Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy the British should hate American's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why the British should hate American's
    Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 18:55
No I would have preferred the USA entering the war right after France was beaten. Will I do think the UK would still be hear because the UK stopped the Germans without the USA.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 10:55
Originally posted by Athena

The whole disagreement pushes us to consider what is good government, what are the rights of the people?  What is best for the world? 
And what are the rights of sovereign states and who determines what is best for the world.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 09:48
Perhaps you would have preferred the US stayed out of WWII until the Germans invaded the US?  Do you think there would be a UK today, if that had happened?  The US has supported the British in many ways.  A main reason for the US attempting to control the mid east is to secure oil for Britain.  Yes, the US has stepped in where the British have pulled out, but it did not force the British out, and Britain has benefited from the change of power, because the US perceives it their best interest to take good care of a trading partner.  

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2010/02/25/obama-refuses-to-support-britain-in-falkland-islands-dispute-with-argentina/

Okay, now I see why you say you hate the US.  What gives Britain the right to the Falkland islands?  How is Britain's imperialism justified?  I have edited out my opinion, because I went on to research the British claim and it is a good one.   My first reaction was to oppose British imperialism, thinking the island had native inhabitants and it did not. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands

Here is the possible justification of British claim to the Falkland, and it is a good one.  Most the people are British and the Argentinians are late comers.   The UN gave the citizens the opportunity to vote Britain out and the people did not.   This matter needs to be handled by the UN, because it is not a good thing for the US to worsen its relationships with South America. 

The whole disagreement pushes us to consider what is good government, what are the rights of the people?  What is best for the world? 

Edited by Athena - 30-Jan-2011 at 10:43
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2011 at 17:45
I am from UK and I hate USA because of USA war of independence, war of 1812, ww1, ww2, post ww2, falklands war, USA banking system, and the way USA has taken over BP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345