Print Page | Close Window

Images of Turkic Peoples

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: General History
Forum Name: Historical Pictures Gallery
Forum Discription: Post and discuss images of historical places, arts and maps...
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3007
Printed Date: 28-Mar-2024 at 08:35
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Images of Turkic Peoples
Posted By: AyKurt
Subject: Images of Turkic Peoples
Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 09:20
Post here pictures of the Turkic peoples

-------------
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Replies:
Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 09:20

Kyrgyz girl

Kyrgyz children

Kyrgyz family

Krgyz man with a skinned sheep hanging from his yurt

Kyrgyz Shepherdess

Kyrgyz man

-------------
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 09:46

Sari Yugur Turks

Yugur woman

Sari Yugurs

Yugur woman

Yugur couple

More Yugurs

Yugur girl

Yugur woman

Yugurs

Yugur girl

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 11:03

Father and Daughter Khakass musicians

Dolgan

Khakas Shaman

Khakas Shaman

hakass

Hakass Women praying

-------------

Posted By: perdon
Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 22:39
  1. MY dear uzbek nationality

Date Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 23:31
Uyghur

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 07:20
Very nice photos . I will send some soon in my first spare time.

-------------

Posted By: Elanjie
Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 08:45
I think they are of turkic, but no relevace with Turkey people.

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 10:17

Originally posted by Elanjie

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE RELEVANT BECAUSE TURKS DIDN'T STAY IN A REGION AS MUCH AS CHINESE, JAPANESE, OR IRANI. 

TURKS WALKED THE EARTH

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 10:27

Turks are nomads from ancient times, and I can easily say that most of Turkic people still live a semi-nomadic lifestyle. Turks are everywhere, as a result of all these great migrations and long history. Today, An Altay Turk dont look like an Uygur Turk, an Uzbek dont look like a Bashkurt Turk, and a Turkey Turk dont look like a Kyrgiz Turk. But this doesnt matter, because after all these migrations and land adoptments, intermixing is quite natural. The thing that makes you a Turk isnt your look, or your current lands. The thing that makes all these people from all over Asia and even some regions in Europe is the common ancestry, common culture and historical bonds btw us. Because the most useful and specific ability of nomadic men is the amazing ability to adopt a land, a new lifestyle and synthesize the new civilization they met with its own easily...

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 17:12
Some photos of Tofalar

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 17:32
Some Tofa Shamans

-------------

Posted By: King Chulalongkorn
Date Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 16:43
Very nice photographs. I see such a great similarity with the Turkic people and their culture as well as the Mongolian with that of the native Americans. Interesting..

-------------
Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 19:59
Chuvash

-------------

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 16:32
Originally posted by YAFES

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE RELEVANT BECAUSE TURKS DIDN'T STAY IN A REGION AS MUCH AS CHINESE, JAPANESE, OR IRANI. 

TURKS WALKED THE EARTH

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

IRANI WALKED THE EARTH TOO :::: FROM CHINA TO FRANCE. lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 17:44
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

IRANI WALKED THE EARTH TOO :::: FROM CHINA TO FRANCE. lol.

-------------

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 18:25

Arabs walked the earth too

well the old world

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 19:58
Originally posted by azimuth

Arabs walked the earth too

well the old world

Come on Azimuth, where did Arabs walk? "Talas War" on the east, to Andalucia on the west. More? Yeah Southern Anatolia on the north (that Yavuz Selim I settled the last time), to north Africa on the south., Well the old world you say is just bounded by middle east and africa.

But, Andalucia is just not the entire europe, huh!!!

Turks started in the Altaic mountains 10.000 years ago, many arrows spreaded around;

North; Syberia(entire)

South; India(entire), Persia(entire)

East; Europe(entire), Eurasia(entire), Middle East(entire), Africa

West; China, East Turkistan(entire) and America over Bering Strait(Ice)

Anyone who compares?

-------------

Posted By: Feramez
Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:28

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:29
I think that qualifies for walking the Earth.

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:40
yeah, that's the map i love the most

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:46

Out of interest which ancient Turks went to Iberia, Britain and Denmark etc?

Originally posted by Feramez

-------------

Date Posted: 06-May-2005 at 12:13
the ones who went there mixed and perished, not to remain significant in history

-------------

Date Posted: 06-May-2005 at 12:42

Well, how do they know they went there, what tribe was it? Surely they know that much.  Otherwise Greeks can say they sent a man on the moon, but he perished and no trace remains.

I can tell you about Alan Iranians in Spain and France; King Sanganeh was the first to defeat the Huns in Europe (France).

-------------

Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 10:47

Yeah, I said they didn't remain, but who really remained are "Native Americans". Their genetic structure fits Central Asian Turkic Peoples.

-------------

Posted By: aknc
Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 12:44
how did they het there?

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 12:54
They crossed the Beiring Strait about 10-15thousand years ago.  This was proven through archeological finds, cultural and linguistic similarities and recently, genetic testing.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 22:23
yes that is true that us native americans have great similarities to central asian peoples, and it comes from Bering straight migration.  But to say they are Turkic is kind of a stretch, the migration to the Americas took place before there was such a thing as a descernable Turkish ethnicity.  So while native Americans are from the same origins as Turks it doesnt mean they are Turks.  Its like saying all people in the world are Eastern African because they came from there.  For all we know the ethnicity that gave rise to Native Americans may have dissapeared in the old world and only survived in the new.  We really need some prrof either way before we start making claims with certainty.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 00:47

Originally posted by AyKurt

i think you made some mistake here ! first the last pic of Yugur ,I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .and what's hell wrong with you ?Can't you tell the difference between Uyghur and Yugur?they are too different!who took this pic?

and the first pic of Kyrkhis ,do you really think she looks like kykhus .take a look at what she wears !

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 01:26

Originally posted by Tobodai

yes that is true that us native americans have great similarities to central asian peoples, and it comes from Bering straight migration.  But to say they are Turkic is kind of a stretch, the migration to the Americas took place before there was such a thing as a descernable Turkish ethnicity.  So while native Americans are from the same origins as Turks it doesnt mean they are Turks.  Its like saying all people in the world are Eastern African because they came from there.  For all we know the ethnicity that gave rise to Native Americans may have dissapeared in the old world and only survived in the new.  We really need some prrof either way before we start making claims with certainty.

Noone said they are Turks, I've gone through this same probelm with others.  When this subject comes up, people assume we say Native Americans are Turks.  They were Turks, after thousands of years evolving isolated from Turks, they gained their own identity, but their roots in most ways are Turkish.  At the time they migrated there was a Turkish culture, the word Turk might not have been around, but for all we know there might have been another word to catorgorize us.  The title doesn't matter, all that we're stating is that we share the same history at one point and the same culture.  Even today, nomadic Turks and Native Americans share many similarities between one another.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 04:55
True, but Im not sure if there were Turks 10-15,000 years ago, thats before even Sumerians existed.  There were steppe people, but rather than being Turks they were liekly something that became both Turks and Native Americans.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:39
There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. Moreover, still China and Russia are hiding a lot of valuable documents and remains about Turkish history.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:44
Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years. Not an unconcious people who didn't know their children would be called Turks, but concious on their name were TURK.

-------------

Posted By: Beylerbeyi
Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 08:24

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. ... Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years.

Hey don't forget the dinosaurs. They were Turks too...

-------------

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:30
Funny, Beylerbeyi, but somehow I take you for the French ghetto who delivered the lie that Mary Antionette said "..so let them eat cake, haha!!!"

-------------

Posted By: Ionian
Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:35
this map is a little exaggerate! no?

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:41

It's not exeggerete. What makes you think so is the endo-morphine rush in your veins.

-------------

Posted By: aknc
Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 10:17
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. ... Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years.

Hey don't forget the dinosaurs. They were Turks too...

you certainly are

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Posted By: Kenaney
Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 12:17

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. Moreover, still China and Russia are hiding a lot of valuable documents and remains about Turkish history.

Some chinese resourses say that the Uyghurs had a big empire 17 000 years ago. ANd did you know some places in China where you CANT take ANY pictures or movies of the stuff thats there?? Most of those places are in Xing Yang (near mongolia and kazakhstan) like the mysterious wite Pyramids there.

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:06
Originally posted by perdon

i think you made some mistake here ! first the last pic of Yugur ,I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .and what's hell wrong with you ?Can't you tell the difference between Uyghur and Yugur?they are too different!who took this pic?

and the first pic of Kyrkhis ,do you really think she looks like kykhus .take a look at what she wears !

Firstly take a deep breath and relax, when you calm down and behave a little civilised then take a look again at the post.  You will notice that i wrote the ethnicity of each photo underneath the picture.  the last pic i forgot to type the girls ethicity.  the Yugur girl i was refering to was the picture right above it and not the last one.  Obviously she is not Yugur.

As for the first kyrgyz girl, i got the photo from this website
http://www.dostuck.com.kg/old/
If you have a problem with it take to them.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:13
As for the last girl, i got the picture from this site
http://www.toreigeland.com/2004/gallerypeople.html

It says shes a Yugur girl but obviously thats a mistake i assume he meant Uyghur, this is why i never wrote her ethnicity, but thank you for pointing out that shes not Yugur.  Oh and yes Yugurs are not muslims they are Buddhist with traditional animist beliefs.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:45
Originally posted by Kenaney

Some chinese resourses say that the Uyghurs had a big empire 17 000 years ago. ANd did you know some places in China where you CANT take ANY pictures or movies of the stuff thats there?? Most of those places are in Xing Yang (near mongolia and kazakhstan) like the mysterious wite Pyramids there.

That's very true, I went to East Turkistan(Xinjiang, China) this summer and there were many places where I wasnt't allowed to take pictures of any kind.  The Chinese government is hiding a lot of information about Turkish history, they even went as far as buidling a FAKE stone city to "prove" the Chinese were there a lot longer than the Uygurs.  It's very obvious it is fake, you can find pics of the area before the contruction with nothing there, and now suddenly an entire city just pops out of nowhere.  Turks were around 10-15thousand years ago, we just didn't have the name title "Turk".  This word was discovered to come about no earlier than the 6-7hundred A.D.  That doesn't mean the culture and language didn't exist.

Date Posted: 09-May-2005 at 05:55

Originally posted by perdon

Firstly take a deep breath and relax, when you calm down and behave a little civilised then take a look again at the post.  You will notice that i wrote the ethnicity of each photo underneath the picture.  the last pic i forgot to type the girls ethicity.  the Yugur girl i was refering to was the picture right above it and not the last one.  Obviously she is not Yugur.

As for the first kyrgyz girl, i got the photo from this website
http://www.dostuck.com.kg/old/
If you have a problem with it take to them.

I am not geting angary ,but just I just suggest you guys going to central asia to see those people ,that will be helpful to you guys.

if I make you upset ,I am sorry!

Date Posted: 09-May-2005 at 14:14
I should say sorry, maybe i took it the wrong way.
I would love to go to Central Asia and Siberia unfortunately for many people including myself thats not really an option right now, so the next best thing from actually being there is to see pictures of the many Turkic peoples with their own cultures which is why i started this thread

-------------

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 12-May-2005 at 23:26

Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years. Not an unconcious people who didn't know their children would be called Turks, but concious on their name were TURK.

Romans and Greeks are successors of Turks...do you have a link to the thesis?

The Turkish identity did not exist 10,000 years ago. There were people in Central Asia obviously, but they were not known as 'Turks', the same way Urartians were not considered 'Armenian'. Do you know how many times the culture of Central Asia evolved until it became to look remotely Turkish?

And someone else said that Native Americans have Turkish blood in them... again, Asians crossed the Bering Strait, but they were not Turkish. They were actually a people from present-day Korea. And even this 'ancient korean' blood is only found in fractions of percentages. And they have nothing to do with Koreans.

Not every Asian or European ethnicity is related to Turks just because some of them mixed. Because then, by this logic, present-day Turks in Turkey are successors of Greeks and Armenians. Yes they mixed, but Turks are not successors of Armenians and Greeks, just as Romans, Greeks, Native Americans and other Asians are not successors of Turks. Blood doesnt mean anything, its culture, because EVERY ethnicity is mixed in one form or another.

There was no distinction of ethnicity 10,000 years ago, because thats when agriculture had just been created. Therefore, there was no such thing as a 'Turk', 'Greek', 'Roman', etc. Yes, these ancient peoples were our ancestors, but culture-wise, they have nothing to do with any of us.

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։

Posted By: OSMANLI
Date Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:37

"Culture-wise they have nothing to do with us" of course they do, they were the people that laid the foundation for our culture.

Anywho, this topic is for Turkic images, which i would like to see more of.

Below is an image in Uruchi, Eastern Turkestan. These Turks are playing sheep-tusling.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:09

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Romans and Greeks are successors of Turks...do you have a link to the thesis?

The Turkish identity did not exist 10,000 years ago. There were people in Central Asia obviously, but they were not known as 'Turks', the same way Urartians were not considered 'Armenian'. Do you know how many times the culture of Central Asia evolved until it became to look remotely Turkish?

And someone else said that Native Americans have Turkish blood in them... again, Asians crossed the Bering Strait, but they were not Turkish. They were actually a people from present-day Korea. And even this 'ancient korean' blood is only found in fractions of percentages. And they have nothing to do with Koreans.

Not every Asian or European ethnicity is related to Turks just because some of them mixed. Because then, by this logic, present-day Turks in Turkey are successors of Greeks and Armenians. Yes they mixed, but Turks are not successors of Armenians and Greeks, just as Romans, Greeks, Native Americans and other Asians are not successors of Turks. Blood doesnt mean anything, its culture, because EVERY ethnicity is mixed in one form or another.

There was no distinction of ethnicity 10,000 years ago, because thats when agriculture had just been created. Therefore, there was no such thing as a 'Turk', 'Greek', 'Roman', etc. Yes, these ancient peoples were our ancestors, but culture-wise, they have nothing to do with any of us.

They came from Southern and Northern Siberia, not Korea.  I've heard a lot of theories on their origins, but you're the first I've heard say Korea.  You don't like reading full posts, do you?  I didn't say their Turkish, I even said the word Turk wasn't even around yet to identify us.  What I said was that at that time, there was a common Turkish language and culture.  The Native Americans still share many similarities with Turkish culture, mainly Shamanic.  Even some within the language, but that is only a handfull.  DNA tests have been done and Native Americans match with those of Turks in Central Asia, mostly from Kazakistan and north of the country.

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 05:33
In addition I didn't claim Romans and Greeks were successors of Turks. I just mentioned some hypothesisses on the issue to impress the depth of Turkish history.  And yeah it's older than 10000 years.

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 06:42

I dont think the Greeks and Romans are the successors of Turks. And neither we are the successors of them.

And @ Armenian survival:

You are right about the common ancestry thing. And the ethnicities werent differed that much in the 10.000s B.C. But the Turkish/Turkic identity and even the names derived from the root "Tur" has been existing since ancient times.

Native Americans didnt immigrate from Korea, but from souther Siberia and Altay region.

And even if the Urartu civilization had lots of things in common with current Armenians, their language was certainly not Indo-European. So we cant consider them as proto-Armenians, but maybe the ancestors of Armenians mixed with them and adopted some of their culture.

-------------

Posted By: Hardel
Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:21
crazy turk's stupid map.

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 18:35

I didn't say their Turkish, I even said the word Turk wasn't even around yet to identify us

I know, Feramez. My post was not directed toward what you said, it was just a general statement, because many people think they are directly related to these people .

but you're the first I've heard say Korea.

I was told in college that they came from northeast Russia/Korea. It is hypothesized that they migrated because they did not have enough of a food supply in their current region, because people dont just get up and migrate so far for no reason. Central Asians would have had to travel thousands of miles east. The people from Korea still had to travel extremely far, but a lot less than it would if they were from Central Asia. Im not saying you're wrong, just sharing something that i heard in class, and the reasons behind it. Btw, i said Central Asia, what i meant was Western Mongolia (Altai).

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And the ethnicities werent differed that much in the 10.000s B.C. But the Turkish/Turkic identity and even the names derived from the root "Tur" has been existing since ancient times.

They might have had the "Tur" identity since ancient times like you say. The only thing i am trying to say is that the definition of what it means to be a "Tur" has changed dramatically over 10,000 years. They didnt speak a language that is even remotely close to Turkish, and their culture was completely different, seeing as agriculture did not exist at that time (or was in its very early stages). If there is no agriculture, there is no social stratification (distinction of social classes), and societies were egalitarian (equal). Besides a general name "Tur", they dont have much in common with the people who inhabit the land today . Cultures evolve, and populations mix. Yes, they are your ancestors, but all im saying is that they have mixed countless times and their culture has changed and evolved in ways that cannot be documented. There is nothing wrong about saying that these people are your ancestors, but to say they are Turkish is completely different.

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And even if the Urartu civilization had lots of things in common with current Armenians, their language was certainly not Indo-European. So we cant consider them as proto-Armenians, but maybe the ancestors of Armenians mixed with them and adopted some of their culture.

Yes, you are right, seeing as Urartu is not the only ancestry Armenians claim. We trace back our ancestry to the indiginous tribes of Hayasa-Azzi (we call our country HAYastan, and ourselves Hay, pronounced "high"), Nairi (common Armenian woman's name), Arme-Shupria (Armen tribe, hence 'Armenia'), and Uruatri (Urartu). Im sure there are more, but these are the main ones.

When you mentioned "Tur", i am assuming that is why the land east of the Caspian is called Turan. And obviously Turkistan, etc.

I was wondering, do Turks of Turkey still consider Central Asia to be their homeland? What im trying to say is, are people actively interested in travelling there as some type of pilgrimage to find their "roots", or do most people just show allegiance to the nation of Turkey? I am curious as to how this idea of ancestry is displayed in your culture.

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 00:14

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 05:02

Originally posted by Hardel

crazy turk's stupid map.

Who do you think you are?

Do you think if TseTung and Stalin didn't support your realm of dune, could your hands write it anyway???

Just stop spamming (so writing...) and pray the god for that communists found your primitive people profitable for the ideology and for that I'm not there.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 11:06
 When did you arrive to chukotka,malay,scandinavia, and britain. Don't lie.
Our opinion is free and different than nationalist  violate idea. Who believe your wrong map.
Do you think Mongols are primitiv ethnic. Are you sure?
Our society is better than your dictatorial  kingdoms of Uzbekstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmen,Kazahstan.

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:15

Besides the needlessness of discussion about your society, it seems you didn't read what the hell was written all over this topic and just looked at the last threads to decharge your uncivilizated attitudes.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:18

And I don't have to lie to you, especially someone whose job is to spam.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:20

Look, everyone here responds threads with reasonable paragraphs, not with insultings. Learn to speak first ok, then come here and discuss.

-------------

Posted By: OSMANLI
Date Posted: 17-May-2005 at 12:21
Hardel, your really trying your best to fit into the barbarion sterotype of Mongols arnt you?

-------------

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 10:03
Could you tell me who created that map?
I can allow Tuva, Turkey, Uzbek and every turkish nation are oneethnic. But that map is too extravacancy.
How prove turks started 10000 years ago? How prove early people of Malay, America, eastern and north  Africa, China, Britain and Scandinavia were Turks?

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 12:43

Could you tell me who created that map?
I can allow Tuva, Turkey, Uzbek and every turkish nation are oneethnic. But that map is too extravacancy.
How prove turks started 10000 years ago? How prove early people of Malay, America, eastern and north  Africa, China, Britain and Scandinavia were Turks?

Good, you've learnt to speak at last.

1) That and that kind of maps are created by "Turkish Association of History", Turkish academic departments of history and western sources they take as reference.

2) Noone here claimed that England was Turkish, nor the map claims. What that map tells you is where and how turcic tribes immigrated throughout the old world. And of course some remained and some perished.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 14:51

dear my friend Hardel,

that map doesnt say all the world people are Turks or something similar to that, it says Turks did spread alover the world. If you dont believe me they are some citys with Turkish name still existing in those country's like:

"Trkheim" in France/Germany, in Great-Brittain/USA are some people called with surname "Turk" in Finland theyre are some places called "Turkki" in Spain they call the bask people "Turks" (the Turkish flag in their football stadiums), in Belgium is a city called Faymonville and those people claim that they are TUrks, dress like Turks, dans and celiberates festival like the Turks do, in USA we have the Melungeons WHO ARE TURKS!! And at least search TURKS and CAICOS islands, why they called that name? 

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 15:07
I have always wondered why that island is named Turks and Caicos.  Have you found out why or know of a source that'll explain it?

Date Posted: 19-May-2005 at 15:24
I don't know meanings of that names. I would like ask you''Do you know meaning of names of that countries?''.
How and when turks did arrive there?
When did nascent turk ethnic and turk name?

Date Posted: 20-May-2005 at 13:57
AyKurt wrote:
I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .

he said right  !

im an uyghur,  that girl is uyghur,not yugur . she is making a doppa,a kind of hat .

i think that gallery which this photo taken made a mistake .

-------------

Posted By: blitz
Date Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:22

This is the most stupid map which I have ever seen. Only stupid and nationalist turks can create such map!  But I must say : It was very funny!  

-------------
Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!

Date Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:37
Yeah funny like youre name

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Date Posted: 22-May-2005 at 10:00

Originally posted by blitz

This is the most stupid map which I have ever seen. Only stupid and nationalist turks can create such map!  But I must say : It was very funny!  

Hey people see,

we have a brand new bandit here. Probably in few days he'll get the hell lost.

so, don't waste your precious times for these ghetto rats.

We should take them as what they are: "Bandits"

So I suggest Imperator Invictvs and Cyrvs Shahmiri to ban this miserable little rat.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-May-2005 at 10:13

Originally posted by Ionian

this map is a little exaggerate! no?

No it isn't! There is something that can explain it all: The Boeing 747!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 22-May-2005 at 11:29

Zagros Purya and other secret unemployed ones;

You're expected to bring here some knowledge and discuss with ideas and poins of views which I see you're not able to. About 10-15 days ago Iskenderani was warned as a result of his unability to discuss.

Say something meaningful/intelligent/humanly/brainly or just shut up and find a den to spam!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23-May-2005 at 05:29

Hey people see,

we have a brand new bandit here. Probably in few days he'll get the hell lost.

so, don't waste your precious times for these ghetto rats.

We should take them as what they are: "Bandits"

So I suggest Imperator Invictvs and Cyrvs Shahmiri to ban this miserable little rat.

What is wrong with you? 

It is your problem, if you believe in such crazy, stupid and pan-turkic map.

Nobody believes it, stupid and little turkic boy with deseased brain!    

-------------

Date Posted: 23-May-2005 at 06:31

That and that kind of maps are created by "Turkish Association of History", Turkish academic departments of history and western sources they take as reference.

Turkish Association of History ?

I think, Turkey has great historians!           

-------------

Date Posted: 23-May-2005 at 08:01

As I said before,

SECRETLY UNEMPLOYED

BAN HIM, CYRUS...

-------------

Date Posted: 27-May-2005 at 11:34
 I don't believe  ''Turkish Association of History'' did creat  that map.

Date Posted: 27-May-2005 at 15:01

Ok, Hardel you're in Istanbul and I'm in Gobi.

-------------

Posted By: kermit_criminal
Date Posted: 27-May-2005 at 16:39

As I said before,

SECRETLY UNEMPLOYED

BAN HIM, CYRUS...

nothing they have said in this thread is a banable offense, i think you are just too sensitive when people critiize something having to do with your country. You are doing just as much insulting, if not more

Date Posted: 28-May-2005 at 09:51
Glory ''Turkish Association of History''.

Date Posted: 28-May-2005 at 16:54

Turkish Assosiation of History or with the original name: "Trk Tarih Kurumu"(TTK) was founded by Mustafa Kemal Atatrk and makes scientific  studies of history. I don't know what's funny with this but maybe it is sourced by some feelings of "loser" psychology. And one more thing, I'm not ought to prove or correct or confirm anything. Knowing the truth is a personal labour.

-------------

Posted By: Sultan
Date Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 16:23

Hardel

i Dont Know Why You Are So Angry From That Map ! The Brothers Told You The Reason Of It ... Why You Are So Angry From The Turk People ! You Should Be Angry Man From The Russians And The Chinese ... They Are The One Who Took Your Lands And Killed Your People All Over The History ! i am Uyghur And i Like The Mongolians And Thier Great History And Warriors ... Just Remember That The Russians And The Chinese Are Our "Turks & Mongols" First Enimiese.

Why All The People Are Against Anything Related To Turks ! Specialy The So Called Europeans !!! lol Is It Because Attila "The Huns" Is It Because Of The Mongols Armies !!! Ofcourse Yes.

Anyway Hardel ... Freedom For Inner Mongolia.

-------------
Turkistan is a door to two worlds,
Turkistan is a cradle of the Turks,
Living in beautiful Turkistan
Is Tengri's blessing to the Turks.

FREEDOM FOR EASTERN TURKISTAN

Posted By: Alparslan
Date Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 01:38

I am not in favor of showing some specific nations as enemies....

I think today we do not have serious problems with China and Russia. Moreover we should be careful not to be a "tool" serving other imperialistic powers who want to come into the region. So please be careful about the matter.

This map seems like exaggeration. But we know that Huns have gone into France and Turks might go to Spain in times of Andulus. In Baltic Sea Karaim Turks still live. In Egypt Mameluks and in India just look at Moguls, a Turco-Mongol empire erected Taj Mahal and during Ottoman times they went into Africa too.

But when did they go to Finland, Britain or southern China, I do not know?  Drawing a map like this cannot be used to explain history. It is just a fanatical map..... May be it was a response to Aryan history of Europe........

Date Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 03:07
Originally posted by Alparslan

But when did they go to Finland, Britain or southern China, I do not know?  Drawing a map like this cannot be used to explain history. It is just a fanatical map..... May be it was a response to Aryan history of Europe........

THey did go to Finland, just look at the Tatars there living and also they speaking when the Turks/Huns did massive movement they even went to the deapest lands of China...

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 10:08
I'm not don't like turk people. But we must write just right. 

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 16:38
Originally posted by blitz

This is the most stupid map which I have ever seen. Only stupid and
nationalist turks can create such map! But I must say : It was very
funny!

I will not call it stupid (show respect to others views,)but I would like to know what the source is. I know the Huns made it as far as France but they were repelled by the Romans. There is a small population of Swiss who have the blue spot found on the bottoms of newborn Mongoloid babies; they are descendants of the survivors from Attilas army. They intermarried with the native Germanic people in that area. I tend to think this map is an exaggeration because according to this map the Irish and Scottish are Turkic vs. Indo European, I do not believe this to be true. Besides, even if you could present compelling evidence it would still be theoretical. The Scots and Irish of Today are a blend of various Indo Europeans races and possibly pre-Indo Europeans such as the Picts. I did a paper on the Picts, what a mystery!! There is still some dispute as to whether the Picts were Indo-European or Pre Indo-European. I will have to start a thread on this one.

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 17:40

eaglecap, noone claimed those places are turcic. as I expleained before, some kept permanent, and some perished. so I don't even expect to find turcic genes in irish blood. 

but bulgarians and hungarians are excellent examples for the middle of perishing and staying.

-------------

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 18:56
It is possible but until I see some theories that are valid I will not believe that the Turkic tribes ever made it so far into Europe. I do not believe the Celts were there first but pre Indo European or West Mediterraneans, as we call them, were, but I have never read any theories about a Turkic connection. I agree with you about the Bulgarians and Hungarians but that was later in history. I do not think they were ever in Ireland but I could be wrong, I have a wee bit Irish in me.

Posted By: gok_toruk
Date Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 11:06

Dear All,

Hi there. Well, I was wondering if this was a good restart; anyhow that's what I did!!!

Oghuz (Turkmen) girl in Kazakstan.

and this is my cousine(on the right) , wrestling!!!

-------------
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.

Date Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 11:33

Dear All,

Hi there. This is my second 'picture post' today; write and and tell me what you think about it.

(Oghuz) Turkmen girls & Boys; University: 

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 23:19
Originally posted by gok_toruk

and this is my cousine(on the right) , wrestling!!!

Who won the match?

Posted By: Murtaza
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 03:46

Yes, They looks like almost  equal. I bet right one!

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 06:52
Hey,this migraiton map is partly true,Turks migarated to the India,Siberia etc. but it is pretty  nationalist;Turks did not and could not migrate to Portugal

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 08:35

Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

Hey,this migraiton map is partly true,Turks migarated to the India,Siberia etc. but it is pretty  nationalist;Turks did not and could not migrate to Portugal

I agree. I dont think any Turks in history have arrived and settled in Britain in history, except the immigrant workers...

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 03:43

Dear Feramez,

Hi there. How's it going? Fine, I'd hope. Well, Murteza was right; my cousin was the winner of this contest. Now, not to show off; but he's really a good wrestler. Take good care and just take it easy.

Kind regards,

Iltirish

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 04:33

Wasnt this topic about photos of Turkic people? So I will continue with the original topic...

A kyrgiz man...

A view from a Kyrgiz village, Central Asia...

Kirghize woman in Chakhrisabz. The cradle of the Kirgiz tribes is located along Ienissei (Yenisey), in southernmost Siberia, and their slow migration in direction of south-west. The Kirgiz are a few hundreds of thousands in Uzbekistan.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 06:57
The picture in the middle of the Kirgiz village has a very beautiful view in the back.

Posted By: kermit_criminal
Date Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 16:14

Yeah, I said they didn't remain, but who really remained are "Native Americans". Their genetic structure fits Central Asian Turkic Peoples.

http://cita.chattanooga.org/mtdna.html - http://cita.chattanooga.org/mtdna.html

Polynesian Links?

To their surprise, however, the researchers found that native Siberians lack one peculiar mutation that appeared in the Amerinds 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. This raises the question of where, if not from Siberia, this mtDNA originated.

It turns out, Dr. Wallace says, that this particular mutation pattern is also found in aboriginal populations in Southeast Asia and in the islands of Melanesia and Polynesia. This hints at what may have been "one of the most astounding migrations in human experience," he says. A group of ancient peoples moved out of China into Malaysia where they became sailors and populated the islands of the South Pacific.

Then some 6,000 to 12,000 years ago these ancient mariners made it to the Americas. "I don't know how they came," Dr. Wallace says. "They either came across the Pacific to Central and South America or they went up the east coast of Asia and across the northern Pacific to Alaska and Canada," he says. He already is examining mtDNA samples from natives of the Kamchatka Peninsula north of Japan to see if there is any mtDNA trace of these ancient sailors.

Date Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 07:40
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Dear All,

Hi there. This is my second 'picture post' today; write and and tell me what you think about it.

(Oghuz) Turkmen girls & Boys; University: 

HEY ,GOK_TORUK

i LIKE THE GIRL BEHIND WHOM  IN PINK!!!!!is SHE RUSSIAN OR OGHUS?

Posted By: minchickie
Date Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 06:21

Im Hungarian but noone can ever tell for sure what i look like, I hear Turkish, French, alot of things, This is me. What do you think? (but also, my family in Hungary came from small villages and never really mixed with many outside people. We dont even Know  the rest of our family such as great grandparents or anything. They were  quite in a struggle mostly during the war. This is my picture, You dont have to call me pretty or ugly, lol just maybe what nationality i  look like im from. Im curious. Thanks.

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 15:49

minchickie,

1-)You are really pretty.

2-)Welcome

-------------

Posted By: erci
Date Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 20:57
can't say french...but wouldn't surprise if you said you're Turkish

well, apart from that you look alot Hungarian as well

Posted By: minchickie
Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 00:46

Thank you very much. I am glad to join!

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 14:21
she looks like my sister, lol

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com