Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRosetta Stone-Decoding the Demotic Text

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>
Author
Petro Invictus View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosetta Stone-Decoding the Demotic Text
    Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 09:15
Why did Macedonians use Greek centuries before Greek was lingua franca and way before Koine then?

Macedonians put it in use in the 4th century BC. Why can't you find inscriptions in Greek before this period ANYWHERE in Macedonia.

On the other hand you can find a lot of Slavic inscriptions in Macedonia from even much earlier than that:

Greek has always been lingua franca, and my personal belief is that it became a national language of the Greek nation in 1820's.

Edited by Petro Invictus - 07-Dec-2007 at 09:44

...BRINGER OF THE DAWN...
Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 09:22
Originally posted by Flipper

Originally posted by Petro Invictus

Originally posted by akritas

This thread has 21 pages and only 5-6 pages consern the Rosetta Stone. All the others focus in the Slavonic origin of the ancientGreek Macedonians with sources the wiki and FYROMacedonians propagandisticspots.!!!!

Akritas, come on, you posted a third of it! And most of it really irrelevant and distracting!

To the contrary I am still waiting for you to take the challenge and CRACK the Demotic text with me, just for fun, and see how great these pseudo-scientists are, to even devise such a cunning way to read the Demotic text, and at the same time sound Slavic!

Let us expose their FRAUD!

Your scientists have still not gained any attention Petro...It is you that post copy paste propaganda from a site that quote Plutarch (who poses Alexander and Macedonians as Greek) selectively to prove things.You have posted 293847239847124 posts and completely avoided my quostions. Don't think you will burry what I wrote. I will still keep asking and I will remind you what the community believes about the work of T&B.

Well, it takes time for the scientific community to acknowledge their work or at least proclaim it a perfect fraud!

And I am still inviting you to be scientific and crack some codes with me here, just for fun, to see how amazing these professors of mine are.

You still haven't answered any of my questions too...and I was merely replying to your posts, so that the readers won't get a wrong impression about the work of the two scientists, because if you remember you were just focused on discrediting their status, competence, work...when in fact we agreed that there is incompetence among the participants! This is due to the fact that we spent 5-6 pages determining the difference between some linguistic terms such as: TRANSLATION, TRANSLITERATION and DECODING.

LET me refresh you memory! SO FAR:

1. We cannot find a full translation of the Demotic text from the Rosetta stone.

2. No-one can read it phonetically! Say, pronounce the symbols, and their equivalents, in English, we do not know how was the text decoded (if it was at all, meaning the process as in comparison to the Greek text or the Hierogliphic), and how much it resembles the Coptic or the Egyptian language you claim it to be!

3. There are indications that it was a script used for personal correspondence.

4. We know it was the original text on the Rosetta stone, so it seems that Ptolemy was using this script to announce the decree, to be later translated in the Hieroglyphic and Greek text.

5. We have seen that the Demotic script was in use by many languages. Why not Macedonian, the language of the rulers of Egypt at that time?

So far, we couldn't find any study of the Demotic script? Like the research paper of Tentov and compare them?

This is due to the fact that the Demotic text has been TRANSLITERATED, based on the Greek text.

So let us SUM UP:

1. The work of Tome Boshevski and Aristotel Tentov offer a systematic analysis of the Demotic text from the Rosetta stone.

2. The basic assumption of their analysis was that in the middle text of the Rosetta Stone a syllabic script of only the consonant - vowel type is used. This assumption means a new direction in studying the demotic script and syllabic scripts from that period, unlike the concept of current scholarship of the wiring for sound of only the syllabic signs with consonants, while at the same time ignoring the vowels.

3. Up until now the research studies of the Demotic text from the Rosetta stone has not produced a systematic analysis of the phonetic representation of the Demotic script. The book titled as The Rosetta stone by E.A. Wallis Budge that you quoted above, offers TRANSLITERATION of the middle text from the Rosetta stone, based on a word-by-word assumption ( not a PHONETIC decodin of the text) in comparison to the Greek text at the bottom of the stelae.

Take a look:

http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/projects/dem/

http://books.google.com/books?id=ELJG-O9mG_wC&pg=PP1&ots=bP3g1U989o&dq=The+Rosetta+Stone+by+Wallis+Budge&sig=c2KVh0KUzfxjE7jhX-LBMaxEQmw

4. Tome Boshevski and Aristotel Tentov give the full system of phonetics in the Demotic script, which does not contradict the achievements of the international scientific community. Moreover it supplements it!

5. This TRANSLATION of the Demotic text from the Rosetta stone is the only THOROUGH study of this text.

NOTE: We are not talking about the whole of Demotic studies, with all the forms of Demotic used by Persians, Egyptians or other people in the antiquity. We are discussing the Demotic of the Ptolemy era, which was used for personal correspondence and was identified as "decument writing". So the ruler Ptolemy, a descendant of the Macedonians, and closely related to Alexander the Great, could have used the script to declare the decree in his own mother tongue, which was different from Koine-the adminsitrative "Esperanto" of the ancient world, which was later to be translated in Egyptian (using the Hierogliphic script), and Greek (with the Greek script).

6. So the basic assumption here is that the Rosetta stone is TRILINGUAL, not bilingual as considered so far. Or the other hand, there are other stellas containing three scripts, among which the Demotic, and are listed as TRILINGUAL.

So if all the other stellas were written in THREE SCRIPS and are TRILINGUAL, why would the Rosetta stone be different? Why would the rulers of Egypt at that time, who did not speak the Egyptian until Cleopatra, use two Egyptian langauges with two different scripts?

7. The argument in support of Tome Boshevski and Aristotel Tentov's thesis is the translation of the Greek text from the Rosetta stone, where it says that the decree should be inscribed on a hard stone in three scripts, and it classifies the Demotic as the script used for the "native" language. Native to whom? The people, or the rulers?

You can study their research on the following sites:

http://www.exploringmacedonia.com/wbstorage/Files/Roseta_Stone-26-2-2005-Boshevski-Tentov-english.pdf

http://rosetta-stone.etf.ukim.edu.mk/

Edited by Petro Invictus - 07-Dec-2007 at 09:37

Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 09:42
You have posted 293847239847124 posts and completely avoided my quostions. Don't think you will burry what I wrote.

As you can see I am focusing my debate around the Rosetta stone and the work of Tentov and Boshevski.

However, Akritas:

Since I have started this forum there have been certain particiapnts who have constantly offered unreliable arguments to confuse the readers regarding the research work of our two scientists.

1. They first focused on the Demotic script being Egyptian language;

2. Then not being able to provide a comparative study with the Coptic, which is the remnant of the Egyptian of that time, they clamed that the text had already been translated by many authors, and the truth is that it has been TANSLITERATED, or interpreted by the scholars, but it has never been decoded in terms of a language that can be spoken and understood, which means that the Demotic script was used with a so-far unknown language;

3. Then they started offering "evidence" about the non-existance of the Macedonian language. To what point I beg you? We are focusing on the language on the Rosetta stone who said it was Macedonian? I just say it resembles modern day Macedonian a great DEAL. And I am so excited? I can read Demotic, and I will write poetry in Demotic now!    

4. Then they tried to persuade me that the approach that the professors took was wrong, when in fact their text confirmed that it is quite correct.

5. They haven't posed any serious argument against the research work of the two scientists, yet they do not allow the visitor to focus on the work of decoding itself, by debating with unchecked sources, and ambiguous interpretations (transliterations) of the text in question. LET THE PEOPLE SEE IT!

You are all invited to study this script it is amazing!

By the way I am a teacher of English, as well as poet and writer, and I love my country, and my nation very much. We are a rather new state but a very old nation, and our tradition is rooted in our wine, our beautiful women, and our welcoming home.

And I respect all other cultures that have made this world more beautiful. But I am rather Macedonian and I have a story to tell, which is just another point of view. I have not come here to contradict anyone. I have merely intended to introduce you to the TRUTH.

On the other hand these participants have constantly insulted me by calling me nationalistic names, which is mind you a POLITICAL issue and I think we are dealing with science here.

They have created a wrong opinion about two well respected academics (MIND YOU-highest educational honour)from the Republic of Macedonia, callyng them:

"The essay of the pseudo-macedonists it doesnt USE THESE DIAGRITICAL MARKS but only the phoenetical. Is a falsificated trick that use people like the two Slavmacedonians "professors" in order to run-around the common people but not the academaics."

THIS KIND OF LANGUAGE IS A NATIONALISTIC INSULT!

It discredits the reputation of two respected scientists and the science of the Republic of Macedonia.

It made them look like idiots. Stop creating prejudices! Let the people SEE THE TRUTH!

These individuals have not even tried to read the text with the instruction given in the research paper, and yet pose arguments against.

I am open to debate all aspects of the research work of the two scientists from MACEDONIA, without any political inclination.

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 10:34

Well if you can read the ancient Greek you might guess the Slavic meaning!

It means that the Hellenic form of the name is a translation of the original in Demotic...

When I spoke of Hellenic names I meant about Philip, Ptolemy...

However, Hellenic is quite different from Greek today, taking into account the population exchange with Turkey, the 400 years of Ottoman rule, the raids of the Crusaiders...

And what does Philip, Ptolemy etc mean in Slavic? Nothing...They are Greek names.

Where is Drago and Svetlana?

After 2000 years all languages are different. It is the natural evolution of speech. Before the Greek of today you had Byzantine Greek which is a continuation of Koine. 400 years of Ottoman rule gave load words not different grammar. The grammar was simplified already with Koine. The populations that came from Turkey were Ionians and Pontians. What language do Pontians speak? Moreover, we do not speak pontian in Greece, except from the native speakers who speak it within the family. Our demotic is based on Attic.

Also I would love to hear an explanation from you, how a Pontian from remote areas like Uzbekistan, that do not speak common Greek but only Pontian, can conversate with other Greeks? Not at a high level, but a good one.

The question again is...Why did Macedonians have Greek names? And not just ordinary names but names like "Hellas"?

Edited by Flipper - 07-Dec-2007 at 18:17

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 10:41

Why did Macedonians use Greek centuries before Greek was lingua franca and way before Koine then?

Macedonians put it in use in the 4th century BC. Why can't you find inscriptions in Greek before this period ANYWHERE in Macedonia.

On the other hand you can find a lot of Slavic inscriptions in Macedonia from even much earlier than that:

Greek has always been lingua franca, and my personal belief is that it became a national language of the Greek nation in 1820's.

The personal belongings inscribed with Greek names are from the 7th and 5th century BC. The Kindom was established by Karanos around the 7th century.

The Macedonians arrived in Macedon after the reign of Deucalion where other people lived like Cadmeians, some Illyrians but mostly Cretans and Epirotans. If you go way back you will find various cultures unrelated to Macedonia. However, the Macedonian cementaries of the 13th century are identical with the Mycenaean (I have a 600 pages archeological report at home) as Hammond attested as well. Note that Cretan scripts have been found in Dispilio dating back to 5250BC which verifies the fact that Botton and the Bottians arrived in Macedonia and gave the name Bottia to the region around Veria.

Now, I don't know any archeological institute or report (except from UKIMs people) that speak about Slavs in Macedonia at the time cretan, mycenaean and other helladic culutres settled.

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 10:43
Petro one more question...

Do you see UKIM as a university you trust 100%? I mean do you respect all works presented there or will you stick only with T&B? Embarrassed

Would you accept other historic views of people working there?

Chilbudios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 11:37
The play is called Makedones. There are people speaking attic and another dialect. There is no "Athenian" and no "others" in the text. Just people speaking. When the one part is definetelly Attic what would the other be in a play called "Macedonians"?

How much IQ is needed on this?
Flipper, I've seen few editions of the Deipnosophists and commentaries on this and there's about an Attic speaker (probably an Athenian, these are no ethnographic studies, but plays of Athenian authors - in Yonge's edition, 1854, is translated as such) with an "other" (check book VII, 122). In your translation of the text you considered the other a Macedonian. While it is probable to be so, it's not certain it is so, and certainly the text doesn't say he's one (actualyly it doesn't say anything about his identity). We do not have any outline of the play so we can't be sure all its characters were only Macedonians and Attic speakers. And there are several other mentions of the word in that section, and no-one is connected explicitely with Macedonians (or Macedonia). "Kestra" is presented as an exceptional occurence (of the Attic writers), not as the common form (for Athenaeus, a Greek living in Egypt and perhaps in Rome, writing around 200 AD).
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 13:43
I have followed this thread from the beginning and I would really, really appreciate it if people could stop "copy-pasting" tons of text and Egyptian alphabets  that nobody reads or understands..

I think that if that was the case there would be more people participating in it.
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 14:13
Originally posted by Chilbudios

Flipper, I've seen few editions of the Deipnosophists and commentaries on this and there's about an Attic speaker (probably an Athenian, these are no ethnographic studies, but plays of Athenian authors - in Yonge's edition, 1854, is translated as such) with an "other" (check book VII, 122). In your translation of the text you considered the other a Macedonian. While it is probable to be so, it's not certain it is so, and certainly the text doesn't say he's one (actualyly it doesn't say anything about his identity). We do not have any outline of the play so we can't be sure all its characters were only Macedonians and Attic speakers. And there are several other mentions of the word in that section, and no-one is connected explicitely with Macedonians (or Macedonia). "Kestra" is presented as an exceptional occurence (of the Attic writers), not as the common form (for Athenaeus, a Greek living in Egypt and perhaps in Rome, writing around 200 AD).

What is certain on this play is that in the ancient greek text there are no Athenians nor Others mentioned. There are Attic speaking people and people who speak a form of Doric language with Aeolic resonance now and then.

That means that even the Attic speaker could be other than Athenian. It could be a person from Asia Minor. On the other side, whoever the other persons are they speak this form of Doric. I'm not aware of some tribe speaking Doric and Aeolic except from the Palladarian dialect (Bithynia) which has Attic, Doric and Aeolic elements.

Now, just some notes...

The Macedonians were neighbours with Aeolic people like the Thessalians. Their "cousin" tribe were the Magnetes (According to the religion, Macedon and Magnes are brothers) who spoke the Aeolic language. Furthermore, back in the Days when few things were known about Macedonia, the German Linguist Otto Hoffman suggested that the Macedonians spoke Aeolic. His conclution could be related to the facts that:

a) The Aeolic dialect was a product of Thessaly which was next to Macedonia.

b) Some refferences of Athenians towards Aeolic speaking people for speaking barbarically. Ofcourse Aeolic is one of the basic forms of Greek, with different breathings and voicing compared to Attic.

Edited by Flipper - 07-Dec-2007 at 14:15

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 14:47

This thread has 21 pages and only 5-6 pages consern the Rosetta Stone. All the others focus in the Slavonic origin of the ancient Greek Macedonians with sources the  wiki and FYROMacedonians propagandistic spots .!!!!

Akritas, come on, you posted a third of it! And most of it really irrelevant and distracting!

To the contrary I am still waiting for you to take the challenge and CRACK the Demotic text with me, just for fun, and see how great these pseudo-scientists are, to even devise such a cunning way to read the Demotic text, and at the same time sound Slavic!

Let us expose their FRAUD!

No continue, actually allempires staff allowing these  Panslavic theories that show Egyptian, Greek and un-decipher  texts as Slavmacedonians. What I have to said are clear in my first posts.

I am not play propagandistic games.The inferiority complex of these lads (and you as a copy-paster) is without end.

Edited by akritas - 07-Dec-2007 at 14:50
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 14:54
There's nothing certain in the play because we do not have its text, but the gloss of some other author. If there's a dialog between an Attic speaker and some other person, what's wrong in consider him (or them, if we want to generalize for to conclude something about the language spoke by a population) "other"? The "other" is directly inferred from the text, while the "Macedonian" is not, for it is based on no other information but the title of a play of one author (and there are several authors involved in this piece of text, Athenaeus/Athenaios himself and the other authors he invokes).

I cannot argue about the subtle interractions between Greek dialects but in a book like the one I've mentioned earlier in the thread there are multiple and various interractions between dialects.
But the real question, even if we'd decide for a probable location of this speaker somewhere in the northern Greece at the northern or western border of Aetolian dialectal area (even in Macedonia), is how this piece of language is actually the language of the population? One can remember the example of Thrace which with few exceptions has only Greek inscriptions. Analysing the dialectal features from those texts may be misleading, for Thracian certainly wasn't a Greek dialect.

chicagogeorge View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 16:20
If anyone is interested to read and listen to scholarly work on the Rosetta Stone here it is from the British Museum:

Here is the translation of the Greek section:

Eygyptian Demotic:

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 16:51

One can remember the example of Thrace which with few exceptions has only Greek inscriptions. Analysing the dialectal features from those texts may be misleading, for Thracian certainly wasn't a Greek dialect.

I usually refer to Thracians as a perfect example. They used Greek letters but the content is far from Greek. I mean, if you know to read Greek you can read Thracian inscription but without understanding a word of it.

Is there a similar example in Macedonia? I mean an inscription written in the Greek alphabet but in another language? Not a single one. In Thrace however, you have the native language written down. The knowledge of the alphabet dirived from the Ionians who inhabited the coast of Thrace.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 17:04
Flipper there're few Thracian inscriptions bearing a non-Greek text but in Greek alphabet: the Ezerovo ring, the bustrophedon inscription from Kjolmen, two findings from Duvanli (IIRC on a ring and on a vessel) and maybe some few other very short fragments. Most of the knowledge of Thracian doesn't come from inscriptions but from glosses in Greek texts and Thracian names (anthroponymy, toponymy, etc.).

Anyway, if you'd read Mirena Slavova's Phonology of Greek Inscriptions in Bulgaria or the older but classic book of Georgi Mihailov, La langue des inscriptions greqcues en Bulgarie and the IGB collection which was initiated by him (a lot of inscriptions from that collection can be found here: http://epigraphy.packhum.org/inscriptions/main (check Thrace and Lower Danube - this collection is listed under IGBulg) you'll notice an impressive number of inscriptions in Greek alphabet but showing Greek names and Greek text. The corpus of Thracian inscriptions is insignificant in comparision with the Greek ones. And yet, from ancient sources we learn this area was predominantly inhabited by Thracians, not Greeks.
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 17:27

Flipper there're few Thracian inscriptions bearing a non-Greek text but in Greek alphabet: the Ezerovo ring, the bustrophedon inscription from Kjolmen, two findings from Duvanli (IIRC on a ring and on a vessel) and maybe some few other very short fragments. Most of the knowledge of Thracian doesn't come from inscriptions but from glosses in Greek texts and Thracian names (anthroponymy, toponymy, etc.).

Anyway, if you'd read Mirena Slavova's Phonology of Greek Inscriptions in Bulgaria or the older but classic book of Georgi Mihailov, La langue des inscriptions greqcues en Bulgarie and the IGB collection which was initiated by him (a lot of inscriptions from that collection can be found here: http://epigraphy.packhum.org/inscriptions/main (check Thrace and Lower Danube - this collection is listed under IGBulg) you'll notice an impressive number of inscriptions in Greek alphabet but showing Greek names and Greek text. The corpus of Thracian inscriptions is insignificant in comparision with the Greek ones. And yet, from ancient sources we learn this area was predominantly inhabited by Thracians, not Greeks.

Wait...Thracian and Thracian is different depending on what period and location we talk about...

I mean, a name like ΣΥΗΣΑ ΤΥΡΗTΟΣ seems Greek but it is not. The -OS endings seem to be common in Greek/Thracian/Phrygian names. However the root of the words are not Greek nor would a Greek ever write Υ and H next to eachother (YH) without a vowel before them.

Second, there are many Greek colonies in Thrace. Are you talking about pre-Hellenistic incriptions in Greek that are in non-colonial places?

Third, Thrace got heavy hellenic influnce in the end. Especially during the early Byzantine years many languages are known to have dissappeared. Phrygian was the last of them around the 6th century AD.

The link you gave goes to the main page of the epigraphy project. Do you have an ID on the inscriptions you were thinking? There are marked like IG XXX, Y or something.

Edited by Flipper - 07-Dec-2007 at 17:48

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 17:31

Greek inscriptions were found in Macedonia dating already in the 5th century BC. In most of the rest of the Greek world, inscriptions date no later than the 6th and in very rare occasions in the 7th century. This is consistent with the cultural emergence of Macedonia in the Greek world, which was later than other -more developed- areas.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 17:42
So, Flipper, let me get it straight:
- Greeks do not make grammatical mistakes
- when Greek texts are found outside actual territory of Greece and FYROM we can talk about colonies and Hellenization, but not inside.

In that site do as I have instructed, choose "Thrace and Lower Danube"  link and feel free to browse the inscriptions. I didn't mean a certain inscription but the large number of inscriptions in Greek from this area compared to the number of inscriptions in Thracian.

Edited by Chilbudios - 07-Dec-2007 at 17:42
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 17:58

So, Flipper, let me get it straight:
- Greeks do not make grammatical mistakes
- when Greek texts are found outside actual territory of Greece and FYROM we can talk about colonies and Hellenization, but not inside.

In that site do as I have instructed, choose "Thrace and Lower Danube"  link and feel free to browse the inscriptions. I didn't mean a certain inscription but the large number of inscriptions in Greek from this area compared to the number of inscriptions in Thracian.

Ofcourse...But YH could be used in very few cases only if a vowel comes before.

E.G: ΕΥΗ (EVI)

Now to write ΣΗΥ where you have S instead of a vowel is pretty absurd. Especially when the specific example is a printed coin of Seuthes (Who was ofcourse not Greek).

For your second question. Do you mean that Pella, Vergina, Aigea, Aiani, Sindos, Apidaia, Argos Orestikon and Therma were colonies? And what was Macedonian then? Is there anything else left?

Olynthos, Potidaia etc were indeed works of Chalkidean and Corinthian settlers but that is evident not just from the historical records but as well from the material culture.

Now, I will have a closer look at the inscriptions...Most of them so far however are indeed from colonies. Others are from AD and are both in Greek and Latin.

What I'm looking for is a pre-Hellenistic inscription from Thrace. Then I think we can start comparing about hellenic influence.

Edited by Flipper - 07-Dec-2007 at 17:58

Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 18:59
Originally posted by Flipper

Petro one more question...Do you see UKIM as a university you trust 100%? I mean do you respect all works presented there or will you stick only with T&B? EmbarrassedWould you accept other historic views of people working there?

Flipper how can you ask such a question?!? Do you see UKIM as a university you trust 100%?

Of course I do! I graduated from it! Do I accept other historic views! Of course, but I may not agree with them!

You see I was taught to be critical and objective! Not dogmatic!

Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2007 at 19:00

This thread has 21 pages and only 5-6 pages consern the Rosetta Stone. All the others focus in the Slavonic origin of the ancientGreek Macedonians with sources the wiki and FYROMacedonians propagandisticspots.!!!!

Akritas, come on, you posted a third of it! And most of it really irrelevant and distracting! To the contrary I am still waiting for you to take the challenge and CRACK the Demotic text with me, just for fun, and see how great these pseudo-scientists are, to even devise such a cunning way to read the Demotic text, and at the same time sound Slavic! Let us expose their FRAUD!

No continue, actually allempires staff allowing these Panslavic theories that show Egyptian, Greek and un-deciphertexts as Slavmacedonians. What I have to said are clear in my first posts.

I am not play propagandistic games.The inferiority complex of these lads (and you as a copy-paster) is without end.

Akritas but you copy-paste a lot too. In fact, I learned it from you here! Remember I am the new one!

On the other hand, I copy-paste only quotes and of course the charts from Tome Boshevski and Aristotel Tentov, necessary to present the issue here. And I always give the source, at the beginning I had problems with the application here, but I got the most of it I think!

Edited by Petro Invictus - 07-Dec-2007 at 19:03

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>