Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catholic Church's latest convert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catholic Church's latest convert
    Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 01:13
Tony Blair former overlord of the Anglican Church has become a left footer. Pundits had always suspected popery at number 10 but now the darstadly deed has come about.

One interesting fact is Mr Blair's record on certain matters. He forced all Christian adoption agencies in the UK (kicking and screaming) to operate a non-descriminatary policy towards Gay couples. Made the Morning After Pill be freely handed out at schools for girls 11+. Supports Gay marriage, contraception and abortion..... So a great track record for any new catholic.

Edited by Paul - 23-Dec-2007 at 01:14
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 05:54

Tony Blair former overlord of the Anglican Church has become a left footer.

This is the first time I've ever heard this expression. Do you know where it comes from Paul?

So a great track record for any new catholic.

Being a good politician and a good Catholic seem to be at odds with one another these days. I mean look at the Pope he's a horrible diplomat, never willing to compromise on any issue.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 06:02
Thats going to be some confession; "forgive me father for I have sinned, for I have supported fornication and sodomy".
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 19:07
Originally posted by JanusRook

This is the first time I've ever heard this expression. Do you know where it comes from Paul?

Me..... The PM chooses the Archbishop of Canterbury, so this means a Catholic has chosen the head of the Anglican Church. LOL

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 19:09
Originally posted by Sparten

Thats going to be some confession; "forgive me father for I have sinned, for I have supported fornication and sodomy".

"started more wars than any other British Prime Minister, been responcible for the deaths of half a million people."

"What! 6 Hail Mary's and I'm all forgiven. Ta very much".

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 04:57
Tony Blair was and is
a lair!

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 06:43
Me..... The PM chooses the Archbishop of Canterbury, so this means a Catholic has chosen the head of the Anglican Church. LOL

Wow I didn't know reunification would progress so far so soon.

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 06:58
If his wife and kids are already Catholic, why not join in and start counting on his own set of rosary beads?  
elenos
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 12:52
Originally posted by Paul

One interesting fact is Mr Blair's record on certain matters. He forced all Christian adoption agencies in the UK (kicking and screaming) to operate a non-descriminatary policy towards Gay couples. Made the Morning After Pill be freely handed out at schools for girls 11+. Supports Gay marriage, contraception and abortion..... So a great track record for any new catholic.

Well now, Catholics are individuals too, and humans, not just robots of doctrine. I don't think I know a single Catholic whose personal belief, whether in theory or practice, is 100% on accord with that of the Church. With the possible exception of a Dominican friar.

I think Blair made the right choice for himself here, as the Catholic world is possibly the most vibrant religious community on the planet today, and rarely do they strap on dynamite belts, which is a plus in my book.
Poppy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 13:40

From one extreme to another.  First of all he goes from being an butt kissing PM to a Catholic.  I dont know which is worse!  Looks like someone is doing what he can to get back on the front page or maybe just to pad out his memoirs!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 14:27
Originally posted by Reginmund

[QUOTE=Paul], and rarely do they strap on dynamite belts, which is a plus in my book.
Clearly you have never heard of Tamils.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 14:46

Actually I have, despite their relative obscurity. I did not know however that there is a Catholic minority among them, or that these have adopted the dynamite belt fashion. This is a clear breach of doctrine though, as unlike Muhammed Jesus could never afford a dynamite belt. Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher, all is vanity.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 20:39
actually upon taking Prophethood he also took upon poverty as he gave away his wealth for the sake of the community and is attributed with a modest life and poverty. his followers like members of Ummayah had substantial wealth. so he could not afford one either.

To get back on topic. I do not see what the big deal is. He knows what path fulfils him best as a person and believer. I wish him luck in his spiritual quest. His warmongering no matter how you view it has nothing to do with his conversion nor should it be a factor.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 05:42
Wasn't Asoka the Great one of the most bloodthirsty rulers of the Indian subcontinent until his sudden conversion to Buddhism?

Past actions should not have any bearing on conversions.

.....of course I believe this has very little to do with Tony Blair since from what I hear, he's been a closet Catholic most of his life.

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 08:54

Perhaps there should be a coming out of the spiritual closet party for Blair! What next Blair for Pope?

elenos
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 11:56

[QUOTE=Paul], and rarely do they strap on dynamite belts, which is a plus in my book.

Although the catholic chirch had sent out many death squads, they might have called them crusaders, conquisstadors or missionaries in different ages for different reasons, are suicid bombers rarely mentioned,that much is true.

And that the Tamil tigers are a catholic motivated group is a very new information for me, whereas i have second thoughts in it.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 15:15
I bet Blair is trying to ensure he won't be sent directly to hell when dies.

Mr. Satan must be very eager to pick that guy, indeed.

Blair got convinced Prostestantism don't have much influence with the Holly Father at all, so he better take the best chance to save his soul from which is available in the religion market.

If there is something wrong with the Catholic Church of today is that don't have an admission test. Theirs temples always have the door open for anyone to enter if they wish to do so. Anyone is welcome. (Pinochet was Catholic, for instance). They are all accepted as the repentent son of the parabole, including the worst criminals in jails or in the parlaments LOL 

Edited by pinguin - 25-Dec-2007 at 15:20
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 17:42
That's heresy pinguin! According to Catholic doctrine, absolvement is never unattainable, even for the worst criminal. Praying
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2007 at 17:59
Originally posted by JanusRook

Wasn't Asoka the Great one of the most bloodthirsty rulers of the Indian subcontinent until his sudden conversion to Buddhism?

Past actions should not have any bearing on conversions.

.....of course I believe this has very little to do with Tony Blair since from what I hear, he's been a closet Catholic most of his life.

I understand almost every prisoner in the US that has committed a henious crime is born again. Would you throw open the prison doors?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2007 at 03:01

That's heresy pinguin! According to Catholic doctrine, absolvement is never unattainable, even for the worst criminal. Praying

Heresy! My godness!

It can't be, though, because I am not Catholic but Agnostic.

Now, one of the things that I don't accept of the Catholic doctrine is precisely how soft it is with criminals. I preffer they receive what they deserve.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>