Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From Babylon to Scandinavia!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Maximus Germanicus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maximus Germanicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Babylon to Scandinavia!
    Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 21:11
The Cimbri were thought to be celts -surrounded in a sea of Germanic people (they were on the Jutland) it is also possible that Lugus came from Odin and not vica versa- Maybe they picked up the legends from thier neighbors--
This guy has a well cited paper-- I don't think it disproves the Chatti theory, but it raises some doubt in my mind

I am getting more and more convinced that Germanic was more of a place name, not a tribal identity some tribes that were thought to be celts were germans some celts german-- I am begining to wonder how different they really were -- if at all.

I suppose when we base most of our history of the era on Tactius and other Roman accounts we have an imperfect picture of the era. Unfortunatley most of my college study of the era cam from Roman accounts-I beleive the era need to be rethought.

Edited by Maximus Germanicus - 01-Jun-2010 at 21:17
Maximus Germanicus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Maximus Germanicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 21:12
Sorry Cyrus--the SoD has my a bit p@**%, I will be more professional.

Nurica View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Nurica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 23:57

<<You need to research more before entering to this discussion.>>

i really am not so sure that i want to enter such a discussion having a sooo foul start: your sources are ALL simply bullshit:

- A blog:
http://xenohistorian.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/the-babylonian-connection-redone/

- Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ullr

- a pious site:
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/2bab048.htm

Sad, very sad if this bullshit is the starting base of something you call "research"...

Someone here suggested to transfer it to "alternate history" (in my view another name for bullshit). But of course, you can continue to do "research" and "history" by playing with word similarities, the very way shakespeare derided in cymbeline when said thast mulier is … mollis_aer; or the way Joseph de Maistre agreed with the ancients that the etymology of cadaver is caro data vermibus
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 04:59

Nurica, you either know something and want to contribute to this discussion or know nothing on this subject and just want to disturb this thread, if you want to do the second one, plese don't reply to my post.

But if you really want to discuss then I can explain the topic more for you, of course it is better that you read some other related thread, like this one: Gotvandi (Dezfuli), Guti and Gothic and this one: Tyr,Tiregan,Tirigan,Tervingi,Tyragetae,Targitaus
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 14:10
The ultimate proto-IE deity is male and holder of the lightning. For Greeks it was Zeus, for Slavs it was Perun, for Balts it was Perkūnas. There is interesting theory about primacy of Thor in Germanic pantheon in more ancient times. Then became Odin. He was the God of aristochracy, while Thor remain beloved to ordinary people with his rough strength and power. It is seen in Icelandic saga Hárbarðsljóð where Thor was pesent as less considerable deity as Odin (in the role of ferryman  Harbard-one of the Odin`s pseudonim)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 14:27
Just as important as lightning was, I would suggest the word "hammer" or specifically "the hammer" or "hammerer?", is more suggestive?

Whilst the hammer, is considered as a war weapon, in its numerous example, such as the "awl", or maybe better and more well know version "Mace!", but the hammer was also a part of a builders tool kit, whether it was used to shape wood, or stone!

And, as we know, in many constructions, first a frame, had to be errected by woodcutters, or "carpenters?", before the "stonecutters" or Stone Masons", had thier way with the construction! In essence they were all "Masons!"

And, as a builder, they were almost like Gods? God shaped man from clay, (soft stone), cut rules into stone (with his finger), and man, who was a masos did also!

This certainly places these so called "pagans" into a more favorable situation when it comes to the Christian God, and his son?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 18:06
Odin, Adon, Arjun. There's a connection there, I'm sure.

Arjun's arrow became Odin's lightning bolt? Perhaps. Why not?
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 20:21
And the lightning bolt became the cannon? Fire death from the sky!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
nita View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2010 at 03:34
I'm doing a research for school on the characteristics between the Greek and The east civilizations! Can some one give me some advice?

xoxo
Berserkr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Berserkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2010 at 05:01
You cannot really take Heyerdahl as a serious historian. He had some wild theories. Just because some names are similar does not make everything he says true. He is not the first person to similarity in words or imagery to make up facts and rewrite history.

By the way, did you guys know that aliens visited the Ancient world?

This is their spaceships and a helicopter. The helicopter is Atlantian defense trying to fend off the Annunaki.

This is how they looked - the Annunaki. They invaded earth which was controlled by the Atlantians and the Lemurians. They very quickly crushed the Lemurians who fled into unknown space. The Atlantians was destroyed and sunk. The Annunaki liked Atlantian DNA for potential slaves, they were too smart however so they decided to mix it with ape DNA, result - humans. Eventually they got bored of this worthless planet and left.

Unfortunately I could not post another image, but here is the Lemurians.
http://aboutfacts.net/ufo/UFO144/PD/JomonStatue.jpg

And I almost forgot, here is Atlantis in Bermuda! (which good old Heyerdahl also spoke of)
http://www.nextnature.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/atlantis_530.jpg

Oh, and they are all coming to destroy us in 2012 just for the fun.

You thought I was crazy right? Well I might be, but do you really think I believe a single word of what I just wrote? I was just trying to demonstrate how easily one can get "evidence" for historical "facts" ;)

Edited by Berserkr - 18-Jun-2010 at 05:23
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2010 at 05:08
So these are the serpent men of the Second Kingdom, 25000 years ago right, worshipping Yig, their civilisation rose from the ashes of Lemuria in the Atlantic Ocean? or is it a different one?
Berserkr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Berserkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2010 at 05:26
I was trying to add some more images with and extra post but it did not work so I just edited my post instead... I really just took it from conspiracy theory I read on the internet. It's can be fun to read.
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2010 at 05:31
Like HP Lovecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123