Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic State : Who Begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ISLAMIC EMPIRE View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ISLAMIC EMPIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic State : Who Begins
    Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 10:58

As salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

I would the opinions of my brothers, if there was to begin an Islamic State: 

1. Which country in the world would start with an Islamic State? Give reasons.

2. Who would follow them to expand the Islamic State? (second country to follow)

3. Do youse know any country at the moment thinking about changing to the Islamic State?

life it seems will fade away
drifting farther every day
all i gotta do is pray
nothing matters, no-one else
simply nothing more to give
there is nothing more for me
i need the end to set me free
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:04
At the moment i think Pakistan is a likely contender. Although US is waiting at the back door (Afghanistan) incase such a case occures
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:05

what do you mean by " if there was to begin an islamic state"??

ISLAMIC EMPIRE View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ISLAMIC EMPIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:17

i mean if a country was to convert to an islamic state like one of the muslim countries, if they were thinkin about it

life it seems will fade away
drifting farther every day
all i gotta do is pray
nothing matters, no-one else
simply nothing more to give
there is nothing more for me
i need the end to set me free
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:46

The last Islamic State was the Ottoman Empire. the west went thruogh hell trying to defeat them and it took 600 yrs to do so, since now that they have achieved this goal, they will do anything in there power to not allow such threats to ever exist again. most muslim countries today are corrupt and look to every solution other then islam.

in my opinion if there is going to be islamic state it will come from a minority like the chechens, kashmiris or other african, middle eastern or central asian tribes.

but these countries success will depend on the stronger muslim countries who might decide to change there ways, might!

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 11:47
Why do you say that the last Islamic state was the Ottoman's? I think alot of nations today qualify or would like to.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:09

you can not be classified as an Islamic state by simply having 'Muslim' population. You must implement the Sharia fully with a Caliph. to be an Islamic state. Even Saudi is not an Islamic state

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:14

then you have a different definition of "islamic state" than the common one.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:18

Thanks that makes sense. Another definition. 

But to put so much on a Caliph in order to legitimize an Islamic state sounds frugal. The more I think about this notion of super Caliph-Islamic state the more I feel pity for those who lack confidence in their ability to act and follow there religion as they know best. Faith comes from the inside, not by someone who you give power to. And to tell you what it is. Use your vote of confidence and in law if you must. If not someone will do it for you. Remember one of those God given rights is to practise your religion with no compulsion.  

Edited by Seko
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:26

and for most of the Islamic history the Caliphs weren't the religiouse leaders of the Caliphate nor they were religiouse themselvs.

having a Union between States which has a common Goal is achievable but as i said in another topic, a union such as the EU will do, not a Union with one leader type.

and dont forget that the early Islamic Caliphates were democratic and they had a parliment like government. so the democracy and union isn't new to the Islamic religion.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:29
I agree with your view here Azimuth.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 12:30

I am just curious, why does a new Islamic state has to follow exactly other previous empires in electing a caliph? It is not necessary in our religion to appoint a caliph for life. All what is necessary is to have a just Imam or ruler. No specification if it has to be a kingdom, republic, 4 years term, for life term...etc

So, according to my humble opinion, I think some existed Islamic states should work slowly on getting closer toward unification. The key word is unity. Ottomans were strong, but they didn't have to rule every single Muslim nation that existed that time. So, If we have Malaysia getting in unity with Indonesia, Brunai, they will create a mega south asian Islamic state with elected rulers (call them presidents) who will be under the public eyes and always have their balances checked.  That by itself a power. Same thing to regional unification.

Now, what makes a group of countries qualify for union? That is tough to answer. Similar economy? similar political system? ...etc

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 15:14

Selamat Sejahtera.......

cok gec quote :

"So, If we have Malaysia getting in unity with Indonesia, Brunai, they will create a mega south asian Islamic state with elected rulers (call them presidents) who will be under the public eyes and always have their balances checked"

Interesting... but hard to accept..... i know tht ur 'humble side' there.. is trying to come up with an example ... but seriously... my side here not so much to think tht kind of possibility to be happened... dont get me wrong.. it's not about racism or else... no no... tht issue is unrelated coz we are all malays.. Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei....

but do u know tht Indonesia practice a law tht call as 'pancasila' where mix marriage between muslim and non-muslim can be accepted and... the children can choose which religion to be adopted based on their own preference... a very complicated democracy for me as a simple malaysian to accept...

bye the way... Islamic Empire.. there is a place in Indonesia name as Acheh which is trying to be apart from tht country to develop their own Islamic country... and South Thailand... most of the local are muslims... Bad things happened in South Thailand recently...  so sad...

terima kasih....

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 18:53
Originally posted by cahaya

bye the way... Islamic Empire.. there is a place in Indonesia name as Acheh which is trying to be apart from tht country to develop their own Islamic country... and South Thailand... most of the local are muslims... Bad things happened in South Thailand recently...  so sad...

that is very good news about acheh, but recently they have been a big talk on the media though. it seems as soon as a muslim country makes claims or demands to live under islamic laws, they are quickly shown as very poor and dangerous people. but we have to expect that.

By the way is there any support from local muslim countries for the south thailanders? what kind of bad things r u talking about. plz explain

Edited by oTToMAn_TurK
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 09:35

to answer question by ottoman_turk.... Well I have to look over some of newspaper articles for this....

Ottoman_Turk quote:

By the way is there any support from local muslim countries for the south thailanders? what kind of bad things r u talking about. plz explain

Last year, on 25 October 2004, 85 muslims were killed by the Thai army. It happened in Tak Bai, Narathiwat. In Ramadhan.. the government used terrorism as an excuse for them to kill those innoncent people..

Before that the same incident happened... in April 2004. where the muslims were killed during solat in Masjid Kerisik, Pattani. 112 people killed. Again... for the same reason....

malaysia government.. tried to protect those thai muslim refugees who run to our country for protection.. and tried to bring the issue to the 10th ASEAN conference... in order to show our country disagreement and to condemn on how bad the Thai's government handled the terrorism issues...

Unfortunately.... i cant show u the picture of the tragedy here...

p/s: sad to see tht those people were killed with no mercy and the place is where your ancestor came from

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 23:13

thank u very much cahaya, really appreciated it.

so sad indeed

Edited by oTToMAn_TurK
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2005 at 13:20

tak ada masalah.. sama-sama

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 02:22

w aleykum selam ISLAMIC EMPIRE...

the state will start in the heart.. if muslims, put other stuff aside and just work on being muslims.. Islamic empier will start there...

I met Muslims from all over the planet, and I MEANT it.. from all over the place... they're not united enough to start an Islamic country, then how could they start an Empire.. and I wish I was/am wrong..

Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 08:05

Why does any Islamic state have to exist? The middle east is full of different religion if anything we should seprate church from Government, we do not have to follow the western and european models, but we shoudl respect every ones religion and beliefs, a Muslim is one who abides by the will of God. We all have a covenant to God and to abide by his laws, and includes freedom of choice.

There should be no Caliphs, or Imams who appointed them? they are human and Flawed, as Only God Almight and his messengers (prophets) can lead us, we are all but humble servants of God.

Lets have a republic were everyone can be represented adn none left out. Let us Live in Harmony as brothers rather then enemies.

Never under estimate the predictablity of stupidity! - Bullet Tooth Tony
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 09:01

Rakhsh (im assuming ur muslim, forgive me if im rong) i understand your point but please have a good look at the situations the muslim countries are in. every single one of them or if not, the majority are in third world class.

look at our history, since when has the history of islam been in such a worser situation then what we are now. when we look at the difference between how we rule and how they ruled we see that they all wer successful becouse of the powerful islamic state that they lived in.

Lets have a republic were everyone can be represented adn none left out. Let us Live in Harmony as brothers rather then enemies.

this sounds very good, seriuosly it does but its definately not happening and im afraid it looks like it never will happen unless an islamic state will rise again. but america has made strategic occupations (iraq, afghanistan) in the islamic world which will definately prevent such a case.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>