Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost Polish territories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
The Golden Phallanx View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost Polish territories
    Posted: 16-May-2005 at 22:32

Really? I thought you are quoting it.

What are you talking about?

Originally posted by mosquito

Originally posted by The Golden Phallanx

Do not try and downplay my father, they left because the country was raised to the ground and the Soviets were coming with murder on their minds. Only a fool would stay, but I guess you would have, that also makes sense seeing what you are.

So? most of the Germans are fools only your father was smart. Prolly he did somthing really bad during war and had no choise but escape to Canada. Along with those who escaped to Argentina.

Just a little prejudice don't you think? Weren't you calling my father rubbish previously?  Actually my father was 4 years old when the war ended. His crime might have been having too much baby fat. Not sure what you're referring to You jump to many conclusions kid.

My grandfather on the other hand was a technicien before the war and his family, so my father's during his youth, was very well off and had such things as a vacuum cleaner and a house water system. When the war began; he, like many other brain washed intellectuals as ironic as that sounds, joinned the nazi ranks and trained Luftwaffe pilots. Midway through the war he finally decided to stand up agaisnt what he did not agree with which was what he was seeing and basically the Nazi ideal. Sadly, he did not fully understand how criminal the nazies were and so endured much scrutiny by the Nazies and it is believed that had Germany won the war, he'd be executed for treason. So maybe this standing up agaisnt the Nazi overlords is the crime you're referring to?

In any case, you have no business speaking of my father or grandfather were you to choose to comment so I will kindly ask you to shut that frightiningly ugly black hole in your face. You will be doing both of us a favour. Poor kid, and if you have some german blood in you, all kool, but it's not really important because it is the spirit of freedom for germany that counts.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Fr das Deutsche Vaterland.
Danach lat uns alle streben,
Brderlich mit Herz und Hand.

Anyways, this isn't a discussion anymore but jsut you two loners attempting ot mock me so I'll leave it at that. And Temujin, you can hate me all you like but don't hate your coutnry because I love it. [Modern dya germany you idiot!] Most germans I've met are amazed to find someone of german descent who can still speak german in the american continent, that is why I usually get along well with them, I myself always looking to better my speach. I'll take ntoe not to bring up anything historic between the years 1871 and 1991 seeing how this is the period you ppl love bashing yourselves, a hobby I haven't quiet mastered yet.

Edited by The Golden Phallanx
We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 03:50
And another piece of advice, "GoldenPhallanx"! If you want to be accepted as a German, do never, ever, I repeat, never, ever, mention "Oktoberfest" in a conversation with Germans. Only hard-core Bavarians and Foreigners(Yanks,Aussies and such) go to the or an "Oktoberfest". "Real" Germans avoid it like the plague!

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 15:37
aye, big time!
Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 17:29

lol, This is rather funny. I wanted to mention my family hosts an oktoberfest for all the german studying university students simply because most students around here enjoy getting drunk so in order to encourage people into taking german we host it to give them a taste of german culture. haha Now naturally, seeing how I'm a "rubbish" "stupid" "german" son of an immigrant, I dont' know everything which goes on in Bayern as you people but just to let you "true germans" know (cough cough*I smell nazism cough cough*), this isn't like a barf-all-over-the-place fest it's a have a good time and try out some german food fest. So it can't really compare to the real thing unfortunatly lol, I'm kidding! The german house is a very popular one at this university and we have an exchange program with a german university in Baden-Wurttemberg where my father goes to visit quiet often being the head of the departement. Anyways, I have read however read that certain provinces in China and Indonesia have adopted the oktoberfest festival and import much german bear so I mean you might disagree with the alocohol and swine meat but you can't deny business

We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 18:40

(cough cough*I smell nazism cough cough*)

Nonsense. Nazis based the concept of nationality/ethnicity on genetic makeup, which would make you German (or at least more German than you are now). Komnenos and Temujin however, base the concept of nationality on culture, making nationality relative.
In other words: if Temujin and Komnenos really are nazis they would have called you German.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 20:58

Originally posted by Komnenos

And another piece of advice, "GoldenPhallanx"! If you want to be accepted as a German, do never, ever, I repeat, never, ever, mention "Oktoberfest" in a conversation with Germans. Only hard-core Bavarians and Foreigners(Yanks,Aussies and such) go to the or an "Oktoberfest". "Real" Germans avoid it like the plague!

May I ask about why dislike Okoberfest? Do they not celebrate it or.. can you explain a little bit on this?

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 12:57
I can't answer for Komnenos but not the whole rest of the country dislikes it. It is a Bavarian celebration but as far as I know it is spreading all over germany. Many germans do celebrate it. The reason why I can imagine it must be disliekd in some parts is simply because of the excessive drinking which leads to much vandalism and abuse and crime in general so with ruffians, it can be a very inproper occasion. In most cases however; it isn't that bad and is just a time to sit back, enjoy a good meal and socialize and sing.
Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 13:02
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

(cough cough*I smell nazism cough cough*)

Nonsense. Nazis based the concept of nationality/ethnicity on genetic makeup, which would make you German (or at least more German than you are now). Komnenos and Temujin however, base the concept of nationality on culture, making nationality relative.
In other words: if Temujin and Komnenos really are nazis they would have called you German.

That's not at all what they were said. What you've just explained here is my argument which is to be german does not require german blood but the spirit. Notice my quote from the german athem. They were justifying who is german by blood. Plz reread what has been posted:

Originally posted by the golden phallanx

...and if you have some german blood in you, all kool, but it's not really important because it is the spirit of freedom for germany that counts.

Edited by The Golden Phallanx
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 17:25

Originally posted by strategos

May I ask about why dislike Okoberfest? Do they not celebrate it or.. can you explain a little bit on this?

because it's something exclusively bavarian, and bavarians are rather different from other Germans, but foreigners who don't know the difference between German "tribes" think it's an all-German thing. let's best compare it with Christopher street day, all homosexuals in the US celebrate their affiliation that day and eventually it became so popular that it was exported and now is celebrated all over the (free) world. but nobody would considder Christopher street day a typically American thing, it's just some small group.

They were justifying who is german by blood.

no we did not. I know Turks born and raised up here that are perfectly German, they even speak local dialects etc. they're by far more German than you, and contrary to what you believe, it was their parents and other Hilfsarbeiter that helped rebuilding the war-torn Germany after WW2.

Edited by Temujin
Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 22:22

K for one, you have no idea who I am so you might as well stop coming to conclusions about how german and how you want to mesure it I am, because you sound like an idiot.

Secondly, when did I say immigrants did not contribute in rebuilding germany to what it is today? I never said anything about them! Listen you can bash me all you like but at least stay on topic!

Thirdly, stop putting words in my mouth! You seem to think that every random comment you make I automatically think the contrary. Read what I say and stop referring to some imaginary voice inside your sad excuse of a head!

yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 12:31

Just in case this post was directed at me...

Originally posted by Mosquito

Well, if i was a german i wouldnt dare to say anything on this subject.

Poland lost 6 million citisens and most of them were murdered by Germans and Russians. Poland lost its eastern territories because of joined invasion of Germany and Russia. Just for fun Germans razed some cities to the ground. Think about Warsaw. Germany exploited Poland and its people during 5 years long ocupation and so far didnt pay anything for the disaster which brought to my country. Germany drafted 250.000 polish citisens to Wermaht, claiming that they are Germans not Poles.

The lands which Stalin, FDR and Churchill took from Germany and gave Poland covered only a small part of this what Poland lost due to German agression. And stealing polish eastern provinces had no real excuse because Poland was in the victorious camp in that war and shouldnt be treated as defeated enemy. Claiming that multinational habsburg monarchy had any rights to Lvov i find ridiculous. Russia, Prussia and Austria all together simply jumped on the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania and stole what wasnt their. You should remember that Prussia was nothing more but revolted lenient of polish and lithuanian kingdom and existed only because of the mercy of king Sigismundus the Old. Gdansk was a polish city which during partitions had no will to join Prussia and Prussians had to besiege it.

Germany so far didnt pay even part of its debt for the disaster it caused during 2 WW. Whats moreGermans had the help of USA after the war when Germany was rebuilding itself while Stalin in the name of Poland refused any american help and benefits of Marshal plan which were offered to us. If it wasnt enough for 50 years my country was exploited by Soviet Union like a colony and Russians were taking from us whatever wanted for free.

So before you say anything my german friends just think what your parents and grandfathers did and consider the fact that we are still suffering consequences of their dirty war.

Right now major of my city decided to count how much my city lost due to german agression and occupation. Who knows, maybe my city will sue Germany for the war reparations.

No need to exaggerate your victimhood, really. Esp. regarding those polish citizens with german nationality, whether they were conscripted to the Nazi armies or whether they are included within the number of six million dead polish citizens. It's well-known what Poland's attitude and actions towards its dear german-speaking minority were like, before and especially after WWII. If you have an axe to grind (which definitely would be understandable, esp. had you lived back then), it is probably better (for you) to leave poland's pre-WWII german minority out of it.

btw. my grandfather spend his time in some Sturmgeschtzersatzkompanie in southern France, just in case you wanna know.

Anyway, this topic - as far as I have understood - is not about who did what wrong, but about which territories Poland has lost. However, Poland has not only lost territories, it also has gained some. It has gained territories, which it later lost, right after WWI, and has gained other territories right after WWII. If you want to start re-changing your borders, you really shouldn't be so offended if others get similar ideas.

P.S. and don't say Germany paid nothing to poland after WWII. It got all the german areas east of the Oder(Odra?)-Neisse(Nysa?)-line (if you have doubts about who inhabited those territories, just look at the results of the respective post-Versailles referendums), except the northern part of east prussia.

Knight
Knight

Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 15:05
Bravo! Well said Yan
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 16:09
Originally posted by yan.

No need to exaggerate your victimhood, really.

sounds very nice from german mouth. Yes, no need to exaggerate number of murdered people.

Esp. regarding those polish citizens with german nationality, whether they were conscripted to the Nazi armies

My grandfather was of polish nationality but was conscripted against his will to Wermaht. He was simply informed that is german, not polish. And my grandfather didnt spent his time in France but on eastern front.

It's well-known what Poland's attitude and actions towards its dear german-speaking minority were like, before and especially after WWII.

Sounds hitlerish. I guess the Poles put 3 millions germans to gaschambers. Germans have every right to kill Poles because misstreated Germans minority.

P.S. and don't say Germany paid nothing to poland after WWII. It got all the german areas east of the Oder(Odra?)-Neisse(Nysa?)-line (if you have doubts about who inhabited those territories, just look at the results of the respective post-Versailles referendums), except the northern part of east prussia.

Yes i know. Germans rebuilt Poland. As for the lands it were given for exchange to Poland. Altough Poland didnt like this exchange it was decided by Stalin, FDR and Churchill and noone asked the Poles. So blame them not us. Those territories were already robbed by the Red Army.

As for reparations you didnt pay any. My grandfather also didnt recive any compensation and almost finished in Siberia. 

yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 12:26

No need to exaggerate your victimhood, really.

sounds very nice from german mouth. Yes, no need to exaggerate number of murdered people.

So then, why did you?

Esp. regarding those polish citizens with german nationality, whether they were conscripted to the Nazi armies

My grandfather was of polish nationality but was conscripted against his will to Wermaht. He was simply informed that is german, not polish. And my grandfather didnt spent his time in France but on eastern front.

He was probably lucky that he wasn't kicked out of the country after WWII.

It's well-known what Poland's attitude and actions towards its dear german-speaking minority were like, before and especially after WWII.

Sounds hitlerish.

I always found whining about how bad one's respective country has been treatened nazi-like. It's a common characteristic of extreme nationalism throughout the world, be it Germany, russia, japan or china.

I guess the Poles put 3 millions germans to gaschambers. Germans have every right to kill Poles because misstreated Germans minority.

Actually, I was trying to say that Poland shouldn't complain about how germany treated Poland's german minority. Polish complaining about how germany treated Poland's jewish minority doesn't sound that convincing either, given events like in jedwabne. Poland certainly wasn't in a state of brotherly love towards its minorities before wwii. That's not to relativize any of the gruesome crimes germany comitted. maybe about who has the right to hold a grudge because of what.

Yes i know. Germans rebuilt Poland. As for the lands it were given for exchange to Poland. Altough Poland didnt like this exchange it was decided by Stalin, FDR and Churchill and noone asked the Poles. So blame them not us. Those territories were already robbed by the Red Army.

As for reparations you didnt pay any. My grandfather also didnt recive any compensation and almost finished in Siberia. 

[/quote]I don't think wehrmacht soldiers did get any compensation (could be wrong here, however), no matter if they wanted to be part of it or not.

I don't blame anybody. I just don't think you have the right to tell anybody to shut up when talking about lost territories. polands relations to nazi germany weren't all that bad before 1938, poland even was willing to get its deal out of the destruction of czechoslovakia by the munich agreement, so there would be enough reason for a certain degree of constraint. 

btw. your putting the blame of Russia's treatment of poland on Germany is just as nonsensical as Golden Phallanx blaming Hitler on the winners of wwi. there's certainly a connection, but the responsibility is clearly somewhere else.

Edited by yan.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:15

I don't think wehrmacht soldiers did get any compensation (could be wrong here, however), no matter if they wanted to be part of it or not.

I dont care for german soldiers. They were fighting for their fatherland and their nazi party. My grandfather was polish and had polish surname which even doesnt sound german. In his company his german comrades were calling him "verfluhte Pole" or somthing like that.

He was probably lucky that he wasn't kicked out of the country after WWII.

He was in prison and later escaped from transport which was going to Siberia.

Actually, I was trying to say that Poland shouldn't complain about how germany treated Poland's german minority. 

And Germans shouldn't complain about how Poland treated german minority.

Polish complaining about how germany treated Poland's jewish minority doesn't sound that convincing either, given events like in jedwabne.

Such things didnt happend when Poland was independent but when it was ruled by Germany. And it were Germans who were inspiring such events.

Ill tell you one example. Just after begining of occupation in Warsaw one polish criminalist attacked a jew and robbed him. Polish courts were still working. Polish police arrested the bandit and took him the the court. Polish judge found him guilty and sentenced him for prison. What was the final of this story? Germans executed polish judge.

Also polish underground state was giving death sentences to those who were denouncing Jews and those sentences were being executed.

Maybe you right that there was no love towards national minorities in Poland but there was also no such persecuations like those which took place in Germany. Polish Jews were safe and safe was their property untill Germans came and did the same what did few years earlier in Germany.

As for Czechoslovakia Poland only took back this what Czechoslovakia has stolen in 1920 when the whole polish army was on the eastern front fighting against soviets. It would have probably ended in war but french mediators enforced peace. Afcourse it was stupid and unnecessary but polish goverment in 1938 saw it in the different light.

And when i said that your accusations for mistreating german minority sound hitlerish i just said truth. It was part of the nazi propaganda. Affcourse it wasnt enough. Germans dressed its german criminals in polish uniforms and ordered them to kill some peaceful germans in Gleiwitz radio station to proove how murderous towards Germans the Poles are.

polands relations to nazi germany weren't all that bad before 1938

Because you wanted to change us into allies just like you did with Hungarians and others. When you saw that we wont be your allies and that we refuse to give you even a piece of polish soil you decided to exterminate us.

Altough, after all i want to stress one thing. This discussion slowly change into very nationalistic quarell. Im not a real nationalist and i feel no hate towards Germans or Germany. It is just this discussion which turns into bad thing.

Edited by Mosquito
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:31

I dont care for german soldiers. They were fighting for their fatherland and their nazi party.

Bullsh*t. Some did, surely, but don't believe for a second that every single German was a no-good Nazi schwein. Most were normal people who didn't want to have anything to do with it, just like your grandfather.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:35
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

I dont care for german soldiers. They were fighting for their fatherland and their nazi party.

Bullsh*t. Some did, surely, but don't believe for a second that every single German was a no-good Nazi schwein. Most were normal people who didn't want to have anything to do with it, just like your grandfather.

So at least they fought for their country. My grandfather wasnt German. And was telling it them really often.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:45

So at least they fought for their country. My grandfather wasnt German. And was telling it them really often.

True that, maybe I misenterpreted your post a bit, but I really don't think those Germans were more happy to be there than your grandpa
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:47

Here is my grandfather in polish and in german uniform:

Edited by Mosquito
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 14:52
He sure looks happier in the Polish one..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>