Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAncient Jews were Kurds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Jews were Kurds
    Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 06:28

All I know is that Abraham is the father of the Hebrew nation. And he is from Kurdistan. He was born in Riha. Riha is a Kurdish city in western Kurdistan.

Hebrew name for GOD is YAHWEH. Yahweh is a Hurrian word (Hurrian GOD) and it dates from the Abraham times. It's from upper parts of the north Mesopotamia.

Also there is a genetic bond betweet the Jews and the Kurds (Medo-Hurrians).

Last year I saw a Jewish documentary on the Dutch national television network, where it was said that Jews are the offspring of the Kurds from Aram-Naharaim / Kurdistan (Mesopotamia).
If you understand Hebrew, it's literally said that Jews are descendants of the Kurds. So if Jews are saying that and want to be Kurds, who am I to refute that.

You can find this statement at 25:50 (25 min. 50 sec.) in this documentary here:

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 06:58
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 08:13
No they were NOT.  You seem to mix up the ancient people with todays Kurds, the Hurrians were not reffered to as Kurds.   Georgians and other caucasians descend from the Hurrrians, what they are also Kurds? LOL.    Also what the hittites were Turks?

Kurds are partly Hurrians, the Hurrians and other ancient people were not Kurds, do Kurds speak a Caucasian or Semetic language? Do Kurds have a Caucasian culture? No.   You seem to be like the Kurdish historian Izady, claiming every people that inhabitated Kurdstan as Kurds.

Edited by Ince - 11-Feb-2011 at 08:25
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 08:46
Originally posted by Ince

No they were NOT.  You seem to mix up the ancient people with todays Kurds, the Hurrians were not reffered to as Kurds.   Georgians and other caucasians descend from the Hurrrians, what they are also Kurds? LOL.    Also what the hittites were Turks?
???

Even Jews are saying that they are descendants of the Kurds.

Kurds have Hurrian and Median genes in them. Hurrians were our ancestrors, and they came from, and lived in Kurdistan.

And no, Hittites were not Turks. But some modern Turks are Hittites. Hittites are their ancestors, they live on in Turks. Like Hurrians live on in Kurds.

Hurrians are not dead, they're not vanished. They live on in Kurds, they passed their genes to us. Why don't you understand that? Hurrians evolved in Kurds.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 09:11
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 08:49

Do Kurds have a Caucasian culture? No.
Yezidism maybe has got Caucasian / Hurrian roots. And Yezidism is a distinguish Kurdish religion, only Kurds are Yezidis. Hurrians worshiped a sky god, Teshub.

Where do you think the sun on our Kurdish flag is from? This shows a continuation of the Hurrian culture...

The sun (represents our religion, the Yezidism) is a continuation of the Hurrian culture. The sun = Hurrian!!!

The extraordinary legacy of the Hurrians to the contemporary Kurdish culture is manifested in mythology, religion, martial art and genetics. Religious symbols are ever present in the Kurdish art, while nearly 65 percent of Kurdish names are of Hurrian descent.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 09:11
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 09:32
Those sites just repeat what Izady was saying, I am sorry but I do not see any similarties between Caucasians and Kurds.  Izady claimed that the Kurdish tribe Barzani is the name of the Hurrian god, but we can find Iranic terms of it as well, it even sounds Iranic.   Sun worship was practiced by many people. you can also find the picture of the sun in the pre-1979 iranian flag and other early iranian dynastys, the sun is also in reliefs in a Median tomb, that you had showed me on another thread.    Izady is criticized by many people for making up alot of what he wrote to glorify Kurdish history, their might be some Hurrian in the Kurds, but not the way izady said it.   Y

Scythian mythology and Yazdanism

Yazdanism is a conventional name for the pre-Islamic religion of the Kurds, before it developed into three branches of Ezidism, Yarsanism and Alevism, now practiced by small communities in central, southern and northern Kurdistan, respectively. A peculiarity of these religions which they share together and basically originates from Yazdanism is belief in a heptad of divine beings. In Ezidism for instance, the world is in the care of a Heptad of seven Holy Beings, often known as Angels or heft sirr (the Seven Mysteries). Preeminent among these is Tawûse Melek or Melek Tawus, literally meaning ''The peacock angel''.

In Scythian mythology, which is sporadically known through Greek sources, a heptad of seven deities are worshiped, greatest of all being ''Tabithi'' or ''Tabiti'' who was ''queen of animals'' and ''godess of fire''.

Besides the resemblance of the name which fully corresponds with Kurdish historical phonology (b> w, θ>s, hence: Tabithi > Tawus), both divinities have smiliar characters: being the greatest of the heptad and queen of animals (peacock has been often described as such).

One more amazing similarity is that in the Scythian mythology, the heptad divinities each represent a planet, as in Ezidism in which each divinity has been created in a week-day, (week-day names basically represent planets).  

Another Scythian goddess, "Api", depicted as having snakes instead of legs (image), precisely corresponds with the famous Kurdish mythological character, "Shameran".
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 09:35
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

???

Even Jews are saying that they are descendants of the Kurds.

Kurds have Hurrian and Median genes in them. Hurrians were our ancestrors, and they came from, and lived in Kurdistan.

And no, Hittites were not Turks. But some modern Turks are Hittites. Hittites are their ancestors, they live on in Turks. Like Hurrians live on in Kurds.

Hurrians are not dead, they're not vanished. They live on in Kurds, they passed their genes to us. Why don't you understand that? Hurrians evolved in Kurds.

So what if they are saying it? it does not mean anything what other people claim.
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 12:38
I don't know about the Scythians, but Hurrians always lived in Kurdistan. I think the Scythian origin of the Kurds is just a myth, and nothing more. I'm not such a supporter of the Scythians.

Yezidi Kurds have just 1 GOD. The one who created the Kurds. And that is Ezide Sor ( (X)Gode Shams = Sun GOD ). When we pronounce his name we refer to the sun. Hurrians did the same with their sky GOD, Teshub.

Meleke Taus is the chief angel of 7 angels. He is the ruler of this planet and maybe equal to GOD in power. And we don't choose between Meleke Taus or Ezide Sor. We love them both. But Meleke Taus didn't create the Kurds, that's why he is not our GOD.

I think that the Yezidism as a religion is much older than Scythians. Yezidism is a pure Kurdish religion that has got it roots in Kurdistan. The Yezidism is thousands of years old.
I don't think that Scythians have their roots in our beautiful country. They came from somewhere else.

BTW, I don't exclude that the proto-Kurds influenced the Scythians and the Medes.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 13:18
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 19:31
You seem to also be motivated by religous views,  I am my self an Atheist, my family were Alevi so, Atheism was not a big step as my family were not very religoius. 

So where do you think the Zaza and Kurmanji Kurds who have the tribal name Alan come from?  The Alan were a Scythian tribe.   The Greeks use to refer to Sycthians around the Black sea and Iran as the Budhi,  that sounds very similar to the large Kurdish tribe in Anatolia, the Boti/Buti.   Sycthian capital was also in Kurdistan.  Many more evidence that points Sycthian element within in the Kurds.   On another thread you were crying about the Kurds and Medes and about how Hawramani is close to Avestan and now you are pro-Hurrians?  Also Hurrians did not always live in Kurdistan, they came from the North and likely even Hurranised the native population that was present as well.

Yezidism is believe to have it's roots in the Mittani, which was a dynasty ruled by Indo-Aryans, as Yezidism shares similarties with Hindusim. 

I don't know about the Scythians, but Hurrians always lived in Kurdistan. I think the Scythian origin of the Kurds is just a myth, and nothing more. I'm not such a supporter of the Scythians.

Yezidi Kurds have just 1 GOD. The one who created the Kurds. And that is Ezide Sor ( (X)Gode Shams = Sun GOD ). When we pronounce his name we refer to the sun. Hurrians did the same with their sky GOD, Teshub.

Meleke Taus is the chief angel of 7 angels. He is the ruler of this planet and maybe equal to GOD in power. And we don't choose between Meleke Taus or Ezide Sor. We love them both. But Meleke Taus didn't create the Kurds, that's why he is not our GOD.

I think that the Yezidism as a religion is much older than Scythians. Yezidism is a pure Kurdish religion that has got it roots in Kurdistan. The Yezidism is thousands of years old.
I don't think that Scythians have their roots in our beautiful country. They came from somewhere else.

BTW, I don't exclude that the proto-Kurds influenced the Scythians and the Medes.

Edited by Ince - 11-Feb-2011 at 19:34
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 19:48
Of course every-one's opinion concerning any relationship between the people we today consider as "Kurds", and the Jews (Whey?), is mostly related to the time period one considers!

Certainly there seems to be some Biblcal evidence that the Jews exciled from their nation, might well have been sent to some point in the area we now refer to as Kurdistan, etc., many years ago!

The point seems to be that this mass of Jews, never seems to have been heard of again?

So, perhaps the more "modern" Kurds are descendants of the exciled Jews?

Technically, anyone can argue either point with equal immunity!

Most Kurds of the past, seemed to have accepted Jesus as their saviour at one point! Or, am I confused?

Edited by opuslola - 11-Feb-2011 at 19:50
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 20:10
Originally posted by opuslola

Of course every-one's opinion concerning any relationship between the people we today consider as "Kurds", and the Jews (Whey?), is mostly related to the time period one considers!

Certainly there seems to be some Biblcal evidence that the Jews exciled from their nation, might well have been sent to some point in the area we now refer to as Kurdistan, etc., many years ago!

The point seems to be that this mass of Jews, never seems to have been heard of again?

So, perhaps the more "modern" Kurds are descendants of the exciled Jews?

Technically, anyone can argue either point with equal immunity!

Most Kurds of the past, seemed to have accepted Jesus as their saviour at one point
! Or, am I confused?

Their is no evidence of Kurds descending from Jews.  No credibale historian has ever made any connection, apart from Jews  themselves who seem to want to cluster themselves with Kurds, for some reason.    No kurds never accepted Jesus, apart maybe Muslim Kurds of today.  Only some Kurds in Anatolia were Christians due to the Roman rule. 
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 22:12

You seem to also be motivated by religous views,  I am my self an Atheist, my family were Alevi so, Atheism was not a big step as my family were not very religoius. 

So where do you think the Zaza and Kurmanji Kurds who have the tribal name Alan come from?  The Alan were a Scythian tribe.   The Greeks use to refer to Sycthians around the Black sea and Iran as the Budhi,  that sounds very similar to the large Kurdish tribe in Anatolia, the Boti/Buti.   Sycthian capital was also in Kurdistan.  Many more evidence that points Sycthian element within in the Kurds.   On another thread you were crying about the Kurds and Medes and about how Hawramani is close to Avestan and now you are pro-Hurrians?  Also Hurrians did not always live in Kurdistan, they came from the North and likely even Hurranised the native population that was present as well.

Yezidism is believe to have it's roots in the Mittani, which was a dynasty ruled by Indo-Aryans, as Yezidism shares similarties with Hindusim. 

You can be an atheist or agnostic. Whatever you want to be, I don’t care! But I am who I am.

You’re mixing some things. The proto-Kurds migrated to Europe and central Asia. Those people were referred as ARYAN. Some of them mixed with the local population (of central Asia and maybe eastern Europe) and came back to Kurdistan. One of those people were the Medes. Why do you think that people of Kurdistan accepted the Medes ( + Scythians) with open arms? The great Medes came back to Kurdistan (their homeland) and we Kurdified them again.

Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Mazdaism, Mithraism in Europe are all offspring of the native Kurdish religion, the Yezidism. When proto-Kurds migrated to central Asia and Europe they took a Kurdish religion with them. Native people of central Asia were influenced by the proto-Kurds and founded some "new" religions, like Buddhism, Hinduism. The same happened with the Europeans. They were influenced by the proto-Kurds and founded a "new" religion, Mithraism.
It was their interpretation of our native religion.

About the Mithraism:

" ... Beck believes that the cult was created in Rome, by a single founder who had some knowledge of both Greek and Oriental religion, but suggests that some of the ideas used may have passed through the Hellenistic kingdoms: "Mithras — moreover, a Mithras who was identified with the Greek Sun god, Helios, ... was one of the deities of the syncretic Graeco-Iranian royal cult founded by Antiochus I, king of the small, but prosperous "buffer" state of Commagene, in the mid 1st century BC". ...

... The banquet scene features Mithras and the Sun god banqueting on the hide of the slaughtered bull ...

... According to 3rd-4th century AD philosopher Porphyry, Mithraists considered that their cult was founded by Zoroaster. ...."

That Sun GOD motif was taken from the proto-Kurds, the Yezidism. Know your history, bro. Our history is maybe as great as the Chinese history ...

Jews were proto-Kurds too. When they migrated to Israel the original proto-Kurdish religion evolved in Judaism.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 22:34
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 22:40
Please stop reffering to ancient people as Proto-Kurds, they were not Kurds.  The term Kurds comes from the Guti, which was also used for Nomads and Mountainers as well.  Modern Humans Homo-Sapiens originated in Ethiopia, so what Ethiopeans can claim that all humans are Ethiopeans, even when the term was coined up recentaly?.   The Aryans and IE did not originate in Anatolia, the Anatolian theory is outdated and the Kurgan theory is more widely accepted. 

Yezidism was influenced by Indo-Aryans and not the other way around, the Indo-Aryans arrived in  a region that was populated by Caucasian people.  Sun worship has been part of Human history ever since humans started to think.  The Chinese, Egypt were all Kurds  as well. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_deity 

Some of your other comments are just too ridiculas to even reply to, re-Kurdify... LOL

You seem to a have mentality and child like logic, in which to glorify your own ego, you want to claim everything as Kurdish and associate anything great with Kurds.   Their for I am not going to reply as I will just be going around in circles.

Edited by Ince - 12-Feb-2011 at 05:35
TheNode View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 07:34

Please stop reffering to ancient people as Proto-Kurds, they were not Kurds.  The term Kurds comes from the Guti, which was also used for Nomads and Mountainers as well.  Modern Humans Homo-Sapiens originated in Ethiopia, so what Ethiopeans can claim that all humans are Ethiopeans, even when the term was coined up recentaly?.   The Aryans and IE did not originate in Anatolia, the Anatolian theory is outdated and the Kurgan theory is more widely accepted. 

Yezidism was influenced by Indo-Aryans and not the other way around, the Indo-Aryans arrived in  a region that was populated by Caucasian people.  Sun worship has been part of Human history ever since humans started to think.  The Chinese, Egypt were all Kurds  as well. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_deity 

Some of your other comments are just too ridiculas to even reply to, re-Kurdify... LOL

You seem to a have mentality and child like logic, in which to glorify your own ego, you want to claim everything as Kurdish and associate anything great with Kurds.   Their for I am not going to reply as I will just be going around in circles.

I completely agree, its common of broken people and nations to invent and glorify the past, for example, the Macedonians, Serbia etc. Sleepy
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 08:27
I heard Adam and Eve were Kurds, I guess that makes us all descendants of Kurds Ermm

I gotta admit MediaWarLord, you're one of the funniest people I have come across LOL
Zert View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:07
I saw the same topic on forumbiodiversity (kinda), the conclusion was that the Assyrians were closer, genetically, to the Jews. 

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:10
I'm waiting to see if he has a Kurdish connection to the Inca.Wink
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:53
Why it's so funny completely escapes me. It makes more sense than all other theories combined.
And why is the repatriation of people so weird? It happens all the time. Jews repatriated after 2000 years to their promised land!
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 10:19

BTW, Jews identify themselves with the proto-Kurds from 'Aram-Naharaim'. Not me! I'm just emphasizing and sympathizing their thoughts!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 12-Feb-2011 at 11:01
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2011 at 07:13
MediaWarLord, you're embarrassing. You have no solid proof. You sound like all other ultra-nationalists claiming other people's history. Now stop it.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2011 at 08:52
Originally posted by Cent

MediaWarLord, you're embarrassing. You have no solid proof. You sound like all other ultra-nationalists claiming other people's history. Now stop it.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>