Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The facts about Cyprus issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The facts about Cyprus issue
    Posted: 26-May-2005 at 06:38
That link you gave us is Turkish,so it lacks credibility.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 07:55
Originally posted by Aeolus

[QUOTE=erdal tigin]

The massacres of Turks by Greek Cypriots

http://www.kibris.gen.tr/english/massacres/index.html

What do we have here? Another propagandistic Turkish site posted from the person who  broke btw, the so-called "peace treaty", after one week of inaction in this topic. Looks like you are doing your best to flame around as much as you can. Continue posting such pathetic sites. You only demonstrate your level.

[QUOTE]

aELOUS,what defines a propoganda site?being against you?Using the Turkish language?Pathetic,define it,i don't see you using counter arguments.Is it not "worthy" you?Are you "above" such propoganda?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 08:29

Well-well ... what do i read ??  USA and Russia are advising their citizens againt buying any property in the occupied lands of Cyprus , because they will be faced with numerous legal implcations from their real owners...EU is expected to act accordingly ...

The winds of changing...

Isk.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 09:16

Well well, what do I read? Sth new???

And you do expect us care about wheter they buy properties in our land???

Edited by YAFES
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 09:33
Originally posted by YAFES

It strikes me, how can people sell property that doesn't belong to them and how come others are shameless enough to buy it?

How can one sell a house he didn't built, an orchard that he hasn't planted? Shame!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 09:58
Unfortunately lands become confiscated after wars and the evicted ones feel the loss. This form of intervention/occupation has been a historical realism from time immorial.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 10:01
Originally posted by Yiannis

It strikes me, how can people sell property that doesn't belong to them and how come others are shameless enough to buy it?

How can one sell a house he didn't built, an orchard that hehasn't planted? Shame!

Nice point..but in cyprus its true for both sides... Like you I agree one shouldnt be able to sell a house he didn't build and the orchard he didn't plant.. like you say...
Similar things happened to my family, as we own a lot of land in greece, bulgaria and ex-yugoslavia (and not only), my great grandfathers looked after this land plowed and planted it and lived many generations on it.. because politics changed the land was just siezed and given to the people of these countries... now the dilemma, to sue or not to sue....

Same thing with Cyprus.. but I must admit I would rather some greek-cypriot look after the land there than to see some idiot "turkish"-cypriot poor acid down the roots of tree's just because he cant sell his produce.. ( I am even ashamed of calling them 'turkish')

(under the conditions of course that cyprus be rid of all political and military power, politics of this country should be done through greece and turkey)

Edited by baracuda
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 10:02

Well well, what do I read? Sth new???

No it's not new, you people just never pay any attention to what others write.
Both the Loizidou and Apostolides case have been mentioned in these fora before, but it won't suit your cause to ackowledge it.

Here's some info for you.

"

The judgement has sent shivers to all others who knowingly or not have settled on refugee property, since a 2001 EU regulation makes national court rulings enforceable in the country of the guilty party. And this is what Candounas and his client intend to do now that Cyprus is a full member of the EU.

The decision issued by the Nicosia District Court on 9 November 2004 orders the Orams to demolish the house along with the swimming pool and perimeter wall and return the property to the rightful owner without further ado. Furthermore, they are ordered to pay CYP 7,654,83 cents in damages and CYP 294.41 a month from December until the property is returned to Apostolides, plus court costs."

So as you see, THE LANDS NEVER HAVE NOR WILL EVER BE YOURS.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 11:22
Originally posted by aknc

[QUOTE=erdal tigin]

What do we have here? Another propagandistic Turkish site posted from the person who  broke btw, the so-called "peace treaty", after one week of inaction in this topic. Looks like you are doing your best to flame around as much as you can. Continue posting such pathetic sites. You only demonstrate your level.

[QUOTE]

aELOUS,what defines a propoganda site?being against you?Using the Turkish language?Pathetic,define it,i don't see you using counter arguments.Is it not "worthy" you?Are you "above" such propoganda?

It is much better to bring a more neutral site.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 11:26

well,I wouldn't know about that,yes,a normal site is better but just because it is turkish doesn't mean it'S propoganda

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 11:26

So what does this map show? Who does the northern lands belong to? Republic of Uganda??

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 11:37

well,I wouldn't know about that,yes,a normal site is better but just because it is turkish doesn't mean it'S propoganda

Yes,but it's still much better.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 12:14
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

So what does this map show? Who does the northern lands belong to? Republic of Uganda??

According to the United Nations, they belong to the Republic of Cyprus and they're currently occupied illegaly by Turkey.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 17:33

Oh my god!

UN says it belongs to "Republic Of Cyprus(!)"?

Ok, we're leaving immediately, then.

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 15:23
Originally posted by Yiannis

How can one sell a house he didn't built, an orchard that he hasn't planted? Shame!

Why so surprised Yannis ??? Dont thieves sell their loot ?? Typical.

Isk.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 07:02

I didn't know thieves stand ground

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 07:37

Oh my god!

UN says it belongs to "Republic Of Cyprus(!)"?

Ok, we're leaving immediately, then.

we should take it to the court

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 07:38
Originally posted by Spartakus

[QUOTE=erdal tigin]

[QUOTE]

It is much better to bring a more neutral site.

well you can't say it's not neutral unless you examine it

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 16:43
I said a "more" neutral than the one he brought.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 20:35

I think that we can live with Greeks in peace and make lots of money together.  I have many Greek friends and I am quite fond of them.  What is unnoticable is that we are more alike than we think we are.  However unfortunate for my Greek friends they have been brainwashed with lots of propoganda.

As for the Cyprus issue, you have to search the roots of the problem and you will find that it is the Greek expansionism.  The idea of Taksim only came out after the 1950 referandum when all the greeks shouted ENOSIS.  The Turks in general do not see the island of their own but partial owners. The Greeks on the other hand, see the Turks should be kicked out of the island.  Now there is two extreme thoughts!  If you want to learn about this read the Acritas plan! It is all laid out loud and clear for those who want to feel the bliss of enlightenment. Moreover the Greek junta carried out a genocide and the plans for it were found.  Read Harry Scott Gibbons, The Genocide Files.  The junta was even planing to get the rest of the population to be brainwashed so they would go along with this cleansing.  I know that the Greeks are made to believe that it was the Turks who did genocide.  Now my friends, was it the Turkish Cypriots that were squeezed into bottle necks on the island, who were totaly under equipped tried to do this to you? Or was it the Turkish army which came and saved you from the coup? By the way, ithe Greek propoganda machine is shamelessly succesful in making Greeks believe all those murdered Greeks were killed by the Turkish army and not by the junta.  The junta wiped out  as many makarios supporters as possilbe.  When Turkey was landed there was a civil war going on not just between the Turks and the Greeks but also between Greeks.  How can you believe that Turks would want to come all the way so that they kill all the Greeks on the island? 

Also I have another point to make,

I find it amusing how the Greeks have made it their duty to appear in every forum about Turkey and make a comment against Turkey and get involved in issues over their heads like PKK and the Tragedy of 1915.How can you hate a nation so much that you spend all your free time running around and shout how bad Turks are. 

My Greek friends, do you ever think what would have happened to your great Hellenistic identity when another super power of the time had ruled you instead of the Ottomans?  I will tell you, since you obviously dont see it that way;  you would have lost your language and your religion.  Thats what would have happened in 400 hundred years of occupation.  At the time of ottomans they offered a tolerance for diffrent cultures which was impossible to see in europe when the christians were slaying one another over the same book!  What would have they done to you?In a way you should be thankful that we have lived together in relative peace plus you learned to cook better food and make coffee!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>