Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Osama’s fight to ban oil for the US?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osama’s fight to ban oil for the US?
    Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 10:17

how do i feel?

i dont care because each year we are getting less dependant on oil money  i think it is 70% now, used to be 100% 30 years ago.

iam talking about my country UAE dubai is the trade center and dubai is depending only 60% on oil they have huge developments underconstruction and in few years they wont be in any need of selling oil.

i think it is around 130 years until we have the last drop of oil

by that time i think we will be fine

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 12:46
70% is HUGE dependancy.  Truth is without oil the modern middle east would have absolutely no importance and the world wouldnt have as many problems because no one would be messing around with Arab nations and Arab nations wouldnt be messing around with religious extremism.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 13:07
Originally posted by Cornellia

How do you feel about the reports that the oil reserves in the Middle East are within years of being depleted?

Hi Dear Cornellia.
Pres. Porfirio Diaz commented once:
Poor Mexico, so far from God and so close to the USA.

The remark was driven by the continous intromision of the US in our domestic affairs due our oil.

A mexican poet called once the oil as the Poison of the Devil. We need to start working on new energy sources. However, in case that new sources could be found or developed, still will be a source of pressure to get them and keep them , in order to keep in motion to the world economy.

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 13:59
If the oil reserves are gone then alot of the terrorist money will stop flowing as well.

Edited by Christscrusader
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 14:17

I just hope that Latin America can be segregated out of this mess. Our mainly market is the USA. We are not U.S. allies, but U.S. trade partners.

Mexico and Venezuela has reinforced the security at the oil extraction locations since Sept 11 to avoid any terrorist attck to our patrimony.

Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 16:23

Azimuth are you sure its 70%? last i heard oil dependancy is 40% in the UAE, in a few decades we'll have elimnated oil dependancy completely and rely on trade.

America does not need UAE oil as they rely on Kuwait and Saudia, were mostly dealing with australia and japan currently.

The more closer we run out of oil the better imho, we'd be left in peace by then.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 19:36
Of course it's sad for countries if their natural resources are gone, but on the other hand the oil does more bad than good in the Middle East.
Perhaps they can switch to solar energy?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 12:54
Originally posted by Fizzil

Azimuth are you sure its 70%? last i heard oil dependancy is 40% in the UAE, in a few decades we'll have elimnated oil dependancy completely and rely on trade.

America does not need UAE oil as they rely on Kuwait and Saudia, were mostly dealing with australia and japan currently.

The more closer we run out of oil the better imho, we'd be left in peace by then.

no it is 70% to 60% depends on each Emirates  for example AbuDhabi is depending on oil for more than 85% and dubai 60%

but these figurs are getting less and less and faster than before

busness is growing much faster,

this is an article about Dubai's crown prince shiek mohammed  http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2004/0315/092.html

and yes we are selling oil more to the East ( Japan , China ...) more than the US

saudi arabia and kuwait are the major US providers

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 06:47

Eh, isn't this like asking a heroin adict, in the peak of his high, to stop using heroin?

Its not going to happen, the economies of those countries and the governments that rule them are dependant on an economy that to a fairly large degree relies on the export of oil or oil derived products and services.

Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12