Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia's Armenians under attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia's Armenians under attack
    Posted: 19-May-2006 at 21:10
by the way turkey should protest against the use of its flag by this whatever brigade ... if things continue like this soon they will start associating it with the nazi swastika.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 21:23
What would you say if the Bulgarian government started disturbing the geographic demographics of Bulgaria by moving Slavs into Turk areas? 
More tot he point what do you think of the Chinese dilution of Uigar populations?
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 23:17
Originally posted by bg_turk

This is awlays a problem but minorities simply have to learn to deal with it. The study of Armenian should be certainly encouraged, but all should be obliged to know Georgian so that the state can function as one integral unit. .........Asking that Armenian be made the official language for a part of Georgia is simply equivalent to a form of seperatism.

i think your missing the point, firstly the article is mentioning the moving of outsiders into the region, secondly the language issue is for the older inhabitants and thirdly its about the overal poverty in that area.

Do you have any idea how difficult it can be for a poor 40 yr (and older) man who needs to provide for their families today, and ontop has to learn a new language? and you simply ask for patiance? i wonder in all that poverty and imported crime how they have any excuses for not attending and paying for language classes.Confused

BG_Turk, no matter whats put infront of you, you become a paraniod excuser/accuser.....

....with Armenian sepratist and meddling russians im suprised you havent blamed the greeks yet! But since your second guessing all of these to fit into your own personal assumtions and bias to this issue, im sure you will also stick with 'democratic' georgia being the victim here too.
Dead

Edited by Leonidas - 19-May-2006 at 23:19
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 07:28
Originally posted by Zagros

What would you say if the Bulgarian government started disturbing the geographic demographics of Bulgaria by moving Slavs into Turk areas? 

They had in the 1980s moved many Bulgarians in the Turkish and Pomak regions (read Technology of the Revival Porcess thread) and tried to spread Turks into the other regions of the country, no major distrubances broke out. We try to live peacefully with them. Before the Revival process there were areas where Turks formed an absolute majority, now that's no longer the case.
Many of the Bulgarians in Kardjali that I know are from other parts of the country.

Originally posted by Leonidas

Do you have any idea how difficult it can be for a poor 40 yr (and older) man who needs to provide for their families today, and ontop has to learn a new language? and you simply ask for patiance?

I do because my Grandparents had to undergo exactly that in the 60s-70s and they still managed to provide for the family.

BG_Turk, no matter whats put infront of you, you become a paraniod excuser/accuser.....
Have I blamed the Armenians? I have unequivocally condemned this leaflet distribution. But the Armenian mobs storming a municipal building, eventhough it was after a provocation, is not a particularly praiseworthy action either.

Edited by bg_turk - 20-May-2006 at 07:32
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 10:32
The problem is that for about 80 years of the region being under Georgian SSR the Georgian Communist government has failed to integrate the Armenian society. Note that the language spoken everywhere was Russian, thus the Armenians did not really need to learn Georgian. The Georgian local government had to help those people learn Georgian, which they have failed even though the ample amount of time given.

Moreover, it has removed the only job supply in the region, the Russian military base. Promises were made that jobs would be given to those who have lost them, none were fulfilled.

"what would satisfy you mamikon? what do you want georgia to do? maybe seal the region of to turks so that they cannot enter? should the fact that armenians live there preculde turks from settling there - after all is the region not part of their own country too?"

There is  difference between individuals immigrating to the region (...even though its awfully poor) and between inserting through artifical means a thousands of people. Even if these thousand people were of other ethnicity than Turks you still would create animosity between the local population and the newcomers. But you are moving Turks...no offense but I believe most of those people dislike Turks. This would definitely a small scale war in the region, unless the Georgian government sends troops to suppress one group, which would lead to a large scale and yipeee....Dead

I want the Georgian government to stop forced population movement, stop all promises and actually develop the region. If they cant develop ther region, if the people have to continue living in poverty, then they dont deserve to rule the region, and an autonomy is necessary.

Edited by mamikon - 20-May-2006 at 10:39
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:15
Originally posted by mamikon

Georgian government to stop forced population movement,
How is it forced? Do the turks who are "forced" to move there complain about the Georgian government?

stop all promises and actually develop the region.
Indeed it should, and that is why I said that people need to be patient. It cant just develop the region overnight, and it needs the cooperation of its citizens of Armenian origin to achieve that.

If they cant develop ther region, if the people have to continue living in poverty, then they dont deserve to rule the region, and an autonomy is necessary.
Poverty cannot be justification for seperatism. Armenians in Georgia face no persecution or discrimination, they cannot ask for seperation or autonomy from Georgia.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 15:43

Poverty cannot be justification for seperatism. Armenians in Georgia face no persecution or discrimination, they cannot ask for seperation or autonomy from Georgia.

Sometimes being ignored and left in poverty is worse than discrimination. Its basically discrimination without any effort. I'm not saying they should separate, I'm just saying in some instances its basically the same thing.

How is it forced? Do the turks who are "forced" to move there complain about the Georgian government?

Its forced because if they were to immigrate there, they'd do it on their own instead of through a pre-planned government program...

What a way to make the Armenians of Georgia feel part of the country...their whole region is ignored while the Georgian government prioritizes its spending on a group of people who have never even been to Georgia LOL

And its funny how they only decided to do this when the Armenians started complaining about their region being left behind....

Originally posted by mamikon

If they cant develop ther region, if the people have to continue living in poverty, then they dont deserve to rule the region, and an autonomy is necessary.

You know, it only gets funnier, when they created the Abkhazian autonomous district, Abkhazians formed only 18% of the population (Kartvelians were 45% in Abkhazia...these numbers are from the 1989 census btw). When they created the South Ossetian autonomous district, Ossetians were 66% of the population. Armenians form a 95% majority in their district, and not only do they not have any autonomy, they are thrown in the back-seat. Plus, now that theres more people being moved into the district, there are more people hence less resources-per-person.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12