Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Difference between Indians and Pakistanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Vajra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference between Indians and Pakistanis
    Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 13:12
Originally posted by balochii

^ it's south asian but its under pakistan's control that is what i am saying and indians cannot even touch it, its pakistan's people history more then anyone else.

LOL Pakistan's history has been tied to other South Asian countries from from Indus valley civilization to Hinduism, Buddhism, Mughals and all the way to British Raj. 

That would same as Indians claiming Mughals as only Indias heritage just because famous mughal monuments are in India. 

"Nationalist ideologies frequently employ results of archaeology and ancient history as propaganda, often significantly distorting them to fit their aims..."

Originally posted by Cryptic

Maybe a test like this can settle the debate.  Evidently, it is very difficult for Chinese, Japanese and Koreans to tell themselves apart.

But...  There would probably be allegations that the sample Indians and Pakistanis were picked to rig the test towards a pre conceived out come. 

There has already been studies done on this subject. 

Edited by Vajra - 23-Jul-2010 at 13:13
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 13:15
^ both indians and pakistanis are really broad terms though, compare the people of northern pakistan or even north india near Kashmir to south india for example, there is a huge difference in how people look, their cultures are completly different etc...

If you wana say they are brown people, yes i would agree to that, but pakistanis over all will be considered lighter brown then average indian brown. Its comman sense, just look at the map of the two countires and where they are situated, Pakistan is north west of india, so it is obvious people will be lighter skinned there because a bit cooler climate.

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 13:17
Originally posted by Vajra

^ it's south asian but its under pakistan's control that is what i am saying and indians cannot even touch it, its pakistan's people history more then anyone else.

LOL Pakistan's history has been tied to other South Asian countries from from Indus valley civilization to Hinduism, Buddhism, Mughals and all the way to British Raj. 

That would same as Indians claiming Mughals as only Indias heritage just because famous mughal monuments are in India. 

"Nationalist ideologies frequently employ results of archaeology and ancient history as propaganda, often significantly distorting them to fit their aims..."

Originally posted by Cryptic

Maybe a test like this can settle the debate.  Evidently, it is very difficult for Chinese, Japanese and Koreans to tell themselves apart.

But...  There would probably be allegations that the sample Indians and Pakistanis were picked to rig the test towards a pre conceived out come. 

There has already been studies done on this subject. 

what ever dude, my point remains. Indians can't touch any monuments in pakistan, espeically their nationalistic archaeologists
Vajra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Vajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 13:29

^ both indians and pakistanis are really broad terms though, compare the people of northern pakistan or even north india near Kashmir to south india for example, there is a huge difference in how people look, their cultures are completly different etc...

If you wana say they are brown people, yes i would agree to that, but pakistanis over all will be considered lighter brown then average indian brown. Its comman sense, just look at the map of the two countires and where they are situated, Pakistan is north west of india, so it is obvious people will be lighter skinned there because a bit cooler climate.

We already talked about this and the point is the video is biased, it's made to fit their political agenda in every possible way.   

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 16:17
^ ok forget the video, what i have said is true and it stands, for example even if you go to karachi today. Today almost half the city is made of pashtuns and pashtuns you know are much fairskinned compared to most indic population
Vajra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Vajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 18:58

^ ok forget the video, what i have said is true and it stands, for example even if you go to karachi today. Today almost half the city is made of pashtuns and pashtuns you know are much fairskinned compared to most indic population

So the Video is trying to portray that Pakistani is majority Pashtuns? LOL

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 19:08
^ pashtuns are the second largest majority in pakistan, there are 30 million+ pashtuns in pakistan. There are more pashtuns in pakistan then in afghanistan. Most of you indian think pakistan is only made of indic population which is not true at all. Like i said come to Karachi and you will see Pashtun outnumber anyone. roughly 6 million pashtuns live in Karachi

also i haven't seen the video and dont care for the video. i am speaking reality, doesn't matter if the video is fake or not

Edited by balochii - 23-Jul-2010 at 19:09
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 04:45
Originally posted by Vajra

That goes to almost ALL ethnic groups in the WORLD its not just limited to single group of people. Shocked

Not really. I can't find a white Somali or a black Swede. It's just not possible.

Originally posted by vajra

however vast majority Pakistanis complexion dont differ much than other South Asians.

Some indians make south asian look like it's something more than a geographic location. 
LOL

Thats pretty ridiculous how old are you? Indus Valley is South Asian heritage, It would be pretty laughable if you actually denied it and said it only belongs to Pakistanis because its in Pakistan.

Nah indians don't believe that either. All this "South Asian" is just for political ambitions. Ancient Egyptian Civilization is Egyptian heritage not African.

If we were to go by that IGNORANT logic of yours then Gujarati people of India would have more claim to Pakistan since the founding father of Pakistan Muhammad Ali Jinnah a Gujarati Muslim and son of first generation convert in his family. Smile

Bad comparison. Since Jinnah was obviously of mixed ancestry from his appearance. Kemal Attaturk the founder of modern Turkey was of European descent, it doesn't make European people the same as Turks, they are two very different peoples.

Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 04:49

^ pashtuns are the second largest majority in pakistan, there are 30 million+ pashtuns in pakistan. There are more pashtuns in pakistan then in afghanistan. Most of you indian think pakistan is only made of indic population which is not true at all. Like i said come to Karachi and you will see Pashtun outnumber anyone. roughly 6 million pashtuns live in Karachi

also i haven't seen the video and dont care for the video. i am speaking reality, doesn't matter if the video is fake or not

You have to understand Indo-Aryan peoples are a linguistic group, not a "race"

Infact Indo-Aryans of Pakistan seem to be closer to Iranic peoples than to Indians who are mostly of Australian aborigine stock.

And also I know most Baloch are brown, but not as dark as Indians as your wrote. I know Brahui people are similar to Indians in appearance as they indeed might be Indians.  But not the Baloch
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 07:44
^ real baloch are not dark, they are very similar to pashtuns, however Baluchistan has been settled by a lot of people like brahui, sidhis, makranis etc.. and most of them have adopted our culture. language, traditions
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 07:50
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

You have to understand Indo-Aryan peoples are a linguistic group, not a "race"

Infact Indo-Aryans of Pakistan seem to be closer to Iranic peoples than to Indians who are mostly of Australian aborigine stock.

And also I know most Baloch are brown, but not as dark as Indians as your wrote. I know Brahui people are similar to Indians in appearance as they indeed might be Indians.  But not the Baloch

yup one thing you will notice is that pakistanis are a lot (straight) face then indians, thats a iranic feature i believe, even the many darker pakistanis are like that.

While many indians, especially from the east/central/south areas dont have straight faces at all

like you hardly ever find a pakistani who looks like this for example, not colour but i am talking about face shape wise, that nose feature you will probably never find in pakistanis but many indians you will:

Vajra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Vajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 10:25

Some indians make south asian look like it's something more than a geographic location.LOL 

Geographic location is the reason we share the same history & culture. LOL

Nah indians don't believe that either. All this "South Asian" is just for political ambitions. Ancient Egyptian Civilization is Egyptian heritage not African.

There is no political ambition in that since most of South Asia share the same history and culture unlike rest of the Africa and North Africans..but then again you are a nationalist you cant get past your delusional nationalist ideas, like your website. LOL

It does no one any good to believe in lies. 

If we were to go by that IGNORANT logic of yours then Gujarati people of India would have more claim to Pakistan since the founding father of Pakistan Muhammad Ali Jinnah a Gujarati Muslim and son of first generation convert in his family. Smile

Bad comparison. Since Jinnah was obviously of mixed ancestry from his appearance. Kemal Attaturk the founder of modern Turkey was of European descent, it doesn't make European people the same as Turks, they are two very different peoples.

I was behing sarcastic about that statement if you dint notice & you are claiming Jinnah to be of mixed ancestry? oh great. 

LOL

Yet again even you know that it's not true. 

And also I know most Baloch are brown, but not as dark as Indians as your wrote. I know Brahui people are similar to Indians in appearance as they indeed might be Indians.  But not the Baloch .

LOL Yet again....denial.

yup one thing you will notice is that pakistanis are a lot (straight) face then indians, thats a iranic feature i believe, even the many darker pakistanis are like that.

While many indians, especially from the east/central/south areas dont have straight faces at all

like you hardly ever find a pakistani who looks like this for example, not colour but i am talking about face shape wise, that nose feature you will probably never find in pakistanis but many indians you will 

Really? I can post images now to prove you wrong but then again you would still disagree with me on that topic because you are made to believe that. 

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 11:44
The darkest of pakistanis are sindhis, yet look at their faces, clearly they look of the indo-aryan stock 

no i am not denying there could some mohajirs who migrated from india who might look like that, but overall mohajirs only make 8-9% of the population and most of them migrated from north india 

Edited by balochii - 24-Jul-2010 at 12:12
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 20:09

[QUOTE=balochii]

Most Indians are not Australoids, nor do they have Australoid features.  Though Indian Australoids may number in the millions, this needs to be compared to the over all Indian population of a billion (+) people.  There are also remnant Australoid populations in Pakistan and Yemen.

Australoids are small in numbers and are a very ancient people.  Their presence in India and Pakistan pre dates all concepts of Aryan migrations, Vedic religion(s), Hinduism, Indus Valley civilization, Islam etc.

Edited by Cryptic - 24-Jul-2010 at 21:19
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 20:53
^ thats true that pure Australoids are small in number, however the guy i posted for example is definatly mixed with Australoids or has some trace of Australoids in him, you can find a lot of southern indians who look like him. Recent genetic testing has proven the eastern/central and southern India is mixed with the orginal population that moved there some 60000-80000 years ago, they most likely looked like Australoids of australia of today, even tribal south indians look like Australoids.

Edited by balochii - 24-Jul-2010 at 20:55
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 21:33

^ thats true that pure Australoids are small in number, however the guy i posted for example is definatly mixed with Australoids or has some trace of Australoids in him, you can find a lot of southern indians who look like him. Recent genetic testing has proven the eastern/central and southern India is mixed with the orginal population that moved there some 60000-80000 years ago, they most likely looked like Australoids of australia of today, even tribal south indians look like Australoids.  

As a side note, there is also a relatively large number of Australoids in Sri Lanka.  I have seen wildly different estimates for the number of Indian Australoids.   As you mentioned the range of these estimates is probalby due to whether one only counts pure Australoids or includes people or tribal groups with varying degrees of Australoid features. Even counting partial Australoids, however, Australoid features are a minority in India 

and southern India is mixed with the orginal population that moved there some 60000-80000 years ago, they most likely looked like Australoids of australia of today, even tribal south indians look like Australoids.  
I agree about South Indian tribal peoples.  One thing though, Australoid features seem to be rare with Tamils.  That might indicate that they are a relatively recent arrival in south India.   

I wonder why the Indian Australoid population (both full and partial) is far greater than the Yemeni, Arabian, Pakistani and Indonesian Australoid population. Australoids inhabited all these areas in their migration to Australia.  

Edited by Cryptic - 24-Jul-2010 at 21:41
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2010 at 22:35
^ do you mean tamils or sinhalese in sri lanka? sinhalese claim to be recent migrants and if you look at them many of them indeed look different from other people there.
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2010 at 04:56
Here is a better detailed video explaining the differences. Even though haplogroup maps and ethnic demographics are more than enough to prove the two countries are entirely different, this video is still useful.  Balochii I really think you too should watch this:
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2010 at 04:59

The darkest of pakistanis are sindhis, yet look at their faces, clearly they look of the indo-aryan stock 

no i am not denying there could some mohajirs who migrated from india who might look like that, but overall mohajirs only make 8-9% of the population and most of them migrated from north india 

I think the darkest Pakistanis are Bravis, that is if you would count them as Pakistanis.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2010 at 05:46

^ do you mean tamils or sinhalese in sri lanka? sinhalese claim to be recent migrants and if you look at them many of them indeed look different from other people there.
Tamils in Sril Lanka and South India.  I think they are a Dravidian people but unlike other South Indians,  Tamils do not seem to either be Australoids or have Australoid features.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>