Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nostradamus Prophecies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: ----?----
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [63.33%]
11 [36.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nostradamus Prophecies
    Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 06:27
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Voyager

... the future because it hasn't yet happened.

Are you sure?

I have this lousy habit of only speaking of what I'm sure.
Are you one of those persons that believes that life is already pre-determined by an "omnipotent force" such as God or Nature? Because if you do, I think that a history forum is not the right place for you.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 11:05

Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub,
Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.

Calif?

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 14:09

"The centuries" are a sequance of quatrains (poems of 4 verses) are organized in 10 centuries, mostly of 100 quatrains each but some with less. Then there are other related or unrelated prophecies.

So why are they all called "predictions", when most of what he wrote already happened?
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 16:34

I- 87 Earthshaking fire from the center of the earth
will cause tremors around the New City.
Two great rocks will war for a long time,
then Arethusa will redden a new river.

two great rocks will war together( tectonic plates)?

Arethusa  ( goddess of the stream of lava )

Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub,
Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur

hollow mountians( 16century view Of skyscrapers? )

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:05
III- 91

In the city of the new-born bears,
the gates will open for those,
who fly high on currents of the north wind
and drink water from gilden cups.

Germany will win the WC in 2006.
Although you don't need Nostradamus to work that out.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:29
I.70

Rain, famine and war will not cease in Persia;
too great a faith will betray the monarch.
Those (actions) started in France will end there,
a secret sign for on to be sparing.

intend to Khomieni & After islamic rev.??
if yes, 1st line is 100% true
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 00:12

III97
New law to occupy the new land
Towards Syria, Judea and Palestine:
The great barbarian empire to decay,
Before the Moon completes it cycle.

Two royal brothers will wage war so fiercely
That between them the war will be so mortal
That both will occupy the strong places:
Their great quarrel will fill realm and life.

Now this sounds like the sons of Abraham, a quarrel that still going on today.

I  don`t  really  believe in any prophecies,  however I like to try and figure them out.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 02:12
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

I.70

Rain, famine and war will not cease in Persia;
too great a faith will betray the monarch.
Those (actions) started in France will end there,
a secret sign for on to be sparing.

intend to Khomieni & After islamic rev.??
if yes, 1st line is 100% true

I do agree that this century talks of the Islamic revolution.

How do you read the last verse?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 02:15
Originally posted by docyabut

III97
New law to occupy the new land
Towards Syria, Judea and Palestine:
The great barbarian empire to decay,
Before the Moon completes it cycle.

Two royal brothers will wage war so fiercely
That between them the war will be so mortal
That both will occupy the strong places:
Their great quarrel will fill realm and life.

Now this sounds like the sons of Abraham, a quarrel that still going on today.

I  don`t  really  believe in any prophecies,  however I like to try and figure them out.

I do read the first quatrain as the fall of Ottoman Empire and the rise of Israel.

But the second does't mean to me what you see. Most quatrains seem isolated from each other, what makes their study frustrating... I imagine there's a numeric code to put the verses together in a coherent narration but I fail to find it.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 02:19

... the future because it hasn't yet happened.

Are you sure?

I have this lousy habit of only speaking of what I'm sure.
Are you one of those persons that believes that life is already pre-determined by an "omnipotent force" such as God or Nature? Because if you do, I think that a history forum is not the right place for you.

You are too sure of what you think you are sure. I don't believe in predestination but in the inexistence of time.

Time can only be mathematized as an imaginary number (square root of -1), what do you make out of that? What do you make out of the 10 dimensions that seem necesary to explain the Universe?

I say that we live in a videogame but that there is more outside it.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 04:34

Could it be that Maju believes in higher instances? 

Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 04:49
I've read several interpretations of Nostradamus, and they all seem to describe variations on the same theme.  The scenario goes something like this: sometime around the beginning of the 21st century, a force ("Mabus"--the Antichrist) will arise somewhere in Asia.  This force will come to dominate Asia, then it will commence a campaign of world conquest by joining forces with allies in the Islamic world.  The Eastern/Islamic forces would then invade Europe and launch attacks on their arch-enemies described by Nostradamus as "two brothers of the North."  These brothers are usually identified as America and its European allies, but sometimes Russia is described as partnered with America.  Eventually, however, some great hero (called "Prince Henry" by Nostradamus) will arise and lead the Western world to ultimate victory over Mabus.  Before that happens though, a great conflagration would ensue in a WWIII scenario in which weapons of mass destruction are used.
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 07:15

You are too sure of what you think you are sure. I don't believe in predestination but in the inexistence of time.

Time can only be mathematized as an imaginary number (square root of -1), what do you make out of that? What do you make out of the 10 dimensions that seem necesary to explain the Universe?

Your mental contortions will never cease to surprise me. Youve been talking about predestination and now you turn to inexistence of time. Well, for your information, history is about time. And a human time, not a time already made by gods or whatever and to which some enlightened humans have privileged access. If you dont believe in human time, then feel free to leave this forum.

Originally posted by docyabut

Oxymoron.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 08:37
I never said that there is predestination. That term implies that the future WAS designed in the past. I don't think that's possible. The past and the future ARE created simultaneously both in this space-time and (probably) in the WHOLE.

As above, as below. As below, as above. 

If you dont believe in human time, then feel free to leave this forum.

I feel free to do it, naturally.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 08:47
Originally posted by Scytho-Sarmatian

I've read several interpretations of Nostradamus, and they all seem to describe variations on the same theme.  The scenario goes something like this: sometime around the beginning of the 21st century, a force ("Mabus"--the Antichrist) will arise somewhere in Asia.

There's an obsession with Mabus but this character is only mentioned once in all the Centuries.

This force will come to dominate Asia, then it will commence a campaign of world conquest by joining forces with allies in the Islamic world.  The Eastern/Islamic forces would then invade Europe and launch attacks on their arch-enemies described by Nostradamus as "two brothers of the North."  These brothers are usually identified as America and its European allies, but sometimes Russia is described as partnered with America.  Eventually, however, some great hero (called "Prince Henry" by Nostradamus) will arise and lead the Western world to ultimate victory over Mabus.  Before that happens though, a great conflagration would ensue in a WWIII scenario in which weapons of mass destruction are used.

I am unable to conclude all that. To me the centuries seem to predict some events quite accurately (particularly those that are dated, but also others like the above mentioned of the Iranian revolution, Napoleon, Hitler and others). Yet the next quatrain seems to be talking about something totally unconnected in most cases.

I find impossible (so far) to reconstruct a foresighted history without what would seem to be a code to order the quatrains in a meaningful whole.

I don't see any WWIII as such but there's a mention to the "Crusaders arrayed in Mesopotamia" and then a mention to Persia or Carmania getting all the Near East for some time and bloody fight in Italy particularly.

But it can well be delusion...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 08:22

As above, as below. As below, as above. .

!!?? Maju knows about Hermes Trismegistos...and quotes it??Doesn't sound like any commie I know! Well done Maju!! That's the kind of communism we need!

Btw, it's true - there is no past and future in the way most of us imagine them...

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 21:50
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

"The centuries" are a sequance of quatrains (poems of 4 verses) are organized in 10 centuries, mostly of 100 quatrains each but some with less. Then there are other related or unrelated prophecies.

So why are they all called "predictions", when most of what he wrote already happened?

Ehm... supposedly not. Supposedly the book contains information on what happened or will happen but always after N. wrote it (not before).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:33

The only code in the bible that was asked  to figure it out. 666

A mark put on his people not to buy or sell without the mark.

Saddam Hussein (Mabus mirrored is "Sudam")

S/RES/687 (1991)
8 April 1991

RESOLUTION 687 (1991)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting, on 3 April 1991

The Security Council,

Recalling its resolutions 660 (1990) of 2 August 1990, 661 (1990) of 6 August 1990, 662 (1990) of 9 August 1990, 664 (1990) of 18 August 1990, 665 (1990) of 25 August 1990, 666 (1990) of 13 September 1990, 667 (1990) of 16 September 1990, 669 (1990) of 24 September 1990, 670 (1990) of 25 September 1990, 674 (1990) of 29 October 1990, 677 (1990) of 28 November 1990, 678 (1990) of 29 November 1990 and 686 (1991) of 2 March 1991,

http://www.iraqwatch.org/un/unscresolutions/s-res-687.htm

docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:38
how many sixes do you want
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:49

doea anyone has a pic of how these 666 are supposed to look like as a signe of the antichrist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>