Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the
    Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 07:59

Es Bih, we know that Muslims think that Jews and Christians have distorted the Taurat and the Injil.......and yet, you still talk about how the Torah and the NT are integral to Islam. If Islam claims that we use "distorted" books, why claim that Christians worship the same God they derived from their "distorted" sources.

Difference of definition of God is good enough to separate the god of the Muslims and the God of the Christians.

We believe that Jesus is God, appeared in the Torah as the "Angel of the Lord" and is cited in prophecies in the Torah.

You don't.

Still the same god?

Unless Christians confess that Allah has no son and he is not a Trinity, Christians will not believe that their God is the same as that of Islam. Unless Muslims confess that Jesus is God, Muslims will not believe the God of the Christians is the same as Islam's.

If, as you say that the Torah and the NT are part of the theological curriculum, why are Muslim scholars accusing us of doctrines we've never taught? Why are they making disastrous mistakes in interpreting Biblical texts?

Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 07:12
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

If we worship different God's as you yourself said, then why did you say that we worship the same one?

What? I said we do, and added that the bible and torah are integral to islam being divine revelations and a necessary part in theological curriculum.
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 05:58

This is the type of debate based simply on semantics. We have those who say we don't worship the same God and bring up some smart comments and then the people who say we do and bring about the whole peace and unity deal in. The truth is we won't know until we're all dead.

Sorry folks that's just how it is. If you want to continue the whole "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it still make a sound" type debate go for it. But the truth is what i just stated.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 03:49
If we worship different God's as you yourself said, then why did you say that we worship the same one?

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 03:45
Seriously what are you talking about? The bible is an integral part of Islamic thrology. Readt he Quran. Furthermore any Imam must be knowledgable in the Torah abd Bible. It is the same God. You have a different defenition on describing God and we too.
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2008 at 02:15
I don't know what your friend is talking about, but Islamic theology , and the Qu'ran mention explicitly that we worship the same God. 

Islamic theology may say that we worship the same God - but as we all know, Muslims don't believe in the Trinity. So how is it still the same God?

The Bible doesn't speak for Muslims, and neither does the Quran speak for Christians so if the Muslims insist that the God of the Christians is the same as Allah, then either one has to accept the Trinity, or the other has to reject the Trinity.

Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 18:06
So what is allah's defintion of someone who deserves heaven?, none of us deserve heaven it's only by the grace of God that we get there. And my research isn't biased all I did was ask a legitimate question which you havn't answered, why don't you read some of the sura's from previous post's in this thread? and you'll see about allah's attitude toward non-believer's.   

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:39
God in the Qu'ran says that anyone who deserves heaven shall recieve it also. Christians and Jews are not hated by God. I guess doing extensive non-biased research would be a better route next time.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:21
But doesn't the koran say that allah loves only those who are faithful to him and those who obey him?, whereas according to the bible God loves everyone and willforigve their isn's if they aks it of him, and doesn't allah lie?, whereas God doesn't lie. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 17:16
I don't know what your friend is talking about, but Islamic theology , and the Qu'ran mention explicitly that we worship the same God. 
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 16:30
A religion consists not only of the sole belief in God,but also of the moral teachings it preaches.Each religion says that some things are good and some evil.That's why there are contradictions between some religions.For example something can be considered in one religion as good,while in another as evil,so we can't say all religions are good...It is a matter of which religion you believe in.
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2008 at 15:53
A lot of the Muslim "Da'wah" materials I come across seem to be written directly at Christians. Why the need to convert us to Islam if we do worship the same God?

I am curious thats all.

A Muslim friend and I both discussed about our respective faiths. We both agreed that we do not worship the same God. I appreciated his honesty and candor. I was not offended by his views about Jesus, neither was he offended at mine.

But I do say he is moving away from Orthodox Sunni Islam though.....he's actually leaning more towards Sufi islam. Will be interesting to see where his path leads.

Peace, Salaam, Shalom, Pax Vobiscum!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 20:30
You make a good point Janus.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 18:11

I doubt he will pray in Buddhist or Hindu Temple with Budhhist or Hindu way.

Why would he? Neither group worships the "same" God as Jews, Muslims and Christians....

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2007 at 18:08

Pope Benedict prays in the Muslim way with the Turkish Islamic clerics during his visit to a Mosque in Turkey.

I doubt he will pray in Buddhist or Hindu Temple with Budhhist or Hindu way.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 07:14
I've seen a handful of articles that verge on bigoted especially on superficial explanations of role of women in Islam. Sorry to say but Savage and this site won't bring you any closer to understanding Islam nor will it acheive any sort of proper dialouge. A better answer would be a dialouge between learned scholars of both, not people with a clear agenda.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 07:12
That site is definetly the wrong path to understanding the relationship between Islam and Christianity or learning about Islam. I will not go anti-Mormon.com to learn about Mormons...
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 23:01
Islam and Christianity have major differences and to a degree different roots. If you want to see the difference then check out this site:

http://answering-islam.org.uk/

I realize that Muslims believe in the same Prophets such as Moses etc and Isa/Jesus but there is a difference.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 05:46

Mohamed for Muslims
?noone? for Jews or they are still waiting

None, to the Jews (correct me if I'm wrong) their messiah is an earthly king, which is why many would not accept Christ who said that his kingdom was a heavenly one.

Oh and you are way wrong with Muhammad, in fact he made special care that this would not happen with him after his death. Muhammad is more like St. Paul than like Jesus.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 06:37
Yes intercommunication between most of the manifestations.
Inter-communion between the major ones that adhered to the most alike set of theological views. They were still autonomous elements rather than a monolith as we see with the Catholic Church today or the various Orthodox entities. In a modern perspective it was the same as the relationship between the various Orthodox entities who are for the most part autonomous, but remain unison through their inter-communion with the patriarch at Istanbul(Constantinople). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>