Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The United China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Will China reunify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [60.00%]
8 [40.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The United China
    Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 19:00
Originally posted by Sino Defender

just a side note, if there hadn't been a similar thread called "the united korea", i am sure this thread of "the united china" would have been moved from the east asia part of the forum by our beloved moderator of this section.

Hey Sinodefender, I didn't move this thread or any of the other threads to seem to have been recently moved.  I don't know who moved them, but I'm sure they were moved for good reason.  I usually don't move threads like this, unless they are explicitly current event, because the East Asia Forum has a long tradition of holding threads like this and having some good discussions. 
snowybeagle View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote snowybeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 20:21

i said taiwan was under the rule of china. i didn't say it was the roc! the ming general, zheng, formed a chinese kingdom of dengling to resist the manchu until his grandson surrendered in the late 17th century. why dun we place a beg on this. 1000000000000 usd. if you would please copy me the text where i said taiwan was under roc control, then i will give you 100000000 usd.

Don't make bets which you cannot afford to lose.

Look at what you posted here (Posted: Yesterday at 2:38pm | IP Logged , Edited by Sino Defender on Yesterday at 2:49pm)

taiwan has always been part of china under the repubic of china's government that once ruled all china.

Granted, you mispelt republic as repubic, but ROC means Republic of China.

Why not just admit your mistake?

Sino Defender View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 21:26

Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

just a side note, if there hadn't been a similar thread called "the united korea", i am sure this thread of "the united china" would have been moved from the east asia part of the forum by our beloved moderator of this section.

Hey Sinodefender, I didn't move this thread or any of the other threads to seem to have been recently moved.  I don't know who moved them, but I'm sure they were moved for good reason.  I usually don't move threads like this, unless they are explicitly current event, because the East Asia Forum has a long tradition of holding threads like this and having some good discussions. 

i mean this thread, in my opinion, would definitely have been moved to the current events section if there hadn't been a similar thread called the united korea. i have no problems with other thread being moved.

"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 21:28
Originally posted by snowybeagle

i said taiwan was under the rule of china. i didn't say it was the roc! the ming general, zheng, formed a chinese kingdom of dengling to resist the manchu until his grandson surrendered in the late 17th century. why dun we place a beg on this. 1000000000000 usd. if you would please copy me the text where i said taiwan was under roc control, then i will give you 100000000 usd.

Look at what you posted here (Posted: Yesterday at 2:38pm | IP Logged , Edited by Sino Defender on Yesterday at 2:49pm)

taiwan has always been part of china under the repubic of china's government that once ruled all china.

would u tell me what my mistake is before you keep telling me to admit it? if it's the spelling, i'll give that to you. i mean u do have better things to do than that right?

"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 21:30
ok, great. now this has been moved along with the united korea thread after i pointed it out. it's fair now, and i hope u can continue with the fairness, but perhaps, u might wanna move the threads sooner next time like u did with other thread.
Baron
Baron

Quote snowybeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 21:45

would u tell me what my mistake is before you keep telling me to admit it? if it's the spelling, i'll give that to you. i mean u do have better things to do than that right?

Your mistake : "taiwan has always been part of china under the repubic of china's government that once ruled all china".

That is historically inaccurate.

You compounded it again by saying : "i said taiwan was under the rule of china. i didn't say it was the roc!" in direct contradiction to your earlier statement.

Don't make bets you can't afford to lose.

Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 23:19

Your mistake : "taiwan has always been part of china under the repubic of china's government that once ruled all china".

That is historically inaccurate.

You compounded it again by saying : "i said taiwan was under the rule of china. i didn't say it was the roc!" in direct contradiction to your earlier statement.

Don't make bets you can't afford to lose.

i am not wrong. it might be ur ability with the english language creating the problem here.

i am right about taiwan has always been under roc that once ruled all china, meaning taiwan is already part of china, known as the republic of china. it has always been since 1945. please note the tense i used. if i had meant taiwan had always been under the rule of roc before 1945, i would have said "it had been, not it has been". it was under the rule of china, the ching dynasty, but not roc. however, it has been under the rule of roc.

i am right.

i dun make bets that i can't afford.

now u admit ur mistake.

i've never liked the use of singlish.

i know i am not a native speaker of english, but at least, i won't go around wrongfully accusing people of making mistakes in their speech while the problems actually lie on the intrepreting skills of the reader.

throughout the years, hong kong's gdp per capita and as a whole has always been higher than singapore's. it's even more so now with the strong economic recovery. it is not without reasons after all.

Edited by Sino Defender
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 23:33
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 00:22

throughout the years, hong kong's gdp per capita and as a whole has always been higher than singapore's. it's even more so now with the strong economic recovery. it is not without reasons after all.

Sino Defender, that attack on Snowy's nationality was uncalled for.  A comparision of HK and Singapore's GDP and English levels has little to do with the debate that you and Snowy are having at the moment.

Cheers

-GJ
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 00:46
Sino Defender, you're like a storm - you should just relax a bit and cool down, to something like a cool storm.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
King Kang of Lemuria View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote King Kang of Lemuria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 00:50

I love Sun yat sen, love Koumintang under him but can't say same for Chiang Kei Shek.

I can agree with giving back Taiwan to the 'natives', but other than that what could be Taiwan's reason for independence?  It can't be for 'Democracy' and 'Free Market Economy', can it?  I know Taiwan has made great progress in democracy and their extreme situation,like Israel, holds them back from achieving 'Free Society'.  But having said that still Taiwan is barely crawling out of 5 decades of marshal law.  It can't be for D.  

What about 'Free Market Economy'?   I mean PRC is opening up and getting developed in the Global economic structure faster than any other nation.  Yes still the government owns and operates so much and they make most of big trade desicions, but so does many of these 'Capitalists' nations.  From let say 5-10 years from now, will Taiwanese 'market' be that much more 'free' than the mother land's?

I admire Taiwanese for standing strong against bigger enemy, but I'm also glad that entire China wasn't under Chiang Kei Shek inthe better part of 20th century.  I think he would have sold entire country piece by piece in the name of reformation and modernization. 

Just what would Sun Yat sen think of Taiwan independence and his Koumintang if he was alive today?

The history is his story, not my story. -Sun Ra of the Arkestra
Dream208 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Dream208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:25

To King Kang of Lemuria:
While I can't say what you wrote is inacurate, I must tell you that not everyone in Taiwan is pro-independence. And there are many activities and slogans among the pro-independist camp that were exteremely xenophobia and racist.

The pro-unification camp began graduately to side with the mainland in order to against such pro-independist movement. Ironically, the pro-unification camp was originally extremely pro-ROC and anti-prc, now they were force to become pro-China and anti-Taiwan independece.

To Imperator Invictus:

well said  

Edited by Dream208
Baron
Baron

Quote snowybeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:26

i am not wrong. it might be ur ability with the english language creating the problem here.

Your explanation of the correct understanding of your post in English defy the proper grammar and rules of the English language.

As this is not a forum for correcting English language, there is no point in correcting you further.

I trust the others who read English will know the difference.

As for the rest of the tirade posted, they constitute irrelevant personal attacks on my being from Singapore, as there is no relevance in this thread for Singlish nor comparison of GDP of HK & Singapore.

You do not have the money you are betting, it is just empty boasts.

Don't make bets you cannot afford to lose, Sino Defender.

Qin Dynasty View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Qin Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:43

"China" is a more general term. It was the time when Chinese encountered the West imperalistic countries  finding that they were not in the middle of the world that was much more larger than they original thought that the word China was used to distinguish  the Great Within from the outside world. Similar to the word Arab, saying that Xinjiang or Tibet or whatever is not part of China is incorrect.

Russian's far east was once Qing' territory, so was Mongol. And even now Mongol is not recognized by the ROC government. So the ROC does have right to claim the Mongol territory, but PRC hasnt. Though the far east was occupied and Mongol was conspirated to independence by the Czar Russia, the PRC rectified them, thus losing the legal basis to reclaim.

Singapore is an independent country and never part of China. It is not in the scope of reunification.

The only possible way i can expect for Singapore and Mogol being united with PRC or ROC is a federation  under the name of Greater China.

Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:47
Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Sino Defender, that attack on Snowy's nationality was uncalled for.  A comparision of HK and Singapore's GDP and English levels has little to do with the debate that you and Snowy are having at the moment.

Cheers

-GJ

a comparison between different economies is in no way an attack of any sorts. it is an economics problem studied in various colleges and schools. i didn't attack his english level, but i tried to suggest a possible reason for the forming of an accusation that i believed to be wrongful. u can go back and check my language. i hope you can understand that i was the one who was accused of making a mistake in the first place. for that, i had to defend myself by explaning the content i posted was in no way as wrong as illustrated. 

Edited by Sino Defender
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:49
Originally posted by King Kang of Lemuria

I love Sun yat sen, love Koumintang under him but can't say same for Chiang Kei Shek.

I can agree with giving back Taiwan to the 'natives', but other than that what could be Taiwan's reason for independence?  It can't be for 'Democracy' and 'Free Market Economy', can it?  I know Taiwan has made great progress in democracy and their extreme situation,like Israel, holds them back from achieving 'Free Society'.  But having said that still Taiwan is barely crawling out of 5 decades of marshal law.  It can't be for D.  

What about 'Free Market Economy'?   I mean PRC is opening up and getting developed in the Global economic structure faster than any other nation.  Yes still the government owns and operates so much and they make most of big trade desicions, but so does many of these 'Capitalists' nations.  From let say 5-10 years from now, will Taiwanese 'market' be that much more 'free' than the mother land's?

I admire Taiwanese for standing strong against bigger enemy, but I'm also glad that entire China wasn't under Chiang Kei Shek inthe better part of 20th century.  I think he would have sold entire country piece by piece in the name of reformation and modernization. 

Just what would Sun Yat sen think of Taiwan independence and his Koumintang if he was alive today?

the people who are asking for independence are not the native taiwanese aboriginal people. they are the descendants of han chinese settlers from the minnan region of mainland china of the pre 17th century era. there is tension between the less than 1 percent aboriginal natives and the pro-independence han chinese, as well.

Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:53

Your explanation of the correct understanding of your post in English defy the proper grammar and rules of the English language.

As this is not a forum for correcting English language, there is no point in correcting you further.

I trust the others who read English will know the difference.

As for the rest of the tirade posted, they constitute irrelevant personal attacks on my being from Singapore, as there is no relevance in this thread for Singlish nor comparison of GDP of HK & Singapore.

You do not have the money you are betting, it is just empty boasts.

Don't make bets you cannot afford to lose, Sino Defender.

i would love you to correct my level of english. so please pm me to do that. i really would love to hear what you can say. beside, i am very careful with my language. i am also majoring in economics. a comparison between different economies in term of gdp and talk about the reasons between the diverging levels of economic development are, in no way, a personal attack of any type. you can find lots of those in economics books, on tv, in economics conference, or even the wto.

there are reasons for different levels of economic development. some are political. some are social. to talk about and study these reasons is completely intellectural.

not liking the use of singlish is my personal preference. i am not saying whether it is good or bad or making any assumptions about it. i just do not like to use it.

i like to place bets on margin when it's something that i am sure i can win.

i also hope that all of u can understand that i never start something out of no where. but when others challenge me, i pretty much have to take the challenge and counter necessary accusations of all sorts.

snowy, u said i was wrong. u would not expect me to sit there and do nothing, right? i had to prove u wrong for saying i was wrong.

to others: if he hadn't said i made a mistake in the first place, would i have spent all this time defending myself? probably not. i had to counter the accusation.

another personal preference: i do not like to turn everything into an accusation of personal attack when it's really, in no way, personal, sometimes even intellectural. be it something i can't think of anything to counter.

Edited by Sino Defender
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 19:38

a comparison between different economies is in no way an attack of any sorts. it is an economics problem studied in various colleges and schools. i didn't attack his english level, but i tried to suggest a possible reason for the forming of an accusation that i believed to be wrongful. u can go back and check my language. i hope you can understand that i was the one who was accused of making a mistake in the first place. for that, i had to defend myself by explaning the content i posted was in no way as wrong as illustrated. 

Your discussion of the different GDPs of Singapore and HK was not germane to this discussion.  You're wording also suggested that you were implying something a bit more sinister with what you said.

If that's not what you meant, then there's no real problem.  You just need to stay on topic and exercise a bit more discretion with the words you choose.

-GJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456