Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst/Horrible Massacres...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst/Horrible Massacres...
    Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 13:18
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

I think any Massacre is horrible and abusive,it takes the most expensive thing on earth(people lives).

I beleive there is no worse than, all of it are horrible.

I agree. 

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2006 at 03:36
Hello all i am new here so this will be mine first post, for meis the Circassian genocide the worst not becouse i am a Circassian but we suffered alot and still we suffering our language is dieing and the whole world doing nothing ignoring us if you guys are interested in Circassian history i am glad to answer you all i know and i invite you also to my forum for answers and questions about Circassians
www.cerkezistan.com
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 11:02

Well, Amritsar was certainly appalling- 1919, Brigadier-General Rex Dyer- what a monster.

Then of course there were the Armenian Massacres and the Syraic genocides by the Ottoman empire near and in the first world war

Oh, also Cale, forgive my Ignorance, but is Circassian similar to Armenian or in a different language group?

Edited by Earl Aster - 03-Aug-2006 at 11:04
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 14:04
Isnt there a large Circassian population in Abkhazia?

there is also a Russian province now; Karachay-Cherkessia

are the cherkhez peope living here different from Circassians of 200 years ago?

Edited by mamikon - 03-Aug-2006 at 14:06
Pharoah Fred View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pharoah Fred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 14:11
Whenever I think of the word "Massacre", My Lai comes to mind. Terrible, and the pictures are horrible too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 21:09
The 2 worst recent history massacares are the holocost and the Armenian Genocide.Ancient massacares I am undecided upon.
Had this day been wanting, the world had never seen the last stage of perfection to which human nature is capable of attaining.

George Washington - March 15, 1783

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 08:12
    The name Circassian is given by outsiders i am not sure but i think Araps gave the name Circassians to Adige-Abhaz tribes and its diffrent than Armenian language and culture, but our culture is similair with the Goergian culture
here a link of a Caucasus map you can see the diffrent tribes http://linguarium.iling-ran.ru/maps/4-circ1860.gif
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 08:19
Originally posted by mamikon

Isnt there a large Circassian population in Abkhazia?

there is also a Russian province now; Karachay-Cherkessia

are the cherkhez peope living here different from Circassians of 200 years ago?
<font size="+1">

Most Circassians 4-7 milion estimated live in Turkey and i am one of the Circassians who lives in Turkey so our Circassian language is little bit changed than in Caucasus but most are the same
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 11:30
Well, the Armenian massacres are a dark page in our history.

Edited by Pacifist - 04-Aug-2006 at 11:31

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2006 at 05:31
The 2 worst recent history massacares are the holocost and the Armenian Genocide.Ancient massacares I am undecided upon.

There have been many other terrible massacres in this recent period in history! The Hutsis and Tutsis in Rwanda, The Tianamen square massacre. The Armenian massacres and the holocaust are by no means the only terrible massacres (well, the Holocaust was definatly the worst) The 20th/21st century has been the most violent century EVER
Barbarroja View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Barbarroja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 05:25
I think nobody has said the Indian genocide by USA.
And St. Bartolomew's day massacre.
And the massacres made by Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.
And inquisition masacres (in Spain, but also in Portugal, Italy or France) and other religious persecutions like in England by Richard I or Elizabeth I.
I'm sorry but my English is not very good. I'm from Vila-real (Valencia, Spain)
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 07:52

Turk massacre in the Balkans. More than 5 million Turks have been killed by the help of Russians, French and Britons by Serbs, Greeks and Bulgars in the second half of the 19th century until 1910.

In WW1, Armenians, by the help of Russian army, massacred around 700.000 Turks in East Anatolia.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 09:52
We are not supposed to discuss this...but your source of the 700,000 is..? (McCarthy I am sure)

as well as the 5 million...

both of those claims have been disproven over and over in various AE threads regarding the Armenian Genocide

Edited by mamikon - 17-Aug-2006 at 09:53
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 16:03
Originally posted by ATLAS

The largest genocide I know is:

Before Mongolia invaded China, the population of China was 60Million, 164 yrs later when Mongolia was banished from China, China only has 15million ppl. As a revenge, the Chinese army killed as much as Mongolia as they could. Thus, inside the Great Wall there is no Mongolia.

Mongolia proper (or the nation of Mongolia) has a population of 2.5 million.

Inner Mongolia (which is a part of the People's Republic of China) has a population of 7.5 million Mongols.
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 16:06
Originally posted by Pacifist

Well, the Armenian massacres are a dark page in our history.

The Armenians also massacred and raped hundreds of thousands of Muslim Turks, Tatars, and Kurds following the demise of the Ottoman Empire.
craig.melson View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote craig.melson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 16:20
Well i suppose you could get a 'massacre index no.' Numbers dead divided by time taken in days (in case of years use 365). inaccurate but still an effective rank.

however its still pretty gruseome to compare massacres and rank them....
i mean nome were particualrly fun to be part of.....
history is bunk
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 17:05
I found this list of massacres on wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres

Maybe it can be useful to some?
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Jeru View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Jeru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 23:34
I find it hard to messure any massacre.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 00:46
Originally posted by mamikon

both of those claims have been disproven over and over in various AE threads regarding the Armenian Genocide

Would you care to point to any of those threads where the figures have been as you claim "disproven"?

I did provide academic references for these figures, published in reputable scientific journals.

5.5 million Muslims (mostly Turks) were killed between 1820 and 1920 during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, and as many were exiled. This you cannot deny, and if you try to deny it we will not let you deny it as long as we live.

I am growing increasingly exacerbated at your cynical Armeniocentric worldview, and your apparent insistance that only Armenian suffering merits considerations and the title of a Genocide, whereas the Turkish dead must be forgotten and ignored.

Edited by bg_turk - 28-Aug-2006 at 01:12
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 00:51
The worst Genocide is ongoing. People are still being killed in Darfur and are still dying from starvation and exposure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>