Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uncovering the obscure origins of the Nooristanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uncovering the obscure origins of the Nooristanis
    Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 13:59
Originally posted by Savdogar

Aryan - is NOT race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is SICK

Can you please quote. Cause I did not said the way you think.
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 04:01
Aryan - is NOT race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is SICK
...i dont need this...
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 15:53

Nick, you are sick.

there are plenty of afghans studying in my university. they are different.

while such stupid "Aryans" exist, your country (afghanistan) will never stand up.

Turkmens are not "Aryan", they have another cult - Prophet Turkmenbashi.

nick, you dont know the history, you dont know Mavarounnahr, Khorasan.

All you know is "gipsy" Aryan.

true aryans are central asian gipsies (or "luli"). Scientists have already proved it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend nothing personal Do you know what I just said or you are not feeling well.

I said the above are All from one race. Is that understandable. Please quote about what u have problems with. If not I am more then happy to provide you links.
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 04:19

Nick, you are sick.

there are plenty of afghans studying in my university. they are different.

while such stupid "Aryans" exist, your country (afghanistan) will never stand up.

Turkmens are not "Aryan", they have another cult - Prophet Turkmenbashi.

nick, you dont know the history, you dont know Mavarounnahr, Khorasan.

All you know is "gipsy" Aryan.

true aryans are central asian gipsies (or "luli"). Scientists have already proved it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Savdogar - 17-Aug-2006 at 04:26
...i dont need this...
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 20:02

Where is the proof that they worshipped Zues? 

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 18:21

Originally posted by Afghanan

What exactly of their culture is Greek NIck?

They used to follow the old Greek religion, gods like Zous was known to Kafiris.Greeks didn't influnced the afghan population. Few greeks came with their families and settled in Nuristan, infact more greeks settled in western iran then Eastern Iran. Eastern iran was known as hell.

So I don't think many would settle there. Today maybe 15% of nuristanis could be liftovers of Alexanderous and have been mixed with local Afghans. So it would be hard to find pure greek.

Edited by Nick - 16-Aug-2006 at 18:27
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 18:16

afghanistan needs leaders who are patriotic not nationalist.

too many ethnic groups living there.

cant believe that many centuries ago it was KHORASAN.

NO.  too many tribes live in Afghanistan,( 80%) of Afghans are from the Aryano-Afghan race. Again Aryano/Irano-Afghan is Race. They look the same. Act the same, etc.

Afghanistan has more tribes then any nation in this world. I thinK its 60 tribes in Afghanistan alone.

65-70% of Iran are also Irano-Afghan race.
70 % of Turkmenistan are also from Irano-Afghan race.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 14:07

Whether Patriotic, or Nationalist, they have to be from Afghanistan, not from Maryland, USA like Hamid Karzai.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 13:59

afghanistan needs leaders who are patriotic not nationalist.

too many ethnic groups living there.

cant believe that many centuries ago it was KHORASAN.
...i dont need this...
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 12:48
What exactly of their culture is Greek NIck?
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 22:38

Oh please the Greeks settled all over what is now Afghanistan and Pakistan. Hell several cities were even founded by them, Sirkap, Sialkot called Sangla then, Jhelum, Kandahar etc.

So the Macedonian theory is out.

And as Afghanan, said such features are common to that area, where the Nuristanis/Kalsah live. Light hair/ eyes are common enough in that region.
They are "caucasoid" after all.

I know enough about greeks to write a book LOL.
Nuristanis do have the mixed Greek culture from their forefather (Greeks and Afghans). Genitic have not proven nuristanis as Greeks or macedonian.  Just like we can't find semitic gene in Yousifzai's , although Apradies could be semitic its either from 10 lost tribe of Isreal from 1000 BCE (In Herat) or from Arab settlers, which is not known, but they give more signs of present Arabs.

Light hair is common among Afghans.
Green eyes are also very common among Afghans duo to regional and environmental affects. (genetically there is no difference between Green eyes and Brown not like south indian/African Dark eyes)

Edited by Nick - 15-Aug-2006 at 22:41
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 13:18
The governments in Afghanistan has always been minimally effective in nature and the surrounding kingdoms would offer support but were allowed to practice and do what they pleased.  This is what allowed Afghanistan to prosper in peace among its neighbors.  When the country would be invaded, they would rally together to fight a common enemy.  This happenned when the Mongols invaded, when the British Invaded, and again when the Russians invaded.

When the British began to interfere in the natural balance in the country, they started to polarize groups against one another for their own benefit.  This is really what led to the destabilization on ethnic lines in the country.

THe British sponsored the Hazaras to revolt in Afghanistan, which lead to their subjugation by the Emir, Abdur Rahman Khan.  The British sponsored spy network based out of Qezelbash of Afghanistan, which also was subdued by the Afghans.  They also created a cronie system which was destroyed again by Afghans.   They made treaties with Afghanistan but would wanted to control Afghanistan, and they were defeated on that front too by the Afghans.

Afghan as a nationality is a relatively new concept created in the 20th century by the Emir of Afghanistan, who helped forge the borders of the nation as well.  The British forced Afghanistan to become a landlocked country and which it's foreign investment would be controlled by the  nations surrounding them.

All landlocked countries in Central Asia are being influenced one way or another by their neighbors.   Russia again tried to seperate Afghanistan along ethnic lines and they failed, when the entire country rose up against them.  The Taliban and their Arab and Paki allies really polarized ethnic groups against one another and they too failed.

NATO and the US today are trying to forge a national government, but they are failing in that the major ethnic group in the country is opposed to their presence.

All the ideas of unity that are being presented by Muslim countriers, or by European countries are failing and the reason is that they have failed to garner indigenous support, which can only ferment through Afghans themselves.

Afghanistan needs indigenous leaders, not foreign puppets.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 12:47

much earlier

your government was always "sold"

if you allow Russia, US, Iran to make decision on the behalf of you, you will never stand up.

you see, non-afghan are ruling your life (i mean the future of your country)
...i dont need this...
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 01:26

Our government is very messed up , I agree.  We have not had a stable government since early 1970s.

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 14:23

very very very interesting, exotic, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic region is Afghanistan.

i hope you will regret stupid aryamanistic ideas and PR your country.

No doubt Afghanistan can become one the most exotic place to visit and touristic center. however, your government is stupid.

...i dont need this...
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 09:01
If i may just ask, for the cities theorized to be founded by alexander, what is the evidence that settlement did not exist in those localities beofre his arrival.
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 13:23
Originally posted by Afghanan

Kandahar was not found by the Greeks.  Kandahar was formely in the province of Arochosia, and before that,  Proto-Elamitic settlements were found in the region.  I believe even Sialkot was formerly known as Sakala and not found by the Greeks.

Sakala as the Sakas (Scythians) ?
"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 12:40
A religious ritual that was taped by the Greek Teacher's association

http://www.nb.no/baser/morgenstierne/nirmali/nirmali/Imra/Text/sacrifice/sacrifice98.html
"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 12:20
Here is a nice photo I found...that shows their diversity.. so that I won't be castigated as a "Blondy" worshipper by Afghanan LOL

Edited by Ave1 - 12-Aug-2006 at 12:42
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 12:17
I believe a Greek "Teachers" union went to the region to set up some sort of office there.  I am sure they were dumbfounded when they uncovered that the Nooristanis actually speak an Indo-Iranian language.

Some people claim that some of the locals say they are descendants of Alexander merely for tourist dollars. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>