Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEvolution and Monotheism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evolution and Monotheism
    Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 21:35

If someone believes in evolution as the system that sustains life on earth that does not means that he/she necessarily believed that no has put that system in place. The concepts of creator and evolution don't have a contradiction. The problem comes up when Christianity has specifics on how the world was created which may not support evolution

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 00:10
Originally posted by TeldeIndus

Originally posted by Maju

Also, we know two things now:
a/ evolution islargely puntuated: it doesn't happene gradually but by sudden jumps

Gradual speciation cannot account for historical events. Rectangular speciation doesnt make any sense to me - you can prove anything theoretically.

b/ most fossils just can't be found. It's a miracle that we can see some of them

I dont see why. It's too coincidental that you dont find any intermediate species fossils, only distinct ones. 

You do find many intermediate fossils, just not enough to satisfy the always challenging fundmentalist demand: "more, more".

Let's see that I am proving that Yellow and Red are related. You say: "that's theory" I wnat an intermediate fossil. So I "discover" Orange. But you say then, so what? Where is the intermediate fossil between Orange and Yellow, and I discover Yelowish Orange... and so on.

Obviously posing a question is a lot easier than finding "the intermediate fossil".

Anyhow lots and lots of intermediate fossils have been found not just for human species but for many others. We know a lot about evolution now but you can remain beliveing whatever you prefer because there's not enough emphasis in educating people.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Cuauhtemoc View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 22:34
There seems to be an assumption that Macro-evolution is a fact. POINT 1: Micro-evolution is the only type of evolution that has been observed. Micro-evolution are the changes within kinds that we observe in domesticated animals. As hard as it may be to believe, a Great Dane and a Chihuahua can be mated, however size is a problem! Micro-evolution is why we have different types of dogs, horses, cows, pigeons, guppies, ect. Micro-evolution is also seen in nature, finches, iguanas, tortioses all found on the Galapagos islands. MICRO EVOLUTION is thus EMPIRICAL as it has been tested and observed. Macro evolution is NOT EMPIRICAL.

Originally posted by OSMANLI

Below is a statement by an evolutionist:

A major problem in proving the theory has been the fossil record; the imprints of vanished species preserved in the Earth's geological formations. This record has never revealed traces of Darwin's hypothetical intermediate variants - instead species appear and disappear abruptly, and this anomaly has fueled the creationist argument that each species was created by God.

Mark Czarnecki, "The Revival of the Creationist Crusade", MacLean's, January 19, 1981, p. 56.

POINT 2:The fossil record has always been a problem for MACRO EVOLUTION, as the quote of the above Macro evolutionist shows regarding Darwin's theory. The fossil record as Osmanli correctly points out has ALWAYS been a problem for Macro-evolution, as missing links of living animals have never been found. In fact some "missing links" have been found, the coelacanth, however, this missing link was found ALIVE off of Africa. So much for the speculation in Macro evolution.

As I say, with genetics you can skip all that.
 POINT 3: DNA has and will continue to make problems for MACRO EVOLUTION too. Maju must be aware of the latest DNA studies which confirm the Bible, the WORD of GOD. However it is NOT surprising that a MACRO evolutionist, like Maju wants to skip the FOSSIL evidence that contradicts Darwin's theory of Macro-evolution. FACT 1: The Bible, thousands of years old, and it is, said all humans came from one couple! GENESIS 3:20 Thus the Bible, a document written by God stated a truth! All humans related to one original couple! FACT 2: DNA studies agree with the BIBLE and proves what it has always said! All humans related to original couple Adam and Eve.
Who would have believed humanity came from one women or man before this discovery? The answer is no one! it is interesting since there was a disregarded theory in an ancient book known as the BIBLE that said all humans were decended from one pair and thus they named them Y chromosome "Adam" and Mitochrondia "Eve"! What could they do with this competing theory but give it grudging recognition? Obviously SCIENTISTS recognise which is the more credible account of CREATION! As you must know the theory advanced before this discovery was that humans evolved from different groups and different parts of the world. Who would dare endorse that theory today?  

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 02:44
Micro and Macro evolution are terms used by creationists to fool people into rejecting evolution. In actuality, macroevolution is nearly universally accepted by those who study evolution.

There are no problems with the DNA data to support "macroevolution." Its just fundamental groups who are promoting it.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 03:24
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

Micro and Macro evolution are terms used by creationists to fool people into rejecting evolution. In actuality, macroevolution is nearly universally accepted. 
It is easy to see a distinction between both terms. In fact, I have a college textbook which uses both terms, Biology by Neil A. Campbell which is used in a non religious university. If a college textbook makes the distinction between Macro and Micro, why not deal with the reality of the differences, instead of simply dismiss a legitimate point? I clearly showed and anyone can see, there is a difference between the two terms. Thus the terms are clear and distinctive and I have a college textbook to support my position and the point made must stand if it can't be answered. Point2: The fossil record does not support Macro evolution as the quotation submitted by Osmanli indicats. A quotation that even an Darwinian evolutionist admits. OSMANLI wrote:

A major problem in proving the theory has been the fossil record; the imprints of vanished species preserved in the Earth's geological formations. This record has never revealed traces of Darwin's hypothetical intermediate variants - instead species appear and disappear abruptly, and this anomaly has fueled the creationist argument that each species was created by God.

Mark Czarnecki, "The Revival of the Creationist Crusade", MacLean's, January 19, 1981, p. 56.

I assume your agreeing with this statement made by a Darwinian evolutionist when he honestly admits that the fossil record does not conform to Darwin's theory, as as you did not mention in your response.

There are no problems with the DNA data to support "macroevolution." Its just fundamental groups who are promoting it.
 The DNA studies startled the scientific world, as the popular theory prior to the studies showing we come from one couple as in Genesis 3:20, was that humanity come from different populations and from different parts of the world. The evidence from DNA as we can see shows the theory derived and interpreted from fossil record incorectly, which a Darwinian evolutionist admits does not support macro evolution, as per the quote of Osmanli in his earlier post.  

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 05:02
Why are you disputing evolution but?

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc

Who would have believed humanity came from one women or man before this discovery? The answer is no one! it is interesting since there was a disregarded theory in an ancient book known as the BIBLE that said all humans were decended from one pair and thus they named them Y chromosome "Adam" and Mitochrondia "Eve"! What could they do with this competing theory but give it grudging recognition? Obviously SCIENTISTS recognise which is the more credible account of CREATION! As you must know the theory advanced before this discovery was that humans evolved from different groups and different parts of the world. Who would dare endorse that theory today? 

Could you at least re-write this paragraph please? You must've posted the exact paragraph in 30 of your 32 posts.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 05:51
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Why are you disputing evolution but?
My dear friend Omar, are you dealing with the points by saying why are you disputing evolution? The points made my friend speak for themselves.  Can you answer them?

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 06:02
I am not asking, if evolution is correct or not.
I am asking Why a religous person needs to argue over evolution.
Why does the (possible) existance of evolution require a religous person to say "No it cannot be true"?
Why did you even need to post that post?
Why does it affect your faith?
Why don't you say "God is so great, he creating beings in such a beautiful way"?
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 06:17

It just occurred to me to wonder why the title of the thread is 'Evolution and Monotheism'.

Do polytheists have any trouble accepting evolution? I don't see why any more than (like Omar) I can't see why monotheists would.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 06:25

Why does the (possible) existance of evolution require a religous person to say "No it cannot be true"?
Why don't you say "God is so great, he creating beings in such a beautiful way"?
Thank you Omar for your question. The FIRST reason is because the evidence for evolution is not scientific and does not exist. The SECOND reason is that the Word of God says that humanity came from one couple in Genesis 3:20, and science now agrees with God's word as a result of DNA studies. So as you can see it affects faith because of what God revealed as far as how He created humanity. God is great however there is no evidence for Macro evolution and so it is not beautiful. The only evidence we have is for Micro evolution as you know and I pointed out in my post. Now that you see, please answer my points as you can see my points clearly deal with the fact MACRO EVOLUTION is false. In fact did you notice the quote of an Darwinian evolutionist who admits honestly the fossil record does not support Macro evolution?

Evidently Omar not all Musloms agree with you, note this site of Muslim Harun Yahya, he does not agree with you on evolution and that it does not affect the faith of Islam. So not all Muslims view as you do:

http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

Edited by Cuauhtemoc
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 08:55

There seems to be an assumption that Macro-evolution is a fact. POINT 1: Micro-evolution is the only type of evolution that has been observed. Micro-evolution are the changes within kinds that we observe in domesticated animals. As hard as it may be to believe, a Great Dane and a Chihuahua can be mated, however size is a problem! Micro-evolution is why we have different types of dogs, horses, cows, pigeons, guppies, ect. Micro-evolution is also seen in nature, finches, iguanas, tortioses all found on the Galapagos islands. MICRO EVOLUTION is thus EMPIRICAL as it has been tested and observed. Macro evolution is NOT EMPIRICAL.

That's just rethoric.

First micro-evolution is enough to explain macro-evolution, you just have to wait enough time. Micro-evolution actually demonstrates macro-evolution, the same that satellites demonstrate Relativity. You don't need to directly observe everything: you create a model based in empirical observation and then you prove the model as far as you can. You cant go back to the past physically, you can't stay watching evolution for milennia or evos... but you can check other implications - and that proves the model.

Theories include propositions that may or not be demonstrated. If they are, then the theory is solid; if they aren't, the theory would remain a hypothesis; if they are shown false (and only then), the theory would be demonstrated false or imperfect...

... and a new theory would need to be built and reality-checked.

That's science.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 09:05
Another thing, Cuauhtemoc: evolution is punctuated and accelerated by catastrophes. That explains very well, why the fossil record lacks some intermediate steps that presumably existed.

First the fossil record in incomplete (by definition), it only includes a tiny part of what once was alive and roaming over there. Second, only the most populous species are likely to be found - those transitional (sub)species that lived in small numbers in rare niches are not so likely to be found at all.

You must be reasonable about that.

For instance, a future paleontologist that would study our era, would find lots of homo sapiens, cow, dog and sheep fossils... but wouldn't find many of the related species: chimpanzee, auroch, wolf or moufflon. Particularly chimpanzee and moufflon are much less likely to be found at all, because their natural niches are small, while humans and sheep live in virtually all the planet and in incredible numbers.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 11:35
No, Macro evolution is not false. It is just that the models for macroevolution was not developed as clearly as those for "microevolution" for a while. Macroevolution is a more advanced concept to obsever than microevolution. Creationists have been using that fact that it did not develop coherently to falsely claim that it is not "real".

If you want to read more on macroevolution, here's a site for you:
http://www.micro.utexas.edu/courses/levin/bio304/evolution/m acroevolution.html

Edited by Imperator Invictus
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 00:52
Originally posted by gcle2003

It just occurred to me to wonder why the title of the thread is 'Evolution and Monotheism'.

Do polytheists have any trouble accepting evolution? I don't see why any more than (like Omar) I can't see why monotheists would.

Thats a very good point.
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 00:58

Thank you Omar for your question. The FIRST reason is because the evidence for evolution is not scientific and does not exist. The SECOND reason is that the Word of God says that humanity came from one couple in Genesis 3:20, and science now agrees with God's word as a result of DNA studies. So as you can see it affects faith because of what God revealed as far as how He created humanity. God is great however there is no evidence for Macro evolution and so it is not beautiful. The only evidence we have is for Micro evolution as you know and I pointed out in my post. Now that you see, please answer my points as you can see my points clearly deal with the fact MACRO EVOLUTION is false. In fact did you notice the quote of an Darwinian evolutionist who admits honestly the fossil record does not support Macro evolution?

Evidently Omar not all Musloms agree with you, note this site of Muslim Harun Yahya, he does not agree with you on evolution and that it does not affect the faith of Islam. So not all Muslims view as you do:

http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

So evolution is at odds with Genesis in the bible? Do you have a quote?

I know not all muslims agree with evolution but why they don't is completely beyond me. Nothing I have ever seen in Islam contradicts evolution and there are a couple of ayats that could even be referring to it.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 06:49

First micro-evolution is enough to explain macro-evolution, you just have to wait enough time.
How much time Maju? Micro evolution does not explain Macro evolution or we would have countless examples in domesticated animals through intensive breeding humanity has done. Can you give one example of a Macro change in any domesticated animal? Through intensive breeding programs in the laboratory and in farming can you give an example of even one macro evolutionary development?

Another thing, Cuauhtemoc: evolution is punctuated and accelerated by catastrophes. That explains very well, why the fossil record lacks some intermediate steps that presumably existed.
Maju, do you have any proof for punctuated equalibrium? Is that theory proposed because there is evidence for equalibruim? What castastrophy accelerated Macro evolution? Do you have any evidence for these statements? Again evolution is mere speculation and there is no evidence for equilibruim. it was a desparate attempt to explain the contradictions found in the fossil record that contradicts Macro evolution. In fact originally it was call the "hopeful monster"! However as we both know there is no example in the fossil record for punctuated equilibrium.

For instance, a future paleontologist that would study our era, would find lots of homo sapiens, cow, dog and sheep fossils... but wouldn't find many of the related species: chimpanzee, auroch, wolf or moufflon. Particularly chimpanzee and moufflon are much less likely to be found at all, because their natural niches are small, while humans and sheep live in virtually all the planet and in incredible numbers.
However as you the fossil record does not support and in fact contradicts Macro evolution. Your statements are your opinion. Here is a quotation from an Darwinian evolutionist who does not agree with your assessment of the fossil record.

We recognise this darwinian evolutionist knows more then both you and I about the fossil record.

Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:08

Still,Creationists have absolutely NO evidence or proof that a God created anything,except writings from books that were written years after their messenger or prophet's time.Evidence leans toward Evolution more than it does Creation,but evidence,however,is not proof.Creationists can say what they will,show us scriptures and writings,but those were all written by humans,and humans can lie,exaggerate,imagine,and dream.Fossil Records,Numbers,Facts and Figures,all those don't mean a damn thing when it comes to finding out what really had a hand in making us what we are today.Logic,and Irationality,what are they really?

A Creationist's Arguement will never change,it'll always be about the Quran,or the Bible,or the Torah,or whatever Religious Book they hold sacred,but the Quran doesn't contradict Evolution directly,so there is some comprimise there.They'll always quote from the book,but Evolutionists will always find something new to back them up.It seems a century old theory is gaining more ground than a two millenia old religion.Thats funny.

Edited by Vamun Tianshu

In Honor
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:22

No, Macro evolution is not false. It is just that the models for macroevolution was not developed as clearly as those for "microevolution" for a while. Macroevolution is a more advanced concept to obsever than microevolution. Creationists have been using that fact that it did not develop coherently to falsely claim that it is not "real".

If you want to read more on macroevolution, here's a site for you:
http://www.micro.utexas.edu/courses/levin/bio304/evolution/m acroevolution.html
The pictures on the above website appear to all be Micro evolution. Certainly body shape whether in birds, foxes, rabbits or humans are all example of changes within the types represented. Here is a website that does not agree with the one cited, www.nmidnet.org
Has science shown that macroevolution is fact?  >>

Science takes the position that macroevolution is undisputed fact and insists that it be taught as such in public schools.  However, macroevolution has never been observed...not in the laboratory and not in the wild...and scientists plainly admit in the mainstream scientific literature that the microevolutionary process observed in living populations cannot explain the large scale biological changes and adaptations hypothesized to have taken place in the past.  >>

Macroevolution may have taken place in the past as claimed, however, it has never been observed and because it has never been observed, there is no basis for claiming that it is fact and it should not be presented as such in public schools.

CLEARLY there a debate on issue however Intelligent Design has made inroads.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:35
If 'intelligent' design is so intelligent, then why do people have an appendix? It serves no function but can cause a lot of trouble.
Evolution can explain the appendix as a redudant leftover of an organ that used to be useful in earlier stages of evoltion, but how can the existance such a 'stupid' organ be explained with intelligent design?
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 14:56
^^^Great, now you just found out god isn't perfect and the universe is going to implode...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>