Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who listens more to prayer, Satan or God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Who listens more to prayer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [9.76%]
16 [39.02%]
4 [9.76%]
17 [41.46%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who listens more to prayer, Satan or God?
    Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 15:28

assuming they do exist, then satan since most people's prayers are selfish.. he answers the prayers of the corrupt and greedy, get's them off the hook but int he end they will pay the ultimate price! eternity in hellfiiiiire

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 02:10
Originally posted by Seko

Originally posted by morticia

Neither exists. God and Satan are religious perceptions of "good" and "evil".

So you say!

For believers, everything comes from God. Humans can appreciate the good from God and become aware of the bad from within.

Or percieve evil in God and good within. That's pretty more common.

Anyhow, from a theological or philosophical approach. Within is as godly as God... so where is the diference?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 10:35
Though everything comes from God, people tend to take credit for themselves for the good and blame anyone or anything they can for the bad.
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 11:10
In the traditional religious monotheistic view, Satan stands for evil as God stands for good. I couldn't disagree more. First, (I am speeking as a believer), God created everything, be it good or bad. That includes Satan or blis. Now, you could view this in many ways but I opt to be as more rational as possible. Satan stands for all that a human being can do wrong, but the human being has always the power to revert the situation. One can always consciously chose his/her way. That's the whole point. If not, there wouldn't be any point in a Judgement after life. All God's scriptures are also a product of their time (including the Qur'an to me). This may sound haeretical and some muslims could call me a kafir, but I think we must consider both the time and the culture where the Scripture was revealed - I'm not denying the Scripture. I believe in the Qur'an! Many stuff is alegorical and many stuff can be re-interpreted and re-translated.
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 11:21

As a muslim i believe strongly in Allah SWT..

whtever good come from HIM...and whtever bad is from my own weaknesses.. wallahualam...

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 12:52
Originally posted by Seko

Though everything comes from God, people tend to take credit for themselves for the good and blame anyone or anything they can for the bad.

Or vice versa

While I don't value greed and vanity, I don't appreciate self-mortification either.

Good and bad, both, either come from God or from us. Personally I think that the diference between good and bad is overemphasized (manicheism) and that those two concepts are basically individually or socialy subjective.

Individually, what harms me is bad and what benefits me is good. There's no absolute divide between both as what is benefic in a one case can be mortal in another. There's no poison, only dose.

Socially what harms the society as a whole is bad and what benefits it is good. Sometimes the social good is opposite to the individual one and vice versa. In many cases though both are convergent, at least if society and individuals have a good symbiosis.

In any case there's a big deal of subjective judgement in that division that is in the end mostly arbitrary. For instance I have decided (my ethics) that goodness is a compound of freedom, truth and social justice, yet for others my values can be evil or just it is very dificult to decide when some practical case fits or doesn't inside such values.

World is not black and white but multicolor.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 15:16
Originally posted by cahaya

whtever good come from HIM...and whtever bad is from my own weaknesses..

This is one of the things I dislike most in Abrahamic religions. Not only is it logically impossible (how can there be evil when God is bothomnipotent and omnibenevolent?) but I also stongly dislike this kind of self-humiliating from a moral point of view.
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 15:27
Both good and bad potentially exist in every human being. Humans can chose either way throughout their lives, some times interchangeably. God created all, but He told us what kind of behaviour expects from us. So, it is up for man to chose his way. God will judge in the end.
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 15:44
IMO, God and Satan were just created by people who wanted an explanation for the events in their world. Religion is just an attempt at expalining what at the time is unexplainable. Science later comes along and shows us the real truth

Edited by Illuminati
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 16:07
There are things that science can't explain (And I'm certain it will explain more in the future) - the meaning of life, of existence, the origins of the universe, why do we even exist, and so on. Science is observable real truth. It is not contrary to the notions of God. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12