Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of language!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345346347348349 389>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of language!
    Posted: 17-May-2012 at 01:19
OK, "nei" it isSmile.
In RussiaN
nei-zbejnui - inevitable
nei-zmennui - invariable
nei-zmerimui - immense
nei-ziasnimui - inexplicable
nei-menie - want of something
nei-skrennui - insencese
nei-musthii - poor
nei-movernui - incredible

nei-skusnui - unskilled
nei-spolnenie - unfulfilled
nei-spolnimui - impracticable
nei-spravimui - incorrigible
nei-spravnost - disrepair
nei-ssiakaemui - inexhaustible
nei-stovstvo - rage
nei-stosthimui - inexaustible
nei-strebimui - ineradicable
nei-scelimui - incurable
nei-scherpaemui - with no end
nei-schislimui - innumerable

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2012 at 00:13
Let us finish our NeI and others Don!By the way put it here PuI from Polynesian languages.Smile
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 23:57
Originally posted by red clay

My name Red Clay translates out to- Elawo’diyi, in Cherokee.  The exact translation is "red earth place".

This name is some way reminds me of the Slavic Mother-Goddess whose name was 'Mati Suraya Zemlia" = "Mother Moist Earth" meaning "Mother Soil". She was envisioned as a older or a mature woman, and always in red-orange colors, or read hair
http://roduvera.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/woman_ploughing.jpg

This picture doesn't carry pasting, so here is the link to it:http://journeyingtothegoddess.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/pokrova.jpg?w=640

http://1000petals.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/mokosh.jpg

http://www.starisloveni.com/MaterZemlja.jpg

http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/upload/178103360233165670_0bfE37lJ_b.jpg

because red in the Slavic symbolism stand for life - women were given in marriage with a red scarf on their faces, and red embroidery covers the white shirts or both men an women - a typical Slavic ornamentation, as a magical method to ensure life and health for whoever is wearing them.
http://genuinewoman.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/vish12.jpg

On the other hand, the Slavic goddesses of youth, love and marriage were seen in green, with flowers and birds; while Mati Suraya Zemlia is in red like blood, life, toil, childbirth, soil - red like clay.
/I know that I'm off OP, I just couldn't resistEmbarrassed/

Edited by Don Quixote - 15-May-2012 at 00:26
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 23:34

DQ, don't know if you know about this site, it has a list of free dictionaries online.  It seems to cover all language groups, including Algonquian and all Amerind languages.

This is a great linkSmile, thank you, red claySmile!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 15:28
Nice link you posted here.Main problem in dictionaries is pronunciation:ancient language is language of phonemes,one sign one sound.Syllables were next:composition of complex sound structures under exact rules.Main structure is consonant+vowel/vowels.For example: T=consonant creates 8 possible syllables:T=dream Ta=beauty To=shelter Tu=noise Te=prediction Ti=innocence TOO=silence TEE=destiny,the written one! All syllables obeys predicative logic rule:From A,B!From A=adjective,B noun.Syllables are anagrams we need to solve.Precise meaning of anagrams is hidden inside words(sentences once) inside many languages spoken all around us.Big smile

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 12:04
This is probably not pertinent to what your looking for, but it is kind of neat.  I just ran through a Cherokee dictionary and gloss. 
My name Red Clay translates out to- Elawo’diyi, in Cherokee.  The exact translation is "red earth place".

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 11:00
Originally posted by medenaywe

I will be more precise:This was Demotic in 196B.C.Structures have been used by us till now.I really expect Egyptologists to show me pictures from ruins in Egypt that present hand made signs:Position of fingers and hands on it,left handed&right handed or both handed?!?Hieroglyphic scripts are also phonetic consisted from phonemes.We need remake here.Rosetta is evolution of human language scripts:pictures&syllables&one phoneme=one geometrical sign!?!But that's a lifetime reward for me.I am inside syllables of Demotic.Big smile 

Have you investigated Ogham?  It is supposedly a written form of signing.

DQ, don't know if you know about this site, it has a list of free dictionaries online.  It seems to cover all language groups, including Algonquian and all Amerind languages.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2012 at 00:43
Leia - Seed Victim - very fitting, the seed has to be sacrificed in the earth, it order to give a fruit, "naliat" one, mature fruit.
Joseph Campbell talks about this in his "Primitive Mythology - the Masks of God" - Persephone is the seed that has been sacrificed to the underground world for 3 months, and she is the rising stalk of grain that is cut/sacrificed again so that people have food/life. The facts of the dialectic of life - that one's life is another's death - has been known very well to the ancient cultures, who were schooled to accept that ruthlessness of life /unlike us, who always need to believe in some kind of happy ending/; and their mythologies were the educational material to forward that idea. Sacrifice was the base and the most important part of the Greek festivals, actually for all religions in all cultures in all times, from the stone-age rituals in the New Zealand/Australian aborigines and the Paleolithic Europe, the agricultural Fertile Crescent, all the way to Christianity and it's  mass/liturgy - symbolic acceptance of the sacrifice of Christ.

Edited by Don Quixote - 14-May-2012 at 00:46
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2012 at 11:35
LeIA=Seed victim!Smile
  There was no action in ancient Danayan's life that was not victim&sacrifice!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2012 at 11:32
ISLaM=First Her presence wings interior!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2012 at 11:24
I will be more precise:This was Demotic in 196B.C.Structures have been used by us till now.I really expect Egyptologists to show me pictures from ruins in Egypt that present hand made signs:Position of fingers and hands on it,left handed&right handed or both handed?!?Hieroglyphic scripts are also phonetic consisted from phonemes.We need remake here.Rosetta is evolution of human language scripts:pictures&syllables&one phoneme=one geometrical sign!?!But that's a lifetime reward for me.I am inside syllables of Demotic.Big smile 

Edited by medenaywe - 13-May-2012 at 15:01
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2012 at 02:53

Those words appear Polynesian, are you searching their roots? 

More like looking for their meaning  - are the words we use a result of random sound-making,/ like Aristotle suggested/, or there are meanings embedded in  them? If all humans came out from a little group in East Africa, then all languages came out from the original language of that group - what was than language? So, medenaye is doing reverse engineering with syllables, and I try to find him words from different languages, so he compares the meanings in their syllables.

Your idea for Polynesian is very interesting, thank youSmile;if I find online a dict for any language of that group I'll investigate it.Smile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2012 at 01:49
NeI&PeI&SeI&...Smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2012 at 19:02
I did a little looking, the tetun, or Tahitian language, doesn't have the letter P in it's Alphabet. ????

However, the Hawiian language does, and I found that Pui is a girls name and also a last or family name.  Couldn't find a def. matbe you can.

BTW- Hawaiian only uses 12 letters plus the vowels AEIOU

Lei is also an Hawaiian root word.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2012 at 18:10
Those words appear Polynesian, are you searching their roots? 
Unknown.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2012 at 17:55
In Bulgarian :
sei! = sow!;
sei-r - I know as a scene, circus, something funny to watch; like in "vij my seira"= "look how he is making a fool of himself"
raz-sei-vam - getting absent-minded

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2012 at 11:26
SeI-R(Turkish?!?)=look for other suffering=Long-Suffering sprout!?!Need more words!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 23:25
"SeI" meaning?!?SeI=From Loaded One,The First Her(One)=?

Edited by medenaywe - 12-May-2012 at 13:47
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 16:39
That's right, the Bulgarian words
po-leia= water plants; and
na-leia= plant growns and getting ripe /the same is used for female flesh too - "naliata jena"=" woman with a full figure"/
are connected with grouth from seed to full ripe state. One have to imagine what the product of the seed will be, since it's impossible to see it from the look of the seed itself.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2012 at 14:05
LeIKa=Seed Feature/Characteristic(LeI=From imaginative,The First(Her) One=Seed)We still say "Leia" for
young plant raising,don't we Don?Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 11-May-2012 at 14:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345346347348349 389>