Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most Effective Terrorgroup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bosnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Effective Terrorgroup
    Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 19:49
I would say Crna Ruka (Panslawists), they caused the WW1, due to this a Panslawian State was formed, Jugoslawia,
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 19:51
no one has pulled quite a show off like Al Queada, and for effecting domestic policy the KKK is very effective.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 20:00
Al Quaeda, what losers.. they take a couple of buildings on US turf, and the US goes over to theirs and takes a couple of countries.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 20:07

yes dont you see it, their plan worked perfectly.  Their objective had long been to lure the US into a middle eastern quagmire and gain recruits from anti american sentiment and th elikely american reaction, and so far their plan is working with nary a hitch.

-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 00:51
i see Big Macs in Baghdad
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 07:10

JI has been quite effective in Indonesia, and other regions of SE Asia recently. And I agree with Tobodai about Al Qaeda and the KKK. The funny thing is that the US government has done almost nothing to hinder the KKK. Makes you think, huh?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 07:54
The Contras
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 11:54
ASALA-The Armenian terror group of 1970s were very effective.The group commited crimes from North America to Australia and murdered innocents of  many nationalities.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 12:49

Al Qaida is pretty effective indeed, they were instrumental against the USSR in Afghanistan and recently made the US leave Saudi Arabia. America's response to Al Qaida was to invade Afghanistan, which failed to bag Bin Ladin. Invasion of Iraq, as everyone who doesn't exclusively watch Fox TV knows, has nothing to do with AQ. By removing Saddam, who was an enemy of AQ, the US made a favour for the AQ, and turned Iraq, which was previously a safe zone, into AQ operations theatre number one. Not to mention the millions of Muslims everywhere (and many others) who started to see the US as an evil crusading power, just the thing AQ wants. This is all bad for US, so why is the US doing it? Can they really be that stupid? Bush II apparently is, but the others aren't:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4228717.stm

'Earlier that week, US oil giant Exxon Mobil announced that it had made a record $25.3bn (13.4bn) profit in 2004 as it benefited from the surge in crude oil prices.

ChevronTexaco recently said its fourth quarter profits had nearly doubled to $3.44bn, against the same period in 2003.'

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2005/01/31/da ily42.html

'Defense contractor Raytheon Co. Thursday reported a 16 percent increase in fourth quarter 2004 earnings.'

As to other effective terror organisations, Vietcong was very effective. Defeated France and the US. Che's group in Cuban revolution was also very effective, they took over most of the country with a force of 150-300 people (of course, the Batista regime was very ineffective).

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 14:50
As for ineffective, I would say the ETA in Spain.
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 21:42

IRA (original)

American Revolutionaries

Eztel (Menachem Begin's group)

were pretty successful......They all won.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 21:46
I say Al Queda.Definitely,the insurgents have been successful in most cases as well.Also,there is a terrorist group in the Pacific Islands which probably had ties to Al Queda,in which one of the people who bombed a building in 1993 possibly had ties to.

In Honor
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 00:44

Originally posted by Catt

i see Big Macs in Baghdad

a;long with a worldwide increase in AlQueada recruitment and a new theatrer for them to operate in , yes.

-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 11:58
Al Qaeda's bright spot may have been in Spain where the people caved and likely turned an election.

They attacked the US because of its presence and influence in their region, now look.
No need to stay in Saudi, more options today to setup camp.

We are talking about a handful of insergents verses millions of free people.
Ask the Taliban how effective they are.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 19:40

Yes our wonderful ally Saudi Arabia ...

I applaud the Spanish election, Jose Maria Asnar immediately jumped the gun when the attack happened and blamed the ETA which was wrong, Spain also had nothing to gain in Iraq, and so voters threw him out because he blamed the wrong people.

I dont care if the peopel in Iraq are free, they really arent free yet anyway, but in the Cold War we were smart, we allied with evil people to uphold overal strategic goals.  This worked, we should have doen it tacitly with Saddam, he was secular, he was powerful, and he stablizied the rejoin after being neutered after 91, most of the people he tortured where the people we now fight.  Military action against Saudi Arabia makes 50 times more sense than action against Iraq when fighting crazy extremists.

-Alexander Hamilton
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 19:55

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

ASALA-The Armenian terror group of 1970s were very effective.The group commited crimes from North America to Australia and murdered innocents of  many nationalities.

What are you talking about?  ASALA generally targeted Turkish diplomats. Don't forget about the Turkish Group - 'Grey Wolves'

(Don't get me wrong, I obviously don't support terrorism)

Edited by Artaxiad
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 04:58
Post Preview
nClick=window.close()">

You dont obviously support terrorism,but you put a terror group under the same category with a group of nationalist people who didnt create any terror?

i guess you werent informed about The Orly Massacre of the armenian terror group which killed american and french civilians besides The Turkish civilians.

During the ASALAbombings and sieges,serbian,american,french,portuguese..etc people were murdered also.

Yes,ASALA generally targeted the Turkish diplomats worldwide.But hey this cant justify their terror!it must not.

These are the cities where the ASALA commited crimes.A true global terrorism,isnt it?

Santa Barbara / Consul General Mehmet BAYDAR
Santa Barbara / Consul Bahadr DEMR
22.10.1975 Vienna / Ambassador Dani TUNALIGL
24.10.1975 Paris / Ambassador smail EREZ
Paris / Driver Talip YENER
16.02.1976 Beirut / First Secretary

Oktar CRT

09.06.1977 Vatican City / Ambassador Taha CARIM
02.06.1978 Madrid / Ambassadors wife Necla KUNERALP
Madrid / Retired Ambassador Beir BALCIOLU
12.10.1979 The Hague / Ambassadors son Ahmet BENLER
22.12.1979 Paris / Tourism Counsellor Ylmaz OLPAN
31.07.1980 Athens / Administrative Attache   Galip ZMEN
Athens / Administrative Attachs daughter Neslihan ZMEN
17.12.1980 Sydney / Consul General ark ARIYAK
Sydney / Security Attach

Engin SEVER

Paris / Counsellor for Labour Affairs Reat MORALI
Paris / Counsellor for Religious Affairs Tecelli ARI
09.06.1981 Geneva / Secretary M.Sava YERGZ
24.09.1981 Paris / Security Attach Cemal ZEN
28.01.1982 Los Angeles / Consul General Kemal ARIKAN
08.04.1982 Ottawa / Counsellor for Commercial Affairs Kani GNGR
04.05.1982 Boston / Honorary Consul General    Orhan GNDZ
07.06.1982 Lisbon / Administrative Attach Erkut AKBAY
27.08.1982 Ottawa /Colonel, Military Attach Atilla ALTIKAT
09.09.1982 Bourgas / Administrative Attach Bora SELKAN
08.01.1983 Lisbon / Administrative Attachs wife, wounded in the armed assault directed against her husband Erkut Akbay on 07 06 1982, died on 08 01 1983 Nadide AKBAY
09.03.1983 Belgrade / Ambassador Galip BALKAR
14.07.1983 Brussels / Administrative Attach Dursun AKSOY
27.07.1983 Lisbon / Counsellors wife Cahide MIHIOLU
28.04.1984 Teheran / Secretarys wife Ik YNDER
20.06.1984 Vienna / Attach for Labour Affairs Erdoan ZEN
19.11.1984 Vienna / International Official Enver ERGUN
07.10.1991 Athens / Press Attach etin GRG
11.12.1993 Baghdad / Administrative Attach alar YCEL
04.07.1994 Athens

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 12:34

Sendero Luminoso ( Peru )
and the Kaibiles from Guatemala.

Bosnjo View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Bosnjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 07:57

@ Diplomant the Asla was very well organized, i have never heard something about them.

Al Qaidas aims are similar with the aims of the "Black Hand", they wanted to provoke their enemy to an overreaction, so that they could get a peoples insurgency, but Al Qaida failed at the moment, because the US did not overreact rather they (ab)used  the 9.11 for their stragical aims, the question is what happens continue in Iraq and if the US is going to attack a further islamic Country.

What is the KKK doing now, I thought they are history.

I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 11:36
Originally posted by Vamun Tianshu

I say Al Queda.Definitely,the insurgents have been successful in most cases as well.Also,there is a terrorist group in the Pacific Islands which probably had ties to Al Queda,in which one of the people who bombed a building in 1993 possibly had ties to.

I watched a program on BBC a few months back, where a few journalists and former members of the British intelligence services stated the theory, that the idea that Al Queda was a world wide terror network with enormous resources and connections was just a product of American propaganda.
They believed that Al Queda was an organisation with a rather limited influence and that the notion that Bin Laden would command thousands of militant terrorists around the world was simply ludicrous. At its best, Al Queda was part of a very loose network of similar Islamic groups whose powers and membership was grotesquely over-estimated.
It is for any outsider quite impossible to verify the arguments brought forward here, but the idea that the Bush administration created a monster to justify all sorts of political and military manouvers, is not completely absurd. Or is it?
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>