Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst/Horrible Massacres...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst/Horrible Massacres...
    Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 01:05
Originally posted by Red4tribe

The 2 worst recent history massacares are the holocost and the Armenian Genocide.Ancient massacares I am undecided upon.

More Vietnamese and Cambodians died under American airpower, firebombs and poisonous defoliants during the Vietnam war than did Armenians under the Turkish sabre in WW1. The Armenian massacres may have been a dark chapter in Ottoman history, but they were not the worst nor the first in World history.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 01:23
Originally posted by bg_turk

I did provide academic references for these figures, published in reputable scientific journals.

5.5 million Muslims (mostly Turks) were killed between 1820 and 1920 during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and as many were exiled. This you cannot deny, and if you try to deny it we will not let you deny it as long as we live.

Let me guess, McCarthy and Kemal Karpat again?
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 02:12
Originally posted by mamikon

Originally posted by bg_turk

I did provide academic references for these figures, published in reputable scientific journals.

5.5 million Muslims (mostly Turks) were killed between 1820 and 1920 during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and as many were exiled. This you cannot deny, and if you try to deny it we will not let you deny it as long as we live.

Let me guess, McCarthy and Kemal Karpat again?

Justin McCarthy, Kemal Karpat, Dennis Hupchik, Robert Olson, Ali Eminov, Heath Lowry are the first that spring to mind
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 12:19
lol, no point for me to argue anything...not that it is allowed on this forum

but according to your logic, on average, every 20 years, 1,000,000 Turks were massacred?
Alparslan1071 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2006 at 02:58

I think all massacres is the final result of the load of the community.It s leaking inside the society and explode suddenly.

Rwanda Hutu-Tutsi problem.One tripe is minority but have more power than the rest of the majority.after some reasons majority killed the minority.or after that minorty killed majority.

Because of the  people who doesnt know any idea about the region(French and Belgians) or for their benefit they ve dived the country and people bacame anmy.

Before french hand touch they werent kill each other.

Same has happened in Ottoman Empire.We were living with peace with greeks,armenians and serbians,bulgarians.

But Russians started a problem in the orthodox people (Bulgarians,Serbians,Greeks)and those people wanted the freedom.

Freedom brougth blood and tears to this lands but Russia become more rich and great country.

Greece became free after them all the others wanted same independence.They ve got all independence but this was the game of the other countries.

For more money dived a country (Ottoman Empire) but it brougth money for westerns but massacres or sadness for locals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123