Forum Discription: Topics on archaeology and anthropology
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17344
Printed Date: 28-Apr-2024 at 08:46
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people
Posted By: AfrikaJamaika
Subject: Full blooded people, and Middleeaster people
Date Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 22:22
I was wondering is there any full blooded people left in this world? Like a person with 100 % asian blood not mixed with anything but pure asian....And the same goes for every other race is there any pure blooded races left...And if so does anyone have pictures??? Because i would like to see what a pure blooded race looks like......

And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?

Replies:
Posted By: Cent
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 04:06

What is pure?

-------------
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: Aelfgifu
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 04:25
I don't think there is such a thing as a 'pure' race.

-------------

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.

Posted By: xi_tujue
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 08:22
Hmm I think the closest you can get are  Basarwa or  San.(bushmen i south africa) and some south american rainforest "indians"

But as cent said what is pure

-------------
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 09:06
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Hmm I think the closest you can get are  Basarwa or  San.(bushmen i south africa) and some south american rainforest "indians"

But as cent said what is pure

Ok since u say what is pure? Are you referring that everyone is mixed with every race whether they know it or not? And are you saying that there is no pure 100 percent white race, black race, asian race, indian race, etc......?

P.S. thanx to all that replied Smile

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 09:22
"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"

By mixed African Americans, I assume you mean mulatto.

Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.

-------------
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 09:28
Originally posted by Cent

"And now to my next question.....Why do alot of Middle Eastern people look like mixed African Americans? Or does it only appear that way to me?"

Middle Eastern's do not look like mixed African Americans. Just go to Iran, Iraq or Kurdistan and you'll notice.

Not all mixtures look the same because they are not in the same PROPORTIONS. That's all.

Besides, in the Americas many people that is so-called Mulatto are really tri-racial peoples with different rates of European-African and Native.

Pinguin

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 09:30
Pinguin, I've not claimed that all mixtures look the same.

I stated that mulattos do not look like Middle Easterns.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:00

The picture above is a group of terrorists

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:03

Where do you draw the analogy?

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:07

"The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)"

Those look like Africans, not Middle Easterns. 

Middle Eastern = Arab, Kurd, Persian, Turk, Syriac and so on.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:08

Of course there are Africans in Middle East, but that doesn't make them Middle Eastern, if you know what I mean.

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:13
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

The man on the Bottom left on this picture and the man on the bottm right both look like African Americans.......Matter of fact one of my friend looks just like the guy on the bottom left and he's black and Domincian.....(my friend)

Perhaps the men in the picture are Africans. It doesn't say anywhere that people from Africa can not be terrorists.

-------------

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:22
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Perhaps the men in the picture are Africans. It doesn't say anywhere that people from Africa can not be terrorists.

that makes sense because terrorism has no color after all.....

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:23
oops sorry for the double post.......

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:35

Of course there are Africans in Middle East, but that doesn't make them Middle Eastern, if you know what I mean.

Yes i know what u mean, your saying that the Africans in the Middle East aren't middle east by Blood.......But still a citizen of the Middle East right?

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:44
Yes

-------------
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 10:55

African doesn't always mean black people or "negroid" as science call it...Does it? Because I've seen all different types of people in Africa and i was wondering was it always like that? Because i mean i heard that African is where humanity began.....But i also heard that people like the asians (mongols) came from Asia,  Caucasians came from the Caucus mountains, etc......So if everyone came from Africa, why do they also say that people came from different parts of the world? That really confuses me......

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 11:02
Scientists think that the very first humans lived in Africa. From there they moved to other places of the world. This happened so long ago and over such a long time, that different groups of people started to change seperately from each other. The timescale is millions of years. This is how people in different parts of the world came to look different from each other.
But people are not stationary, they still move around a lot. That is why it is difficult to see any 'pure' races anywhere, because people keep moving around and mixing and changing all the time.

-------------

Posted By: malizai_
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 12:57

Those people mentioned are i think probably from the Tanzania bombing. Some Arabs do look like the tri-racial types that Pinguin alluded to. Some actually show greater african admmixture like the Omani's. Arabs have often married Africans, as well as everyone else.

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 14:29
The problem is people usually in terms of "RACE" instead of "Populations".
In term of populations, there is not discontinuity between Congo and Sweeden.  The frequencies of genes change with distance, that all.
If you go slowly, walking, from Congo to Sweeden you'll never see a place where people suddenly changes, but you will see populations changing little by little.

That's call a cline. And that's what exist between Congo and Sweeden, an slope of phenotypes. Middle Easterners are along the path between both extremes, that's all.

Pinguin

Posted By: pekau
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 14:43

African doesn't always mean black people or "negroid" as science call it...Does it? Because I've seen all different types of people in Africa and i was wondering was it always like that? Because i mean i heard that African is where humanity began.....But i also heard that people like the asians (mongols) came from Asia,  Caucasians came from the Caucus mountains, etc......So if everyone came from Africa, why do they also say that people came from different parts of the world? That really confuses me......

Simply because we don't know that mankind originated from Africa. Humanity still debates whether mankind was created through the process of evolution or by God's divine creationism.

I disagree, according to my opinion, that people of Middle East are liek Black Americans. (In general, anyway. It depends on the individuals, reallly)

-------------
http://swagbucks.com/refer/Malachi">      

Join us.

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:18
Originally posted by pekau

Simply because we don't know that mankind originated from Africa. Humanity still debates whether mankind was created through the process of evolution or by God's divine creationism.

I disagree, according to my opinion, that people of Middle East are liek Black Americans. (In general, anyway. It depends on the individuals, reallly)

oh ok i beleive in both God and Evolution myself....I think God created us and then we evolved over time......

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:32

Welcome tot he forum my friend.

As you may or may not be aware, the Arabs were prolific in the slave trade of Africans in the medieval and middle age periods.  As a result many people of African descent ended up in the Middle East, most notably in Saudi Arabia and Other Peninsular Arab countries.

In Iran, there are around 20-30,000 people of African descent concentrated int he South of the country, these people are teh descendants of Portuguese slaves.  The Portuguese occupied a section of Southern Iran for 70 years in the middle ages before being expelled, their slaves remained.

Apart from slavery: East African black people have had interactions witht he middle east for millenia, namely the Abbysianians and Nubians, though they look very much different to African Americans although they also have black skin.

Posted By: Ikki
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 15:32
Friends i think that you aren't looking this with historical perspective: there is a lot of african (black) inheritance in Middle East because the slavery of previous centuries from East África, specially in south Arabia where the blacks have an strong presence (Yemen and Oman, but Saudi Arabia too), but this is certainlly true in Egypt; out of the core of Middle East we have to Morocco in the same situation, althought their black inheritance have the origin in slavery from the Níger region.

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 16:42
Originally posted by Zagros

Welcome tot he forum my friend.

As you may or may not be aware, the Arabs were prolific in the slave trade of Africans in the medieval and middle age periods.  As a result many people of African descent ended up in the Middle East, most notably in Saudi Arabia and Other Peninsular Arab countries.

In Iran, there are around 20-30,000 people of African descent concentrated int he South of the country, these people are teh descendants of Portuguese slaves.  The Portuguese occupied a section of Southern Iran for 70 years in the middle ages before being expelled, their slaves remained.

Apart from slavery: East African black people have had interactions witht he middle east for millenia, namely the Abbysianians and Nubians, though they look very much different to African Americans although they also have black skin.

I appreciate the welcome Zagros....

Posted By: LilLou
Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 20:39
I guess chinese people could be (full blooded) but also the aboriginals from australia, theres no other people known to be like them, they are dark skinned with blond hair that would make hitler proud, but u never know these people might of been mixed from somebody else in human existence.    something to think aboutErmm

Date Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 21:53
Originally posted by LilLou

I guess chinese people could be (full blooded) but also the aboriginals from australia, theres no other people known to be like them, they are dark skinned with blond hair that would make hitler proud, but u never know these people might of been mixed from somebody else in human existence.    something to think aboutErmm

I've never seen an Ab Origine with Blond  do you have pictures of some?

Posted By: malizai_
Date Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 06:34
Like Ikki said most Afro-American were from the West coast of Africa, the ME usually had slaves from the East coast.  The major stop overs being Zanzibar, Oman, yemen.

ME has always been the crossroads of the world, the only thing it is missin is giant traffic  lights. So the cosmopolitan centres of the ME were always very mixed. Especially with Islam becoming the dominant religion the race barriers were ignored and a lor of mixing took place.

Also look into the black pashas of the Ottomans. The balck pashas also became king makers.

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 23:23
There exist the popular notion that slave trade somehow drive the mixing with subsaharans in North Africa and the Middle East, but the matter is more complex. Slavery could have contributed something but not as much, particularly considering the Black African slaves were routinarily castrated upon arrival.

Now, the true is something more simpler than that. There has been flux of peoples inside and outside Africa since prehistorical times. So called "Caucasian" peoples penetrated Africa from the Middle East, and probably from Iberia as well, and populated all the way from Morocco to Egypt and down south to Ethiopia. and since then they kept comming to all the region known as "Afro-Asiatic". On the other hand, sub-Saharans also migrated up north in a continuos flux, and mixing has been going on in all these regions from prehistorical times.

Today, genetists see the impact of mixing by measuring the spread of genetical markers. And they show a very clear picture. Certain genes with origin in Central Africa has spread up to Scandinavia and viceversa. All that change are frequencies.

One day I read in a book that people reproduces with the first member of the opposite sex that give it a chance. And that is easily seen in the genetic maps of markers. People is not divided in races but in populations that vary smoothly.

Pinguin

Date Posted: 25-Jan-2007 at 23:34

Originally posted by LilLou

Not only Australians, but many Aboriguins in the pacific are blond. I warn you they ARE NOT half blood with Europeans, because the genetics of Asian blondness is different to the European! Take a look:

Solomon Islands:

Australian Aboriguines:

Rabaul

Malaita

For more, See this thread:

http://www.backintyme.com/odr/about1096.html - http://www.backintyme.com/odr/about1096.html

Pinguin

Date Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 01:11
Originally posted by pinguin

Not only Australians, but many Aboriguins in the pacific are blond. I warn you they ARE NOT half blood with Europeans, because the genetics of Asian blondness is different to the European! Take a look:

Pinguin

WOW THANX....Just out of Curiosity what race would the Governmental systems put these "Ab Origines" in?

Date Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 01:17
Originally posted by malizai_

Also look into the black pashas of the Ottomans. The balck pashas also became king makers.

THANX! I will surely looki into the Black Pashas, thanks for suggesting them.....

Posted By: Cywr
Date Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 13:58
WOW THANX....Just out of Curiosity what race would the Governmental systems put these "Ab Origines" in?

Many countries don't actualy bother with race on the census, and there is often poor consistancy between one country and another (amoungst those that do) in terms of how they do it.
I guess that means that if you have a beurocracy backed by an army, you can just make it up as you go along.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Posted By: Reginmund
Date Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 10:04
Pure race? This thread builds on so many misconceptions I don't even know where to begin, without even so much as a definition of "race" or even more importantly "pure race".

Sigh.

-------------

Posted By: think
Date Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 00:03

Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 09:44

Maybe because some of those people are black?

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 13:15
Originally posted by es_bih

Three at the most...

Posted By: Maharbbal
Date Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 17:04
Originally posted by es_bih

The man on the bottom left is Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, bomber of the American ambassies in Nairobi and Dar el-Salam.

He is from the Comoros islands in the Indian pacific which is the worst genetic mess you can imagine with Somalian, Mozambican, Arabs, Indians and European mix... So the man is black kind of.

That said according to Pr. Cavalero-Sforza, as there have been no bottle necks in African for thousands of years, there is no continents in the world with more gentical diversity. It means that if you do 100km in Europe people will tend to have a fairly similar genetical profile, while if you cross the same distance in Africa, they may well be extremely diffrent.

That said if you want to see people looking middle eastern-ish go to Spain or Portugal, once in a while in the streets of Lisbon you may belive you are in Damascus. Maybe your friend looks arab because he has Spanish origins and not because he has African origins.

-------------
I am a free donkey!

Date Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:25
Some places of Spain has that "look" because the migration of Middle Easterns during most of history, including, Phoenicians, Jews, Carthagenians, Syrians, Palestineans and many others,  and also the permanent contact with the so called "Moors" (the people of Morocco) which are the Berbers of coastal Morroco, Algiers and Lybia. All the peoples around the Mediterranean sea have the same arab "look", including southern Italians, southern French, some Greeks, Palestineans, some Arabs, Jews of the region, etc.,

Pinguin

Posted By: MASON1
Date Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:42

I dont think there is pure race becouse people moved place to place in the old days so they couldnt stay pure blooded mexican or afrikan etc.

-------------
MASONRY WELCOMES EVERYBODY

Date Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 23:25
Originally posted by MASON1

I dont think there is pure race becouse people moved place to place in the old days so they couldnt stay pure blooded mexican or afrikan etc.

true, unless there is other groups of people that haven't been discovered yet and that have never traveled out of their area, or never had anyone who weren't apart of their group find them.....

Posted By: kingofmazanderan
Date Posted: 04-May-2007 at 06:00
Sorry i was just wondering is there anyway a person can check like with a blood test to see if they are a of a full blooded race? 

Date Posted: 04-May-2007 at 17:47
Not really no, as there is no way of defining a 'pure' individual in genetic terms, and in terms of blood its a joke.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Posted By: Omar al Hashim
Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 07:47
I object. I am a full blooded Omar.

I am also a full blooded middle easter person. As one half of my family is from the middle east and the other half celebrates easter. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1!

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 12:04
Yeah, you are what again yaar? Scots-Irish-Iraqi-Muhajir-Balcohi-Sindhi.

Nothing north of Multan in Pakistan. My own is Pakhtun (from Waziristan) and my mom a Punjabi-Muhajir mix. fairly standard for Pakistan I might add.

-------------

Posted By: Bulldog
Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 14:28
AfrikaJamaika

This is what really confuses me aswell!!!

I've been thinking about it for some time, I have heard people say Caucausians are from the Caucaus mountain, Aryan are from somewhere else, Altaic are from Altai and so on. They say, oh but nation X cannot of been there because nation X originates in region A, Nation Y originates in region B.

I'm starting to think, its all nonsense, if were all from Africa, how can we also be different races if we all the same race and have the same anscentors.

-------------
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pine

Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 14:50
Those areas are where distinct cultures and languages arose, not that that is where the people came into being...  i.e. when they became isolated they developed distinctly.  That our ancestors migrated from Africa is supported by archaeological, linguistic and genetic evidence.

-------------

Posted By: Bulldog
Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 16:49

It pretty much destroys the racists arguments that were somehow different "races" of people.

We all have the same ancestor, started from one man and woman and so were the same race, we migrated far and wide, adopted to different geographical regions, started developing in these areas after a while got a bit confused and started wild conspiracies about our neighbours...sounds typically human LOL

-------------
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pine

Date Posted: 05-May-2007 at 17:10
Well yes, that is true - but I have heard the counter argument used that all mammals also descend from the same animal, which is a fact and it does not destroy the argument that we are different from other mammals.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that whatever the given facts are certain people will always seek to create a rapture with which to divide themselves from others.  Even if we all looked more or less from the same race (used purely in today's sociological terms), then people would distinguish themselves by language or something else.  Racism, in one form or other will always exist, in fact, broadly speaking, religious intolerance is a form of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-May-2007 at 16:48
I have heard people say Caucausians are from the Caucaus mountain

Caucasians obviously are, real Caucasians that is, which rules out the majority of the N. American and European population.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Posted By: Omar al Hashim
Date Posted: 11-May-2007 at 21:52
What gets me is when the police issue a suspect description for a west european they call them a "white Caucasian male", but if it was an Armenian who they were looking for it'd be a "man of middle eastern appearance"

-------------

Date Posted: 12-May-2007 at 05:59
Thats basicly the influence of American culture.
They made Caucasoid into Caucasian, and then excluded the people they didn't like, this formed the basis for US immigration policy for ages.
There is a famous case of a man from India who sucessfully argued in a US court that he was, by they own criteria a Caucasoid/Caucasian, and thus was eligible to migrate to the US, but was still refused for basicly not being European or Christian enough (difficult to say as Asyrian Christians were accepted as early as the 1860s as immigrants, and Arab Americans are still expected to tick Caucasian in teh census forms).

This policy maybe long dead, but the legacy exists with corrupt definition of Caucasian, and the influence of US culture does the rest. So now we have the odd person in the UK, 100% English, talking about how 'ethnicly caucasian' they are, we should ask them about Adigha and see what they say LOL

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com