Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catholic Church's latest convert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catholic Church's latest convert
    Posted: 26-Dec-2007 at 03:14
And that the Tamil tigers are a catholic motivated group is a very new information for me, whereas i have second thoughts in it.

The Tamil Tigers are by and by the most part a secular group that has expressed anti-muslim opinions. For the most part even though Catholicism makes up most of the Tamil Christians, 90% of all Tamils are Hindu, so I would say that very few Tamil suicide attackers are Catholics.

I understand almost every prisoner in the US that has committed a henious crime is born again. Would you throw open the prison doors?

That's up to the secular authorities who control a man's physical freedom. When a man accepts God, God frees his soul.

Now, one of the things that I don't accept of the Catholic doctrine is precisely how soft it is with criminals. I preffer they receive what they deserve.

So you know what the judgment of mankind is?
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 10:48
Can I repeat, probably as uselessly as ever, my continuing wish that people would not use the term 'Catholic' as though all Catholics were Roman Catholics?

Blair, as far as I know, has always been Catholic. What he has apparently done is accept the hegemony of the Pope.

The BBC got it right in the first sentence:
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has left the Anglican Church to become a Roman Catholic.
but ruined it thereafter, probably because they quoted so many Roman prelates, who have a vested interest in confusing the issue.

The BBC is not what it was.

PS: 'Left footer' is not Paul's coinage. It was a fairly common phrase when I was growing up. There's a version of its origin at http://www.allwords.com/word-left-footer.html 
but how true it is I don't know.

Edited by gcle2003 - 01-Jan-2008 at 10:54
The_Jackal_God View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote The_Jackal_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 18:10
the comments about the church needing to fill in for the state on punishing crime is funny,

reminds me of aesop's the man, the boy and the ass
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 18:26
It is well known that Blair was a supersticious person,he even paid a personal astrologer when he was primeminister,and he also had many other weird fixations.One of his best friends and most suportive politicians was (is) gay,Mr Mandelson.It is also very clear that Blais is an expert liar.

Uncountrary to the belief that nobody can be a 100% indoctrinated in to a religion,so it is understandable that Blair as a human being has done some mistakes in his past ,the truth is that people who realy belive do put at the foundations of their existence the religios doctrine,even though as humans they do make mistakes, and sins.
So there are certain principles by which a religios person hangs on during his existence and are at the foundations of the religion and its preachings.

In the Catholic religion Homosexuality is a sin,starting a war is a sin,and recognising supernatural forces other then god is the bigest sin.Now if you dont belive in this principles then what is the point in converting to this particular religion??????????????????????

You belive in this religion and go by this principles or you dont,is as simple as that ,you cant play god.

So by all this my opinion is that Blair remains one of the most experineced and expert liars alive.

Me pune,me perpjekje.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12