Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran
    Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 08:42
You may be right. Perhaps I am overreacting, I think I misunderstood before reading the whole. Sorry for provoking the discussion.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 16:04
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Shame on you!!!

You are not authorized to discuss about the facts told by the word of Allah. We believe in Him and His Book. May be information in The BIBLE IS WRONG

How could you detect that?. ISLAMIC FAITH REQUIRES BELIEVE IN THE TORAH AND THE BIBLE WITHOUT DOUBT. IT REMINDS THAT THEY ARE FALSIFIED AND REWRITTEN BY HUMANS. THAT IS WHY OUR GUIDE IS QURAN.

IT IS THE BOOK OF PERFECTION AND HAS NO MISTAKE.

I  condemn you. peace of ALLAH be upon you.

Now I can understand how you can kill mllions of Muslims in Iraq, In Bosnia, In Balkans and in other parts of the world. You are biased and you attempt to show your misinformation as the truth. QUIT IT

MODERATORS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. AS A MUSLIM I AM REALLY INSULTED AND OFFENDED AND IT HURTS ME: THAT IS NOT SOMETHING DEBATABLE, IF IT KEEPS BEING DISCUSSED. ENMITY BETWEEN TWO RELIGION WILL GET PROFOUND. 

If we can not even discuss, nothing can be solved. Is that any better?

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 15:54

Shame on you!!!

You are not authorized to discuss about the facts told by the word of Allah. We believe in Him and His Book. May be information in The BIBLE IS WRONG

How could you detect that?. ISLAMIC FAITH REQUIRES BELIEVE IN THE TORAH AND THE BIBLE WITHOUT DOUBT. IT REMINDS THAT THEY ARE FALSIFIED AND REWRITTEN BY HUMANS. THAT IS WHY OUR GUIDE IS QURAN.

Now I can understand how you can kill mllions of Muslims in Iraq, In Bosnia, In Balkans and in other parts of the world. You are biased and you attempt to show your misinformation as the truth. QUIT IT

MODERATORS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. AS A MUSLIM I AM REALLY INSULTED AND OFFENDED AND IT HURTS ME: THAT IS NOT SOMETHING DEBATABLE, IF IT KEEPS BEING DISCUSSED. ENMITY BETWEEN TWO RELIGION WILL GET PROFOUND.    

Everything can be discussed: science and truth are the essence of human thought (what is obvioulsy the most precious divine gift, if you happen to believe in God).

Everything is debatable. If you don't like it, you can always ignore the arguments of those that do want to debate it  - or find better arguments to support your own position. I prefer the second option, obviously because I think that absolutely everything is arguable and nothing should be left out of debate and scientifical scrutiny.

What has made the West (and other regions and countries too) scientifically advanced is that acceptance that everything can be discussed and investigated. Some have opposed it but, like the shaman praying for rain in the middle of the desert, have failed to propose anything better. It's the old dilemma between myth and science.

(Note: I don't deny all value to myth... but after all is just a story, whichever its merits).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 15:37
I changed the title, is it ok? If the content of this thread bothers you, please ignore it or give opposing views.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 15:15

Shame on you!!!

How is the Qu ran different from the Bible and the Torah in this respect?  All three are written by people hence why they are books. Therefore all 3 have equal chance of being wrong.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 10:19

weird, If  you follow quran so fine, Tangriberdi
arent  you thinking that Kurds are our brothers, and we should not care, If someone is turk or kurd?

Islam is banning racism.

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 10:05

Tangriberdi
We where (me and Maju in this case) talking about the nonsens in some bibles like the earth is 5000 years old. This is added in SOME bibles in USA lol

Misunderstood the post of Maju i guess.

Edited by Kenaney
OUT OF LIMIT
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 10:02

Shame on you!!!

Edited by Tangriberdi
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 14:16
Originally posted by Kenaney

also ive heard of people claiming that the bible says the earth is 5000 years old... is this nonsens true?

Some literalists, very popular in the USA but fortunately despised as mere jerks in the rest of the world, believe that the Bible is true to the letter, no matter what science may say. Consequently they have added up the figures of the lives cited in the Genesis and other books and concluded that (with some discrepancies) the Garden of Eden existed c. 4500 BCE. As "obvioulsy" Yaveh created the Earth a few days before... the Earth can't be older than that and all that science that says that this our beloved planet has 4 billion years of existence is nonsense. For them a simple text is more accurate than any scientifical knowledge and they are working hard to forbid the teaching of the Theory of Evolution in schools and replace it by their Biblical creationist fantasies.

Still, they could be not far from the truth in a way, provided that the myth of Eden actually has something to do with the Sumerian pastures of Edin, where maybe the forebears of Abraham went with their goats and sheep c. 3500 years ago... but this is more like the accidental coincidence of the advisory titles of some films.

If this is true, bible needs to get updated man btw a new expansion pack or something

Sure!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 13:48

Yeah older. If we were to consider the oldest as the most reliable ones, we should have been studying Enuma Elish in religion classes.

Anyway, I guess that would be the best....

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 13:34
Abraham was willing to sacrifice his eldest son-which was Ismail.

In Jewish and Christian beliefs it was Issac and not Ishmail. Their tradition is much older but of course those terrible Christians and Jews some how corrupted the original text.

In Sunday school, as a kid, I was taught the Christian view of this story.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 12:52
I know some Southern Baptist churches preach that.
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:58
also ive heard of people claiming that the bible says the earth is 5000 years old... is this nonsens true? If this is true, bible needs to get updated man btw a new expansion pack or something
OUT OF LIMIT
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:51
IIRC, the bible doesn't clearly say much on whether or not the Earth is flat, with people who wish to believe either interpreting whichever passages whichever way to suit their fancy. The church however, contrary to the modern fairy tale, as for most of it existence accepted that the Earth is in fact round (albeit at the centre of the universe, which it is not).

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:44
Originally posted by ill_teknique

Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Paul

Have you considered that Muhammad may have discovered a superior source of information on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

According to Quran, Christians and Jews are guilty of modifying the text of the book, specially to hide the announcement of Muhammed. Jesus wasn't crucified and died but it was another man or an illusion or something...

But according to the Bible, the earth is flat and pigs fly, a it's usually said.

As someone said above, it's all just but science-fiction, like that Arkansan Jurassic Park of Eden that someone posted about in another thread.

qu'ran mentions the earth is round

qu'ran says that the eartth was created in six and on the seventh god took his throne - not rested - as that would say that god is limited if god needs rest

and i read the yussuf ali translation i did not catch a lot of these what site did you get them from?

I was talking about the Bible (read before you post, damnit!). Also, the sentence Earth is flat and pigs fly is a topic saying to mean that they say nonsense... I don't think the Bible says that but says so many other inaccuracies, specially if you follow literalist fanatics, that it's the same.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 02:55
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Paul

Have you considered that Muhammad may have discovered a superior source of information on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

According to Quran, Christians and Jews are guilty of modifying the text of the book, specially to hide the announcement of Muhammed. Jesus wasn't crucified and died but it was another man or an illusion or something...

But according to the Bible, the earth is flat and pigs fly, a it's usually said.

As someone said above, it's all just but science-fiction, like that Arkansan Jurassic Park of Eden that someone posted about in another thread.

qu'ran mentions the earth is round

qu'ran says that the eartth was created in six and on the seventh god took his throne - not rested - as that would say that god is limited if god needs rest

and i read the yussuf ali translation i did not catch a lot of these what site did you get them from?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 19:33

Originally posted by Belisarius

What is the big deal? It is the same God. You guys are all my brothers, as far as I am concerned.

However, since we are just goofing around, it is the Jewish God that had the genocidal tendencies.

True, but overall Abrahamic religions as a whole are exclusionary, intolerant, and opressive.  They are all effectively the same relgions and they are all very harmful for the earth, thankfully their absolutism prevents them from ever getting along.  Not even amosgnst Muslims and Christians is there one unified doctrine, and I am very thankful for that.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 19:05
Originally posted by strategos

Thanks for respecting everyones beliefs Komnenos...

As this is probably a criticism of my statement. Refuting somebody's belief does not necessarily mean not respecting it. On the contrary, respect it shown when one takes somebody else's belief that serious that one debates over it.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 18:11
Originally posted by Komnenos

Inaccuracies of the Bible:

Where shall we start:

1.) There is no god.
2.) Therefore he didn't create the universe in seven days.
3.) He therefore couldn't have created Adam and Eve who therefore couln't have existed.
4.).........and so on, ad infinitum.

And you have the nerve to criticise the Quran for mispelling and confusing a few names?

No, no.

We should start like Spinoza (Ethics, First Part: on God, Definition VI): For God I understand an absolutely infinite being, that is a substance that has infinite attributes, each one of them express an absolute and infinite essence.

Long life to Pantheism, the only possible explanation to All!

While the Pan-Theos is not included in the Bible or the Quran... they are perfectly included in the Pan-Theos, as anything else.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 17:26

However, since we are just goofing around, it is the Jewish God that had the genocidal tendencies.

Important point.

Jehovah reffers to all of us as "cows providing milk". Anyway, I'll be a good cow and wont discuss Jewish religion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>