Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermopylae movie- "300"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
JuMong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JuMong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermopylae movie- "300"
    Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 01:18
It's really a bad movie.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 01:29
Originally posted by Kapikulu

30.000+ Persians, actually portrayed as Orcs, per a Spartan...Dead

Seen the Ten Thousand Immortals? Come on, they were the finest army of Persia? And they were not humans... (Or that's what I think, anyway. They looked more like a beast rather than human beings.) Plus, what's up with the mask they wear? The killer from the movie "Scream" should have a good laugh.

Image:Psikopat.jpg

Photo%20of%20300,%20%20

Join us.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 01:47
Originally posted by JuMong

It's really a bad movie.

WHAT?!?!?! NONSENSE I SAY! Pure nonesense! Did you fall asleep on accident during the movie? The battle scenes were absolutely stunning!!

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 02:47
Adalfwolf may have passed out in the theatre by sheer happiness if Spartans had axes instead...LOL

Join us.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 09:02

Does anyone remember power rangers?, man this was no different.LOL

Watch how the Persians come out striking without their Shields in the continuously shot sequences. It is not really fair to the Spartans either who are shown as arrogant, savage, uncultured brutes, not exactly the same as brave warriors. Look out for the enlarged noses on the emissaries of the Persians, reminiscent of Hollywood's traditional vilification of the Arab image. This movie just replaced the Arabs with the Iranians.

This is madness!!
 Madness??? This is Hollywood!!!!!. Warner Bros studios to be exact

Edited by malizai_ - 25-Mar-2007 at 09:08
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 09:09
Originally posted by pekau

Originally posted by Kapikulu

30.000+ Persians, actually portrayed as Orcs, per a Spartan...Dead

Seen the Ten Thousand Immortals? Come on, they were the finest army of Persia? And they were not humans... (Or that's what I think, anyway. They looked more like a beast rather than human beings.) Plus, what's up with the mask they wear? The killer from the movie "Scream" should have a good laugh.

Image:Psikopat.jpg

Photo%20of%20300,%20%20

Well, the mask was actually based somewhat on history. The Persians Immortals actually wore black cloths over their faces to hide their identities, but never crazy masks like those in the movie.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 09:12
Malizai, I have been making the same point about the diplomats. The final diplomat should have been similar to the other two, but no. They just had to  place blacks in for Persians, which makes no sense whatsoever. Screw diversity, blacks do not belong in a movie about a point in time in which they had next to no effect. I'm not  against black actors or anything, but they did not belong in a movie. Would a black guy fit in movies such as Michael Collins or Rob Roy? I doubt it. The same goes for this movie. 

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 17:28
hey ur throwing words all over the place barby. saying that u hav nothing against black actors yet no liking how ther r blacks in the movie is redundant, chaotic, unsympathetic, and unconstituional. You would be a perfect movie critic.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 17:29
Originally posted by malizai_

Watch how the Persians come out striking without their Shields in the continuously shot sequences. It is not really fair to the Spartans either who are shown as arrogant, savage, uncultured brutes, not exactly the same as brave warriors. Look out for the enlarged noses on the emissaries of the Persians, reminiscent ofHollywood's traditional vilification of the Arab image. This movie just replaced the Arabs with the Iranians.

This is madness!!

dude i just set that picture as my background
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 18:29
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Well, the mask was actually based somewhat on history. The Persians Immortals actually wore black cloths over their faces to hide their identities, but never crazy masks like those in the movie.

the immortals looked like this:

I have never heard of the immortals wearing masks or covering their faces. Other than 300, they have never been portrayed that way.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 20:46
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Watch how the Persians come out striking without their Shields in the continuously shot sequences. It is not really fair to the Spartans either who are shown as arrogant, savage, uncultured brutes, not exactly the same as brave warriors. Look out for the enlarged noses on the emissaries of the Persians, reminiscent of Hollywood's traditional vilification of the Arab image. This movie just replaced the Arabs with the Iranians.

This is madness!!

Dudu, i wouldn't expect anything less from u. Clap Just confirms a lot of suspicions.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 23:40

Watch how the Persians come out striking without their Shields in the continuously shot sequences. It is not really fair to the Spartans either who are shown as arrogant, savage, uncultured brutes, not exactly the same as brave warriors. Look out for the enlarged noses on the emissaries of the Persians, reminiscent ofHollywood's traditional vilification of the Arab image. This movie just replaced the Arabs with the Iranians.

This is madness!!

Dudu, i wouldn't expect anything less from u. ClapJust confirms a lot of suspicions.

Damn. Didnt even know u wer the suspicious type in the first place.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 08:17
Well now you know. What is suspicion but doubt.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 12:31
u no that i would never doubt u 4 a second
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 14:04

hey ur throwing words all over the place barby. saying that u hav nothing against black actors yet no liking how ther r blacks in the movie is redundant, chaotic, unsympathetic, and unconstituional. You would be a perfect movie critic.
No, I was making a valid point about how they did not have any place in the movie. That is not racist in any manner. It would be like putting a Russian or a Mongol in the movie. I am not against casting any actors in movies, except when their specific ethnicity has nothing to do with the time period of the movie, they should not be casted. Would you be for casting an African actor in a movie about the Roman Invasion of Brittania? Explain to me how I am being contradictory, or unconstitutional?

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 14:14
I don't see why there wouldn't have been some African troops in Xerxe's army. I mean, didn't Persia rule over 1000 over kingdoms? I would assume some of which would have been in Africa. 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 14:40
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

No, I was making a valid point about how they did not have any place in the movie. That is not racist in any manner. It would be like putting a Russian or a Mongol in the movie. I am not against casting any actors in movies, except when their specific ethnicity has nothing to do with the time period of the movie, they should not be casted. Would you be for casting an African actor in a movie about the Roman Invasion of Brittania? Explain to me how I am being contradictory, or unconstitutional?

Im sorry big guy but i am laughing my ass off right now reading ur response. You want me to explain to you how your comment is unconstitutional? I dont know!

But on a more serious tone I wouldnt mind a black legion heading to britian. black people need british loving too
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 16:17
ı like the movie 
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 17:22
Originally posted by Adalwolf

I don't see why there wouldn't have been some African troops in Xerxe's army. I mean, didn't Persia rule over 1000 over kingdoms? I would assume some of which would have been in Africa. 
The Persian empire did extend to Ethiopia, and it would not be unlikely that there'd be Africans in the army, but them making up a large portion of the army AND two emissaries would have been unlikely.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 01:42

but them making up a large portion of the army AND two emissaries would have been unlikely.

Which is why this movie takes place in a similar yet fictional world created by the creator of the 300 comic book.

(Not a direct response to you Xshayathiya, but to everyone in general who bemoans the "historical accuracy".)
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>