Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stone of Destiny - Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Explorer View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stone of Destiny - Scotland
    Posted: 23-Nov-2013 at 23:38
http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/episodes

Quote:
.... It was once kept with the Ark of the Covenant and both are rumored to have been brought to America. Scott's quest for the truth leads him to a sacred site in Ireland called the Hill of Tara....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ands-soul.html

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2013 at 16:55
Well, Scott Wolter would have made a good Arborist, he has an affinity for, and seems comfortable with, climbing out onto limbs.  Wink 

However, he like so many others who have investigated these things have focused only on the limbs, and miss the tree.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2013 at 20:04
"Well, Scott Wolter would have made a good Arborist, he has an affinity for, and seems comfortable with, climbing out onto limbs. Wink

However, he like so many others who have investigated these things have focused only on the limbs, and miss the tree."

I'd go far as to say that he can't even see the forest, let alone climb trees. This is just another attempt to bastardise history. IF the Ark of The Covenant exists, I'd like to see proof that it's in the USA. According to Ethiopians, it's at the ancient city of Axum in Ethiopia, where it has been since it was allegedly stolen by Menelik, Son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. IF IT EXISTS. The Stone of Destiny (or Stone of Scone) is allegedly in the British Museum in London. There is only a replica at Scone in Scotland.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2013 at 09:43
toyomotor, let us not forget that this is also the story that the Scots got wind of Edward's intention towards the stone, so replacing it and hiding the original.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2013 at 20:48
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

toyomotor, let us not forget that this is also the story that the Scots got wind of Edward's intention towards the stone, so replacing it and hiding the original.

Yes, so who knows which stone is the original? As for the Ark of the Covenant, I've wondered for years if the Ethiopians have it, why not provide evidence?
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2013 at 23:59

There are tons of Ark theories (Skull Hill (Ron Wyatt)*, a cave/room under Jerusalem now sealed with rocks/concrete (modern Jews)*, Engedi*, Qumran, between Jerusalem & Qumran (imaging)*, Nebo/Pisgah, Jordan church (via Vatican/Vandals/Byzantium), Ethiopia (Cornuke/Hancock)*, Tara, US/America (Mormons), Japan, Bethesda (one of my own), Pyrenes/Pacific (Hatcher-Childress/Lemurian Fellowship), destroyed/heaven (Revelation), Babylon, Sinai, Masada, halfway between Moses & Aaron's burial places (Pseudepigrapha), Galilee (Muslim), Vatican, Egypt (like Indiana Jones), Lemba, Arabia (think i saw awhile ago, might have been Hatcher-Childress)? UK (think i've seen/heard one similar to Tara one)?). There is also an "ark" depicted at Nabratein. The 5 most convincing ones are asterisked.

Though perhaps the "ark" in Ethiopia could possibly be the Table of the Sun mentioned in Herodotus?

Doubtfully, there could possibly be a connection of Tara and "ark" with Sarras and grail? (though Sarras seems to not be Tara but somewhere else.)

Just wondering if could be any connection of stone of Scone with the London Stone?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2013 at 15:21
I personally go with the Ark being at Aksum, Ethiopia.  Hancock was able to interview the priest who was the guardian at the time.  He [Hancock] was able to find out that the life expectancy of the Guardian after he was appointed, was relatively short.  The man he interviewed was going blind, his eyes were effected strangely, a condition he said was caused by the "Ark".  

I wonder if anyone has thought to do a radiation scan from outside of the compound.  There is definitely something inside the building, just what, who knows.  If it is in fact the actual Ark. perhaps it's good that it stays there. 

Other thoughts- The Ark was constructed of wood and covered with gold, and made by man to hold  the Covenant.  Perhaps it's not the Ark that is held in Aksum, but whatever was inside of it.

Last thought, there are some things we are better off not knowing the truth of.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2013 at 16:11
What is original name of Ark in ancient scripts?
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2013 at 20:16
Originally posted by medenaywe

As far as I know, it has always been called "The Ark of the Covenant". But I do get sick and tired of people staking American claims to having things of historical significance, without any proof. Posts linking the Ark with The Stone of Destiny and then linking them to Tara, imo are trolling, pure and simple.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2013 at 20:19
Red Clay: "Last thought, there are some things we are better off not knowing the truth of." That sounds like an American persons view of the CIA.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 00:27
It sounds like Man in Black answer:Never ask a question which answer you don't want to know!Wink
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 07:05

It sounds like Man in Black answer:Never ask a question which answer you don't want to know!Wink

OR, never ask a question to which you don't know the answer.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 15:16
Originally posted by toyomotor

As far as I know, it has always been called "The Ark of the Covenant". But I do get sick and tired of people staking American claims to having things of historical significance, without any proof. Posts linking the Ark with The Stone of Destiny and then linking them to Tara, imo are trolling, pure and simple.

I'm sick and tired of American bashing.  And fortunately, I decide what's trolling and what isn't.   
Unknown.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 18:14

Posts linking the Ark with The Stone of Destiny and then linking them to Tara, imo are trolling, pure and simple.

The Stone of Destiny, strictly speaking, is the Lia Fail - the coronation stone for the Kings of Ireland. It apparently still stands on the Hill of Tara in Ireland.

The Stone of Scone - the coronation stone for the Kings of Scotland - is a different object, although the Scottish chroniclers would have you believe that the Stone of Scone is the original Lia Fail and was taken to Scotland when it was settled by the ancient Irish. The present stone at Tara is an impostor.

The Ark of the Covenant is not a stone but a box. But it is linked to the Stone of Destiny because Medaeval mythologizers identified the Stone with Jacob's Pillar, set up at Bethel in Israel, which was brought by the prophet Jeremiah along with princess Tephi, to Ireland where it became part of the Irish regalia, before it eventually got taken to Scotland and became the Stone of Scone. As a sacred object to the Hebrew nation it is linked to the Ark, although I do not recall if they were ever meant to have been housed together. British Israelites like to believe Jeremiah brought the Ark to Ireland too, but this is not recorded in the chronicles (although they do mention the Stone).

Edited by Sidney - 02-Jan-2014 at 16:34
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 18:57
Originally posted by red clay

I'm sick and tired of American bashing.  And fortunately, I decide what's trolling and what isn't.   

So, there's obviously no room for others opinions!
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2013 at 19:23
i don't have strongs concordance to reference due to problems with windows 7/8 and new laptops for last year, but to answer the question since no one else has i think the ark's original name was tebah similar to ethiopian tabot(s) (is that why asked?), and maybe aron. There are a few different words for different arks in hebrew/bible.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2014 at 11:01

Originally posted by red clay

So, there's obviously no room for others opinions!

As there are many who make the same claims, without solid proof, why single out Americans?  Contrary to the opinions of the Euro Centric folks, North America did not exist in a vacuum until being rediscovered.
It's also been my experience that even when confronted with such proof, it's usually declared a hoax, or just outright ignored by said euro centrists.
It would seem that if a post doesn't conform to your thinking, it's trolling.  So who's trying to exclude other opinions?
You could express your ideas in a dozen different ways that wouldn't offend or exclude anyone.

You would do well to remember that Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. 

Unknown.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2014 at 20:59
red clay "It would seem that if a post doesn't conform to your thinking, it's trolling. So who's trying to exclude other opinions?"

Not me, read my post again, it was my opinion and I didn't ask anyone to agree with me or to disagree. End.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2014 at 21:56
It seems to me, that the so called "Ark of the covenant" was a "vessel" that was used to transport the sacred stones of Moses, albeit either the original smashed stones/tablets or the replacement ones!!!

It is clear from the Bible (most versions) that the Israelites carried these stones/tablets from place to place and used them for the power endowed from them. But the Bible is shy of the usage of the translated word "ark" in but a very few places, with the Ark of Noah, being the other well used example.

One must remember that the Bible recalls the capture of the "Vessel of the Covenant/ stones/ carved stones" by the Philistines at one time, but the tribulations that the Philistines received during their possession of this "Vessel" led them to return them to the Israelites.

If any of wish to do some research into those magical stones that are housed in Mecca/Makka today, might well find some similar events?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jan-2014 at 22:10
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2014 at 22:14

red clay "It would seem that if a post doesn't conform to your thinking, it's trolling. So who's trying to exclude other opinions?"

Not me, read my post again, it was my opinion and I didn't ask anyone to agree with me or to disagree. End.

Excuse me, toyomotor, isn't citing trolling an attempt to exclude the opinion of others?

Btw, in my opinion, such terms as "trolling" being used in the wrong hands tend to end up actually doing that which is being accused.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>