Print Page | Close Window

Nowruz to be Recognized as National Celebration in Ontario

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Ancient Mesopotamia, Near East and Greater Iran
Forum Discription: Babylon, Egypt, Persia and other civilizations of the Near East from ancient times to 600s AD
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9608
Printed Date: 25-Apr-2024 at 07:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nowruz to be Recognized as National Celebration in Ontario
Posted By: Behi
Subject: Nowruz to be Recognized as National Celebration in Ontario
Date Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 07:08

An act of validation of Nowruz as a national celebration has been presented to Ontario Parliament by a Canadian parliament member.

Tehran, 28 February 2006 (CHN) -- An act of formalizing Nowruz (Persian New Year) as a national celebration has been presented to Ontario Parliament by Mario Racco, member of provincial parliament of Thornhill in Ontario Parliament on 23 February 2006.

Based on this proposal, 21st of March will be announced as Nowruz Day in the state of Ontario.

According to Iranian Enthusiasts Association, in addition to presenting of this act, Mario Racco mentioned the positive role of Iranian-Canadian Association in this state and their efforts for promoting Canadian society.

In addition to emphasizing the importance of Nowruz, Rosario Marchese, a member of Trinty-Spadina provincial district in Ontario Parliament asked for the special attention of Canadian government to the situation of Iranian immigrants in Canada especially in the field of job creating. She also referred to some points of a report by Mehdi Kouhestani, an Iranian scholar, about the job problems of Iranians in Canada such as their lower wages compared to their Canadian counterparts and working in jobs which do not suite their level of education and specialty.

Frank Klees, member of Oak Ridges in Ontario Parliament also remarked the importance of Nowruz and appreciated the Iranian-Canadian Association in development of the society and their important role in construction, electronics, computer, and communication sciences.

Last year, it was the British Colombia provincial parliament which for the first time validated Nowruz, the ancient celebration of Iranian New Year.

More than 53 percent of Iranian population in Canada lives in Ontario State which has 5 million population and they form one of the most successful immigrant minority communities in Canadian society.

http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6215 - http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6215 

Replies:
Posted By: Cent
Date Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 08:21

"An act of formalizing Nowruz (Persian New Year)"

Since when is Nowruz only a Persian New Year? It is an IRANIAN new year...

Good job Ontario!

-------------
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: Cyrus Shahmiri
Date Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 13:04
Nowruz is a Persian word but it is not just a Persian festival and not even just an Iranian festival.

-------------

Posted By: Iranian41ife
Date Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 17:09

it is an iranian festival, but its now been picked up by others.

kind of like valentines day.

-------------
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 17:54

Now has an IE root

and Ruz is Rozh in Kurdish, so has a common Iranic root.

So the root is not Persian in particular, it is a celebrated by all iranian people and those that they have influenced.

-------------

Posted By: Alborz
Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 02:26

Cent, some of PKK sources which I look sometimes, refer to nowruz as JUST "Kurdish new year". they never mention the word or never associate it with Iran (not suprisingly). but its good that you don't follow their ways. right???

also, Uzbekistan and KHazakestan celebrate it to  right???

-------------
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:32

Presidential Message: Nowruz

March 2005

I send greetings to those celebrating Nowruz.

Nowruz marks the arrival of a new year and the celebration of life. It has long been an opportunity to spend time with family and friends and enjoy the beauty of nature.

Many Americans who trace their heritage to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Central Asia observe this special occasion to preserve their rich heritage and ensure that their values and traditions are passed on to future generations. This festival also reminds all Americans of the diversity that has made our Nation stronger and better.

Laura and I send our best wishes for peace and prosperity in the New Year.

GEORGE W. BUSH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/03/20050316-8.html - http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/03/20050316-8.h tml

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:58
what is wrong with kurds. we are iranic just like them... we are all one people. just because other kurds are in iraq and turkey, and syria, the PKK should not attack iranian culture or history, because it is also theirs in a way, because either way, kurds are iranic and iran is the land for all iranic peoples.

-------------
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 12:21
@Cent: doroste vali az shoma ke dige baiad bedonin

Right, it's Iranian & celebreated by all Iranian group, but whole world know us as Persian & Persian empire,
& Iran is terrorist guy.

I remember, I read in blog about Iranian in Austurallia when he was student in a elementary school,
Teacher asked him: Where are you form??
-Iran
-Iran?? neighbour of Vietnam??
-No, Persia
-oh yes, persian empire!!!!

@Alborz: What is wrong with you??
Lotfafan base, ekhtelafaro farmosh konin, Mersi

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:02

"what is wrong with kurds. we are iranic just like them... we are all one people. just because other kurds are in iraq and turkey, and syria, the PKK should not attack iranian culture or history, because it is also theirs in a way, because either way, kurds are iranic and iran is the land for all iranic peoples."

When is PKK attacking Iranian culture and history?

-------------
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:02
Land of Aryan: I know.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:49
cent, you kurds are our brothers. for example, i dont understand the kurdish mentality. like look at your signature. what do you mean kurds dont have friends? as long as there is an iran kurds will have a home. its not only you people that are being mistreated, all iranians are being mistreated! we need a democratic government, instead of fighting iran, fight for democracy in iran, be part of the solution, not the problem.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 16:19

"cent, you kurds are our brothers. for example, i dont understand the kurdish mentality. like look at your signature. what do you mean kurds dont have friends? as long as there is an iran kurds will have a home. its not only you people that are being mistreated, all iranians are being mistreated! we need a democratic government, instead of fighting iran, fight for democracy in iran, be part of the solution, not the problem."

It's a Kurdish proverb. Do you think I only talk about Kurds in Iran? What about 25 million other Kurds? Kurds have been tools for everyone, every nation the last 100 years, and the proverb says that. The mountains has been our home, when we fight for freedom. The proverb also indicates that noone can be trusted, not even other Kurdish parties can trust eachother.

I understand that you can't understand our mentality. You have a state. Not we. And not say that Iran is Kurds home, when only 20% of the Kurds live there.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 17:04
Originally posted by Cent

"cent, you kurds are our brothers. for example, i dont understand the kurdish mentality. like look at your signature. what do you mean kurds dont have friends? as long as there is an iran kurds will have a home. its not only you people that are being mistreated, all iranians are being mistreated! we need a democratic government, instead of fighting iran, fight for democracy in iran, be part of the solution, not the problem."

It's a Kurdish proverb. Do you think I only talk about Kurds in Iran? What about 25 million other Kurds? Kurds have been tools for everyone, every nation the last 100 years, and the proverb says that. The mountains has been our home, when we fight for freedom. The proverb also indicates that noone can be trusted, not even other Kurdish parties can trust eachother.

I understand that you can't understand our mentality. You have a state. Not we. And not say that Iran is Kurds home, when only 20% of the Kurds live there.

iran, as well as tajikistan as well as aghanistan are all homes for all iranic peoples.

iran doesnt mean "land of the persians" iran means "land of aryans".

iran is the home of persians, medes, kurds, talyshi's, tajiks, etc...

its not just my home, its my kurdish brother's homes too. its your home too.

and kurds were one of the first iranic peoples. did you read the thread about kurdish history???  kurds infact helped establish the median and persian empires! we are all one people, we are brothers.

and when has iran ever used the kurds as a tool?

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 21:25

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

@Alborz: What is wrong with you??
Lotfafan base, ekhtelafaro farmosh konin, Mersi

what?? what did I do?

ye shukhi ham nemisheh kard inja? taze chizi badi nagoftam ke

-------------
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 05:07

"and when has iran ever used the kurds as a tool?"

For instance when Iran helped PUK and PDK against Saddam. And Saddam helped KPDI and Komela against Iran.  

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 06:09
why don't you guys put a sock in it and argue over Pm? I am sick of opening every thread and everyone is arguing over off topic nationalist issues.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 10:32
ok, so has anyone started their new year cleaning yet???? we have.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 11:10
Yes, My mother started, since last week

-------------

Posted By: Gharanai
Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 14:39

Dear Land of Aryan,
You have started a lovely and interesting topic, but I really don't know why every time people take it to some other ways and start their own arguments, anyway we the Afghans too celebrate it and count it as a blessing day and a new day to step in.
So happy Naw-Roz to all members in Advance and wish this new year brings lots of joy, happiness and peace to all.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 14:59
happy nouroz to you also!  do you guys do spring cleaning also?

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 15:39

Dear Land of Aryan,
You have started a lovely and interesting topic, but I really don't know why every time people take it to some other ways and start their own arguments, anyway we the Afghans too celebrate it and count it as a blessing day and a new day to step in.
So happy Naw-Roz to all members in Advance and wish this new year brings lots of joy, happiness and peace to all.

Tnx
it's very soon to say but Happy HAPPY HaPpY Norooz to you & Family

& yes, disappointedly most articles in AE go anywhere except main way.

Itamble();

-------------

Posted By: cyrus
Date Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 19:06
I first should say Happy Norooz to everybody and I wish you a good new year.

I have a friend from Kazakhstan and they also celebrate it in there. It was something new for me to hear when She said oh, we also have norooz

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 01:13
JavaScript:AddSmileyIcon('')

Read the following article fo the real history of the Noorz.

http://christiansofiraq.com/Newruz.html

Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 03:48
gilgamesh, your source and theory stinks. You think that's the reason why Kurds celebrate nouroz? To show people that Assyrians are bad?

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 04:28

Actually that just gives some historical perspective to the Shahnameh, Zahak was Assyrian, NOT Arab - excellent. Kaveh's victory over Zahak can now be viewed as the destruction of Assyria by the Medeans who were slaves to it. 

But that assertion regarding Norooz is nonsense, it is the Iranian Lunar new year and is celebrated among Iranian peoples from Kurdistan to Western China and does not have any origins in Assyria.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 05:27

Noruz has its roots to the ancient religion of Zoroastrianism.

But ofcourse it could have borrowed some of the elements from mesopotamians. But it is an Iranian origined festival. Borrowing elements from other cultures doesnt make it to be from other origins. If noruz is assyrian in root, how come they never celebrate it?

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 09:17
LOL
B4 Every Thing was Arabic or Turkish, but now we have Absolutely new option: Every thing roots goes back to eliminated empire in +2600 years ago

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 09:19
NoRooz is older than Zaroastrianism.

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 00:24

JavaScript:AddSmileyIcon('')
I expected that Persians and the Kurds will not like the article even if it is
true. The reality is that there is no historical evidence that the Persians or
Kurds celebrated the Norooz before the conquest of Babylon but there
are well documented historical evidences to prove that the spring festival
was celebrated in Mesopotamia by the Sumerians, Assyrians and the
Babylonians from 3000 years B.C..

There is no relgious foundation for the Persian celebration of Nooroz in
the zoroastrian religion but the Mesopotamian celebration of the spring
equanix was a relgious event based on the Creation story of the
Mesopotamian religion. Accordingly it was on that day that Marduk
defeated Tiamat and created the world, the heaven and all the creatures.
During the Akitu festival the entire story of creation was played out and
on the last day the destiny of mankind was decided by the Gods.

Here is the link to a an article written by an impartial American writer
about the history of the Akitu festival.

http://www.livius.org/aj-al/akitu/akitu.htm

Date Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 04:56

LOL
B4 Every Thing was Arabic or Turkish, but now we have Absolutely new option: Every thing roots goes back to eliminated empire in +2600 years ago

Dont forget space aliens

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 13:51

I entered a supermarket yesterday. Coop, in swedish, and they are celebrating different cultures. Guess what I saw with BIG texts? All over the place:

"This year we celebrate NOVROUZ, the PERSIAN new year"

Funny eh? It's funny how everyone thinks its a persian new year...

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: Aydin
Date Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 14:08

there are persians outside of iran.

wikipedia

Ethnic Persians can also be found outside of Iran and include the Tajiks and Parsiwan (also known as the Farsiwan) who can be found in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, and Xinjiang, China

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 23:33

"This year we celebrate NOVROUZ, the PERSIAN new year"

Funny eh? It's funny how everyone thinks its a persian new year...

cent, I think you misunderstand the term "Persian". when I came to the west for the first time, I had no clue about the word Persian. The west always had called Iran "Persia". and Persian was used to designate Iranians. its not an ethnic term for us. if you look in a farsi dictionary, it translates Persian to "Irani" and also on the side "Farsi" for the language definition. For us Iranians, it is always "Irani". noruz is irani, not farsi.

I will give you an example:

you see it says Persian football. read the Persian scripts there, it says "futbal-e irani"

you should apperciate that they even have that sign there. besides, the word persian seems alot more exotic than 'Iranian' to them. You could be proud of your history. after all Persia was a magnificent empire. Persian (Iranian as we call it) empires of pre-islam is our heritage. The word Persian in Europe doesnt leave out the Kurds, I assure you, not unless if you want it to.

-------------

Date Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 02:17
Alborz, your right. But when Kurds say Persian in Swedish, we mean the Persians. Not all Iranians, that's why I reacted.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: Suren
Date Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 04:36

An act of validation of Nowruz as a national celebration has been presented to Ontario Parliament by a Canadian parliament member.

Tehran, 28 February 2006 (CHN) -- An act of formalizing Nowruz (Persian New Year) as a national celebration has been presented to Ontario Parliament by Mario Racco, member of provincial parliament of Thornhill in Ontario Parliament on 23 February 2006.

Based on this proposal, 21st of March will be announced as Nowruz Day in the state of Ontario.

According to Iranian Enthusiasts Association, in addition to presenting of this act, Mario Racco mentioned the positive role of Iranian-Canadian Association in this state and their efforts for promoting Canadian society.

In addition to emphasizing the importance of Nowruz, Rosario Marchese, a member of Trinty-Spadina provincial district in Ontario Parliament asked for the special attention of Canadian government to the situation of Iranian immigrants in Canada especially in the field of job creating. She also referred to some points of a report by Mehdi Kouhestani, an Iranian scholar, about the job problems of Iranians in Canada such as their lower wages compared to their Canadian counterparts and working in jobs which do not suite their level of education and specialty.

Frank Klees, member of Oak Ridges in Ontario Parliament also remarked the importance of Nowruz and appreciated the Iranian-Canadian Association in development of the society and their important role in construction, electronics, computer, and communication sciences.

Last year, it was the British Colombia provincial parliament which for the first time validated Nowruz, the ancient celebration of Iranian New Year.

More than 53 percent of Iranian population in Canada lives in Ontario State which has 5 million population and they form one of the most successful immigrant minority communities in Canadian society.

http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6215 - http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6215 

Iteresting Article.

Date Posted: 10-Mar-2006 at 12:24
Originally posted by Zagros

Now has an IE root

and Ruz is Rozh in Kurdish, so has a common Iranic root.

So the root is not Persian in particular, it is a celebrated by all iranian people and those that they have influenced.

yes that's it. It is a tradtion among, Kurds, Zazas, Azeris, Persians, Gilakis, Mazandaranis, Lors, etc... and Turkmens, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Hazara's and to an extent also among Kyrgyz, Kazakh and some Caucasian peoples.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 20:36

Alborz, your right. But when Kurds say Persian in Swedish, we mean the Persians. Not all Iranians, that's why I reacted.

cent, when saying persian ....smt in the west, it barely means that it is talking about the actual Persian ethnicity.

like:

Persian Cat: Gorbeye Irani

Persian Carpet: Farsh-e Irani

...etc.

Unless you are talking specifically about Persian ethnicity or language, you will see "Fars/Pars" in there.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 20:39

persia is just the wests word for iran, and persian is their word for people from iran.

just like germany is their word for dutschland.

we know that iran is iran, but to them its persia.

-------------

Posted By: PrznKonectoid
Date Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 22:19

Dude we say Iran is your home because kurds ARE IRANIAN! Just like Mazanderani, Gilaki, Azeri and all the other groups. This is why we are so WEAK.

Turkish propoganidists get Azeris to think that they're Turks and break away. Others get Kurds to think that they're Muslims, Iraqis, or just their own thing. People get Persians to think that they're all Shias and shouldn't respect their Kurdish brothers. Others have Afghans believing they are their own thing. All of a sudden you have so many factions and so many groups.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO STAND UNITED AND PRESERVE OUR HERITAGE!!!!

-------------
Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com - http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 01:22

"Others get Kurds to think that they're Muslims, Iraqis, or just their own thing."

What? Ask a Kurd in Iraq if he's a Kurd or an Iraqi, he would say Kurd.

We are are own thing.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: PrznKonectoid
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 16:03

us Farsi speaking (Persians) are our own thing too. But in the grander scheme we are all IRANIANS.

Just like a Saudi is a Saudi and a Yemeni is a Yemeni, but in reality they're all Arabs.

We cant afford to break Iran up any more than it already is.

-------------
Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com - http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 16:18

We? You mean you? As I've said before., the only way is federalism.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:16
Under the Azure Dome: Iranians’ Nowruz Festival in Canada

“Under the Azure Dome” cultural artistic festival will be celebrated by Iranians in Canada from 17 to 19 of March 2006.

Tehran, 16 March 2006 (CHN) -- “Under the Azure Dome” is a three-day cultural festival which will be held at the Harbourfront Center in Toronto, Canada starting from March 17, 2006 and ends two days later on the eve of Nowruz (Persian New Year). During this event, the vitality of Persian art and culture, the arrival of spring and the start of the Persian New Year will be celebrated.

This festival is the first Iranian-Canadian event of its kind and the most comprehensive presentation of Persian artistic genres ever in Canada.

The main programs of the festival include a symphony orchestra playing pieces of Persian music by Iranian composers called “Sense of Spring”. This event features prominent members of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra led by conductor Mehdi Javanfar and is an extraordinary opportunity for Classical music and Persian music lovers to sample symphonic music by three eminent Iranian composers and a renowned Azeri composer.

More highlights include exclusive screenwriting workshops with internationally acclaimed Iranian film director Kambozia Patovi and a theatre workshop with writer, director and dramaturge Soheil Parsa. A wide variety of Iranian dances including folk, traditional and contemporary will be performed by Sashar Zarif Dance Theatre.

The festival also features vendor booths, Persian cuisine, New Year specialty sweets, and pastries. Series of workshops, lectures and presentations are also planned to reflect upon the old memories of Nowruz and to familiarize non-Iranians with different aspects of this rich and ancient cultural heritage. These workshops cover a wide variety of topics such as carpet weaving, culinary art, and singing. A particular workshop is arranged to educate children about http://www.swix.ch/peyk/nowrouz/haftseen.htm - Haft Sin and get them involved in coloring eggshells to put them on the Haft Seen table.

The title of this festival, “Under the Azure Dome”, is a phrase used by Persian adults when they begin telling fairy tales to children. They usually start by saying: “Once upon a time, under the azure dome…” and then they proceed to tell the story. So the phrase actually has a cultural meaning associated with it. It is a reminder of Iranian people’s childhood and for Iranians residing abroad, it brings to live their memories of the homeland.

Canada has one of the largest and well developed communities of Iranian immigrants in the world, with an estimated 85,000 living in the country according to recent statistics. Preserving the signs and symbols of Iran has long been crucial for Iranian immigrants in Canada. Although always willing to mix with their host community, they retain a strong sense of identity through their own cultural traditions.

Canada is the first country which has ratified the convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions which was approved by UNESCO General Conference on 20 October 2005.
http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6250 - http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?section=2&id=6250 

-------------

Posted By: ramin
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:32
Cent. You don't live in Iran and you don't consider yourself Iranian, then I guess you shouldn't interfere with something you're not a part of... Honestly.

-------------
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"

Posted By: Miller
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:11

We? You mean you? As I've said before., the only way is federalism.

If I am not wrong Iran is probably the first country to constitute some form of Federalism under Ahamenid Satrapy giving some autonomy to regions. Satrap was inline with what is today called governor.

Also, today Iran is Federal to some degree by law if not but practice. Each province has a local government and a governor including Kurdistan

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:36
actually one of the factors for the parliament is the population of the provinces, as well as religion minorities. So technically Kurdistan being one of the high-populated provinces and also being one of the religious minority communities (Sunni Muslim) is supposed to have more than one parliament member.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 03:56

"Cent. You don't live in Iran and you don't consider yourself Iranian, then I guess you shouldn't interfere with something you're not a part of... Honestly."

Still Kurdistan lies in Iran, then it is my right to interfere. If it wasn't a part i wouldn't interfere. How ever, even if not, who are you to say I can't?

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 17:41

god damn it cent. why do you have to turn every thread to your kurdish kurdistan pride sh*t thing all the time?

and PrznKonectoid, please stop with the aggressivness. the conversation became rather peacefull but you ruined it along with our friend cent; who cant shutup for a moment with his kurdistan bullsh*t propaganda.

enough already.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 20:12

How ever, even if not, who are you to say I can't?

Who are you to say you can?

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 04:25

You guys are attacking me, so I defend. What's the problem?

Lets stop it now.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: saiwan
Date Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 17:31

Hi ppls!

Nowroz means new day. now = new , roz = day.

In persian new is taze, jadid. So if it was persian it would be called rozejadid, or roze taze.

In turkey, syria and irak, newroz is celebrated. They are by no means iranians. Just wanted to tell u this.

Have a nice day all.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 17:40

Wow, what a fountain of knowledge you are!  *Irony* It is better to keep your mouth shut on matters you have very limited knowledge of, in this case, Persian etymology.

Before Islam, all of Iraq was under Iranian dominion for 1000 years and Turkey for 500 years. Not only that but the Osmanli of Turkey and the Seljuqs before them were great proponents of Iranian culture, INCLUDING language, the language of the royal courts was Persian and all nobles spoke it.   

People, don't feed the troll.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 05:22
Originally posted by saiwan

Nowroz means new day. now = new , roz = day.

In persian new is taze, jadid. So if it was persian it would be called rozejadid, or roze taze.

In turkey, syria and irak, newroz is celebrated. They are by no means iranians. Just wanted to tell u this.

We should make this as joke of the year!!!

Next time saiwan you post, warn us ahead of time so I can get my popcorn and chips.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 05:27
Originally posted by Zagros

Before Islam, all of Iraq was under Iranian dominion for 1000 years

even after Islam Iraq was part of Iran for sometimes.

doesnt Iraq mean "lower Iran"? if it does, it is ironic that bathi saddam chose to keep the name.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:31
No I think Iraq means lowland or flat land, the Arabs called the Iranian plateau, Iraq al Ajam.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 17:48

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
March 20, 2006

Presidential Message: Nowruz

I send greetings to those celebrating Nowruz.

Nowruz is an ancient celebration marking the arrival of the New Year. For millions of people around the world who trace their heritage to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, India, and Central Asia, Nowruz is a celebration of life and an opportunity to express joy and happiness through visiting family and friends, exchanging gifts, and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Our Nation is blessed by the traditions and contributions of Americans of many different backgrounds. Our diversity has made us stronger and better, and Laura and I send warm regards to all Americans celebrating Nowruz.

Best wishes for peace and prosperity in the New Year.

GEORGE W. BUSH

This line "Best wishes for peace and prosperity in the New Year." 

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 22:06

Can someone be kind enough and tell me what the font is in my signature '1385'

Thank you

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com