Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arabic Music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arabic Music
    Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 00:14

Allah yehdeek ya Azimuth, belly dancing?

I have been searching forever for the title or the song itslef of Sa'doon Jaber the Iraqi سعدون جابر 

في الاغنية المقطع المشهور "متحمل الاسية" تعرف فين الاقيه؟ شكرررراااا

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 00:43
Girls are awesome man, thanks 

actually I'm looking for a song from late 90's maybe 2000.I don't know the singer(he was a male in his 20's) I don't know the title nor the lyrics.I think he was a north African like Taha or Khaled, reason French tvs were showing his movie clip everyday.What I remember is the video clip.Guy was chasing a girl whereever she goes and she was running from him.guy was so desperate but the girl didn't even care but he never gave up.At the end of the clip the girl got into a plane and flew away but he was still chasing her.clip had ended while he was runnig after the plane.In the clip he rode motorcycles, buses maybe subway as well and etc...

any help would be kindly appreciated
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:05
Originally posted by çok geç

Allah yehdeek ya Azimuth, belly dancing?

I have been searching forever for the title or the song itslef of Sa'doon Jaber the Iraqi سعدون جابر 

في الاغنية المقطع المشهور "متحمل الاسية" تعرف فين الاقيه؟ شكرررراااا

dont make me feel gulty, i'll delete everything  

about Sadon jaber i dont know are you looking for the clip or just the song?

anyway this is from www.6arab.com

Originally posted by erci

Girls are awesome man, thanks 

actually I'm looking for a song from late 90's maybe 2000.I don't know the singer(he was a male in his 20's) I don't know the title nor the lyrics.I think he was a north African like Taha or Khaled, reason French tvs were showing his movie clip everyday.What I remember is the video clip.Guy was chasing a girl whereever she goes and she was running from him.guy was so desperate but the girl didn't even care but he never gave up.At the end of the clip the girl got into a plane and flew away but he was still chasing her.clip had ended while he was runnig after the plane.In the clip he rode motorcycles, buses maybe subway as well and etc...

any help would be kindly appreciated

yea i know which song

but dont think i saw the video clip anywhere her in the web.

anyway the singer is called Shab Faudel ( Fathel in Arabic) and he is Algerian i think

and the song you mentioned was one of the best Arabic/french mixture songs i've ever heard.

here is it.

http://music.6arab.com/ashaab-fathel..teely-mentrm.rm 

çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:26

Thank you so much Azimuth. I loved the songs you posted for Sa´doon Jaber. I found out that the song I was looking for is an old song called "Ani Entehyt" - I'm finished, for Habib Ali, an Iraqi too. That song is so depressing . Kinda similar to other depressing Arabesk songs hahaha.

Unfortunately the best about the song is the lyrics actually.  Just click on his chubby face

ongs.tarb.net/iraqi/7abeb-ali/7abeb-ali.gif" width=77>

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:40
hey thanks Azimuth that's the song  I didn't recognize him, he had a different haircut back then.So the name of the song would be "teely ment" ? I did a quick search but found nothing can you post the exact name of the song and the singer?

thanks in advance
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:09

search in Faudel but most of the sites you'll find under this name will be French sites.

like this one

http://faudel.artistes.universalmusic.fr/

go to gallery then clip then click under the picture and you'll see a clip i dont know which song sounds all french.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:11
Tellemente je t'aime - Faudel

he covered one of Mustafa Sandal's song "Araba" too 

la main dans la main
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:13

lol just checked his biography

he is not algerian he is French with an algerian orgin born in paris.

çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 18:32

The Muwashahat     الموشحات

El Interprete de los DeseosEl Interprete de los Deseos

The Muwashahat is an Arabic poetry-a post classical form of Arab poetry arranged in stanzas and with free prosodythat has spread from Andalucia to Iraq. I will present to you a brief history note of its origin and a list of famous Muwashahat songs:

In folk poetry, It is noted that the blind poet Muqaddam Ibn Mu'afi Al Oabri from the town of Oabra, in Cordoba province was the inventor of the Muwashahat. The poet Abu Bakr Mohammad Ibn Oazman Al Ourtubi 1114 A.D invented another form called 'Zajal' which he used to sing in the market place accompanied by instruments and singers. It is to be noticed that both the Muwashaha and the Zajal are similar; however the Al Muwashaha is purely Arabic save its epilogue which was in Spanish or Spanish vernacular. Zajal on the other hand was in colloquial dialect with some Spanish words. This Spanish folk song with its epilogue and Al Zajal later on influenced not only Arabic Poetry but also the poetry that emerged in southern Europe at the end of the 11th century A.D. Roving singers known as troubadours in northen Spain used this new style. It is also said that the songs, known as 'villancico' and sung by the Spanish people during Christmas festivities, were Andalusian Zajal.

Examples of Muwashahat:

-

Imlali Al Aqdah Arabic Music Ensemble
- Mala Al Kassat Um Kalthoum's Ensemble
- Muwashah Indulisi Ali Muftah
- Teih Al Nudman Naqabt Al Mu'allemin - Syria
- Ya Faten Al Ghezlan Sabri Mudallal's Ensemble
- Ya Ra'i Al Dhiba Al Ferqa Al Qawmiya Al Arabiya

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 07:07

i think most of Fayrooz's songs are Muwashahat

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 07:36

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuubyyyyyyyyyyy  {me likey}

I havn't been to an Arab country for almost 10 years now, it is a bit hard to get Arabic clips 

thanks fo the clips...

Bakma View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bakma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 10:42

SELAMUNALEYKOUM

shukran i would be happy if you could write the clip names in latin and do you know a site where i can see the maroc pop charts?

i have an marocc channel at home somedays ago i watched the pop music charts and number 3-1 were my favourites but but i don't know there names because i can't read arabic 

vesselam

Inson borki insonlarning naqshidir, inson borki hayvon undan yaxshidir
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 02:07

Azimuth, our instant gratification guy, I know you will help me with this. Can you find me a song for Latifa. I found the clip long time ago but stupid me didn't save it on computer and they cleared it from the site.

The clip is called "Ela To3'a6 Al Alam" "To all tyrants of the world"

It is a famous poets of Abu Al Qassim Al Shabbi.

If you can find me the clip or even the song itself i will be deeply appreciated. (Just to warn you, I spent a week searching)

لطيفة التونسية - الى طغاة العالم- قلم الشاعر ابو القاسم الشابي

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 01:25

@çok geç...

""Allah yehdeek ya Azimuth, belly dancing?""

hahahaha

baba, hatha fen

I'll get you Latifa song...enshallah give me few days

'till then here's this site:

It has heaps of good old music, Iraqi mostly...

http://www.iraqiart.com/music/music.htm

try aziz ali.. he is so cool

@erci.. I remember a song like that.. but I can't remember who or what was the song... sry...

@w aleykum selam bakma..  I don't have an idea sorry..

but the two arabic words under the clips above....

to the right {download}

to the left {watch (online)}

Edited by 1001nights
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 02:40
Thank you 1001 night for the link. and I am waiting for that Latifa's clip
D.J. Kaufman
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 05:08

sorry for the delay çok geç
but i really dont have much time to look for it, plus iam not  a fan of Latifa

anyway sounds like a great song about politics. if you found it post it here too , iam looking forward to hear it too.

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 11:49

What does "Allah yehdeek" mean?

Edited by kotumeyil
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote çok geç Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 13:08

Allah Yehdeek= May Allah Guide you (to the right path obviously)

D.J. Kaufman
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 13:16
Thank you, çok geç
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 19:19
you're not gonna believe this but my nick name was Ya habib Ya Sheik Ya Erdjument in high school.I don't even know what it means  one of the other friends named Ya fettan Ya ferru Ya Selahattin

Edited by erci
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>