Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most Effective Terrorgroup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Effective Terrorgroup
    Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 19:09
The terrorist state of Israel, obviously. It came into being in 1948 after a campaign of bombing and killing by groups like the Haganah. The Americans, guilty about not doing more to prevent the Holocaust, support Israel's ethnic cleansing of the descendents of the biblical Jews. Anyone who dares to criticise the atrocities is automatically branded an antisemite. Is it surprising that the modern Palestinian terror groups adopted the early methods of their oppressors?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 19:26
Like all of these 'who is or who was' threads....historical context and era remains the key.
Next.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 19:31

Despite the hammering they received in Afghanistan we mustn't simply dismiss Al-Qaeda, however. They remain a genuine threat, despite Osama's long-overdue execution and the wave of democratic revolutions across the Arab world.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 19:41
Yep but as as ole Ed B. from Dalhart would say..."that thar rat bastard personal aint a threat no more"

Wise man ole Ed.Wink

S. T. Friedman

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2011 at 08:16
The IRA beats Al Queda (just like in the deadliest warrior series)...

The IRA operated for decades in a small geographical area.  Their opponents included a nation with a first rate, high tech military and loyalist terror groups.  Al Queda could operate openly and in a large scale in Pakistan Sudan and they pretty much ran Afghanistan witht he Taliban.  

Meanwhile, the IRA had "safe houses", but never a "safe country" where they could operate openly and in a large scale (base camps, training camps etc). And  unlike Al Queda, the IRA also lacked a global recruit pool.

Yet.... they kept going and going and going.

Edited by Cryptic - 05-Sep-2011 at 08:19
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2011 at 20:33
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Yep but as as ole Ed B. from Dalhart would say..."that thar rat bastard personal aint a threat no more"

Wise man ole Ed.Wink

That's a dangerous way of thinking. The old bastard might be dead but he's got a lot of mates who want revenge
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2011 at 01:27
On the contrary Nick ole son...ya eradicate as necessary one at a time...the only thing one fears is the fear they allow to impart on the weak willed.... which includes and is part and parcel of their intent.. to destroy the culture I enjoy and defend. Tis not dangerous at all.. for in the end if it requires a multi approach to eradicate and destroy... then like the insects they remain....bring on the chemicals.

Amen.Wink

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12