Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Save Xingu peoples from Destruction!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Xingu peoples from Destruction!
    Posted: 20-May-2009 at 22:14
Originally posted by drgonzaga

"Mas sabe el diablo por anciano que por diablo"

"The devil knows more because he's ancient than because he's the devil."

So there have been no evolution of human thought from the time of Hippocrates to now?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 22:21
Well, sometines what exist is involution, rather than evolution.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 22:23
Originally posted by Carcharodon

...If you are not born than you cannot die.

So, if your gramma doesn't show brain activity you just take out the plug of the machine that keep breathing the old lady and throw the corpse away? When life start and where life ends? When a group of hippie activists decide?

Close the zipper. Hurry up.

There is a old Spanish saying that say: "Cura Gatica:  predica pero no practica". Unfortunatelly it is not possible to translate but is something like this: The priest called Elf preach but doesn't pracise it himself.

Edited by pinguin - 20-May-2009 at 22:28
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 22:41
Originally posted by pinguin

So, if your gramma doesn't show brain activity you just take out the plug of the machine that keep breathing the old lady and throw the corpse away? When life start and where life ends? When a group of hippie activists decide? 

So people shall just get a lot of children that noone takes care of and whose lives are going to be extremely miserable? Raped women shall be forced to bore the babies of the rapists?
And about infanticede. Now and then one learn about death squads in the slum of Brasil running round and shooting street children. many of the members of those death squads have been policemen. Maybe it is better to let children be born and then shoot them, much better than abort an embryo.

But I can admit that I don´t think abortion is the best solution. The best solution is of cource to use contraceptives and don´t get pregnant at all.
But of course the catholic church are against contraceptives too. And then when there are to much people in the cities then it´s just to go out and invade the land of the indigenous peoples.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 23:33

So people shall just get a lot of children that noone takes care of and whose lives are going to be extremely miserable?

Go to preach your Gospel of abortion to Africa. They needed it more than Latin Americans.

And about infanticede. Now and then one learn about death squads in the slum of Brasil running round and shooting street children. many of the members of those death squads have been policemen. Maybe it is better to let children be born and then shoot them, much better than abort an embryo.

So, you are for Infanticide as well. At least you are consecuent with your ideas.

But I can admit that I don´t think abortion is the best solution. The best solution is of cource to use contraceptives and don´t get pregnant at all.
But of course the catholic church are against contraceptives too. And then when there are to much people in the cities then it´s just to go out and invade the land of the indigenous peoples.

Do you really believe Latin Americans pay attention to the Catholic Church. That shows me clearly that you have no idea about the region, and that you better stay in Europe. Confused
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 23:42

Go to preach your Gospel of abortion to Africa. They needed it more than Latin Americans.

The need of contraceptives are huge in parts of Latin America too.

So, you are for Infanticide as well. At least you are consecuent with your ideas.

I was ironic. What I meant, if you didn´t understand it, is that some people in Latin America seem to reason in such a way.

Do you really believe Latin Americans pay attention to the Catholic Church. That shows me clearly that you have no idea about the region, and that you better stay in Europe. Confused

In some matters, as in the matters of contraceptives and abortions they really seem to do that, otherwise they would have more modern and adequate thinking in those matters.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 00:09

The need of contraceptives are huge in parts of Latin America too.

Inform yourself better. You have no idea about Latin America. You better go to preach your Gospel of abortion to Africa.

I was ironic. What I meant, if you didn´t understand it, is that some people in Latin America seem to reason in such a way.

The weird thing is that many people in Europe preach in the way you do.

In some matters, as in the matters of contraceptives and abortions they really seem to do that, otherwise they would have more modern and adequate thinking in those matters.

Stop it, pretender. You are not modern because promote abortion. You have no idea about Latin America. All you have are prejudices about ourselves.

If fact, the sad fact is that Latin Americans know Europe better than you know us.

So, better stay in your country, and stop fooling around with Brazil. Otherwise, go to fool around with China or Africa.

Edited by pinguin - 21-May-2009 at 00:11
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 00:28

Inform yourself better. You have no idea about Latin America. You better go to preach your Gospel of abortion to Africa. 

The need of contraceptives is still huge in parts of Latin America.

The weird thing is that many people in Europe preach in the way you do.

Everone is entitled to an opinion, wherever he/she lives.

Stop it, pretender. You are not modern because promote abortion. You have no idea about Latin America. All you have are prejudices about ourselves.

If fact, the sad fact is that Latin Americans know Europe better than you know us.

I think you are not able to determine that.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 00:29
OK. I won't feed the troll anymore. Bye.

Edited by pinguin - 21-May-2009 at 00:30
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 13:19
More about dams in the Amazon and other places and how they impact indigenous peoples  lives:

Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 13:53
A couple of Maps that show the Xingu valley and the Xingu indigenous park:

This map show the degree of preservation inside the Indigenous territory compared with the destruction of forest outside the area:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456