Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the
    Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 11:17
What you're saying is that we have lots of parts and you're assuming it's a metaphorical elephant, siege tower.

Edited by Zaitsev - 11-Oct-2007 at 11:20
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 19:17
well prove it's not

Edited by Siege Tower - 11-Oct-2007 at 22:32
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 21:17
If one is to believe that they all worship a "different" God, then arn't you accepting polythiesm by acknowledging that people worship various gods.

Most of the world religions have a notion of "creation", creation power.

The lamps are different but the light is essentially the same.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 03:19
Originally posted by Siege Tower

well prove it's not

LOL

Originally posted by Bulldog

If one is to believe that they all worship a "different" God, then arn't you accepting polythiesm by acknowledging that people worship various gods.

Only if you say that said "different God" actually exists. If you say they worship a God which they believe exists, and is different to yours, but you do not believe it exists then it's still monotheistic.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 22:37
Zaitsev
Only if you say that said "different God" actually exists. If you say they worship a God which they believe exists, and is different to yours, but you do not believe it exists then it's still monotheistic.

But your accepting that they believe in a "different" God, for their to even be a notion of "other" Gods it would mean polythiesm.

There can only be one God if we are to be monothiest, those of other religions to yourself believe in the same God but have different interpretations.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 06:47
Because there is One God it doesn't mean that others don't believe in false gods.

While the three faiths do worship the same God, there are very different interpretations going around.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 07:58
Originally posted by Bulldog

But your accepting that they believe in a "different" God, for their to even be a notion of "other" Gods it would mean polythiesm.

There can only be one God if we are to be monothiest, those of other religions to yourself believe in the same God but have different interpretations.

No you're accepting that they believe in what they believe to be a different God. Simple as that.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 00:16
I do never get the reason why should people be interested in whom the other one believes and judge the person on that.

It is between God and the person, or Nature and the person, or Nothing and the person etc.

The fact that basically shall be understood is; it is not a multilateral relationship, it is a bilateral relationship, and it only binds its parties.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
SuN. View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote SuN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 06:28
The three religions dont worship the same God.
Even if they  worshipped the same God, they would still fight
They would find some other excuse to do so. For eg. language.
If language is same they would fight over dialects.
IF that is also same, they would fight over tribal loyalty.
If that is also same they would fight for land or family.

If everything is same they could form forum like AE & fight over "What if " threads.

Uncertaininty is one of the fundamental necessities of humans. Whenever Uniformity encroaches upon the existence of uncertainity, fights will take place.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2007 at 09:07

This thread, "Jews, Christians and muslims worship the same God," along with several others, has been moved from "Intellectual Discussions" to the more appropriate "Philosophy and Theology" subforum. Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Akolouthos
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2007 at 19:53
They all worship the same God.

Jews refered to God as"Eloah" or "Elohim" in Hebrew.

Jesus refered to God as  "Allaha" in Aramaic.

Muslim refer to God as "Allah" in Arabic.

They are all derived from ancient Semitic word "El" for God. 
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 07:11

That's not a good argument because they must be derived from the same qualities and not just the same name.

I could join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and claim a revealation that his name is Al, from the semitic word El, and by your logic that would make him the same God as the Abrahamic God, cause it comes from the word for God.

Not saying that your logic isn't truthful but it can't be the sole basis of logic.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 20:18
Originally posted by JanusRook

That's not a good argument because they must be derived from the same qualities and not just the same name.

I could join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and claim a revealation that his name is Al, from the semitic word El, and by your logic that would make him the same God as the Abrahamic God, cause it comes from the word for God.

Not saying that your logic isn't truthful but it can't be the sole basis of logic.

But the problem is "El" or "Al" as in your case doesn't mean "God" in your language, but for all the languages I aforementioned they all mean one "God". Even before the advent of Islam, there were certain numbers  of Arab monotheists who believed there was an universal almighty deity called "Illiah" and they believed it was the same God that Jews and Christians worshipped thru the revelation of Abraham. These people were called "Hanif" in Arabic. Mohammed was one of them before he became Prophet. It was later confirmed when Mohammed received revelation from God that Allah is the same God as Judaism and Christianity.

Judging from what I read from Jewish and Christian website, most of the Jews agree that Muslim is worshipping the same God as them although they question the legitamacy of Mohammed. Notheless, almost all the Christian websites denied this and claimed that  Mohammed was possessed and the God he was worshipping was in reality a Jinn.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 20:22

Good discussion. Now I tell ya, isn't interfaith dialogue much better on AE than some of those other websites of particualr orientation?

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 16:53
Originally posted by Killabee

Originally posted by JanusRook

But the problem is "El" or "Al" as in your case doesn't mean "God" in your language, but for all the languages I aforementioned they all mean one "God". Even before the advent of Islam, there were certain numbers  of Arab monotheists who believed there was an universal almighty deity called "Illiah" and they believed it was the same God that Jews and Christians worshipped thru the revelation of Abraham. These people were called "Hanif" in Arabic. Mohammed was one of them before he became Prophet. It was later confirmed when Mohammed received revelation from God that Allah is the same God as Judaism and Christianity.

Judging from what I read from Jewish and Christian website, most of the Jews agree that Muslim is worshipping the same God as them although they question the legitamacy of Mohammed. Notheless, almost all the Christian websites denied this and claimed that  Mohammed was possessed and the God he was worshipping was in reality a Jinn.

More than likely the christian websites you were on were probably of the fundamentalist kind. Please correct me if Im wrong but doesnt Islam regard "jinn" as another race created by God that can not be seen by humans but are not angels and demons? This is how it was explained to me, in any case there is no theology of this kind found in christianity"Catholicism" that I am aware of.
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 17:19
I think the big confusion about this line

Jesus had no father his soul was directly put inside Maria.

Christians see read this and say jesus must be the son of God than.(not all christians if i'm wrong)

But in Islam this theory could never be accepted for the soul reason.

God has no parents nor has he childern. so 'were all childern of God' doesn't work in Islam.

I allways wondered why muslims didn't see Jesus as 'the savior'. They believe he will be the last prophet to walk on this earth. When was he comming again according to the Islamic prophecies?
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 19:29
Originally posted by xi_tujue

I think the big confusion about this line

Jesus had no father his soul was directly put inside Maria.

Christians see read this and say jesus must be the son of God than.(not all christians if i'm wrong)

But in Islam this theory could never be accepted for the soul reason.

God has no parents nor has he childern. so 'were all childern of God' doesn't work in Islam.

I allways wondered why muslims didn't see Jesus as 'the savior'. They believe he will be the last prophet to walk on this earth. When was he comming again according to the Islamic prophecies?

Hello xi_tujue, Im not sure I understand completely your above post......Sorry. Chalk it up to my ignorance and lack of understanding, no doubt.

Jesus' soul was put directly inside Mary??? Wow, never heard any Christian sect believe anything like this...

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 21:22
you tell me that christains believe that Jesus is teh son of Josef.

It's that God put Jesus' life essance into mary.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 22:50

The muslim consider Jesus Messiah but they dont acknowledge he is the son of God or God himself but just a Prophet. They believe he will rise up again to fight the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) on the Judgement Day along with Al-Mahdi.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 23:08

you tell me that christains believe that Jesus is teh son of Josef.

It's that God put Jesus' life essance into mary.

By the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary

-That is the Catholic belief
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>