Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Father demands removal of crucifix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim Father demands removal of crucifix
    Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 07:45
^
Never been to India have you? Or any Buddhist country.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 11:07
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

Originally posted by gcle2003

Who was crying about islamophobia?

The situation would be no different if it were a Christian wanting an Islamic symbol removed, or for that matter an anti-Nazi demanding a swastika be removed, or a capitalist lackey demanding a hammer-and-sickle be removed.

In all those cases it would be essentially trivial. Symbols don't affect anything: attributing  importance  to them is basically childish, like believing in magic.

Then why was it so important to him the crucifix to be removed?
Because he disagrees with me. D'oh!
Why was he risking his daughter health for such a "childish" thing?
Because he didn't think it was childish. D'oh!
It seems the nurses were more adult thant...
Yes, in my view they were. They would also have been childish had they refuses to remove it.

The guy was ill-mannered at best: the nurses were civilised about it.

What would be completely wrong would be to somehow spin that into thinking that Christians are more adult than Muslims.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 11:58
The matter was interesting in a French perspective because Muslim parents/patients have been quite violent in the recent years. Several doctors and nurses are attacked every years because this or that, in general, they refuse that their daughter/wife be examined by a male doctor. So much so that some hospital had to create safe rooms to take care of these patients and toughen up the security.

What often shocks people is that people making such a rant are often of French origns and newly converted. But it is also true that this is a very small minority and that most Muslims accept to be treated by whoever is around.

So that article is rather one more drop pourred by a rightist newspaper in the jar of anti-Muslim sentiment.
I am a free donkey!
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2008 at 17:30
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

Muslims however imediately start crying about islamophobia and that this is nothing important...Yes,it is not - i didn't write it is,THAT IS WHY IT IS IN INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSION AND NOT CURRENT AFFAIRS (God,how many times should i repeat this... Cry).

You can repeat it as often as you like. It is just that no-one but you seems to believe it, and that number is likely to swindle to sub-zero with every repetition.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 07:31
Originally posted by Sparten

^
Never been to India have you? Or any Buddhist country.

No, but if I do I will ask them to take down every swastika I see. Big%20smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2008 at 08:58
And a headline will appear in world newspapers

"Swede lynched in New Delhi"

One of the most important symbols of Hinduism

The symbol of Jainism

Outside India

Falun Gong

(wonder why the PRC hasn't hit on this association yet,easiets way to condemn them in the eyes of westerners).

Buddhist Swatsikas in Japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123