Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solution to the Balkan crisis?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solution to the Balkan crisis?
    Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 19:04
Originally posted by Illirac

Originally posted by Anton

Are there serbian districts in Croatia?

I don't think so...at least not in my city

Ethnic groups:
Definition Field%20Listing
Croat 89.6%, Serb 4.5%, other 5.9% (including Bosniak, Hungarian, Slovene, Czech, and Roma) (2001 census)

Administrative divisions:
Definition Field%20Listing
20 counties (zupanije, zupanija - singular) and 1 city* (grad - singular); Bjelovarsko-Bilogorska Zupanija, Brodsko-Posavska Zupanija, Dubrovacko-Neretvanska Zupanija, Istarska Zupanija, Karlovacka Zupanija, Koprivnicko-Krizevacka Zupanija, Krapinsko-Zagorska Zupanija, Licko-Senjska Zupanija, Medimurska Zupanija, Osjecko-Baranjska Zupanija, Pozesko-Slavonska Zupanija, Primorsko-Goranska Zupanija, Sibensko-Kninska Zupanija, Sisacko-Moslavacka Zupanija, Splitsko-Dalmatinska Zupanija, Varazdinska Zupanija, Viroviticko-Podravska Zupanija, Vukovarsko-Srijemska Zupanija, Zadarska Zupanija, Zagreb*, Zagrebacka Zupanija
CIA World Fact book

No, the Krajina region is fully immersed within the state. It was in the 90s as part of an independence proposal a autonomous region which had its own local government and administration. Following the war and the failed attempt to carve out an independent Serbian entity within Croatia those districts became part of Croatia's zupanja districts as shown above.

There is a small Serbian population that is in the thousands, from the earlier in the 250 000 more or less. The Serbs who have lived there can return and the ones that stayed still live in their former districts. Just most of the young people have neither returned nor wish to stay due to a lack of jobs etc.

Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 15:44
Originally posted by Anton

I don't think so...at least not in my city
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 10:50
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 06:31
Obviously a lot but if Serbia is carved up any further it would only provoke Russian fears more of a US incursion in its territory of influence. 
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2008 at 12:02
Within a EU system Kosovo is viable enough, it just needs assistance for a while. Slovenia is doing fine though it was already developed before independence.

the BBC has a map for the Balkans under a report titled "Could Balkan break-up continue?"

more like, "How many other ways can we carve up the Balkans"

Edited by Leonidas - 25-Feb-2008 at 12:05
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 15:44
Well, then you must must know better :)
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 08:57
Principle yes. I graduated economy...
But still think that Kosovo is too small...look Iraq is something suitable, but Kosovo with population about 1-2 million and GDP lower that annual earning of Microsoft....
Everybody listen only this which understands.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 22:39
There are more sophisticated economical laws that are applied here rather than simple selling weapon to a poor state.  I am not sure I understand them myself. One of the things is that any war supports military-industry which in turn push to develop other sectors of economics. Then ruined country needs to be repaired which winning side does on the expenses of the lost side. And finally, for some reason I am not sure why, those things allow to keep the inflation in US constant while be increased in countries under war. Something similar as in communicating bowl -- if pressure in one is higher than in another then if they are communicating pressure will be equalized. But how it works in economics I really don't understand. Maybe somebody can explain it better?

I doubt it will be Voevodina.  

Edited by Anton - 23-Feb-2008 at 22:47
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 13:27
and destabilizating Serbia they would increase their GDP...hardly. Kosovo is not suitable even as weapon market and  new big war will totaly crumble American economy. Look the second thing I can agree. But I do not think that the Europeans leaders are so stupid...or in England and France think this "the war" is pretty away from their borders???
But after all Anton you know that before 50-0 years Bulgaria was the black sheep for them only because that would increase Russian influance in the region, may be now is the same...the old song in a new variant.
So what is next Voivodina? Thumbs%20Down
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 12:34
USA worries about high inflation rate in USA. Disaster can be postponed with every new war. Second thing USA is worried about is the increasing geopolitical role of EU. Destabilization of Balkans is obviously beneficial for US. What I do not understand is what are EU benefits from creation of this puppet drug-dealing criminal pseudo state.
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 11:09
Originally posted by Yugoslav

[QUOTE=Spartakus] 

It seems that we all here agree that there is a problem. And what precisely is the problem. The question is - how to remove it? A lot of people have thought through, but none has the whole picture, only individual details.

Proposal%20by%20some%20Washington%20experts

Off course none has the whole pic. It is enough one crazy man to speak on TV about 10 min and to give free alcohol to the crowds and you will recieve a new problem.
I've heard a stupid joke that Serbia is like Nokia - every year smaller. 
I just can understand why the USA so much wants an independent Kosovo? and if anyone has  supposition please explain me....
PS Do not tell me that the USA is carried about the "ehtnical situation of the citizens of Kosovo"
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 16:40
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

I read a lot of discussion and no real potential answer to the problem... 

There is no "answer" that would not (most likely) be worse than the problem. 

pikeshot is right...there is no answer and there is no solution...there could be only temporary solutions thou,

Edited by Illirac - 20-Feb-2008 at 16:40
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 16:19
Originally posted by HEROI

Originally posted by Bulldog

HEROI how many Albanians are there outside Albania? where do they reside in the Balkans?

You say its Albanians right to live under Albanian rule, then what about minorities in Albania?

Well,exept Greece,the borders of Albania are populated by Albanian people.I am talking about overwelming majority of a region,not just a few villages here and there.Thats the point.Imagine 90 percent of Iraq being Turks,living just across the border of Turky,would not it be fair they were ruled by Turky,or themselves??????
Why should they be ruled by an minority of 10 % ?????

Why should 95% at North of Kosovo ruled by 1% then?

BTW I don't understand why you do not consider medieval Serbia a "Serb state" - upon that heritage Serbia was renewed.
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 21:33

There is no "answer" that would not (most likely) be worse than the problem. 

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 19:23
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 18:55
No offense (atleast I do not feel it), mate, just your solution is unrealistic :)
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 16:37
Hello to you all

First of all sorry for any offenses cause by me or any violations because I thought debate was fully open.

It seems that there are a few here who want to crucify me. Anyway of course non of the solution is realistic because the situation in the Balkan is surreal. A country threatening with doom and gloom just because one of its provinces share the same name with its neighbouring country, Everyone hates the other and enemies can become allies in just days. I just wrote my suggestions to indicate that attempting to solve this problme is insane unless people's attitudes change and unfortuanately they are not, on the contrary nationalism is on the rise that is what makes the future of this region bleak. Even if Kosovo were to be given full autonomy and the Albanians accepted that a Milosovic like nationalist is sure to come to the reigns of power in Serbia and do what what he did back in 1990.

Sorry for any offense I caused again.

Al-Jassas

Edited by Al Jassas - 19-Feb-2008 at 16:43
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 15:40
Do you really believe the completely unrealistic (I refrain from calling them idiotic), solutions you provided could work? Only as a joke
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 13:50
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello to you all

There are three ways for finalizing the Balkan problem:

1- For Turkey to reoccupy it excluding Greece since Turks are the only minority present in all the Balkan nations with large numbers.

2-Nuke the entire Penunsula and mover all the world's stateless people instead with defined borders

3- Reshape the map. Carve Bulgaria's southern provinces out, unite them and western Thrace with mother Turkey. Establish Greater Albania including northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Sandjak, Western Montenegro and Epirus. Split the rest of Macedonia Between Greece and Bulgaria. Join Srpska with mother Serbia and carve Voijdovina out and fuse it with Hungary. And finally, either join Bosnia with Albania to form a muslim state or unite it with Croatia in a federal state.

Al-Jassas

Even though I overlooked the CoC violations of this post keep in mind that humor is only funny when your audience is laughing. Try better next time.
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 13:23

1- For Turkey to reoccupy it excluding Greece since Turks are the only minority present in all the Balkan nations with large numbers.

Oh yes, a new civil war in the Balkans...excellent solution mate

2-Nuke the entire Penunsula and mover all the world's stateless people instead with defined borders

Oh, this is one of the best....I have a better idea let's grind down to dust every standing thing in here

3- Reshape the map. Carve Bulgaria's southern provinces out, unite them and western Thrace with mother Turkey. Establish Greater Albania including northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Sandjak, Western Montenegro and Epirus. Split the rest of Macedonia Between Greece and Bulgaria. Join Srpska with mother Serbia and carve Voijdovina out and fuse it with Hungary. And finally, either join Bosnia with Albania to form a muslim state or unite it with Croatia in a federal state.

This is the worst of all...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>