Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images of Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images of Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 01-Sep-2005 at 09:10

Originally posted by Turkic10

Many of todays Turkic peoples are of mixed race and no longer look like the peoples of Genghis Khan's time. (Somewhere I have seen a Chinese account of the appearance of the 'Mongols' which remarked on hair and eye colors that they found surprising.) We should not be surprised at todays variations but Genghis Khan would be surprised to see todays Mongols.

Todays' Mongols may not resemble those of old. The new version are oriental and have incorporated Tungus and Chinese influences.

Hak-Khan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hak-Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2005 at 10:16
but its true that some turks in middle asia had mixed with mongols

but no other nation
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2005 at 21:53

Originally posted by Hak-Khan

but its true that some turks in middle asia had mixed with mongols

but no other nation

What about tatars in Crimia, Hak-Khan?

Do you also think that oghuz people didn't mix with mongol people's ancesters before their migration?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 04:07
We can't claim Turks or Mongols are original or mixed;they've always lived together in a very close relationship so that internal marriages have been observed a lot among them. But anyhow, expect a small part that have mixed with other nations like Iranians or Indo Europeans, they both belong to the same race (Yellow race); so they still remain pure in YELLOW RACE.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 08:56
Turks have mixed with any race when they deemed it beneficial. My understanding is that Khans of old sent their son's off for marriage with daughters of various imperial dynasties for the sake of harmony, credibility, land and power. They also raided other tribes for brides. The ancient Turk dynasties were of various religions. Predominantly shamanistic and animistic. Once the majority of Turks became moslem, the rate of interethnic marriages dropped dramatically.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 13:38

Hi there all my fellow turkish brothers i have realized all the pics have been from central asian turks and non from caucauss.. well here are some of my favourite pics..

Above is picture of azeri guerrlia fighter i think from himmat group, who tried to fight for azeri independance before soviets took over.

Azeri musicians

More muscicans.

Me! at the top ) a proud azeri..

We should post more pics of western or oghuz turks

Edited by Arpad
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 16:30
Welcome to the forum Arpad and nice pics!
Sultan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 20:15

Nice Picture Aprad : )

Turkistan is a door to two worlds,
Turkistan is a cradle of the Turks,
Living in beautiful Turkistan
Is Tengri's blessing to the Turks.

FREEDOM FOR EASTERN TURKISTAN
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2005 at 13:28
Not all those Khans sent their sons abroad; just a few of them... as I've noticed.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2005 at 02:21

Dont forget these turks )

And these

) comon ppl post pics of turks..even if it means posting pics of urselfs,...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 02:18

Turks going from East toward the West

Dilnaz, Uighur Singer - Living in Kirgizistan

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

Tatar Singer Alsu from Kazan, Tataristan

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Turkish Actress  Duygu from Istanbul, Turkey

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

Some Turkish men, from my favorite soccer team Besiktas (images taken a few years ago)

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 23:55
Originally posted by Tatar

Turks going from East toward the West

Dilnaz, Uighur Singer - Living in Kirgizistan

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

Tatar Singer Alsu from Kazan, Tataristan

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Turkish Actress  Duygu from Istanbul, Turkey

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

Some Turkish men, from my favorite soccer team Besiktas (images taken a few years ago)

dilnaz is not from kirgystan ,she is from kazkakitan !!!!!!!!1

alsu is not tatar although she is from kazan !!!

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 23:58
Originally posted by Arpad

And these

you like tarkan ?  he is over the hill !!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 00:54

About Alsu, excerpts from her biography
"When you look at her long enough, Alsou kind of looks like a blended version of Christina Aguilera and Emmanuelle Chriqui; she doesn't have typical Russian features. Her complexion and hair are darker as befitting her Tartar origins."
--------------------------------------
"Alsou Safina Tenisheva was born in the Russian region of Tatarstan, in Bugulma, on June 27, 1983. Alsou means "the rose water" in the Tartar language. Like most people in the Soviet Union, Alsou grew up in poverty with her two brothers, Marat and Renard. In fact, until the age of 8, she lived with her grandparents in Siberia."
Link: http://www.askmen.com/women/singer_200/230c_alsou.html

---------------------------
You are right about Dilnaz, she is currently living in Kazakistan, but Dilnaz Ahmadieva's origin is Uighur.

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 06:32

About Alsu, excerpts from her biography
"When you look at her long enough, Alsou kind of looks like a blended version of Christina Aguilera and Emmanuelle Chriqui; she doesn't have typical Russian features. Her complexion and hair are darker as befitting her Tartar origins."
--------------------------------------
"Alsou Safina Tenisheva was born in the Russian region of Tatarstan, in Bugulma, on June 27, 1983. Alsou means "the rose water" in the Tartar language. Like most people in the Soviet Union, Alsou grew up in poverty with her two brothers, Marat and Renard. In fact, until the age of 8, she lived with her grandparents in Siberia."
Link: http://www.askmen.com/women/singer_200/230c_alsou.html

---------------------------
You are right about Dilnaz, she is currently living in Kazakistan, but Dilnaz Ahmadieva's origin is Uighur.

I have all of alsu's albums ,actually we called her ancy !!!! almost her songs are russian except one song ,anyway i always think she was russian ,let me ask my russian friends first ,!!!!

one more thing ,there was a saying it is "if you split a russian ,you can find a tatar inside "!!!

where do you come from?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 10:07

Perdon,

My grandparents are from Penza, Russia.  Like thousands of other Mishar Tatars they moved to China after Russian revolution.  My parents were born in China, and moved to Turkey in mid 1950.  I grew up in Turkey, and currently living in the USA.

Actually  Marat Safin is also Tatar that many people think he is Russian.

Many people have mixed in many places, there are many Tatars that look Russian and vice versa.

Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 22:08
Originally posted by perdon

And these

you like tarkan ?  he is over the hill !!

actually i like the girl who is next to tarkan

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 22:49

My grandparents are from Penza, Russia.  Like thousands of other Mishar Tatars they moved to China after Russian revolution.  My parents were born in China, and moved to Turkey in mid 1950.  I grew up in Turkey, and currently living in the USA.

So,dear friend, you are the offspring of those Tatar people. The Uyghurs highly esteem their role in the new education system during early to mid 20th. We loved them from our heart, and we still do.

Either make a history or become a history.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 23:03

Me! at the top ) a proud azeri..

You just look like  a friend of mine, Turghun. He is Uyghur, BTW. 

Either make a history or become a history.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 06:07
??? i look uyghur
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>