Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people
    Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 14:29
The problem is people usually in terms of "RACE" instead of "Populations".
In term of populations, there is not discontinuity between Congo and Sweeden.  The frequencies of genes change with distance, that all.
If you go slowly, walking, from Congo to Sweeden you'll never see a place where people suddenly changes, but you will see populations changing little by little.
 
That's call a cline. And that's what exist between Congo and Sweeden, an slope of phenotypes. Middle Easterners are along the path between both extremes, that's all.
 
Pinguin
 
 
 
Back to Top
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Avatar
Atlantean Prophet

Joined: 08-Oct-2006
Location: Korea, South
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3335
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 14:43
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

Those look like Africans, not Middle Easterns. 
 
Middle Eastern = Arab, Kurd, Persian, Turk, Syriac and so on. 


African doesn't always mean black people or "negroid" as science call it...Does it? Because I've seen all different types of people in Africa and i was wondering was it always like that? Because i mean i heard that African is where humanity began.....But i also heard that people like the asians (mongols) came from Asia,  Caucasians came from the Caucus mountains, etc......So if everyone came from Africa, why do they also say that people came from different parts of the world? That really confuses me......
 
Simply because we don't know that mankind originated from Africa. Humanity still debates whether mankind was created through the process of evolution or by God's divine creationism.
 
I disagree, according to my opinion, that people of Middle East are liek Black Americans. (In general, anyway. It depends on the individuals, reallly)
     
   
Join us.
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:18
Originally posted by pekau

Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

Those look like Africans, not Middle Easterns. 
 
Middle Eastern = Arab, Kurd, Persian, Turk, Syriac and so on. 


African doesn't always mean black people or "negroid" as science call it...Does it? Because I've seen all different types of people in Africa and i was wondering was it always like that? Because i mean i heard that African is where humanity began.....But i also heard that people like the asians (mongols) came from Asia,  Caucasians came from the Caucus mountains, etc......So if everyone came from Africa, why do they also say that people came from different parts of the world? That really confuses me......
 
Simply because we don't know that mankind originated from Africa. Humanity still debates whether mankind was created through the process of evolution or by God's divine creationism.
 
I disagree, according to my opinion, that people of Middle East are liek Black Americans. (In general, anyway. It depends on the individuals, reallly)


oh ok i beleive in both God and Evolution myself....I think God created us and then we evolved over time......


Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 24-Jan-2007 at 15:19
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Joined: 11-Aug-2004
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8792
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:32
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"
 
By mixed African Americans, I assume you mean mulatto.
 
Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.




The picture above is a group of terrorists

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)
 
Welcome tot he forum my friend.
 
As you may or may not be aware, the Arabs were prolific in the slave trade of Africans in the medieval and middle age periods.  As a result many people of African descent ended up in the Middle East, most notably in Saudi Arabia and Other Peninsular Arab countries.
 
In Iran, there are around 20-30,000 people of African descent concentrated int he South of the country, these people are teh descendants of Portuguese slaves.  The Portuguese occupied a section of Southern Iran for 70 years in the middle ages before being expelled, their slaves remained.
 
Apart from slavery: East African black people have had interactions witht he middle east for millenia, namely the Abbysianians and Nubians, though they look very much different to African Americans although they also have black skin.


Edited by Zagros - 24-Jan-2007 at 15:33
Back to Top
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar
Guanarteme

Joined: 31-Dec-2004
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1378
  Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:32
Friends i think that you aren't looking this with historical perspective: there is a lot of african (black) inheritance in Middle East because the slavery of previous centuries from East frica, specially in south Arabia where the blacks have an strong presence (Yemen and Oman, but Saudi Arabia too), but this is certainlly true in Egypt; out of the core of Middle East we have to Morocco in the same situation, althought their black inheritance have the origin in slavery from the Nger region.
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 16:42
Originally posted by Zagros

Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"
 
By mixed African Americans, I assume you mean mulatto.
 
Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.




The picture above is a group of terrorists

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)
 
Welcome tot he forum my friend.
 
As you may or may not be aware, the Arabs were prolific in the slave trade of Africans in the medieval and middle age periods.  As a result many people of African descent ended up in the Middle East, most notably in Saudi Arabia and Other Peninsular Arab countries.
 
In Iran, there are around 20-30,000 people of African descent concentrated int he South of the country, these people are teh descendants of Portuguese slaves.  The Portuguese occupied a section of Southern Iran for 70 years in the middle ages before being expelled, their slaves remained.
 
Apart from slavery: East African black people have had interactions witht he middle east for millenia, namely the Abbysianians and Nubians, though they look very much different to African Americans although they also have black skin.


I appreciate the welcome Zagros....


Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 24-Jan-2007 at 16:43
Back to Top
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar

Joined: 11-Jul-2006
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 109
  Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 20:39
I guess chinese people could be (full blooded) but also the aboriginals from australia, theres no other people known to be like them, they are dark skinned with blond hair that would make hitler proud, but u never know these people might of been mixed from somebody else in human existence.    something to think aboutErmm
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 21:53
Originally posted by LilLou

I guess chinese people could be (full blooded) but also the aboriginals from australia, theres no other people known to be like them, they are dark skinned with blond hair that would make hitler proud, but u never know these people might of been mixed from somebody else in human existence.    something to think aboutErmm


I've never seen an Ab Origine with Blond  do you have pictures of some?
Back to Top
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Joined: 05-Feb-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2252
  Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 06:34
Like Ikki said most Afro-American were from the West coast of Africa, the ME usually had slaves from the East coast.  The major stop overs being Zanzibar, Oman, yemen.
 
ME has always been the crossroads of the world, the only thing it is missin is giant traffic  lights. So the cosmopolitan centres of the ME were always very mixed. Especially with Islam becoming the dominant religion the race barriers were ignored and a lor of mixing took place.
 
Also look into the black pashas of the Ottomans. The balck pashas also became king makers.


Edited by malizai_ - 25-Jan-2007 at 06:38
Back to Top
Guests View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 23:23
There exist the popular notion that slave trade somehow drive the mixing with subsaharans in North Africa and the Middle East, but the matter is more complex. Slavery could have contributed something but not as much, particularly considering the Black African slaves were routinarily castrated upon arrival.
 
Now, the true is something more simpler than that. There has been flux of peoples inside and outside Africa since prehistorical times. So called "Caucasian" peoples penetrated Africa from the Middle East, and probably from Iberia as well, and populated all the way from Morocco to Egypt and down south to Ethiopia. and since then they kept comming to all the region known as "Afro-Asiatic". On the other hand, sub-Saharans also migrated up north in a continuos flux, and mixing has been going on in all these regions from prehistorical times.
 
Today, genetists see the impact of mixing by measuring the spread of genetical markers. And they show a very clear picture. Certain genes with origin in Central Africa has spread up to Scandinavia and viceversa. All that change are frequencies.
 
One day I read in a book that people reproduces with the first member of the opposite sex that give it a chance. And that is easily seen in the genetic maps of markers. People is not divided in races but in populations that vary smoothly.
 
Pinguin
 
Back to Top
Guests View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 23:34
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by LilLou

I guess chinese people could be (full blooded) but also the aboriginals from australia, theres no other people known to be like them, they are dark skinned with blond hair that would make hitler proud, but u never know these people might of been mixed from somebody else in human existence.    something to think aboutErmm


I've never seen an Ab Origine with Blond  do you have pictures of some?
 
Not only Australians, but many Aboriguins in the pacific are blond. I warn you they ARE NOT half blood with Europeans, because the genetics of Asian blondness is different to the European! Take a look:
 
Solomon Islands:
 
 
 
 
Australian Aboriguines:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rabaul
 
 
Malaita
 
 
For more, See this thread:
 
 
Pinguin
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 01:11
Originally posted by pinguin



I've never seen an Ab Origine with Blond  do you have pictures of some?

 
Not only Australians, but many Aboriguins in the pacific are blond. I warn you they ARE NOT half blood with Europeans, because the genetics of Asian blondness is different to the European! Take a look:
 
 
Pinguin


WOW THANX....Just out of Curiosity what race would the Governmental systems put these "Ab Origines" in?


Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 26-Jan-2007 at 01:15
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 01:17
Originally posted by malizai_

 
Also look into the black pashas of the Ottomans. The balck pashas also became king makers.


THANX! I will surely looki into the Black Pashas, thanks for suggesting them.....


Back to Top
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6003
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 13:58
WOW THANX....Just out of Curiosity what race would the Governmental systems put these "Ab Origines" in?


Many countries don't actualy bother with race on the census, and there is often poor consistancy between one country and another (amoungst those that do) in terms of how they do it.
I guess that means that if you have a beurocracy backed by an army, you can just make it up as you go along.
Arrrgh!!"
Back to Top
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke


Joined: 08-May-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1943
  Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 10:04
Pure race? This thread builds on so many misconceptions I don't even know where to begin, without even so much as a definition of "race" or even more importantly "pure race".

Sigh.
Back to Top
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 25-Sep-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 435
  Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 00:03

WOW THANX....Just out of Curiosity what race would the Governmental systems put these "Ab Origines" in?


Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Back to Top
Guests View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 09:44
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"
 
By mixed African Americans, I assume you mean mulatto.
 
Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.




The picture above is a group of terrorists

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)
 
Maybe because some of those people are black?
Back to Top
AfrikaJamaika View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai


Joined: 26-Dec-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
  Quote AfrikaJamaika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 13:15
Originally posted by es_bih





 
Maybe because some of those people are black?


Three at the most...


Edited by AfrikaJamaika - 01-Feb-2007 at 13:15
Back to Top
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 08-Mar-2006
Location: Paris
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2120
  Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 17:04
Originally posted by es_bih

Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

Originally posted by Cent

"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"
 
By mixed African Americans, I assume you mean mulatto.
 
Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.




The picture above is a group of terrorists

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)
 
Maybe because some of those people are black?


The man on the bottom left is Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, bomber of the American ambassies in Nairobi and Dar el-Salam.

He is from the Comoros islands in the Indian pacific which is the worst genetic mess you can imagine with Somalian, Mozambican, Arabs, Indians and European mix... So the man is black kind of.

That said according to Pr. Cavalero-Sforza, as there have been no bottle necks in African for thousands of years, there is no continents in the world with more gentical diversity. It means that if you do 100km in Europe people will tend to have a fairly similar genetical profile, while if you cross the same distance in Africa, they may well be extremely diffrent.

That said if you want to see people looking middle eastern-ish go to Spain or Portugal, once in a while in the streets of Lisbon you may belive you are in Damascus. Maybe your friend looks arab because he has Spanish origins and not because he has African origins.
I am a free donkey!
Back to Top
Guests View Drop Down
Guest
Guest
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:25
Some places of Spain has that "look" because the migration of Middle Easterns during most of history, including, Phoenicians, Jews, Carthagenians, Syrians, Palestineans and many others,  and also the permanent contact with the so called "Moors" (the people of Morocco) which are the Berbers of coastal Morroco, Algiers and Lybia. All the peoples around the Mediterranean sea have the same arab "look", including southern Italians, southern French, some Greeks, Palestineans, some Arabs, Jews of the region, etc.,
 
Pinguin
 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.