Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic State : Who Begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic State : Who Begins
    Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 20:16
i think there will be an islamic empire. one state will grow really strong, and conquer  the other muslim countries by force. thats wat i honestly think the way to do it is. and thats how its always happend in the the past.

prophet muhamed  united arabia through force....at first at least.

then after he died, it was gona fall apart, but abu bakr managed to keep it intact after a violent campain.

same with the ummayads, when they killed ali and finished off his descendants because they didnt agree with them being in power.

another example is the ottamens, they got other muslims in their empire through conquest as well.

im afraid voilence is the only language we understand.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 21:06
Saddam's Iraq ambitioned to be that country: one that would unify all Arabs in a sole national union (a secular one though). They didn't go far. Yet, maybe in other circumstances...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 22:16

Originally posted by Super Goat (^_^)

i think there will be an islamic empire. one state will grow really strong, and conquer  the other muslim countries by force. thats wat i honestly think the way to do it is. and thats how its always happend in the the past.

prophet muhamed  united arabia through force....at first at least.

then after he died, it was gona fall apart, but abu bakr managed to keep it intact after a violent campain.

same with the ummayads, when they killed ali and finished off his descendants because they didnt agree with them being in power.

another example is the ottamens, they got other muslims in their empire through conquest as well.

im afraid voilence is the only language we understand.

huh?!

Prophet mohammed didnt unite Arabia by force not at the begining and not at the end. he stayed 13 years preaching people in macca and when the muslim population increased he travelled to madia who already became muslims and wellcomed him he didnt conquer madia.

then the rest of gaswas started for the protection of the religion and most of these battels were a last option ones at the point when his enemies decided to end them. also Yemen became muslim peacefully.

and after his death only a group of people in yemen and oman did revolt in not paying Zakah and what was called "kharaj" to the 1st Caliph AbuBaker then he launched an attack against them.

Umayyads didnt kill Caliph Ali, the Ummayad caiiphat's reagon hasn't begun yet when Caliph ali was Alive!

and voilence isn't the only lanugage we understand its the last option used. i assume by we you mean muslims.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 22:58
okay i guess i exagerated everything....

when i said ummayads i meant their clan, i didnt mean that they were in power..... Muawiyah killed ali, n thats how his clan got in power right?

i still think uniting the arab or muslim world through conquest is the most probable way though....
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 23:03
also i know most of the uniting happend through preaching...but take the capture of mecca for example, he marched with 10000 to mecca, although there was no fighting, meccans surrendered primarily because of the overwhelming strength. and thats what i mean...that if theres a strong enough country, other countries will realize wats best for them and join....doesnt necessarily have to be violent.

so just sitting around and hope for countries to miracliously unite probably will take a while

and also, i know the ummayads werent in control, but Muawiyah was made something like governer over syria or sham at that time....

Edited by Super Goat (^_^)
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 00:48

about Muaweyah, he was put governor of syria by Caliph Umar, and he didnt kill Caliph Ali.

the people who assasinated Caliph Ali planned to assasinate Muaweyah at the same time after Al Fajr prayer, three men were sent to Ali and three to Muaweyah in Damascus.

the ones who went to assasin Caliph ali succeded and injured him so badly that he died 3 days later.

the ones who went to assasin Muaweyah didnt succeed and they were caught by Muaweyah's bodyguards. i think muaweyah was injured too but not deadly.

oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 20:00

also i know most of the uniting happend through preaching...but take the capture of mecca for example, he marched with 10000 to mecca, although there was no fighting, meccans surrendered primarily because of the overwhelming strength.

hz muhammed and the meccans made a peace treaty that promised that for 10 years none would attack each other and the muslims wer allowed to enter mecca without being harmed ad vica versa. WHEN THE MECCANS BROKE THIS TRUCE THEN AND ONLY THEN DID THE MUSLIMS CONQUEOR MECCA. which was inevitable becoz the capture of mecca was written in the koran way before it was conquored, just another miracle of our holy book.

and thats what i mean...that if theres a strong enough country, other countries will realize wats best for them and join....doesnt necessarily have to be violent.

i dont no why but u seem to have a bad view of muslims being violent and aggressive. this is propaganda used by the west, but it seems our muslims also believe it due to lack of knowledge i guess (i assumed ur muslim, if not i appologise). war is the last ever option in our book.

"fight in the way of allah, against those who fight against you, ...but if they stop let there be no more war, for ALLAH NEVER LOVES THE STARTER OF WARS"

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 23:57
I pretty much agree with Ottoman Turk and Azimuth. Let us remember that our Islamic history of politics is politics, is not necessary a part of our religion. Not necessary kingdomships, method of conquest, ..etc. Those just reflected the politics of those days.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Hamoudeh View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hamoudeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 02:33
If a few years ago, I would have said Afghanistan and be proved wrong in the end ... or at least at this point in time.

Edited by Hamoudeh
Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 13:16

With all respect for other opinions stated above, I am against any Islamic State per se, but will support a democratic secular state be it a constitutional monarchy or republic who's sources of law are from different countries as well as Islamic law adaptable to a modern country.

Edited by Moustafa Pasha
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2006 at 19:28
Originally posted by azimuth

and for most of the Islamic history the Caliphs weren't the religious leaders of the Caliphate nor they were religious themselves.

I concur, the duty of the emir or khalifa(caliph) is to simply dispense with affairs of the state and to not go against the rulings of Islam and were as liable and subject to appearance in the Law Court as anyone else.

When good persons became caliphs and attained the power of that office, they used it to bring about prosperity justice and freedom. But the same power when wielded by a tyrannical caliph caused the opposite to happen.

Edited by malizai_
shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 13:43
I sure hope we wont be a part of this state. It kinda scary that there are people on this globe that want to start a islamic state under sharia law and want to do that by force and killing... History repeating itself...
Iran parast
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 16:41
I guess the last of an Islamic State was the Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan led by Emir-ul-Mumenien Mullah Mohammad Omer and distroyed by Americans with the help of fellow muslim nation Pakistan.

Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2006 at 14:08
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

i dont no why but u seem to have a bad view of muslims being violent and aggressive. this is propaganda used by the west, but it seems our muslims also believe it due to lack of knowledge i guess (i assumed ur muslim, if not i appologise). war is the last ever option in our book.

"fight in the way of allah, against those who fight against you, ...but if they stop let there be no more war, for ALLAH NEVER LOVES THE STARTER OF WARS"

I disagree, Muslims are violent. It's enough to remember the cartoon crisis! It's a fact.. I do agree with you however that the religion of Islam is peaceful. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Muslims (I'm a Muslim and Turk myself by the way).

Cheers

Edited by Pacifist

shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 10:20
agree islam only has brought bad things to my nation, not one thing it brought was positve or not acheavable without islam... But i dont heel link bitching i m trying to make my country a better place  without islamic extemism or any religion in the government.
Iran parast
Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 15:34

We already have two Islamic States Iran and Saudi Arabia which are paradox in our modern time. My definition of an Isalmic State is that the majority of its citizens are Moslems, But its constitution mus declare that it is a secular state with separation  of powers and protection of its minorities rights of relgion ,property and free speech.Freedom of the press and all other aspects of true democracy.

shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 16:27
i hope you only have one islamic state in 2016 and that one wont be Iran
Iran parast
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 19:56
I think it was a tragedy for the Caliphate to have been abolished by Ataturk following the demise of the Ottoman Turkish Empire. If the Caliphate is to be re-established, then I believe it ought to be re-established in Turkey.
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 16:00
Good luck with that turkey is that last Islamic country that will establish the Caliphate. 

I also agree that Iran is already a Islamic state. 

Im sorry to tell you this Shayan Iran will continue to be a islamic state by 2016. 

Dont get me wrong Shayan i love Iran very much and want the best for her, but as things stand Iran will not change for a while.
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 16:03

I dont agree about uniting the Islamic states by force like super goat said.

I think that giving it some time the islamic countries could form thier own type of EU.  You guys might laugh at that but i honestly think it is a possibility.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12