Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 Things I Like About Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Things I Like About Pakistan
    Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 07:37
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Jhangora i you playing some sort of a joke with me?

I said:

"Karachi can be located in the Sindh province and used to be the capital of Pakistan."

in which you reply:

Karachi IS located in the Sindh Province OSMANLI.

I already said that, or are you simply reminding me incase i forgot?

And its the financial capital  of Pakistan.

Thank you, however i already knew that. But thanks for infoming all the member of AE as well. Be sure to let us know of any new information you find on Karachi. Shukaria

My dear fellow AE member OSMANLI I wasn't even trying to play a joke on you.There is a slight  difference between 'can' and 'is'.Was just trying to point that out very humbly.

And since you said we should stick to the topic.I'll present another Pakistani thing I like.

http://www.hamdard.com.pk:9090/hamdard.com.pk/afza.jsp

Jai Badri Vishal
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 15:26

I think quite often we have misunderstood each other. Perhaps next time you could PM me with such lessons on grammer.

Anywho, thanks for the info on 'Rooh Afza', honestly i have never heard of it. Although judging from the website seems like a nice drink. I will be on the look out for it !!!

Kindest Regards,

OSMANLI

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 20:38
Originally posted by TeldeIndus

Alright. All I can find is this, and I'm pretty sure he's Pakistani Hazara.

That is correct.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 20:43

Afghanan, please brother do you have any thing against Pakistan. You have (and this is not the first occation) found faults with Pakistan. This is topic your 5 fave things about Pakistan (not spot the Pashtun/Pathan). You have made your point, and a good one at that.

However i feel that out of 20 postd in this topic, only 3 have addressed the aim of the topic. Thus 3 posts depicting 5 fave things on Pakistan. The vast majorty has been in people on the offensive and defensive. With the exception of Hexed

Please, i would love to hear your contrbution, remember you may not like the Pakistani government but neither do a lot of Pakistani's.

Well my reply to this topic was not Anti-Pakistan, it was to clarify the people and pictures he mentioned as being Pakistani.  I say if you are going to show 5 things you like about Pakistan, at least show people that are actually Pakistanis.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:49

I think quite often we have misunderstood each other. Perhaps next time you could PM me with such lessons on grammer.

Anywho, thanks for the info on 'Rooh Afza', honestly i have never heard of it. Although judging from the website seems like a nice drink. I will be on the look out for it !!!

Kindest Regards,

OSMANLI

Rooh Afza is a very good sharbat dear AE fellow member OSMANLI.If I were in India I would have gladly sent you a bottle.

This time I was making a joke at you.Rooh Afza is an Indian sharbat.

http://hm.hamdard.com:5050/rooh_afza/rooh_afza.htm

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:52
Originally posted by Afghanan

Afghanan, please brother do you have any thing against Pakistan. You have (and this is not the first occation) found faults with Pakistan. This is topic your 5 fave things about Pakistan (not spot the Pashtun/Pathan). You have made your point, and a good one at that.

However i feel that out of 20 postd in this topic, only 3 have addressed the aim of the topic. Thus 3 posts depicting 5 fave things on Pakistan. The vast majorty has been in people on the offensive and defensive. With the exception of Hexed

Please, i would love to hear your contrbution, remember you may not like the Pakistani government but neither do a lot of Pakistani's.

Well my reply to this topic was not Anti-Pakistan, it was to clarify the people and pictures he mentioned as being Pakistani.  I say if you are going to show 5 things you like about Pakistan, at least show people that are actually Pakistanis.

I agree.Don't try to portray 'Hamdard Rooh Afza' as a Pakistani product

Jai Badri Vishal
TeldeIndus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:55

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Everything on the page is Pakistani. When it comes to ethnic groupings, all the ethnic groups can be found in Pakistan. The Pathan girl before came to mind and the Hazaras were easy to find. But alright, let's be fussy shall we, I will find substitutes for Pathan and Hazara in Pakistan itself!

Pathans - In Pakistan !

Hazaras - In Pakistan !

I even managed to find some in front of a Pakistani flag to save you from looking them up!  

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 08:48

Actually, this little guy at the front reminds me of myself when I was his age - No doubts he'll grow up to be a fine, handsome, strong young man!   

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 22:48

Very Good TeldeIndus, that is much better, EXCEPT for one picture:

These are not "Pathan" boys, these are Afghan refugees. 

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 22:58

And you know they are refugees, how may I ask, genius? The site most definitely says Pakistan. 

Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 23:08
I know everything is Afghan to you, but I'll give you a clue in the meantime. These boys are from Swat Valley, Pakistan. Swat Valley is not known as a refugee area - It's buffeted by both Dir and Chitral. That would make it very unlikely they're refugees - besides all that one look at those jumpers, trousers and the way their clothes are all clean suggests there's no way they're refugees.

Edited by TeldeIndus
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 03:57
Afghanan is actually an imigration inspector!!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 03:58

Hey what are the major Industries in Pak. Is there discrimination against Sikhs and Hindus in Pak.

I have heard that Sindhis and Punjabis control most of Pal while rest of areas are impoverished...

What is the economic scenario in Pak...?

Do you have good freedom of press in Pak under Musharaff?...

These questions are not anti-pak...These are asked put of curiosity...

Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 08:57
Originally posted by hexed

Hey what are the major Industries in Pak. Is there discrimination against Sikhs and Hindus in Pak.

I have heard that Sindhis and Punjabis control most of Pal while rest of areas are impoverished...

What is the economic scenario in Pak...?

Do you have good freedom of press in Pak under Musharaff?...

These questions are not anti-pak...These are asked put of curiosity...

If you want to talk more politics, this isnt the thread.

Answers to your questions. There more discrimination against Hindus in India. Sikhs the same.

Pakistan has a changing economy. IT is doubling in size every year and industrial manufacturing is growing by a a fifth every year now. I think you can read about this yourself.

Punjabis are more numerous in Pakistan but politically each province has equal political power. The government has done a good job attracting investors into the region,  all part of "trickle down".

The economic situation looks very good.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000039&refer= columnist_mukherjee&sid=aiSFuvMKI2Gw  

Freedom of the press is very good in Pakistan, many of the state run agencies criticize Musharaf on a regular basis.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/may2005-daily/04-05-2005/metr o/i2.htm

The fact they're able to debate whether there's freedom of press in Pakistan, shows there's actually a lot of freedom of expression in Pakistan!

Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 08:58

No wonder there's border security problems..

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 23:59

And you know they are refugees, how may I ask, genius? The site most definitely says Pakistan. 

Since you like this word Genius, it might help to know that this picture has been used in MANY websites, and the first one I ever saw it on, was much older than this website you linked it to...Genius. 

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 00:01

I know everything is Afghan to you, but I'll give you a clue in the meantime. These boys are from Swat Valley, Pakistan. Swat Valley is not known as a refugee area - It's buffeted by both Dir and Chitral. That would make it very unlikely they're refugees - besides all that one look at those jumpers, trousers and the way their clothes are all clean suggests there's no way they're refugees.

Well it depends what kind of refugee.  Refugees who live in Tents are obviously not going to have access to ample amount of clean water.  But as you know there are many, most likely in the millions, who not only reside in homes throughout the NWFP, but own land and businesses. 

Genius.

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 00:03

Sometimes it would be a good idea.  There are many Pakistanis who flee to Europe and elsewhere under fake or stolen Afghan refugee papers.

Edited by Afghanan
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 00:09

all part of "trickle down".

Narasimha Rao {former Prime Minister of India who was in power when India opened up her economy in early 90's} made this term popular in India.

Trickle Down Theory-----If you feed enough oats to the horse some will pass on the way for birds.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 00:19

My dear brother in humanity OSMANLI you seem to have been offended.You didn't reply to my second post on 'Rooh Afza'.I am sorry if I hurt you.I promise to send you a bottle of 'Rooh Afza'.I would look for it in S Korea.Wish you a very happy and prosperous lunar new year.

Since this thread is about things people like about Pakistan.I would add another thing I like about Pakistan.Beautifully decorated trucks.The trucking Industry in Pakistan is dominated by the Pushtoons.In India too trucks are decorated but not to the extent they are in Pakistan.Here are some pics.

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>