Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLord Saladin : Kurdish or Cuman ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Saladin : Kurdish or Cuman ?
    Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 12:25
Originally posted by Cent

"Simply because this is a history discussion forum, and people are not robots with fixed thoughts"

I can bet that if he was Turkish, there would not of been any discussion.

Open a new topic and state your unrelated thoughts out there then...You can't accuse members because you believe in one thing and he believes in another, neither you can make such pointless statements regarding nationalities. Don't cross the line...This goes for last_janissary as well.

Anyway, as topic is not fruitful anymore, I am locking it.

Edited by Kapikulu - 17-Mar-2007 at 12:28
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 21:13
Originally posted by last_janissary

kurds(supported from USA) who dont have an history ago 100 year , found a lie too

You are not real historian , and here is not assembly centre , also you are talking only with "i think this is a... i think this is b ..etc." , i think that there isnt a mouse at here but that is in here i cant change to real you too .. so you must show a reason for can say that ..however you cant earn any prestige or another thing with tebating on this subject , only you can get confused on other ethnic subject ...

Did you know Kurd ancestary goes back all the way to Adam and Eve. Come to think of it so does mine. ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Funnily enough i met a Kurd who was 102 years old, what a liar had me fooled. So much thank you Lost_Janissary for real truth.

Now Turkey has been around for what 83 years that means turk history is how old....?

last_janissary View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 18:32
<<(supported from USA)>>

plase read carefully ...

and subject like this , damages some states union like turkey , iran , ırak , syria ... Real kurds , turks or araps are as brother ...

and why dont you debate to "Sami (Lapon) s are died now" or "where is the american natives now" ...
http://www.ilkerozer.net

Mortazaa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 18:19
please dont waste our time with this nonsense.

Kurds have absolute more history than 100 year.
last_janissary View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 18:14
kurds(supported from USA) who dont have an history ago 100 year , found a lie too

You are not real historian , and here is not assembly centre , also you are talking only with "i think this is a... i think this is b ..etc." , i think that there isnt a mouse at here but that is in here i cant change to real you too .. so you must show a reason for can say that ..however you cant earn any prestige or another thing with tebating on this subject , only you can get confused on other ethnic subject ...
http://www.ilkerozer.net

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 11:13
"Simply because this is a history discussion forum, and people are not robots with fixed thoughts"

I can bet that if he was Turkish, there would not of been any discussion.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 09:41
Might have been for the better if they indeed were. Tongue
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 09:34
Originally posted by Cent

Why do people still argue that he wasn't of Kurdish descent?

Simply because this is a history discussion forum, and people are not robots with fixed thoughts

Edited by Kapikulu - 16-Mar-2007 at 09:35
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 14:47
Why do people still argue that he wasn't of Kurdish descent?

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 15:11
There have been different theories on this. Hib being Arabian, local Egyptian, Kursih and Turkish. As far as I know the most and latest trustable result is him being a Kurdish.

Guys, I say again, Being a TUrk does not mean that u have a specific blood or another, hell knows.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 13:13
Originally posted by es_bih

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by erkut

I think we cant find out his nation. Becouse in that age nation was not important, the important thing was religion. So we cant say he is Kurd or Turk or Arab or Persian, we could only say that he was a muslim.

Exactly, nationality is a quite new thing actually.Especially in the islamic world..Ideas like he was %100 Kurdish are nonsense...as if there was a genetic science source 1000 years ago...Dead
  so that is what he was, the question is not wheter he was a Turk or a Kurd, we already know that he was a Kurd, but rather did he emphasize much on his Kurdish heritage or not?

He didn't emphasise his Kurdishness of course, but his family was Kurdish and those were the closest to him. 

Genral note: Does anyone dispute that the Ottomans or Seljuq rulers were Turk or not? No because they were, they were Turks - so when someone states that fact that Saladin was Kurdish what's the problem with that?  Why is his ethnicity not important but if someone says Ottomans were not Turks, for example, everyone will do everything to prove that they were, including me. Dead  It's just blatant anti-Kurdishness.

Edited by Zagros - 12-Mar-2007 at 13:14
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 12:08
Originally posted by Crusader3943

I think that he was Kurdish.

Yes, he was Kurdish.

Crusader3943 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 10:29
I think that he was Kurdish.
Crusader3943
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 17:34
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

I think we cant find out his nation. Becouse in that age nation was not important, the important thing was religion. So we cant say he is Kurd or Turk or Arab or Persian, we could only say that he was a muslim.

Exactly, nationality is a quite new thing actually.Especially in the islamic world..Ideas like he was %100 Kurdish are nonsense...as if there was a genetic science source 1000 years ago...Dead

Defietly true in the Islamic world, Muslim was the dominant identity then your national extraction, "Kurd", "Turk", etc were secondary things to people, most people in Anatolia did not know they were Turkish until the government told them so. It was not stressed as much, especially at his level, he was rather lower ranking in society, however, to say he was Turkish is absurd, history books, alongside primary sources cite him a Kurd, so that is what he was, the question is not wheter he was a Turk or a Kurd, we already know that he was a Kurd, but rather did he emphasize much on his Kurdish heritage or not?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 17:27
Originally posted by Batu

ayyubid dyntasy is kurdish? this is not true.all dynasties in that era were Turkic.Kuman or Oghuz Turks.Mameluks were Turkic.you dont deny this right?
 Saladin was also a Mameluk !!!

A - Yes you are right, the whole world is Turkish, the Cruasers were Turks, Richard's middle name was Erkan, Napoleon as well was a Turk. Confused

B - A Mamluk was a slave, Salah ad-Din was a free man, born to a free family, who were from Tikrit, an army family.

A + B = he was Kurd.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 17:07
Saladin was a genetic mixture as all human beings are.

'Muslim' would be a more appropriate label for him, but he had an undeniable Kurdish heritage.

By the way, this thread is not related with military history.
the_oz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 11:10
i dont know if he was a turk or a kurd but i know that he would be nothing without turkish soldiers.

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 08:13

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 01:55
yeah, He was an African American. Didn't you know that ?

Marlon Wayans declared himself as Saladin descendant.LOL

Edited by sirius99 - 08-Mar-2007 at 01:57
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 01:38
As far as I know, all the sources that I have come across, and books, mention him to be a Kurd, and Kurdish is his heritage, I do not see how he was a Turk, nor does it matter. His achievments stand the test of time no matter what he is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>