Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould turkey be allowed into the EU?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Should Turkey be allowed join the EU
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [54.84%]
14 [45.16%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should turkey be allowed into the EU?
    Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 17:06

Like other threads of a similar nature, this one has again turned ugly due to the extremely annoying fight between the Greek and the Turkish camps. Don't you guys get tired of that?!?

Thread closed.
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 16:52
The paranoikos strikes again LOL
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 16:49
Whatever u say turkish kid ! LOL 
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 16:00

This is exactly what I mean, Greeks think they can hijack Europe and use it as a platform to attack Turkey because their too cowardly to do it openly and upfront.

Quite frankly if Greece can be allowed into Europe than so can Turkey.

Greek culture and lifestyle does not resemble what we consider as European, they don't share a common musical tradition, royal family tradition, cultural traits, artistic traits.

In reality they're Christian Easterners more precisely Turks even though they'll probobly take this as some kind of insult its the reality. If they converted to Islam they could fit in alot better in the Middle East than in Europe. I've been to Greece and they have been really affected and influenced by the Turks wether they accept it or not.

Greece today is not of major significant importance, all it does is hinder Europe and offer's nothing in return, no energy sources, no pipelines, no energy transfer, no powerfull economy, little strategic importance..............

It would be better for the whole of Europe if the Greeks could keep their xenophobic paranoia and brainwashed hatred of Turks to themselves because there walking on a very dangerous line trying to get Turkey to walk-away all-together which will be terrible for Europe not now but in the future.

Try to look a little ahead of time and put these silly prejeduce's behind you, we don't care about Turkish and Greeks sides having a pissing contest arguing over the most ridiculous of issues and just annoying each other creating tension.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 15:20
ah and @Bleda
u need to improve your English.
otherwise its hard for anyone to understand u.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 15:15
Originally posted by bg_turk

It becomes clear by every day that unless the EU stops supporting the absolutist demands of the Greek Cypriot administration to represent the whole island, while completely ignoring the Turkish Cypriots, the Turkey EU train will crash over Cyprus ... and Turkey better start preparing and bracing herself for the economic reprecussions from now.

"cypriot Greek administration"
What is this?Confused
I only know "Republic of Cyprus" ,recognized by the United Nations.

ps:As for my "modest comments about my nationality",can u mention me where do u disagree ?
Plz try to speak with arguments than silly desperate yellings and easy funny accusations for nationalism.Smile

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 15:01
Explain this privileged partnership Big Turk, please.

EU give us money and we gave nothing back? I dont think we need another privilege, and I dont think EU can offer anything new except money.

Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 13:36
Originally posted by machine

Ban abortions, its that simple

Wow, you think abortion is the reason for the population decline in Western countries???? This lends so much credibility to the rest of your arguments ... 

Whats the benefits though??? Australia was settled mainly by English, Poles, Italians, Germans, Dutch, Irish  in the early years.
Alot of them early settlers were made or freely anglicised their names.

So you are making a clear difference between White European immigrants and non-White non-European immigrants? You are making a difference between those who "anglicized" their name and those who don't?

Theres nothing special about diversity by your terms. Im sure many Aussies can back me up on that one.
Most Aussies couldnt care less about other peoples cultures.

Don't speak for other Aussies. Just speak for yourself.

I like certain aspects of diversity, but other aspects i dont like.

Like what?

Where the line should be drawn=Australia stays 90% Aussie.

What do you mean by "90% Aussie"? You mean 90% WHITE Australian?

Yeh stop the right wing bullsh*t. I dont have a political ideology. Im for anything that works, where the goverments care for their own people and give them considerable amounts of freedom.

Maybe you don't know you have an ideology because you don't know enough about anything. You are actually the poster boy for this so-called "right wing bullsh*t" that you pretend you don't care about. You should actually do a little more investigation and find a group like that to join. You will be surprised how much you feel at home there.  

I love how people always mention Hitler and right wing ideologies when i have said nothing that could be considered as hatred. Damn you people cant help yourselves, without Hitler your arguments would be useless.

WHO mentioned Hitler????? I certainly did not.

Edited by flyingzone - 12-Jun-2006 at 13:37
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 11:27
Explain this privileged partnership Big Turk, please.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 11:25
Originally posted by flyingzone

Declining birth rates is a problem that should be handled aswell.

Propose a solution if you could.

Ban abortions, its that simple lol.

Its not that i hate immigrants or anything like that.

Many people also say that, and there is always a "but" after that statement ... The line of demarcation between being frustrated with the situation with immigrants and being xenophobic/racist can be very murky sometimes.

Who cares. I know im not racist.

In 30 years time what will Australia be????

More diverse and more multiethnic. That's the inevitable trend especially in countries that are founded on and by immigrants, like Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and Australia. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

Whats the benefits though??? Australia was settled mainly by English, Poles, Italians, Germans, Dutch, Irish  in the early years.
Alot of them early settlers were made or freely anglicised their names. They were also colonists.
More to the point they became Australians.
Mass immigration creates xenophobia and racism, the one thing your all for can end up working against you. Funny sh*t that.

Theres nothing special about diversity by your terms. Im sure many Aussies can back me up on that one.
Most Aussies couldnt care less about other peoples cultures.
I like certain aspects of diversity, but other aspects i dont like.

America is going have a Mexican majority within the next two decades, whats to love about that????

Im just saying you have to draw the line somewhere thats all.

You have to be more specific about WHERE to draw the line and HOW the line should be drawn. Without any concrete proposals, your statements sound simply like slogans of some extreme right-wing parties.

Where the line should be drawn=Australia stays 90% Aussie.

Yeh stop the right wing bullsh*t. I dont have a political ideology. Im for anything that works, where the goverments care for their own people and give them considerable amounts of freedom.

Where do i live, mmm does that matter??? Where are your from??? Im guessing Sydney.

Don't forget you asked Micro5bei whether he's Asian or not.

And........................... 

I love how people always mention Hitler and right wing ideologies when i have said nothing that could be considered as hatred. Damn you people cant help yourselves, without Hitler your arguments would be useless.

Edited by machine - 12-Jun-2006 at 11:33
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 11:17
A standoff between the EU and Turkey due to Greek Cypriot objections has just been resolved and the EU-Turkey meeting will go as expected.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5071806.stm

EU foreign ministers have agreed on a common position to start membership talks with Turkey after Cyprus raised last-minute objections.

The agreement came after crisis talks between the Austrian EU presidency and Cyprus on Sunday night and Monday.

Cyprus wanted the EU to press Turkey to recognise Cyprus - divided since 1974 - and open its ports to Cypriot ships.

Though the future looks quite bleak. Reuters reports:

With Cyprus insisting on keeping a sword of Damocles hovering over Turkey's head, ministers warned that the EU "will, if necessary, return to this chapter at an appropriate moment"...

The other 24 EU countries had been bracing for a row with Turkey late this year over its failure to open its ports and airports to traffic from Cyprus but were taken aback when Nicosia decided to raise the stakes now.

Diplomats said Cyprus had achieved its goal of firing a warning shot and locking in an EU commitment to get tough with Turkey if it does not budge later this year.

"This was just a warm-up for the autumn. This was thunder, that will be a real storm," one said.

It becomes clear by every day that unless the EU stops supporting the absolutist demands of the Greek Cypriot administration to represent the whole island, while completely ignoring the Turkish Cypriots, the Turkey EU train will crash over Cyprus ... and Turkey better start preparing and bracing herself for the economic reprecussions from now.

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:31
Originally posted by Digenis

Why not?
Greece geographically belongs in Europe.
Greek civilization is the basis of European civilization.
Modern Greek state is a real democracy.
My education is based on european ideals.
Greece is a member of EU the last 25 years.

On the other hand u are dreaming silly phantastic pan-turanism bulsh*t,
and if u decide to follow the european dream tell me to give u as a present a nice pair of binoculars...u ll definately need them! LOL

Digenis, as always you are so modest of your nationality, and so lovely and kind and flattering towards us Turks...

Actually to some extent I agree with you about the fact that Turkey should not enter the EU.
I am being increasingly convinced in the advantages of privileged partnership. It would relieve Europe from most of its Islamophobic fears about the Muslim immigration wave from Turkey, while still keeping intact the undisputable economic advantages for both the EU and Turkey, and most importantly it will relieve Turkey of the political costs of EU membership such as yielding more concessions in Cyprus and in the Aegean.

I always believed in the merits of EU membership where Turkey would be respected as an equal candidate like all others, but maybe neither the EU nor Turkey are prepared for this relationship. Angela Merkel might have been right in proposing privileged partnership.

Edited by bg_turk - 12-Jun-2006 at 09:50
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:28
hey patos,
eu is grow old
dont worry about us kids

bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:24

Cyprus is inhabited by Greeks the last 3000 years.
Greek civilization is tha basis of european culture.

And after all Cyprus is an island,we can consider it whatever we want-Eurpean,Asian,AfricanBig smile

cyprus wasnt inhabited last 3000 by greeks csaki

l
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:18
Originally posted by bleda

europe is a `malaka `i think

Watch your language boy.Angry
How would u feel if someone told "Turkey is an asshole"?

Its obvious you dont feel European.

you feel europeanLOL

Why not?
Greece geographically belongs in Europe.
Greek civilization is the basis of European civilization.
Modern Greek state is a real democracy.
My education is based on european ideals.
Greece is a member of EU the last 25 years.

On the other hand u are dreaming silly phantastic pan-turanism bulsh*t,
and if u decide to follow the european dream tell me to give u as a present a nice pair of binoculars...u ll definately need them! LOL
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:12

europe is a `malaka `i think

Watch your language boy.Angry
How would u feel if someone told "Turkey is an asshole"?

Its obvious you dont feel European.

you feel europeanLOL

Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:00

Propose a solution if you could.

Its not that i hate immigrants or anything like that.

Many people also say that, and there is always a "but" after that statement ... The line of demarcation between being frustrated with the situation with immigrants and being xenophobic/racist can be very murky sometimes.

In 30 years time what will Australia be????

More diverse and more multiethnic. That's the inevitable trend especially in countries that are founded on and by immigrants, like Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and Australia. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

Im just saying you have to draw the line somewhere thats all.

You have to be more specific about WHERE to draw the line and HOW the line should be drawn. Without any concrete proposals, your statements sound simply like slogans of some extreme right-wing parties.

Where do i live, mmm does that matter??? Where are your from??? Im guessing Sydney.

Don't forget you asked Micro5bei whether he's Asian or not.

Edited by flyingzone - 12-Jun-2006 at 10:38
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:30
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Machine, just wondering, where abouts do you live?

Europe and Australia have to accept migrants, its not a matter of choice. We both have declining birth rates and the effect of rejecting migrants is population decline and economic stagnation.

Its not that i hate immigrants or anything like that. In 30 years time what will Australia be????

Im just saying you have to draw the line somewhere thats all. Im sure your country men (????)  Omar al Hashim would feel the same if it was vice versa.

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:14
Cyprus is inhabited by Greeks the last 3000 years.
Greek civilization is tha basis of european culture.

And after all Cyprus is an island,we can consider it whatever we want-Eurpean,Asian,AfricanBig smile
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:03
Originally posted by barish

Turkey is simply NOT Europe.
What is Europe?

Definitions of Europe:
-the Caroligian Empire
-Christian Europe
-West of the Urals and North of the mediterrainian

Eastern Europe:
-The area conqurered by either Turkey or Russia

I actually think that Europe is an area that is bounded by Turkey and Russia. They define the boundaries of Europe. However if Cyprus is in Europe then Turkey definietly is. Even Lebanon should be in Europe if Cyprus is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>