Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish Military gives a warning to the Parliament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish Military gives a warning to the Parliament
    Posted: 28-Apr-2007 at 14:53
Heard today about the warning, given from the Turkish generals to the turkish parliament. 
The election of the new president is on the agenda.
The officers of the turkish army are worried that the laicism principle of the turkish constitution will be bypassed.

Might be our many turkish friends among the ae community can lighten us.

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2007 at 16:24
When political crises occures Turkey,and turkish army officers are worried, Greek friends can lighten you as wellShocked...

Edited by Athanasios - 28-Apr-2007 at 16:27

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2007 at 18:40
Here a article about, http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=109754
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 05:17
AKP governent was drowning in the crisis they own created, Bulent Arinc, an important man in Akp and chairman of the parliament blackmailed Erdogan; Erdogan's aim was to select a laicist-modernist president, Arinc refused this, created a crisis in his party and at the top of parliament.

Apart from president elections, in Akp rule Turkish interior-foreign politics was harmed too much and army was blamed many times, Akp created a mess of inconsistent politics.At the beginning of all, they are constrast with their past thoughts and speeches.

I thought Turkey was in a chaotic situation and as a protecter of interior and foreign security army warned the government that that going was not good.They were right, we all forgot what for we were living, what was the republic's ideals, why we struggled against PKK for years..

I don't think this is a primitive  behaviour, yes, not a good event in a democracy but the civilian politics was in a desperate situation.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 09:16
Breh,Breh.

It is funny, There are still some people who love coups..

why we struggled against PKK for years..

Indeed, and army failed against PKK(Maybe, Reason is instead of becoming a military, they becomed a politic party.). It is funny, our army is only good against our unarmed people..

It is largely accepted(Not only by Turkey, but by world.), a coup is traitorship against nation and everyone who try to make a coup are traitors..

Anyway, goverment said, army is under my orders. They dont have right to warn me..

Army is responsible against priminister..

For now, No problem.  

I see them as new yeniceris..Nothing more. Only good against people who gave them their food..

Edited by Mortaza - 29-Apr-2007 at 09:19
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 10:31
No need to worry, Turkish army would not dare to make a coup without US support.

Originally posted by Mortaza

Anyway, goverment said, army is under my orders. They dont have right to warn me.. Army is responsible against priminister..

That tells a lot about your concept of democracy.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 10:37
No need to worry, Turkish army would not dare to make a coup without US support.
Has the US spoken out aginst that plan? I only heard that the EU warned them but haven't heard anything from the US government.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 10:43
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Has the US spoken out aginst that plan? I only heard that the EU warned them but haven't heard anything from the US government.

No, but they don't have any major problems with the current Turkish government, do they?
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 10:57
It's Islamist, that probably puts them in bad standing with the current US administration in and of itself.
Member of IAEA
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 11:10
Originally posted by Feanor

Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

No, but they don't have any major problems with the current Turkish government, do they?

The U.S. maybe not but isn't Turkey a candidate state to join the E.U.?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 11:28

Indeed, this is more disgusting. Army is powerful only against his own people. What a good army, we have.. It is listening USA and trying to rule Turkish people..

Hmm, is it Turkish army?

That tells a lot about your concept of democracy.
Well? so? Should I say, army is independent from goverment? is this your concept of democracy? Army should serve Turkish people(So goverment by choosen Turkish people)

If you ask me, army is not grateful to his masters.(People of Turkey.)

It is disgusting, they are wasting my tax and giving me nothing except headache..

No, She dont. She only stayed neutral.. I think, Army is aware of fact that without EU and democratization,  we cannot persuade kurds to stay with us..

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 11:40
It's Islamist, that probably puts them in bad standing with the current US administration in and of itself.
Thats exactly my thoughts. I'd think the US would want the Army to make a move, but I'm not sure they'd want to make a public statement about it. If they are silent, I'd say they are on the Turkish Army's side, if they were against it, I think there wouldn't be a problem with stating that at all.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 11:44

Breh,Breh.

It is funny, There are still some people who love coups..

why we struggled against PKK for years..

Indeed, and army failed against PKK(Maybe, Reason is instead of becoming a military, they becomed a politic party.). It is funny, our army is only good against our unarmed people..

Our army organizated successfull operations against PKK between 1990-95, at last Apo's capturing made the end of PKK, but with AKP-EU coordination PKK achieved to revive and find a new identify to herself in Kurdish nationalism.

Anyway, goverment said, army is under my orders. They dont have right to warn me..

Army is responsible against priminister..

So let the prime minister stop them.

Akp is on the way to be a "watch dog" of USA in Great Middle East, your tax to army may be useful if they do this.

Edited by Jagatai Khan - 29-Apr-2007 at 11:48
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 11:56
They make such a fuss about nothing.

They whined about Erdogan being president for weeks, then got embarrased when he didn't even stand for presidency.

Gul and Akp are not extremists, infact alot of Islamists wouldn't even classify them as overtly Islamist.

What I find pathetic is that their rival party Chp has a policy of no policy, there No.1 policy is to attack Akp, its all they ever do, however, they never tell the people what "they would do". It just seems like they try to make up for their lack of any serious policies, planns and organisation with slandering their opponents.

Gul is not a bad candidate in my opinion, he's worked hard to improve Turkey's image as foreign minister and has quite a good reputation.

The millitary know Akp can't change the constitution or make Turkey a theocratic state.

I disagree with alot of what Akp has done but the reality is they make policies and are organised while the rival just insults and slanders.

Edited by Bulldog - 29-Apr-2007 at 12:01
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 12:03
Originally posted by bleda

death to all islamists
my country never have been islamic country.
to all akp fans take your terrorist muhammed and go out my county.

hey bleda go learn english

Don't you have better things to do than offend people with 3 stupid lines on evert post.

As for the Turkish army well the Turkish army is something else than other armies all I have to say...
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 12:18
The military criticised Akp's tolerance to some anti-laicist people. Akp is not totally sharia suporter of course, they say they are laicist, and even they are not they can not change the laicist system.

I agree with you about CHP.As Ecevit said once about Baykal "he talks, talks but doesn't do anything".But CHP is not only formed with Baykal.

Actually Chp has a more planned party program suitable to Turkey's interior dynamics, but Baykal even don't deign to explain what he can do.

About Erdogan and Gul; i know, they look like "cute" politicians when to look from Europe, but they are not.(their past, gaffes, too much usa-eu oriented politics...)

You should watch your words.Muhammed is the prophet of your country's %99.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 12:31
Our army organizated successfull operations against PKK between 1990-95, at last Apo's capturing made the end of PKK, but with AKP-EU coordination PKK achieved to revive and find a new identify to herself in Kurdish nationalism.

As we both know, Army was responsible and only power at eastern Turkey. Now, You can look eastern Turkey and see how did Army failed..

Now, All cities were under DTP mayor, except some AKP mayors. So, Lets see, what operation of army give us.

Pkk is not diminished and It is funny to say, Army ended PKK.

So why do we still have PKK? Apo is still a jail ruled by Army, and still ruling PKK. How can capture of Apo finished PKK? If you ask me, We made apo one of biggest favor. Now, He dont have to fear anything. He can rule his terrorist gang from safe place.

Also, It is unjust to accuse AKP with kurdish nationalism, When only Turkish party kurds voted is AKP, It is funny you accuse AKP.. If there was no AKP, ever kurdish majority city would have DTP mayor.

Repeating same words dont make these words fact.. 

So let the prime minister stop them.

Not only stop, but also rule them. We dont give army money to attack us. We give them money to listen our choosen leaders..

Or should army stop or rule us??

Akp is on the way to be a "watch dog" of USA in Great Middle East, your tax to army may be useful if they do this.

Realy? so why is army waiting for USA permission? Hmm? Who is ruling army? Absolutely, not PM of Turkey. They want permission of Bush not Erdogan..

It is also funny you accuse AKP with allying USA(I am shocked you did not accuse AKP with allying Israel too.)

This alliance made by Army.. (Remember USA supported coups?)

By the way, If AKP say attack north iraq, what can our army do? Challange USA army? or just shut up.

After all, USA army is not weaponless Turkey civilians.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 12:33
I think moderaters should take interest over this statement. Specially, Muhammed part.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 19:49

Would you mind if I asked your religion?

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 19:50
Extremist secularism is just as bad as extremist religous movements, unrational extremism is destructive however it is used.

Turkiye has more a problem from extremist secularists that extremist religous groups. Extremist secularists fuel and give a right for extremist religous orders to exist, they segregate and create tension where there is none among the public.

You can see woman with headscarfs and those without holding hands in the streets, among society there is no problem of religion, in a family you may have religous relatives and non-religous members. It is extremists who try to drive a wedge between peoples, they make issues like "headscarfs" big deals its absolutely pathetic, have they got nothing better to do then tell people who they can and can't dress.

Plus, they also forget Turkiye is meant to be Laicist, which means religion is supposed to be more tolerated than in secularism...

There is a difference between laicity, a political theory aimed at separating politics and religion with the goal of promoting religious freedom, and secularism in the sense of declining the influence of faith on any public affairs (although the terms "secularism" and "secularity" are sometimes used in the sense described here).

The extremist secularist elite needs to be weakened, slowly they will loose more and more power, having such a powerfull extremist group with alot of power does not help with anything. Their only care is "secularism", they would support a party who were ruining the country over a more religous party benefitting the country just because one claimed to be "secular". And only support democracy when it suits them, if people they don't like are democratically voted in, they're more than happy and support un-democratic methods to get rid of them.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>