatan, Veracruz and Tabasco.

Now, some spaniards were either captured or their boats shipwrecked. This very few survivor were rescued/captured by the natives living on the the area.

Cortez got the most valuable asset on his conquest, when the Malinche was offered as a tribute to him. When a spaniard survivor was rescued, he was able to translate to the castillian to the mayan, and the Malinche was able to translate from the Mayan to the Nahua. Therefore, Cortez was able to play with the mesoamerican realpolitik and turn the tributaries city states agaisnt the mexicas.

If the Ottomans , Chinese, Martians or any other culture managed to arrive to the shores of Mexico or Peru they surely would face a more consistence resistance without any near supply base or reinforcements, being eventually defeated by the locals or the tropical deseases as the black vomit or the malary.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer - 02-Feb-2007 at 17:27
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 18:46
You bet!

I agree absolutely.

Just see how badly the Norse failed in its own "Conquist of the Americas".
The same would had happened to Ottomans, Chineses or Martians, indeed LOL

Pinguin

Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 22:58
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Dear All, this reminds me a long tiome topic opened on thsi regards about what if chineses discovered America. I said then and Im saying now.

Yes, we all know this and there is no need to reiterate it.  There was a reason I started a new topic with a different set of questions to guide the discussion.  I hope that those appear a bit more detailed than just asking the silly question of "what if the Chinese/Ottomans discovered the New World!"  In fact, my question is not "what if they discovered it" in the new thread.  It goes a lot deeper than that, and the discussion thus far has been friutful.  See this for further reference:

Ottoman perceptions of the Americas 

Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

If the Ottomans , Chinese, Martians or any other culture managed to arrive to the shores of Mexico or Peru they surely would face a more consistence resistance without any near supply base or reinforcements, being eventually defeated by the locals or the tropical deseases as the black vomit or the malary.

Yes, you are probably correct.  We have already thoroughly covered the aspect of disease and immunities in the new thread.  The question I am asking is a cultural one and already assumes that the Ottomans have made it to the New World.  If it is too much of a crazy alternative scenario for you, then you don't have to bother with it.  But, I assure you, we have applied real history to the scenario, which you can see here:

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 18:05
Another forum like this is in the Imperialism forum, just before Modern forum. Very interesting topic. Can this forum somehow merge with the one posted in Imperialism section>?

Join us.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:01
Originally posted by pekau

Another forum like this is in the Imperialism forum, just before Modern forum. Very interesting topic. Can this forum somehow merge with the one posted in Imperialism section>?

I started both topics.  The reason why I started the new one is because there were some questions raised in here that I wanted to focus on separately.  People kept ignoring my posts when I tried to bring the focus onto these questions, so I thought a brand new topic would be the best way to facilitate the discussion.

MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:22
i dont think ottomans could reach the new world becouse they faced a lot of thread from neighborhing countries like, afrika, europe, and persians they couldnt afford the new world.
MASONRY WELCOMES EVERYBODY
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:43
Originally posted by MASON1

i dont think ottomans could reach the new world becouse they faced a lot of thread from neighborhing countries like, afrika, europe, and persians they couldnt afford the new world.

You have arrived a bit late into the discussion.  Please see the previous three pages of this thread, where we already established that the Ottomans would not have gone to the New World because of mainly military, logistic, and economic difficulties.  This is why they chose the Indian Ocean instead.  Please see my thread on this:

You might find interesting my new thread, in which we discuss the religious and ideological reasons why the Ottomans formed their concept of the Americas in the sixteenth century.  Also, we look at a hypothetical situation that assumes the Ottomans made contact with American Indians.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:47
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Originally posted by pekau

I started both topics.  The reason why I started the new one is because there were some questions raised in here that I wanted to focus on separately.  People kept ignoring my posts when I tried to bring the focus onto these questions, so I thought a brand new topic would be the best way to facilitate the discussion.

Good idea. That's probably the best.

Join us.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2007 at 12:09
I heard that Colombus first asked support from the Ottomans but Ottomans rejected him.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 22:39

He asked support to Portugueses and British. I never heared he asked to Turks as well. Do you have references?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234