Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nowruz to be Recognized as National Celebration in Ontario

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nowruz to be Recognized as National Celebration in Ontario
    Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 22:06

Can someone be kind enough and tell me what the font is in my signature '1385'

Thank you

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 17:48

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
March 20, 2006

Presidential Message: Nowruz

I send greetings to those celebrating Nowruz.

Nowruz is an ancient celebration marking the arrival of the New Year. For millions of people around the world who trace their heritage to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, India, and Central Asia, Nowruz is a celebration of life and an opportunity to express joy and happiness through visiting family and friends, exchanging gifts, and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Our Nation is blessed by the traditions and contributions of Americans of many different backgrounds. Our diversity has made us stronger and better, and Laura and I send warm regards to all Americans celebrating Nowruz.

Best wishes for peace and prosperity in the New Year.

GEORGE W. BUSH

This line "Best wishes for peace and prosperity in the New Year." 

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:31
No I think Iraq means lowland or flat land, the Arabs called the Iranian plateau, Iraq al Ajam.
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 05:27
Originally posted by Zagros

Before Islam, all of Iraq was under Iranian dominion for 1000 years

even after Islam Iraq was part of Iran for sometimes.

doesnt Iraq mean "lower Iran"? if it does, it is ironic that bathi saddam chose to keep the name.

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 05:22
Originally posted by saiwan

Nowroz means new day. now = new , roz = day.

In persian new is taze, jadid. So if it was persian it would be called rozejadid, or roze taze.

In turkey, syria and irak, newroz is celebrated. They are by no means iranians. Just wanted to tell u this.

We should make this as joke of the year!!!

Next time saiwan you post, warn us ahead of time so I can get my popcorn and chips.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 17:40

Wow, what a fountain of knowledge you are!  *Irony* It is better to keep your mouth shut on matters you have very limited knowledge of, in this case, Persian etymology.

Before Islam, all of Iraq was under Iranian dominion for 1000 years and Turkey for 500 years. Not only that but the Osmanli of Turkey and the Seljuqs before them were great proponents of Iranian culture, INCLUDING language, the language of the royal courts was Persian and all nobles spoke it.   

People, don't feed the troll.

Edited by Zagros
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote saiwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 17:31

Hi ppls!

Nowroz means new day. now = new , roz = day.

In persian new is taze, jadid. So if it was persian it would be called rozejadid, or roze taze.

In turkey, syria and irak, newroz is celebrated. They are by no means iranians. Just wanted to tell u this.

Have a nice day all.

wassalam

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 04:25

You guys are attacking me, so I defend. What's the problem?

Lets stop it now.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 20:12
Originally posted by Cent

How ever, even if not, who are you to say I can't?

Who are you to say you can?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 17:41

god damn it cent. why do you have to turn every thread to your kurdish kurdistan pride sh*t thing all the time?

and PrznKonectoid, please stop with the aggressivness. the conversation became rather peacefull but you ruined it along with our friend cent; who cant shutup for a moment with his kurdistan bullsh*t propaganda.

enough already.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 03:56

"Cent. You don't live in Iran and you don't consider yourself Iranian, then I guess you shouldn't interfere with something you're not a part of... Honestly."

Still Kurdistan lies in Iran, then it is my right to interfere. If it wasn't a part i wouldn't interfere. How ever, even if not, who are you to say I can't?

Edited by Cent
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:36
actually one of the factors for the parliament is the population of the provinces, as well as religion minorities. So technically Kurdistan being one of the high-populated provinces and also being one of the religious minority communities (Sunni Muslim) is supposed to have more than one parliament member.
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:11

We? You mean you? As I've said before., the only way is federalism.

If I am not wrong Iran is probably the first country to constitute some form of Federalism under Ahamenid Satrapy giving some autonomy to regions. Satrap was inline with what is today called governor.

Also, today Iran is Federal to some degree by law if not but practice. Each province has a local government and a governor including Kurdistan

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:32
Cent. You don't live in Iran and you don't consider yourself Iranian, then I guess you shouldn't interfere with something you're not a part of... Honestly.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:16
Under the Azure Dome: Iranians Nowruz Festival in Canada

Under the Azure Dome cultural artistic festival will be celebrated by Iranians in Canada from 17 to 19 of March 2006.

Tehran, 16 March 2006 (CHN) -- Under the Azure Dome is a three-day cultural festival which will be held at the Harbourfront Center in Toronto, Canada starting from March 17, 2006 and ends two days later on the eve of Nowruz (Persian New Year). During this event, the vitality of Persian art and culture, the arrival of spring and the start of the Persian New Year will be celebrated.

This festival is the first Iranian-Canadian event of its kind and the most comprehensive presentation of Persian artistic genres ever in Canada.

The main programs of the festival include a symphony orchestra playing pieces of Persian music by Iranian composers called Sense of Spring. This event features prominent members of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra led by conductor Mehdi Javanfar and is an extraordinary opportunity for Classical music and Persian music lovers to sample symphonic music by three eminent Iranian composers and a renowned Azeri composer.

More highlights include exclusive screenwriting workshops with internationally acclaimed Iranian film director Kambozia Patovi and a theatre workshop with writer, director and dramaturge Soheil Parsa. A wide variety of Iranian dances including folk, traditional and contemporary will be performed by Sashar Zarif Dance Theatre.

The festival also features vendor booths, Persian cuisine, New Year specialty sweets, and pastries. Series of workshops, lectures and presentations are also planned to reflect upon the old memories of Nowruz and to familiarize non-Iranians with different aspects of this rich and ancient cultural heritage. These workshops cover a wide variety of topics such as carpet weaving, culinary art, and singing. A particular workshop is arranged to educate children about Haft Sin and get them involved in coloring eggshells to put them on the Haft Seen table.

The title of this festival, Under the Azure Dome, is a phrase used by Persian adults when they begin telling fairy tales to children. They usually start by saying: Once upon a time, under the azure dome and then they proceed to tell the story. So the phrase actually has a cultural meaning associated with it. It is a reminder of Iranian peoples childhood and for Iranians residing abroad, it brings to live their memories of the homeland.

Canada has one of the largest and well developed communities of Iranian immigrants in the world, with an estimated 85,000 living in the country according to recent statistics. Preserving the signs and symbols of Iran has long been crucial for Iranian immigrants in Canada. Although always willing to mix with their host community, they retain a strong sense of identity through their own cultural traditions.

Canada is the first country which has ratified the convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions which was approved by UNESCO General Conference on 20 October 2005.
http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6250 
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 16:18

We? You mean you? As I've said before., the only way is federalism.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
PrznKonectoid View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PrznKonectoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 16:03

us Farsi speaking (Persians) are our own thing too. But in the grander scheme we are all IRANIANS.

Just like a Saudi is a Saudi and a Yemeni is a Yemeni, but in reality they're all Arabs.

We cant afford to break Iran up any more than it already is.

Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 01:22

"Others get Kurds to think that they're Muslims, Iraqis, or just their own thing."

What? Ask a Kurd in Iraq if he's a Kurd or an Iraqi, he would say Kurd.

We are are own thing.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
PrznKonectoid View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PrznKonectoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 22:19

"cent, you kurds are our brothers. for example, i dont understand the kurdish mentality. like look at your signature. what do you mean kurds dont have friends? as long as there is an iran kurds will have a home. its not only you people that are being mistreated, all iranians are being mistreated! we need a democratic government, instead of fighting iran, fight for democracy in iran, be part of the solution, not the problem."

It's a Kurdish proverb. Do you think I only talk about Kurds in Iran? What about 25 million other Kurds? Kurds have been tools for everyone, every nation the last 100 years, and the proverb says that. The mountains has been our home, when we fight for freedom. The proverb also indicates that noone can be trusted, not even other Kurdish parties can trust eachother.

I understand that you can't understand our mentality. You have a state. Not we. And not say that Iran is Kurds home, when only 20% of the Kurds live there.

Dude we say Iran is your home because kurds ARE IRANIAN! Just like Mazanderani, Gilaki, Azeri and all the other groups. This is why we are so WEAK.

Turkish propoganidists get Azeris to think that they're Turks and break away. Others get Kurds to think that they're Muslims, Iraqis, or just their own thing. People get Persians to think that they're all Shias and shouldn't respect their Kurdish brothers. Others have Afghans believing they are their own thing. All of a sudden you have so many factions and so many groups.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO STAND UNITED AND PRESERVE OUR HERITAGE!!!!

Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 20:39

persia is just the wests word for iran, and persian is their word for people from iran.

just like germany is their word for dutschland.

we know that iran is iran, but to them its persia.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>