Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Impossibility of God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Greek Hoplite View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Impossibility of God?
    Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 01:59
Originally posted by Maziar

I mean why should he say Jesus is the son of the God in the bible and deny this in Quran?

Only Jesus has risen from the dead and won death and its the son of God.

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 26-Sep-2006 at 02:00
My blog
http://mankap.blogspot.com/
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 02:48
Nobody was God or his son. It is just simple humans rising to abnormal heights due to their abilities.

One thing that I don't like is that some person claims or his supporters claim that he is the God or son so nobody else can be the same. There cannot be one God Because belief cannot be centralised or unified under one command.

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 02:54
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Nobody was God or his son. It is just simple humans rising to abnormal heights due to their abilities.

You have the right to believe everything you want ,but Jesus is the son of God and has risen from the dead and done all these for human salvationThumbs Up

My blog
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 06:00
Originally posted by Greek Hoplite

You have the right to believe everything you want ,but Jesus is the son of God and has risen from the dead and done all these for human salvationThumbs Up

I respect your opinion. In this respect, the Indian religion is the best. Any good person can attain the status of god by virtue of his deeds. There is nothing such as an all powerful, infalliable god.

If you look at my signature, it signifies the essence of the Indian religion. You yourself are the God, Universe, Your fate & the master of destiny.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 06:56
The main difference that make the God of Christians the only real god, is that His Son has risen from dead, that's the most important in christianity.That s the diifference from all other religions which are fictions of humans.But as i said everyone believes in everything he wantsThumbs Up.
My blog
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 08:32
He rose from the dead. What after that ? 
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 11:28
A friend of mine once told me about a statistical approach to the subject.  It deals with just looking at simple incentive/gain probabilities for any event, like for example in gambling, you would choose whether to place a bet based on the size of the possible winnings involved.  Well with God, the off chance that God does exist, the reward/gain is infinite and so no matter what the odds, an infinite gain makes it worth betting on every time. 
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 12:22
Originally posted by jayeshks

A friend of mine once told me about a statistical approach to the subject.  It deals with just looking at simple incentive/gain probabilities for any event, like for example in gambling, you would choose whether to place a bet based on the size of the possible winnings involved.  Well with God, the off chance that God does exist, the reward/gain is infinite and so no matter what the odds, an infinite gain makes it worth betting on every time. 

next problem: there are hundreds of religions. Which one should you follow? The one with the nicest heaven and worst hell?
The Philosopher View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Philosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 12:57

He ascended into heavan.    
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 19:42

I do believe their is a god there is much evidence that scientists cannot deny.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 19:46
Originally posted by LilLou

like...
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 19:59
People can always deny everything, after all there are still some people who deny the obvious and insist that the world is 4000 years old.

As far as I'm concerned the damning proof (no pun intended) is the Quran. I do not believe that could be written by a person now, let alone 1400 years ago.

You have the right to believe everything you want ,but Jesus is the son of God and has risen from the dead and done all these for human salvation

I don't mean any offense by this but I have to point out, according to Christianity, God condemned all mankind to hell then had a son, sent him to earth where he was tourtured and slowly killed by crucifiction so that god could forgive mankind - or the specific part that believed it happened - from hell, and this is supposed to be a symbol of all things good?

Why exactly did god require the death by torture of his "son"?
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 20:08
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

like...

Well, it is a common Christian concept that they have "so much proof" for their claims, when they really have none.

Epikoureios View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Epikoureios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 21:09
If Jesus was recenrly killed in the electric chair, would all Christians wear little golden electric chairs around their necks?
Epikoureios View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Epikoureios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 21:10
Originally posted by Epikoureios

If Jesus was recently killed in the electric chair, would all Christians wear little golden electric chairs around their necks?
The Philosopher View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Philosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 21:56
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

People can always deny everything, after all there are still some people who deny the obvious and insist that the world is 4000 years old.As far as I'm concerned the damning proof (no pun intended) is the Quran. I do not believe that could be written by a person now, let alone 1400 years ago.

You have the right to believe everything you want ,but Jesus is the son of God and has risen from the dead and done all these for human salvation
I don't mean any offense by this but I have to point out, according to Christianity, God condemned all mankind to hell then had a son, sent him to earth where he was tourtured and slowly killed by crucifiction so that god could forgive mankind - or the specific part that believed it happened - from hell, and this is supposed to be a symbol of all things good?Why exactly did god require the death by torture of his "son"?

because it was to pay the price for mans sins, so that now we can pray to God freely, without having to make a blood sacrifice, like in the old testament. the price has already been paid with Gods sons' blood.    
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 21:57
there is too much evidence too proof that god exists, our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos the world is too complex beyond our imaginations here are some examples,  discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did have a beggining, there was a moment of creation, advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information in each cell they found thousands of designed machines,which tells us that there is a higher intelligence that we don't know of. so ask yourself if u you believe in right or wrong, then ask yourself why who gave you your conscience?? why does it exist............ 

does that give u answers
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 02:05
Originally posted by The Philosopher

He ascended into heavan.    

But that is where he would have gone immediately after the first death. Why does he have to come back from the heaven for some days & go back. Their are also a lot of similiar stories in Indian religion, but I have still not been able to iunderstand their logic. may be I am wrong in looking for logic in a matter such  as a faith.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 03:13
I don't mean any offense by this but I have to point out, according to Christianity, God condemned all mankind to hell then had a son, sent him to earth where he was tourtured and slowly killed by crucifiction so that god could forgive mankind - or the specific part that believed it happened - from hell, and this is supposed to be a symbol of all things good?Why exactly did god require the death by torture of his "son"?

because it was to pay the price for mans sins, so that now we can pray to God freely, without having to make a blood sacrifice, like in the old testament. the price has already been paid with Gods sons' blood.   

That was regurgitation of a memorised answer. What does that sentence actually mean (I can't figure it out)?

there is too much evidence too proof that god exists, our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos the world is too complex beyond our imaginations here are some examples,  discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did have a beggining, there was a moment of creation, advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information in each cell they found thousands of designed machines,which tells us that there is a higher intelligence that we don't know of. so ask yourself if u you believe in right or wrong, then ask yourself why who gave you your conscience?? why does it exist............

While I agree with you, I'll point out that everybody knows this already and you not about to convince anyone with it. In addition it means abosolutely nothing to proving a religion correct, it mearly picks at flaws in atheism. Just because ideology X is wrong, it doesn't mean Y is right. We don't live in a bipolar world.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 06:09

does that give u answers

That's religious (i)logic. It's nonsense to state that if 1+1=2 then God exists. The "order" of the Universe you seem to find so wonderful is actually very chaotic.
By means of logic, if God exists (mainly speaking of the abrahmanic God) then, to be complete It must also contain Its nonexistence. So God exists and also doesn't exist. Therefore either you have a God which is limited by it's own existence or you have a God that is unlimited therefore you either and simultaneously have and don't have a God. So if you chose to believe that God only exists you chose to limit the unlimited God. If you decide that God doesn't exist you limit yourself to an existence that isn't complete by denying the posibility of the existance of a God. It's the choice of completness or consistency. Believing in God is usually inconsistent. Atheists are generally consistent.
Other "gods" (like hindu) are just superior entities. Calling them gods it's like worshipping vampires or werewolves. I would rather think of them as the next step to achieve in our development.
So the (im)posibility of God is rather irrelevant fo a mere human being. Though talking about is always interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>