Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War is the only means to reunify China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War is the only means to reunify China
    Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 17:01

"Does Iraq have claim to Kuwait because it used to be a part of Iraq and because they are also Arabs?"

Did Kuwait present ever Iraq in UN? No

Did Taiwan represent China in UN? Yes

Did Kuwait once controlled the entire Iraq? No

Did Taiwan's ROC government control the entire China? Yes

Is Kuwait recognized by any countries? Yes, most of the countries.

Is Taiwan recognized by any countries? No, not recognized by any major powers.

Is Taiwan in UN? No

" Let's keep that in mind. I just don't believe that Taiwan should be annexed by China if it overwhelmingly wants to be autonomous. "

Let's also keep in mind that I just don't believe that China should not declare war on Taiwan if it overwhelmingly wants to declare war when Taiwan is independent.

Over 95 percent in Mainland China want to declare war on Taiwan when it declares independence.

I am not saying a war is wanted. I am saying a peaceful reunification is what is wanted. But, it is not possible due to the ignorant assumption of many Taiwan's seperatists that Mainland China will seat there organizing its Olympic game doing nothing when Taiwan walks away. How childish is that?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 17:16
Originally posted by coolstorm

Is Taiwan in UN? No

guess why...
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 22:47

I'd have to disagree.  All the white people I know, unless they have only recently immigrated consider themselves American.  When asked "What are you?"  They respond, "I'm American."  I have to specifiy that I want their specific ethnic make up to discern their identities.

Gubuk... your from California though, Californians are a super mixed (not used in negative context) heritage peoples, there's a reason they aren't sure of what they are because they immigrated differently. In my region of the world there are three major "white"- how I abhor that term, migrations. The first was the original english, scots-irish peoples who came to found my city. Then came the German immigrants to the area, and finally some Irish and Italians came in to complete the mix. Therefore, when asked around here of what you are they'll say German, Irish or Italian.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2004 at 22:54
Ah ic.  East Coast I take?  I"m just starting to learn about that in history class. Well there goes my argument. 
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 06:56

Did Kuwait present ever Iraq in UN? No

Did Taiwan represent China in UN? Yes

Did Kuwait once controlled the entire Iraq? No

Did Taiwan's ROC government control the entire China? Yes

Is Kuwait recognized by any countries? Yes, most of the countries.

Is Taiwan recognized by any countries? No, not recognized by any major powers.

Is Taiwan in UN? No

To determine whether a nation is independent or not, we rely upon the MONTEVIDEO CONVENTION. 

Look that up. 

Find the 4 requirements for a country to become independent.

See how many of the requirements Taiwan had accomplished

Let's also keep in mind that I just don't believe that China should not declare war on Taiwan if it overwhelmingly wants to declare war when Taiwan is independent.

Keep the topic in one thread- there is one in Asia topic thread. 

Don't make me think that all Chinese people are all like you.

Grrr..
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 14:17

"Find the 4 requirements for a country to become independent.

See how many of the requirements Taiwan had accomplished"

No one wants to go to war but independence of Taiwan is not an option. To keep the country unified is not the same invading others. Taiwan is no others. China will not invade any other countries but Taiwan is not another country.

Of course I am aware of the requirements. But, first of all, the country has to be independent for 50 years. Taiwan has never been considered as a country by any major nation in the world. It fails to fulfill the first requirement.

Don't be childish, there are no countries on earth including the US dare oppose China on this issue. China looks at it as their supreme obligation to keep the country unified. And, look at the size of China and the economic interests associated with other countries and look at the size of Taiwan and what other countries can gain from Taiwan. Even idiots will choose China as their market instead of Taiwan with such a tiny economy.

World politics is based upon power. Rules of this game are decided by power.

If you ask some Americans if they know about Taiwan. Some of them will tell you that it's an African nation. Some of them might tell you it's part of China. Some of them will say it's the same as Thailand. But, none of them wants to go to war for it?

Think whatever you want. You got the freedom. But, war is the consequence of independence. Reunification will happen anyways. I have to emphasize that. It's either by war or peaceful means. The situation of China will eventually get better as its rise in power. Do you think they will just say "Ok, I want the Olympic game instead of Taiwan?" No way, don't be childish.

The US's operation in Iraq, in many parts, is not allowed  by International Laws. Has anyone dare stopped it? No!!!

Big countries can do whatever they want on a global stage. 

battleaxe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote battleaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2004 at 22:43
hey just curious, coolstorm do you think china has to keep control over 'han peoples' because they have a moral right to, or are you saying "heck we have the power so let's do it"
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 00:02

China means the Han people. The Han people mean China.

That's why both Taiwan and Mainland China mean China.

But the Han people have the power to control Tibet, Inner Mongolia, Xijiang.

Taiwan, on the other hand, is part of the Chinese culture. They mean the Han people.

It's something that you might not understand.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:25
Originally posted by coolstorm

It's something that you might not understand.

There's no fundamental truth, just human-invented points of view. The Nazis* had similar thoughts about all Germanic peoples and their right to rule other areas (ignore the rest of their policies though...). So I do hope the people sharing your ideas are in a minority.

*)yea, I'm a little anarchistic today, ignoring Godwin's law

Edited by Styrbiorn
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:51

"their right to rule other areas"

but Taiwan is no other area. It is not Polland. To China, Taiwan is as essential as Berlin to Germany.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 14:59
The first and only ones to determin whether Taiwan is part of China are the Taiwanese themselves.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:00

your once again talking about invented concepts, ethnicity is nothing more than a slight difference in someones eyes or nose, it is not some mystical spititual force that binds people to certain governments.

Also, if you start any more random threads with propoganda as the topic I will close it.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:20

"The first and only ones to determin whether Taiwan is part of China are the Taiwanese themselves."

Taiwan does not only belong to the people of Taiwan but all China just like Hawaii doesn't only belong to the people there but the entire US.

"your once again talking about invented concepts, ethnicity is nothing more than a slight difference in someones eyes or nose, it is not some mystical spititual force that binds people to certain governments.

Also, if you start any more random threads with propoganda as the topic I will close it."

Maybe you should join the Communist party and oppress the freedom of speech and thought together with them.

Your statement is against the modern concept of freedom. I am not trying to force anyone to believe in anything but discussing and debating on a political topic.

I know you have the power to close the topic but your action will be considered as an act against the freedom of speech. It is unacceptable to the free world.

You are basically choosing what you like to hear to be discussed.

Edited by coolstorm
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:24
Taiwan does not only belong to the people of Taiwan but all China just like Hawaii doesn't only belong to the people there but the entire US.

If the people of Hawaii (or Alaska ) would choose to be independent they should be independent. Same is true for Taiwan. It's called democracy.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:25

"Also, if you start any more random threads with propoganda as the topic I will close it."

Not trying to be mean but I think you should improve your ability of understanding English.

The topic "War is the only means to reunify China " is hardly any propanganda but a prediction of the future using current events.

It does not try to promote any ideology or anything but delivers the message of "war is the result of the independent action of Taiwan".

It is up to you what you think. You can think what you want. You have the freedom to do so. But, you will also see a war between Mainland China and Taiwan as a result of the independent movement.

Again, think what you want and do what you want to do but keep in mind that whatever you do there will be a result. To Taiwan's seperatists, the result will be a war. That is hardly any proganda but an estimate.

Edited by coolstorm
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:50

"If the people of Hawaii (or Alaska ) would choose to be independent they should be independent. Same is true for Taiwan. It's called democracy. "

Is China a democracy?

Did the US fight a war against the British to gain its independence?

If you could answer the above questions, you should be able to tell whether a war will be fought for Taiwan to gain its independence.

The issue here is not whether it should or should not but whethere a war will happen and the answer is most likely yes.

To me and most Chinese, Taiwan is part of China.

I have the right to think so! Please don't threaten me by saying you are going to close my post or anything like that as Tobodai did.

Also, an interesting thought: 99 percent of the people in Mainland China want to declare war on Taiwan once it declares its independence. If mainland China really does it in a democratic way, there will also be a war.

Edited by coolstorm
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 19:28

But the Han people have the power to control Tibet, Inner Mongolia, Xijiang.

Taiwan, on the other hand, is part of the Chinese culture. They mean the Han people.

1.  YOu are discussing Racial Supremacy.  Like Han being some kind of Arean Race

2.  I thought Mongolia and Xijiang people swept across southern China to wipe out its population once in a while?  One specific instance under Genghis Khan?

3.  Han had power to conquer but not maintain tibet, inner mongolia.  They were given to China after WW2 because China was part of the allies that won the war and thus the one who decided where land would split

4.  Hans never conquered Taiwan...rather, they said that the island was barbaric and left it barbaric until European sailors arrived.  Therefore, according to your logic, it should be European land.  Oooh wait, didn't Europe resign from colonizing most of Asian islands?  Then that leaves Taiwan as independent, no?

To me and most Chinese, Taiwan is part of China.

Oh my god.  To me and all Japanese, no Chinese were raped in Nanking; rather, they were well FED AND SUPPLIED WITH FRESH DAILY RICE EVERY DAY

Also, an interesting thought: 99 percent of the people in Mainland China want to declare war on Taiwan once it declares its independence. If mainland China really does it in a democratic way, there will also be a war.

Why do you want to give in only Chinese perspective?  Taiwan, whos on the other side of the conflict, should have their voice, no?  And you should post their perspectives also- so that we foreigners can compare the situation the way you did.....?

Is China a democracy?

It doesn't matter.  If it does, explain 

Did the US fight a war against the British to gain its independence?

If you could answer the above questions, you should be able to tell whether a war will be fought for Taiwan to gain its independence.

Did Canada fight a war against British to gain its independence?

If you can answer the question mentioned above, you should be able to tell whether a war will be fought for Taiwan to gain tis independence.

Grrr..
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 00:05

"3.  Han had power to conquer but not maintain tibet, inner mongolia.  They were given to China after WW2 because China was part of the allies that won the war and thus the one who decided where land would split"

Tibet, Mongolia, and Chinese Central Asia were at some points in history occupied by Chinese administrations. An example would be the Qing dynasty.

"4.  Hans never conquered Taiwan...rather, they said that the island was barbaric and left it barbaric until European sailors arrived.  Therefore, according to your logic, it should be European land.  Oooh wait, didn't Europe resign from colonizing most of Asian islands?  Then that leaves Taiwan as independent, no?"

The island was occupied by the Ming general during the early Qing dynasty but his grandson surrendered to the Qing and the Island became part of the Fujiang province. It was made a province by itself during mid Qing dynasty.

"Why do you want to give in only Chinese perspective?  Taiwan, whos on the other side of the conflict, should have their voice, no?  And you should post their perspectives also- so that we foreigners can compare the situation the way you did.....?"

I have said many times that anyone could think whatever s/he wants. But they will have the face the consequence such as a war with China.

"Did Canada fight a war against British to gain its independence?"

Canada was a colony and part of the new world. Taiwan was once a Japanese colony but part of China proper. Plus, do you think China will seat there not doing anything when Taiwan walks away. You can think that but you know it is not likely at all. Do you think there will be no war when Taiwan declares independence. Just answer this question.

Edited by coolstorm
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 06:37

Tibet, Mongolia, and Chinese Central Asia were at some points in history occupied by Chinese administrations. An example would be the Qing dynasty.

The island was occupied by the Ming general during the early Qing dynasty but his grandson surrendered to the Qing and the Island became part of the Fujiang province. It was made a province by itself during mid Qing dynasty.

Prove it

Canada was a colony and part of the new world. Taiwan was once a Japanese colony but part of China proper. Plus, do you think China will seat there not doing anything when Taiwan walks away. You can think that but you know it is not likely at all. Do you think there will be no war when Taiwan declares independence. Just answer this question.

It all depends on the new US administration.  Colin Powell, the secretary of defense, who claimed taiwan as being part of China, has resigned.  In his place, a mexican I've never heard about took his place.  We'll have to see what he saids. 

If he supports China, then whatever

If he supports China, then there would be no war. 

Grrr..
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 11:52

A minor correction, demon. Colin Powell was Secretary of State, and Condoleezza Rice has taken that place. The person you were thinking of is Alberto Gonzales, who is taking the place of John Ashcroft as Attorney General. The Secretary of Defense is still Donald Rumsfield (I think... unless there was something new I missed).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>