Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Armies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Which Ancient Army was the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [40.65%]
18 [14.63%]
32 [26.02%]
2 [1.63%]
1 [0.81%]
20 [16.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Armies
    Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:01
Originally posted by Maljkovic

What is with this order?

1.Rome

2.Persia

3.Greece

4.China

Hello, are we forgetting who invented gunpowder? Aside for the fact that Chineese army was about 20-30 times bigger then the Roman, this alone would have swayed the odds in their favour.

Persian army was on top while it was led by a master strategist Cyr, after his death it lost to Greeks who were outnumbered 5:1.

romans are the best. numbers dont matter. the chinese army was not taht strong for the most part although there were times when it was very powerful.

the chinese invented gun powder, yes, but they never used it for war purposes.

romans were definetly the best, followed by greek, persian, chinese, and then egyptian.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Maljkovic View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Maljkovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:30
Who wrote "The art of war"? Who defeated the Huns with their own weapon, light cavalry? Hint: NOT Romans.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 17:10

Originally posted by Maljkovic

Who wrote "The art of war"? Who defeated the Huns with their own weapon, light cavalry? Hint: NOT Romans.

that is true, but still, the romans were unparalleled.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Maljkovic View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Maljkovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 06:04
Romans had an excellent training routine and discipline, but in everything else they were inferior to China.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567