Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish Professor: Muslims Discovered Ame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish Professor: Muslims Discovered Ame
    Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 15:55
Originally posted by DayI

you have the POWER so use it!

I was tempted to. But then on second thought, I decided to leave it as it is so as to let the rest of us marvel at its absurdity and to remind us of the unimaginable stupidity of the author.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by pinguin

Everyone claims to be the discoverer of the Americas, so those "theories" does not surprise at all. However, we are looking for the truth in this thread, and the know facts are the following:

(1) Native Americans entered the continent between 15.000 to 25.000 years ago. They entered through the Bering strait, either walking of following the coastal lines. They were of mongolian-siberian racial stock.

(2) After them, the Inuits entered the Americas around 5.000 years ago comming from Siberia, and populated all the North American Artic. They colonized Greenland as well.

(3) The Norse established themselves in Greenland around 1000 A.D. and one post has been found in Newfoundland.

(4) All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japaneses, Chineses, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas. 

I agree with flyingzone & DayI about this thread becoming a bit pseudo.

The Inuit are native Americans since about 5000 years ago, and the Norse presence in Canada was a settlement (more than a "post" or "hut" per our other thread). Wink

"The first digs revealed the existence of 8 Norse buildings arranged in 3 complexes.  The buildings were wooden frameworks overlain with sod walls and roofs.  Fireplaces were located in the centre of each house."

"Later digs turned up nails, ship rivets, and slag from the smelting and refining of bog ore - a process which marked the introduction of the iron age to North America." Shocked

"Excavations resumed in 1973 revealed that each of the 3 complexes housed specialized craftsmen.  One complex consisting of 2 houses next to a brook was occupied by smiths who roasted bog ore in one house and worked the metal in another. They also operated a forge on the other side of the brook. The middle complex, which was also the smallest, housed the carpenters, while the largest complex housed the shipwrights." Tongue

Here's another example: one of the two below statements is a "pseudohistorical" statement; see if you can guess which:

1. "All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japanese, Chinese, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas."

or

2. "All the other claims of contact are unproven.  No evidence has been found yet about any Egyptian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Polynesian, African, Irish or even Afghan people or ships in or near the Americas."

Originally posted by flyingzone

I was tempted to. But then on second thought, I decided to leave it as it is so as to let the rest of us marvel at its absurdity and to remind us of the unimaginable stupidity of the author.

Thanks for leaving the thread open; if it becomes popular enough the professor might read it. Tongue

Edited by Hellios - 11-Nov-2006 at 17:36
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 17:52
Originally posted by Hellios

Here's another example: one of the two below statements is a "pseudohistorical" statement; see if you can guess which:

1. "All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japanese, Chinese, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas."

or

2. "All the other claims of contact are unproven.  No evidence has been found yet about any Egyptian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Polynesian, African, Irish or even Afghan people or ships in or near the Americas."

You are too soft with the pseudo-historical fanatics. Anyways, you have to realize I have the "absolute" truth, anyways LOLLOLLOL.

With respect to the Norse "huts" in Newfoundland's Norse "post", I have to say they were even smaller than a shantytown LOL. There were cities of 200.000 people in the Americas at the very same time, like Chan Chan. Besides, North American Indians build huts as good as the Norse.  LOL

Finally, is completely false Norse implanted iron in the Americas. Remember the Norse experience was short lived, and they dissapeared quite soon from North American land.

Forget it. The country of Canada was not create by the Norse, like the government of Canada wants to teach the kids at school, but by British and French settlers. LOL

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 11-Nov-2006 at 17:54
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 17:58
Hehe, ok Omar Smile - but it was a settlement, didn't say colony, but you said "hut" & "post". LOL Wink

"Como te gusta joder hermano!" LOL

AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 19:57

Originally posted by AFG-PaShTuN

Big smile Nice, but what do you guys think of the Canadian scholar who had claimed that America was first discovered by the Afghan monks? Can't recall what the name of the book was.

Everyone claims to be the discoverer of the Americas, so those "theories" does not surprise at all. However, we are looking for the truth in this thread, and the know facts are the following:

(1) Native Americans entered the continent between 15.000 to 25.000 years ago. They entered through the Bering strait, either walking of following the coastal lines. They were of mongolian-siberian racial stock.

(2) After them, the Inuits entered the Americas around 5.000 years ago comming from Siberia, and populated all the North American Artic. They colonized Greenland as well.

(3) The Norse established themselves in Greenland around 1000 A.D. and one post has been found in Newfoundland.

(4) All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japaneses, Chineses, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas.

Now, for fantasies, I preffer this of Jack Forbes: The American Discovery of Europe LOLLOLLOL

Pinguin

Well us Afghans never made that claim, it was actually a non-Afghan who brought this up, he even wrote an entire book about it about a year or two ago. Now that it's been brought up, i've also become interested in it, who knows, maybe Afgans did, i haven't read that book yet so i wouldn't know as to on what basis he makes this claim.

LOL @ Book

I heard it was an American in 1822 that discovered Eastern China! hahahaha
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 12:58
Originally posted by Bulldog

Koreans and Japanease also have an Altaic connection so its likely also they could have similarities aswell.

Give me a break. What is next?

Can you give atleast SOME proof to it?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 15:32
pinguin wrote-

All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japaneses, Chineses, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas. 

So this must be an extinct species of mouse, hmmm.Big smile

This is in the collection of the museum in Jalapa, near Vera Cruz.  The museum there is second only to the National Mus. in Mexico City.  Except the museum in Jalapa only displays local finds and predominately Olmec.  This is just one of several "toys" that are also similar in appearance.  These items were excavated at an Olmec site in the vicinity.  The excavation was done by the museum and the site notes are impeccable.
These artifacts are currently on overseas loan as part of an exhibition of Olmec antiquities.  They are Elephants, no ifs ands or buts.  There have never been Elephants in the Americas, at any time in history.  The craftsman who made these however, knew what they looked like. 

When it comes to human capabilities it's wise not to exclude anything.

Edited by red clay - 12-Nov-2006 at 16:02
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 17:45
Oh no!

We started with pseudo-science now!

Moderator! Warning! Pseudo-science is comming! LOL

I can even predict the following "proofs" that will come afterwards:

(1) The elephants in the mayan stelae (that's a good one)

(2) The anchor of the chinese junk sunk in California.

(3) The Olmec stonehead that prove Africans where here ... swimming LOL

(4) The Pacal stelae that proves Pakal drove spaceships (that's a good one)

Elephants in the  Americas ? Yes, of course. We have Chupacabras too (goatsuckers) LOL

Pinguin

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 22:57
Let us say the Africans came to the Americas before, so what is the big deal here? Everything is possible in history, especially that no explaination to why would an elephant shaped toy exist then? (despite the elephant has two legs up in the air like a dynasour Stern Smile!).
I think that Turkish professor also mentioned that some immigrant from the old world reached the Americas and settled in small communities. He uses the example of many indigineous locations with the name of Mecca for instance as a proof. On the other hand, though it sounds too much to digest as of now, I looked into the possible explaintation for instance of a city named Mecca in California. The following explaination is given in the following website of the Key sity page of the city of Mecca, California:

History & History Related Items

Mecca history:

This community was named Mecca after a group returned from the Mideast Mecca where they went to study the date industry. Date palms abound in the area.
Return to Index

While it might sounds a good explaination to some, I even find it extremely odd that a community "without naming who are they?!" named it Mecca after returning from the Middle East real Mecca where they studied the date industry (no date industry exist in Mecca till now!?).
I will leave things as they are without conclusion.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 06:38
cok gec- Not legs, places to attach strings, elephant was on platform, not shown, that has clay wheels to allow it to be pulled.  Despite the fact that the wheel was something, supposedly, the Olmec had no knowledge of.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 07:06
9 pages for muslims discover america
9 pages for turks and etruscans are troyans.

Well,if this isnt historical amusement ,then what is ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 08:02
Originally posted by ok ge

Let us say the Africans came to the Americas before, so what is the big deal here? Everything is possible in history,

Africans came to the Americas before? How? Swimming?

West Africans didn't know so basic elements like the sail! They didn't know to write either! All those fantasies of Blacks teaching the Olmecs are just fantasies. That's one of the most ridiculous forms of pseudohistory that is going around.

What's the big deal?

Robbing the heritage of Native Americans is the big deal. Any person of the Americas, with a drop of self respect on him, will reject those absurd fantasies.

Everything is possible in history?

No. It isn't. Everything is possible in pseudohistory and children tales LOL

Pinguin

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 08:04
Originally posted by red clay

...Despite the fact that the wheel was something, supposedly, the Olmec had no knowledge of.

That's just ignorance on the part of certain historians. Native Americans knew the wheel. They didn't apply to transport, though.

And they knew a lot of things more, actually thousand more. Some of theirs inventions were copied by the Europeans after the conquist and patented like original inventions.

Pinguin
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 14:57

pinguin wrote-

All the other claims of contact are ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Egyptians, Greeks, Japaneses, Chineses, Polynesians, Africans, Irish or even Afghans WERE NEVER in the Americas. 

So this must be an extinct species of mouse, hmmm.Big smile

This is in the collection of the museum in Jalapa, near Vera Cruz.  The museum there is second only to the National Mus. in Mexico City.  Except the museum in Jalapa only displays local finds and predominately Olmec.  This is just one of several "toys" that are also similar in appearance.  These items were excavated at an Olmec site in the vicinity.  The excavation was done by the museum and the site notes are impeccable.
These artifacts are currently on overseas loan as part of an exhibition of Olmec antiquities.  They are Elephants, no ifs ands or buts.  There have never been Elephants in the Americas, at any time in history.  The craftsman who made these however, knew what they looked like. 

When it comes to human capabilities it's wise not to exclude anything.

I don't know, you wrote it yourself above - it DOES look like a mouse A LOT more than it looks like an Elephant - at least to me it does.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 19:40
I said extinct specie, tongue in cheek.Wink

I am just trying to point out that contact is very possible, indeed likely.  The evidence for is a heck of a lot stronger than against.  This doesn't mean colonization, or a long term presence, although it is possible, not probable, but possible.  There is enough credible evidence to support the notion of cross Atlantic trade that it is not, among intelligent and educated authorities, as radical an idea as it once was, but, there is always the ethno centric  fringe that will continue to deny any possibility, or evidence that such a possibility exists.  

Edited by red clay - 13-Nov-2006 at 19:42
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 20:05

I am just trying to point out that contact is very possible, indeed likely. 

Why do you believe contact is very possible, and so easy?

Perhaps is just YOU who want to believe so.

Discounting Inuits and Vikings (which landed in the Americas by the short artic routes), there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of pre-colubian contact. The Americas were an isolated place from the rest of the world that developed in parallel from the Old World. And that's the fascinating thing about it.

Moreover, I could point evidence in the opposite direction.

The evidence for is a heck of a lot stronger than against. 

Which evidence. Please take away charlatans like Van Danniken and Van Sertima, and you will find out no professional archaeologist or scientist agree with you AT ALL.

This doesn't mean colonization, or a long term presence, although it is possible, not probable, but possible. 

Nessy, big foot, the goatsucker and the flying witches are also POSSIBLE, not probable but possible. So?

There is enough credible evidence to support the notion of cross Atlantic trade that it is not, among intelligent and educated authorities, as radical an idea as it once was, but, there is always the ethno centric  fringe that will continue to deny any possibility, or evidence that such a possibility exists.  

No, the idea of cross Atlantic trade IS NOT RADICAL. Actually, it is a pretty ARCHAIC Idea. It was invented by the Spaniards in the XVI Century when they couldn't explain why Native Americans didn't appear in the Bible. So they invented the myth of the lost tribe of Israel, which was copied by the Mormons.

That primitive idea of those Spaniards has had lot of populatity for centuries. However, no matter how hard they tried there is no proof of transatlantic contact with the Americas by Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Indians, Africans, Japaneses or Chineses.

All of that is crap. Just dreams for massive consumption.

Please read this paper. You may wake up to the truth:

"Goodbye Columbus? The Pseudohistory of Who Discovered America"

Otherwise, I encourage to expose your evidence, if you have any LOL

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 13-Nov-2006 at 20:05
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 21:01

West Africans didn't know so basic elements like the sail! They didn't know to write either!
So I should assume the vikings were educated professors and writers? who said there were no language symbols in West of Africa? who said they don't know how to built boats? does it have to be huge boats? not really.
In any case, I note the following jump-in-conclusion of yours:

Robbing the heritage of Native Americans is the big deal. Any person of the Americas, with a drop of self respect on him, will reject those absurd fantasies.
Calm down here, an ancient contact with the Africans does not mean "robbing the heritage of Native Americans". You sound so offended as if the West African civilizations were sub-human and we cannot at all consider them capable of doing anything except hunting!

Children tales of Vikings reaching lands of Greenland and the Americas were common before clear evidance were discovered.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 21:28

West Africans didn't know so basic elements like the sail! They didn't know to write either!
So I should assume the vikings were educated professors and writers? who said there were no language symbols in West of Africa? who said they don't know how to built boats? does it have to be huge boats? not really.

Show your evidence, please. Previous to the Muslim conquest of West Africa, circa the 12th century, the natives there didn't have advanced ships at all, only canoes. If I am wrong, prove it.

Moreover West Africans before the Arabs didn't know writing whatsoever. The Africans alphabets were invented in the 19th century. Moreover, even after the Arabs conquered West Africa, the classical of Mali, the Sundiata, was transmitted orally during 7 centuries before put on writing in the '60s!

Unlike West Africans, Vikings -with all the brutallity and barbarism they had in its times- did have writing! They also have all the technology of the West of those times, including advanced metalurgy and ships reinforced with iron. Besides Norse where a nation of sailors, like Greeks or Polynesians. West Africans were not.

Calm down here, an ancient contact with the Africans does not mean "robbing the heritage of Native Americans". You sound so offended as if the West African civilizations were sub-human and we cannot at all consider them capable of doing anything except hunting!

Yes. IT DOES. The problem is not with Africans, Chineses or Martians. The problem is that EVERY PEOPLE in the Old world want to ROBB the heritage of the Native Americans. 

I didn't judge subsaharan peoples. I just said they didn't have the required tech at the required time. We are talking about 500 years B.C.!

Children tales of Vikings reaching lands of Greenland and the Americas were common before clear evidance were discovered.

Norse sagas are known during centuries. They describe quite clear where and how they landed. There is anything like that in the transoceanic fantasies.

Besides, take a look at the map. The only foreigners that ever touched the Americas during the last 10.000 years were the Inuits and the Norse. Both people entered through the Artic, where they have to cross relative short distance to arrive. In zones where you can reach the Americas in a kayak!

Crossing the Pacific or the Atlantic is a lot more dificult than that, and it was never done. That's simple.

And please, read this paper.

Please read this paper. You may wake up to the truth:

"Goodbye Columbus? The Pseudohistory of Who Discovered America"

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 13-Nov-2006 at 21:30
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 21:47

Before clear archaeological evidence was discovered. The Vikings had detailed records of "Vinland" before that happened. Most people were fairly certain "Vinland" was Newfoundland, but there was never conclusive proof.

On the other hand, all the other proliferations of theories are ridiculous. The only one that has the slightest proof to back it is Menzies' 1421 hypothesis, and that is pretty much trash anyway.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 22:33
The Hall of M is at the far end of the spectrum, and is peopled by those who declare rather than consider.  If you go to a Centrist site[dead center]  The members and contributors to that site [hall of m] are called MaatzisStern Smile Hardly seen as a credible source, or an unbiased source.

There are Several posts here that are so Ethnocentric as to be outrageously racist, and I will no longer participate.  No one else seems to mind the thinly disguised [subtle] Racism.  Racism is racism,whether it's hidden in extreme ethnocentrism, or covered in the smoke and fire of false indignation and moral outrage, it's still racist BS. 

Edited by red clay - 13-Nov-2006 at 22:37
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>