Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who listens more to prayer, Satan or God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who listens more to prayer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [9.76%]
16 [39.02%]
4 [9.76%]
17 [41.46%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who listens more to prayer, Satan or God?
    Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 22:17
Inspired by a post in the "What religion are you?" thread. (Great point, Paul )

Edited by hugoestr
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 23:09
neither exists, though Satan seems more in touch with reality so if they did exist he would probably listen.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 00:42
'Niether' exists, but according to all the myths, it seems as if satan is generally more interested in us..
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 08:13
They both listen as much to prayers as I do: not
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 08:13
Niether. Prayer is an early basic form of meditation, indeed, some monks/nuns (and their equivilents in otehr religions) used (and still use) extended uninterupted prayer for just that.
Arrrgh!!"
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 08:26

Here is an Islamic understanding of who listens to prayers.

Progressive Muslims (en)

Chapter 3

3:38 It was then that Zachariah called on his Lord, he said: "My Lord, grant me from You a good progeny, You are hearer of the prayers."

10:89 He said: "I have answered your prayer, so keep straight and do not follow the path of those who do not know."

Chapter 41
41:51 And when We bless the human being, he withdraws and turns away, and when he suffers any adversity, he implores in long prayers!

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 09:47
Cool, Seko! Thanks for the link. It is nice to see another sacred text for a change.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 11:07

According to the Satanic bible Satan is good and it was he that created the world.

Then God who is really the evil one came along and decieved man into believing the opposite and told man to do all sort of attrocities in his name.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 13:12

God listens to Prayer.

Satan only cares about himself, that is why he was banished from heaven.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 14:24

Prays are a requested brought to the attention of God.
The human being is free to take any path that he wants, to face situations accordingly with his capabilities and morality. However, prays can give relief during darker hours, because it's a request from a child to his Father.

My Father was raised on the mexican country side during 1920's and 1940's. I recall one time he was pointing out the importance to pray to say thanks to God. He used an example. He said:

" Have ever fed a Pig ? No ?, well, then let me you what is the first thing that a Pig will do. It will give you a look before start eating. Therefore, if even a Pig will look at you to recognize or thank you for the food, then, we as persons should be more gratefull with God and thank Him for everything".
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 17:03
Well,Paul,you have a point.In the religion of Christianity,those people who fought under the name of god really have done more atrocities than people in the name of the devil.I believe in neither of them,and I say neither.God surely isn't doing those people in the Southeast Asia Region any good,and Satan has ceased to exist,only in the human mind of "sin" and destruction.I say neither.

In Honor
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 08:24
From a believer's point of view: God, obviously. The believers seek refuge and guidance in Him. All prayers and worship acts are directed to Him only and only He has the power to answer them. blis is just a creation from God, whatever may be the perception you have of it.
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 10:19

When a person prays, he is definately getting closer to God, not satan. satan would do anything in his power to prevent u to pray to God or, hehe hate to say but, make u deny God totally which u guys are doing, LOL

so if u listen to Satan its simple forget about God, but if u want to get closer to God then u must pray coz tahts the onli way, wether ur a christn muslim, jew watever. prayer is teh key and God listens to it, not satan.

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 10:27
Sometimes, God's greatest gift, is an unanswered prayer.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 10:44
Originally posted by Paul

According to the Satanic bible Satan is good and it was he that created the world.

Then God who is really the evil one came along and decieved man into believing the opposite and told man to do all sort of attrocities in his name.

so what this bible is saying is that basically satan is god and god is satan? so then whats the difference? im sure satanic churches pray to satan as well.

also, i think instead of niether of them listening, or just one of them listening, i think instead that both of them are listening to us.

Edited by AlbinoAlien
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 10:49
I just think many people tend to overemphasize Satan. Satan was created, he didn't create anything. He is one of God's creations, not otherwise.
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 11:02
Neither exists. God and Satan are religious perceptions of "good" and "evil". (IMO)

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 11:41
Neither exists. Mari is the true and only Godess. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 12:29

Originally posted by morticia

Neither exists. God and Satan are religious perceptions of "good" and "evil".

So you say!

For believers, everything comes from God. Humans can appreciate the good from God and become aware of the bad from within. We reap what we sow. The notion of responsibility has such consequences.

I assume by saying neither exists you may mean so as real entities. That is an opinion you have given us with very little backing of your own to go on though.

Even if you only look at them as perceptions, they still exist. Hence your connection of them equaling good and bad.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 15:11
Seko Wrote: "That is an opinion you have given us..."

That is correct, Seko. It is my opinion and I apologize for not having emphasized that in my post. Thank you for bring it up!

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>