Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stone of Destiny - Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stone of Destiny - Scotland
    Posted: 03-Jan-2014 at 23:33
TADR, I am mostly confused with the term "trolling", it is hard for one of my great age of 67 years to determine? What is a "troll" today is like trying to control tattoos upon the private parts of a woman's anatomy? smile

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2014 at 19:52
Originally posted by opuslola

TADR, I am mostly confused with the term "trolling", it is hard for one of my great age of 67 years to determine? What is a "troll" today is like trying to control tattoos upon the private parts of a woman's anatomy? smile
Ron

Trolling can also include posting info which is laughably stupid or wrong. But rather than prolong this off topic debate, I withdraw the comment.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2014 at 21:15

But the Bible is shy of the usage of the translated word "ark" in but a very few places, with the Ark of Noah, being the other well used example.

Can you give some examples where 'ark' is not used? My Bible mentions the Ark in quite a number of passages.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2014 at 21:44
But Sidney, as far as I remember, those references only concern two specific things, I.e. a boat, and some kind of conveyance carried by hand, for the Ark of the Covenant, etc.!

That is what I meant to convey!

Ron
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2014 at 06:16
Cheers opuslola. I misunderstood. Your comment implied a purposeful avoidance of the word when we would expect to see it used. But that is not what you meant.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2014 at 12:09
Originally posted by medenaywe

What is original name of Ark in ancient scripts?

I've read that in the Hebrew scriptures it is 'aron', or 'aron haqqodes' (holy ark).
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 18:20
And, can anyone shed any insight into any relationship with the word "aron" and the name "Aaron?"

Some name experts say that the name Aaron means "high mountain; exalted, enlightened" And the Biblical Aaron was the "mouthpiece" of Moses! In modern times a "mouthpiece" means "lawyer!" Smile!

So, when Moses smashed the original "Covenant Stones", he was forced to go and get a replacement or replica! So, technically there were two sets of stones, the original and the replicas! Smile!

So, perhaps one group gathered up all of the original stones that they could find, and another group endorsed the replacement stones?

Did Moses leave his "stones" with his attorney or mouthpiece?

Food for thought!

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 18:21
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 19:00
Originally posted by Sidney

Originally posted by toyomotor

Posts linking the Ark with The Stone of Destiny and then linking them to Tara, imo are trolling, pure and simple.

The Stone of Destiny, strictly speaking, is the Lia Fail - the coronation stone for the Kings of Ireland. It apparently still stands on the Hill of Tara in Ireland.

The Stone of Scone - the coronation stone for the Kings of Scotland - is a different object, although the Scottish chroniclers would have you believe that the Stone of Scone is the original Lia Fail and was taken to Scotland when it was settled by the ancient Irish. The present stone at Tara is an impostor.

The Ark of the Covenant is not a stone but a box. But it is linked to the Stone of Destiny because Medaeval mythologizers identified the Stone with Jacob's Pillar, set up at Bethel in Israel, which was brought by the prophet Jeremiah along with princess Tephi, to Ireland where it became part of the Irish regalia, before it eventually got taken to Scotland and became the Stone of Scone. As a sacred object to the Hebrew nation it is linked to the Ark, although I do not recall if they were ever meant to have been housed together. British Israelites like to believe Jeremiah brought the Ark to Ireland too, but this is not recorded in the chronicles (although they do mention the Stone).

1. The Stone of Destiny, sometimes called the Stone of Scone is NOT Irish and not connected with Tara in Ireland. It has no historical connection to the Ark of the Covenant. We're talking about different parts of the world here, parts that just simply do not connect.
2. Yes, The Ark of The Covenant is said to be a box with particular mountings, such as cherubim at each end etc. Again, no connection with either Scotland or Ireland.

I can't let this bastardisation of history go unchecked, it's nonsense!!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 20:52
Is there not meant to be a connection between The Stone of Destiny and The Ark of the Covenant in The Book of Tephi?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 21:43
Toyomotor wrote from the end of the word, these words;

"The Ark of the Covenant is not a stone but a box....'

Actually, I would say that most translations of these words end up being expressed in English as a "vessel!" And, indeed the word "vessel" is most oft use to describe a "boat" or a "ship!"

Thus in a remarkable turn, a Camel becomes a "... ship of the desert!"   I could easily suggest that the tamed Indian Elephants, could also be called a "vessel" or a "ship" since they could carry goods/stones over both land and water! smile

So! I just wanted to let you know that you should never ever take things at face value!

Does anyone know of "tamed" African Elephants? Probably not, but some historians have suggested there did exist a tamed version of this beast along the S. Med. area! smile

So, this idea is to conform to the old Hannibal crosses the Alps and penetrates deep into Italy, via the usage of this now extinct species!

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 21:44
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 22:47
opuslola, though you're right that a vessel is used to describe a boat or ship, it is usually accompanied by a significant adjective; sailing. A container would be a more appropriate word for ark, much in the way a blood vessel contains blood.

Btw, opuslola, say I doubt the existence of the famed Hannibal of the elephants over the alps legend, can you furnish me even one shred of contemporary evidence of his existence in order to change my mind?  
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:04
TADR! Do You doubt our contemporary and agreed upon HISTORY?

Well, you know I do so, doubt it!

It does remain a problem with the Elephants!

That is, there is no Elephant in Africa, extant today, that could have been used by anyone, not excluding Hannibal, that could do it!

Thus the supporting sciences seem to have created a possible source, which is a presumably extinct species of the Elephant that did exist at one time in N. Africa!

What a load of bull!

You may well see it, and so do a lot of others!

Not wanting to dig myself into a deeper hole, I remain your friend in historical truth.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 26-Jan-2014 at 23:10
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2014 at 23:14
And! It is funny that the word "container" was mentioned! LOL

Today, modern shipping Vessels carry "containers!" And they are also called "Container Ships!" LOL

The world going around in circles!

Ron
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 00:41

TADR! Do You doubt our contemporary and agreed upon HISTORY?
Well, you know I do so, doubt it!

It does remain a problem with the Elephants!

That is, there is no Elephant in Africa, extant today, that could have been used by anyone, not excluding Hannibal, that could do it!

Thus the supporting sciences seem to have created a possible source, which is a presumably extinct species of the Elephant that did exist at one time in N. Africa!

What a load of bull!

You may well see it, and so do a lot of others!

Not wanting to dig myself into a deeper hole, I remain your friend in historical truth.

Ron

Ron, you're starting to ramble again! Are you saying that the African Elephant is extinct.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 06:44
"Ron, you're starting to ramble again! Are you saying that the African Elephant is extinct."

No, just the separate genre that supplied Hannibal, etc.!
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 19:53

1. The Stone of Destiny, sometimes called the Stone of Scone is NOT Irish and not connected with Tara in Ireland. It has no historical connection to the Ark of the Covenant. We're talking about different parts of the world here, parts that just simply do not connect.
2. Yes, The Ark of The Covenant is said to be a box with particular mountings, such as cherubim at each end etc. Again, no connection with either Scotland or Ireland.

I agree that there is no historical connection with the Ark of the Covenant. And modern analysis of the Stone of Scone shows it was quarried from a local source.

Nevertheless, as I said, Medieval mythologisers (including the Scottish themselves) attributed its origins to Ireland and Israel. The "bastardisation of history" has a very long heritage.

toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 19:59
Originally posted by Sidney

I agree that there is no historical connection with the Ark of the Covenant. And modern analysis of the Stone of Scone shows it was quarried from a local source.

Nevertheless, as I said, Medieval mythologisers (including the Scottish themselves) attributed its origins to Ireland and Israel. The "bastardisation of history" has a very long heritage.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you wrote. I tend to get a little annoyed when people twist historical fact in order to meet their agenda, AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12