Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The future of Karabakh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The future of Karabakh
    Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 18:19
Originally posted by kapikulu

you mean a minority?

Nope, read some books....

Originally posted by bg_Turk

Armenia got rid of as many as 200,000 Azeri Turks within her territories. Where was their right to defend themselves?

They had no line of defense, and it is a tragedy...the 350,000 Armenians who fled Azerbaijan also had no line of defense.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 18:25
Originally posted by bg_turk

Exactly, the gap in opinion is unbirdgeable.

We'd both be better off talking to a brick-wall rather than continuing this pointless discsussion ad infitum and ad nauseum, and turning it into a futile meaningless excercise in rhetorical skills.

I'm off.

Well, its good for all of us to hear the other side of the story.

But honestly, I still don't know what right Azerbaijan had to annex the lands from Armenia in the first place.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 06-Sep-2006 at 18:27
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 18:33
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

But honestly, I still don't know what right Azerbaijan had to annex the lands from Armenia in the first place.

Inability to understand and refusal to understand are two entirely different things.

For those unable to understand a pursuit of a discusion may be a worthwhile exercise, for those who refuse to understand, it is simply a waste of time.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 20:45
Originally posted by bg_Turk

For those unable to understand a pursuit of a discusion may be a worthwhile exercise, for those who refuse to understand, it is simply a waste of time.

I am assuming that applies to you too...right?
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 13:17
Originally posted by mamikon

[QUOTE=kapikulu]
you mean a minority?

Nope, read some books....

You told that Tbilisi had a major Armenian population...And Bashibozuk asked if you meant a "majority" out there...For it to be a majority, there shall be more Armenians than any other folk out in Tbilisi...Georgians are the "majority" out there...And the folks with populations less than Georgians+less than half out there are in status of "minority", so I don't see any wrong when I say "minority" and also don't see why you are blatant out there.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 14:38
When I say major I meant majority as I said a post back...as in, the majority in that population was Armenian.

In fact during the Paris Peace conference of 1919, it was proposed that the capital of the "Greater Armenia" be Tbilisi. Greater Armenia in turn was proposed by some Armenians and backed by the French, where the lands given to Armenia would include those given to Armenia in the treaty of Sevres which ocurred in 1920 and also the province of Cilicia and a patch of land adjoining those two lands.

However, it should be stressed that there was no formal Armenian delegation to the Treaty of Paris.

Edited by mamikon - 11-Sep-2006 at 14:44
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 16:26

When I say major I meant majority as I said a post back...as in, the majority in that population was Armenian.

In Tbilisi?Majority Armenians?Huh...Confused
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 16:29
yes, after WWI
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:05
There are many Armenians in Tbilisi approximately 4%, in addition more than 3% has changed their surename into georgian surenames but its stupidity claim they're majority, even when armenian army in 1918 entered Georgia to capture tbilisi, those armenians living in tbilisi fought shoulder by shoulder with georgians to defeat invaders and we were victorious.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 09:47
Do you want my source?
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 20:39
Not every source is true, especially if the claim is unrealistic.
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 20:42
whats so unrealistic about it? why dont you explain it to us?
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 13:02

whats so unrealistic about it? why dont you explain it to us?

You are claiming more than %50 Armenian population in Tbilisi by 1918...Where they all had gone by now,then?

I have never heard of such a thing, I bet the Georgians haven't,too..
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 16:21

and also the province of Cilicia

No. Cilician region was invaded by the French after WWI, and Sykes-Picott made most of East-Central and southern Turkey part of French controlled area. Altough many Armenians of the surrounding regions were settled in the region by the French, Armenians have never became a majority in the region.

BTW Tbilisi was a city of Georgian majority by 1918, with significant Armenian and Muslim (Turks, Circassians, others) minorities.

Edited by Bashibozuk - 13-Sep-2006 at 16:22
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011